Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 22:59   #136
BHPian

Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

What does “ATS shows special effects “ setting in Gloster for? What does it do?
What is park distance control?
Request someone to please explain.
I have a 2021 model 6 seater 4x4 savy.
Old 26th March 2022, 08:35   #137
BHPian

Hi all, I was thinking about buying this car. I felt it's a great value proposition (as long as the size and turbo lag isn't too much of a bother within city) and this seems to be the only good choice now that Endy is no more.

However I see that while it is listed on MG website, it is not available in the enquiry form. Is this model still in production or did MG discontinue it?

Or do they have limited numbers selling per year and this year's quota is booked out. Does anyone know?

Is it worth then to look into the used car market for this car?
Old 26th May 2022, 17:04   #138
BHPian

MG Gloster facelift undergoing testing in Pune - reported by MotorBeam on Instagram yesterday. Refer link for details:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-S18RoNFB/

Was also reported a month ago, but couldn't find any mention in our forum:

Last edited by manpreetsj : 26th May 2022 at 17:07.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 23:03   #139
BHPian

They still haven't removed the camo stickers from the old one. Seen by a friend near BG Road Bangalore today.

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20220615wa0075.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20220615wa0076.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20220615wa0077.jpg

Wonder what they are still testing ...

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20220615wa0078.jpg

With the Endeavour gone, there is a wide price gap for a burly SUV at a lucrative price, Meridian doesn't seem to have that kind of space.
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 16:29   #140
BHPian

hi @manasmadaan
trying to PM you but your box is full.
Old 7th July 2022, 17:24   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
hi @manasmadaan
trying to PM you but your box is full.
I have deleted the messages in the inbox folder. You should be able to do it now 👍
Old 16th September 2022, 12:33   #142
BHPian

Hi everyone

My gloster is facing battery drain issues. First time it happened around 20 days ago when it refused to start in the morning. It was taken to the service center where they analysed it for 2 days and finally replaced the battery under warranty saying that it could be manufacturer defect.

Now again 2 days back, i started it around 7 in the morning and parked it outside my house. Around 9.30 am, again it refused to start.. The technician came and jump started the car and again it was found at the service station that battery is empty without any charge left. They have been trying to find the cause of battery drain since 2 days bit nothing has come out yet. The alternator as per them is fine and now they are checking the wires for any defect.

Any idea, what could be the cause of such fast battery drain in a new battery?
Old 20th September 2022, 19:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi everyone

My gloster is facing battery drain issues. First time it happened around 20 days ago when it refused to start in the morning. It was taken to the service center where they analysed it for 2 days and finally replaced the battery under warranty saying that it could be manufacturer defect.

Now again 2 days back, i started it around 7 in the morning and parked it outside my house. Around 9.30 am, again it refused to start.. The technician came and jump started the car and again it was found at the service station that battery is empty without any charge left. They have been trying to find the cause of battery drain since 2 days bit nothing has come out yet. The alternator as per them is fine and now they are checking the wires for any defect.

Sorry the response is delayed but I hope the issue is resolved for you now. Normally issue is because of-

1) Faulty battery
2) Rusty wires
3) Alternator
4) Fuse
5) After Market Accessories.

Since the battery and alternator are good please look for the other 3. I am surprised MG technicians are not able to sort this in 2 tries.
Old 25th September 2022, 00:51   #144

Hi all,

I need an opinion on the new Gloster. I presently drive. Duster diesel and have been looking for some exciting SUV around ₹40-50 lakhs, with recently updated interiors, decent off-road capacity, and a handsome road presence. I live in Bangalore and would mostly stay in major metros.

So, after much research, I listed some contenders - Compass Trailhawk, new Tucson, Meridian, Fortuner, and Legender. We often notice urban floods in Indian metros and it does make one worry about what your car would do for your family when it matters the most. ( Read horribly waterlogged societies and roads).

So, I took test drives of all these cars and had the following take:

Tucson: The car looks fabulous and posh. However, Hyundai is not exactly known for its ruggedness. Also, spending 40+ on a Hyundai just didn’t feel right. Moreover, Hyundai showroom people were so less interested that it made you not feel ‘premium’.

Trailhawk: I didn’t get a Trailhawk test drive but the regular compass S model. I really liked how it was the right size for a city like Bangalore and with decent ruggedness. And I am still inclined toward it.

Meridian was similar in performance and I didn't feel the third row had any useful purpose other than kids.

Then, I took the Legender test drive and just loved it. However, Toyota needs to do a lot more in terms of modern-day facilities inside the car. Interiors feel quite ordinary for that price range.

And finally, to add to the confusion, my wife suggested the new Gloster. I took a test drive and it was love at first drive. Be it handling, premium features in the car, or its road presence - it's an incredible car. Also, I could get a 4*4 Diesel AT at 52, the same cost as Fortuner 4*4 AT, with a way more premium cabin. So, presently I am super confused between Fortuner/ Legender and Gloster.

Concerns with Gloster:

1. MG is relatively new to India and Toyota is a well-established brand. Hence, trust issues exist.
2. Size is a tad bit too big for urban conditions.
3. Also, resale value is likely to be way higher for Fortuner.
4. At the same price, I feel a Fortuner has more snob value compared to the Gloster. Not that it's a make or break but still it doesn't hurt to have a good road presence.

Positives of Gloster:
1. Its interior is out of this world. Just a posh experience all the way. MG is a generation ahead of Toyota in-cabin experience, at least.
2. It feels like the right car for all types of conditions - be it a swanky restaurant or a clogged road.

So friends, pray for help on this decision with your valuable input.

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th October 2022 at 08:18. Reason: Please proof-read your post for typos before submitting. Thank you!
GentlemanOnRoad is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th November 2022, 00:23   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOnRoad View Post
Hi all,

So, after much research, I listed some contenders - Compass Trailhawk, new Tucson, Meridian, Fortuner, and Legender. We often notice urban floods in Indian metros and it does make one worry about what your car would do for your family when it matters the most. ( Read horribly waterlogged societies and roads).
I seem to be in the exact same predicament at this point. These are the thoughts I have:
1. Jeep (Compass/Meridian): There are too many threads around the unreliability of the brand. Have finally managed to make up my mind about not going ahead, until there is a radical change in the attitude. What always pulls me back is the solid build, the ride, handling and the impressions of the wife.
2. Tuscon: My first car being a Hyundai, there is no love lost for the brand, but unsure of whether to really go ahead with the 40L+ spend on a Hyundai
3. Fortuner/Legender: This seems to be the only sensible choice for me. The only deal breaker is the significant generation gap between Toyota and any of the other three contenders
4. Gloster: A true competitor in terms of feel, comfort, features etc. Unfortunately I managed to find the dead band in the power system around the 1750 rpm range where there seems to be barely any power and this, does not let me want to proceed

Current state of mind: Wait for the new generation Fortuner supposedly launching in India or for an X1 arriving a few months later. In the meanwhile, I pray to the gods for Ford to come back with Everest.
Old 7th December 2022, 14:19   #146

New Honda (?) 7 Seater spied testing

Hello fellow BHP-ians!

This is my first post on the forum, after having been a long time lurker. Kindly excuse any inadvertent mistakes that creep in to my post.

I was driving from Bannerghatta road to Mysore road via NICE road on the 30th of November and while in line for the toll I spotted a camouflaged test car, which to me looked like a new Honda 7-seater.

I may be wrong in identifying the make but the placement / size of the hidden logo did make it seem like a Honda. Having read all the rumors of a potential Honda exit, I was overjoyed, and asked the wife to take some quick pictures to share with this forum.

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20221201wa0043.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20221201wa0041.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-img20221201wa0039.jpg

Mods: I couldn't find an existing thread to post my discovery so initiating a new one. Please do move / merge with the right one if I'm mistaken.
Old 26th March 2023, 10:00   #147
BHPian

Hello folks, could any Gloster owner here tell me if the car's glasses come tinted / UV cut etc. from the factory? My brother is taking delivery of the vehicle tomorrow and in case the car comes with plain glasses, we can already plan for tints installation.

Any info around this will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 7th April 2023, 22:07   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi everyone

Has the issue been resolved? What was the reason for the battery draining?

schubeir10
Old 15th April 2023, 11:38   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubeir10 View Post
Has the issue been resolved? What was the reason for the battery draining?

schubeir10
Yes, the issue has been resolved. i have driven close to 5000 kms post that and the issue has not resurfaced. However, still not sure about the actual problem but the agency people changed the battery again and a sensor (in warranty) and that seems to have solved whatever the problem was.
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 12:18   #150

Hello all,

New to the forum. Wanted to hear from current Gloster owners their ownership experience till date. Confused between Fortuner and Gloster. My wife and my mom have taken a liking towards Gloster after taking a test drive of both the Fortuner as well as the Gloster. We are currently looking at 7str Savvy 4x4 variant. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks