Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2020, 17:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The Gloster shipping mostly should be display and demo cars right ? Did they ship any Glosters in October ?
If I am not wrong MG reports retail numbers , i.e. direct sales. So in reality this has outsold the fortuner and endeavour?
Old 5th December 2020, 23:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
If I am not wrong MG reports retail numbers , i.e. direct sales. So in reality this has outsold the fortuner and endeavour?
I don’t think so, last month FADA reported 2370 registrations vs 3750 reported by MG, a ~40% difference.
S.MJet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 23:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
It's the other way right ? MG shipped around 627 or more wholesale units from the launch in October and delivered those in November reflecting the retails at 627 units !
The October wholesale figures for Fortuner was 1472 units , and Ford was around 852 units respectively, current figures will be delivered in December.

Fortuner is affected by workers strike and facelift launch , Ford is into maintenance shut down it seems.

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 5th December 2020 at 23:51.
TorqueIndia is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 23:52   #79
BHPian

Test drove the gloster, felt it was excellent value for money. The feature list will shame the ultra super premium vehicles. The manufacturers have been fooling the Indian customers by pricing the cars exorbitantly with no features at all, I feel gloster will be a sure winner.
vindrider2626 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 00:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Spotted one in White color today.

The car has presence, not two ways about it. It is massive.
BANDHAV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 08:03   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Spotted one in White color today.

The car has presence, not two ways about it. It is massive.
Never seen one in flesh. Does it have the same presence as a endeavour/fortuner? It gives me a feeling that due to somewhat tame styling, it might not have that same presence.
Old 6th December 2020, 11:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never seen one in flesh. Does it have the same presence as a endeavour/fortuner? It gives me a feeling that due to somewhat tame styling, it might not have that same presence.
Even my first spotting of it in wild.

To be honest after seeing it in person, I felt that MG's talk of a Landcruiser at 1/3rd price was not that much of a BS, alteast in road presence it is there. It would dwarf the Fortuner and Endeavour for sure.
BANDHAV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
Test drove the gloster, felt it was excellent value for money. The feature list will shame the ultra super premium vehicles. The manufacturers have been fooling the Indian customers by pricing the cars exorbitantly with no features at all, I feel gloster will be a sure winner.
I wish it does!. It is a brilliantly packaged monstrous SUV. The Hector itself is a car I thought did not get its due. Hope the Gloster can. But can it drag the loyal Fortuner Indians in?
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 15:46   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
I wish it does!. It is a brilliantly packaged monstrous SUV. The Hector itself is a car I thought did not get its due. Hope the Gloster can. But can it drag the loyal Fortuner Indians in?
I think it's off to a good start bagging almost similar numbers to fortuner and endeavour.

Offtopic- Unlike Harrier, Hector is a roaring success. Assuming the competition as XUV 500 and Harrier, it's numbers have been way better than both.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 10:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

MG Motor India has delivered 7 Gloster SUVs to its customers in one day in Cochin, Kerala. The carmaker retailed 627 units for the Gloster in its first month.

MG Gloster : Official Review-smartselect_20201207102716_chrome.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-smartselect_20201207102731_chrome.jpg

https://www.carandbike.com/news/mg-m...cochin-2334957
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 19:27   #86
BHPian

Just saw a Gloster in real life and it looked so dull and boring. I couldn't find that presence everyone is talking about. It looks just like the Isuzu Mux or some decade old Suv.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 21:18   #87
BHPian

Saw one in red today. Looked like a Mahindra. I don't know why people think this looks imposing.

The badges looked pretty awful too.

It simply doesn't match the butch masculine looks of the endeavour or the sharpness of the fortuner.

I think it only beats them in the interior department.
rahul_jo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 12:46   #88
Senior - BHPian

My friend got 'Low Urea Warning' in his Gloster. It has run just about 300km. Owner's manual says Rated Volume 17L. Not sure how much was filled at factory. (Vehicle was also idling for couple of hours as we were trying out various features & functions).

SA told that Urea consumption is approx. 3% of diesel consumption. So, going by fuel tank capacity of 75L, urea tank will need refilling after every 6 fuel tank-full. Lets see how it will go practical scenario. Another calculation to keep .

Now the critical bit. As per owner's manual, if urea tank runs empty, the vehicle can't be started. No limp mode, nothing. So, in case owner is not attentive, the vehicle may just give up. Is this similar with other BS6 Diesels as well (which have AdBlue/ Urea tank) ?

Also, Gloster owner manual says that the urea tank is required to be refilled to a level that can travel over 800km. Not sure how to gauge that. Very confusing. AdBlue/ Urea may not be easily available everywhere (for now). So, I have asked him to (a) keep watch on the mileage for Urea warning and make an estimate, (b) do a Urea tank full before setting out for a long trip and (c) keep spare 5L Urea can in boot.

One more frustrating thing due to lack of commonsense on MG's part. The owner manual is not fully searchable. Lot of text is laid out as image. It's pain to find specific keywords. e.g. try searching Urea, it is found at 3 locations, that too only in index, nowhere else. Otherwise as well, the text in Owner manual is confusing at many places. Seems to be written by employees not fluent in English language. MG is trying hard to be considered as premium brand, but lacking basics.

Name:  Urea.PNG
Views: 4796
Size:  73.4 KB

MG Gloster : Official Review-urea_1.png
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 14:13   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
My friend got 'Low Urea Warning' in his Gloster. It has run just about 300km. Owner's manual says Rated Volume 17L. Not sure how much was filled at factory.
Vehicle was back from 1st Free Service. Only charge was for the AdBlue, Rs. 1275 incl. 18% GST for total 15L (Rs. 85/L).

Vehicle took in almost 13L of AdBlue, remaining 2L in can was given back.

MG Gloster : Official Review-3602_001_page_1.jpg
AutoNoob is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 12:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Vehicle took in almost 13L of AdBlue, remaining 2L in can was given back.
And here is the photo of can. Incase someone is interested

MG Gloster : Official Review-def_1.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-def_2.jpg
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks