Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 13:42   #601
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH75 View Post
This is a cheap move from Hyundai considering all variants of the Baleno have climate control. Not that it is necessary, but it does add to the ambience of the cabin. The manual AC controls on this car look like they were borrowed from a tractor.
Totally agree. Even though my diesel sportz has automatic climate control I always use it in manual mode. But it does add to the look of the cabin. The manual setup sticks out like a sore thumb and looks outdated in a cabin which looks futuristic.
I think they introduced the automatic control for sportz variants around March 2022, pretty much after new Baleno was launched. Strange to see them removing feature within a year.

Last edited by Revvatron : 10th March 2023 at 13:42. Reason: minor edit
Old 16th March 2023, 19:01   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH75 View Post
A couple of weeks ago, my cousin ordered an I20 Sportz. When we went to the PDI, I was quite surprised on seeing there was no climate control. On asking the SA, he informed us that cars from Feb 23 have no climate control.

This is a cheap move from Hyundai considering all variants of the Baleno have climate control. Not that it is necessary, but it does add to the ambience of the cabin. The manual AC controls on this car look like they were borrowed from a tractor.
They have not removed the AUTO climate control. You can get one with manual or Auto AC. Difference of 3500rs for both variants. If you want your car very soon you choose Manual AC, the auto AC sports model will take 8-10 weeks.
NJ_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:22   #603
BHPian

Hello. I am thinking of buying i20 for my dad. Can current manual and automatic owners share their respective mileage? My dad's adamant on manual because of mileage concerns.
Also, any ideas of what type of discounts you are getting?
My local dealer is offering i20 sports manual petrol for 885 in first round of negotiations (OTR price with excess insurance money is 915)
Old 20th March 2023, 18:16   #604
BANNED

Newbie first-time owner update:
Took my i20 Magna to Morni hills for the first time yesterday and its performance was pathetic, to say the least. On inclines, 2nd gear was useless. In fact, while the gear shift indicator would suggest upshifting as per speed and RPM but on steeper inclines as soon as put the car in 2nd gear, revs would drop and the engine has virtually no power thus I had to downshift to get it moving again. Is it something to be expected of its engine or something wrong with it or just plain dumb driving?
Old 20th March 2023, 18:40   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Hello. I am thinking of buying i20 for my dad. Can current manual and automatic owners share their respective mileage?
The petrol manual in our family gives around 16-17 kmpl on highway and around 11-12 in the traffic. The traffic is mix of B2B and slow moving vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
Newbie first-time owner update:
Took my i20 Magna to Morni hills for the first time yesterday and its performance was pathetic, to say the least. On inclines, 2nd gear was useless. In fact, while the gear shift indicator would suggest upshifting as per speed and RPM but on steeper inclines as soon as put the car in 2nd gear, revs would drop and the engine has virtually no power thus I had to downshift to get it moving again. Is it something to be expected of its engine or something wrong with it or just plain dumb driving?
It is expected with Hyundai's NA engines. The power is very linear and it is around 82 bhp max. Even on flat roads they would take their sweet time.
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:26   #606
BANNED

While coming back from the same trip, late in the night, I got a flat in the rear passenger side. Gave it to the local"puncture walla" and picked it up yesterday. He showed me the "tumorous bump" in a couple of places on the tire after inflating it with just 10PSI of air. He said that this tire is done for and I should ask Hyundai to replace it as it was a relatively new tire (car bought in August 2022 and done 18K so far). If they don't do so then I should get a new one from the after-market dealers.
If anyone else had a similar experience, will Hyundai folks replace it without too much of a hassle or am I better off going to outside dealers?
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:59   #607
BANNED

Went to the Hyundai service center, and they told me to take it to a local Bridgestone dealer whom they have tie up with. If he refuses to replace it then they'll escalate the matter. There was another customer present there who concurred with me as his brother's Creta also faced a similar issue but to a higher degree wherein his tire actually burst after puncture repair. The service Agent tried to put it on me that I shouldn't have repaired it or must have driven car with a flat. I told him that I replaced it with a spare as soon as TPMS gave the indication of a flat and secondly if I hadn't got the tire repaired then I wouldn't have discovered this issue.
Old 23rd March 2023, 15:54   #608
BHPian

Is wireless Android auto working seamlessly for everyone? It works flawlessly when phone is connected with cable but I drive long distances so it is fully charged during my journey so I try to connect without cable when my phone reaches 100%
The issue is it does not connect at the first go. First it displays the message " Disconnecting Xyz's phone please wait" even though I had deleted that xyz phone from the connection list. So 50% of the time it fails to connect in the first attempt. So as a work around I delete my device and start from scratch. Even then sometimes after it is connected successfully, it automatically disconnects. Is there a work around for this?
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:27   #609
BHPian

I am looking for some advice here, I know that this thread is for i20. I am confused between Altroz XZA ( DCA ) vs i20 Automatic.
People who own i20, can you please let me know if you tested Altorz before booking i20? and what is your feedback?
Primary usage will be city only with occasional highway ( once is 3-4 months )
Old 2nd April 2023, 01:39   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I am looking for some advice here,
Primary usage will be city only with occasional highway ( once is 3-4 months )
From the owner of an i20 Turbo DCT:

1. If fuel efficiency matters to you, I would suggest the Baleno AMT. Dont even look at i20/Altroz in that case.

2. i20 DCT is far better than the Altroz DCT, mainly because of the lacklustre Tata engine. Hyundai’s 1.0 GDi Turbo is an absolute gem in comparison.

3. If your usage is mainly City focused I will suggest the i20 iVT instead of the DCT. The CVT gearbox is far better suited to city conditions than any DCT/DSG.

4. If you go for the i20 or the Altroz petrol please bear in mind that fuel efficiency is going to be disappointing at best.

5. Fit and finish, quality and durability of a Hyundai product is far better than that of any Tata. The i20 will be far more reliable and trouble-free than an Altroz.

6. Take your time, Drive all the cars, and buy the one that convinces you the most. That’s all that matters.

Last edited by Potenza : 2nd April 2023 at 01:42. Reason: Typo
Potenza is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:19   #611

Hi all

I am considering i20 Nline N8. Any updates regarding i20 next generation update? I read on autocar that in Dec 2022, they saw car testing. But no news later on.
Old 9th April 2023, 12:30   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOnRoad View Post
Any updates regarding i20 next generation update?
The i20 has just entered the third year of what is typically a six year product-lifecycle. So the next generation is at least 3 years away. A facelift however could be possible by the end of the year. Maybe in time for the festive season.
Potenza is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 18:23   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
They have not removed the AUTO climate control. You can get one with manual or Auto AC. Difference of 3500rs for both variants. If you want your car very soon you choose Manual AC, the auto AC sports model will take 8-10 weeks.
No they have removed automatic climate control from sportz variant. I recently bought a I20 sportz variant and there is no option to choose automatic climate control, It only comes with manual ac
Old 11th April 2023, 20:04   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
No they have removed automatic climate control from sportz variant. I recently bought a I20 sportz variant and there is no option to choose automatic climate control, It only comes with manual ac
Interesting! We were given 2 prices. The sales guy showed 2 different pricing from his price list and told me auto AC version would have waiting period. It was clearly mentioned in their price list.

The manual AC just looked so out of place on that dashboard. Anyway congratulations on your new car, its a looker. How do you find the lights to be during night?
NJ_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:56   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
Interesting! We were given 2 prices. The sales guy showed 2 different pricing from his price list and told me auto AC version would have waiting period. It was clearly mentioned in their price list.

The manual AC just looked so out of place on that dashboard. Anyway congratulations on your new car, its a looker. How do you find the lights to be during night?
Yes, It's a looker especially in the night. Mine is in starry night shade. Manual ac controls are an eyesore and looks out of place in this car. But spending more than a lakh for the asta variant is not value for money. Lights are average but that is expected as it is halogens
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 Review-img20230322wa006201.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks