Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 12:23   #121
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

So, after much deliberation and weighing all my options, i bought MG GLoster Savvy variant 7 seater in black.

As already mentioned, the options in this segment were very limited, especially after the Ford pullout (else would have ended up buying Endy).
The card looked at were:

1) Mahindra Alturus G4: Almost ended buying this but for the non usable last row seat and fear of being discontinued. It had good discounts in the range of 3-4 lakhs thus making it a tempting proposition.

2) Carnival limousine variant: This was very hard to go by at a good deal of Rs 36 lakhs on road price. the only deterrent was the low GC issue which i just could not make up my mind to risk. Else, it seemed a wonderful vehicle. spacious, good looking, good to drive, dual sunroofs (kids loved it), back seat entertainment (again kids were overjoyed)

3) Fortuner: I know that i would be in a minority if i say that i never considered this vehicle. But for a vehicle costing Rs 45 lakhs OTR, it should atleast give me a feeling of sitting in such an expensive one. And this fails at that front. The interiors, the features and the price just do not match upto each other.

The only other vehicle left was the Gloster, which i test drove multiple times and could find only one fallacy - sluggish low end response. In all other parameters, it was a very satisfying experience. The wife loved it for the space, kids loved the massive sunroof and i loved the overall plush experience that this car gives you when you sit inside.

So went ahead and booked the top variant 7 seater black colour on 07.10.2021 and was promised delivery within 2 weeks but as luck would have it some booking got cancelled and hence i got the delivery on 14.10.2021.
manasmadaan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 12:36   #122
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Posting some pics during the delivery and some post it and also while getting the ceramic coating done.

Just before the unveiling - My littlie just dwarfs in front of the massive vehicle
MG Gloster : Official Review-1.jpg

MG Gloster : Official Review-2.jpg
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  130.5 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  185.7 KB

The cake cutting
MG Gloster : Official Review-5.jpg

Handing over of the keys
MG Gloster : Official Review-6.jpg MG Gloster : Official Review-7.jpg

At the mandir for pooja
Name:  8.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  113.0 KB

The interior view
Name:  9.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  94.1 KB

Parked outside the home
Name:  10.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  137.6 KB MG Gloster : Official Review-11.jpg

Ceramic coating
Name:  12.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  120.3 KB Name:  13.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  111.3 KB
MG Gloster : Official Review-14.jpg Name:  15.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  112.9 KB

Accessories added (Back bumper guard. side body moulding)
Name:  BACK GUARD.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  120.4 KB MG Gloster : Official Review-side-moulding.jpg

Tab holder and neck rests
MG Gloster : Official Review-tab.jpg MG Gloster : Official Review-neckrests.jpg
manasmadaan is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:49   #123
BHPian
 
Pandher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nabha
Posts: 42
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Believe me, remove those ugly Gloster and Morris Garages badges
Pandher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 10:05   #124
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandher View Post
Believe me, remove those ugly Gloster and Morris Garages badges
I somehow like the front Morris Garages badge, especially on black colour.

However i do agree on the big ugly GLOSTER badge at the rear and would like to remove it. But wont that leave residue marks on the paint? Any idea on their removal process?
manasmadaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 17:54   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Banglore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 98 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

You sir, have made the best decision of your life according to me.
One of my friend decided to go with overpriced Fortuner, but then I suggested him to go with Gloster.
Fortuner is only selling due to brand value and reliability, nothing else.
Seriously Toyota, your Etios looks and feels more plush than your 50 lakh Fortuner.
Please keep updating us with your ownership experience sir.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 22:46   #126
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
You sir, have made the best decision of your life according to me.
One of my friend decided to go with overpriced Fortuner, but then I suggested him to go with Gloster.
Fortuner is only selling due to brand value and reliability, nothing else.
Seriously Toyota, your Etios looks and feels more plush than your 50 lakh Fortuner.
Please keep updating us with your ownership experience sir.
Thanks.
I cannot generalise it but definitely when i am spending close to 45 lakh rs on a car, i want it give me a feeling of such a price and fortuner for all its reliability and engine longevity, fails on that front. The interiors look like belonging to a less than 20 lakh rupee segment. About features and feelgood factor, the less said the better.
I could never convince myself to spend such a huge amount just for the engine reliability.

The gloster except for its low end sluggishness really appealed to me, be it for the size, interiors, features or the feel good factor. It has made heads turn wherever it has gone, especially in black colour.
The buying experience was ultra smooth and i just hope the ASS experience remains the same 😊
manasmadaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 23:10   #127
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,860
Thanked: 2,645 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I somehow like the front Morris Garages badge, especially on black colour.

However i do agree on the big ugly GLOSTER badge at the rear and would like to remove it. But wont that leave residue marks on the paint? Any idea on their removal process?
Here you go:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...your-ride.html (DIY : Debadging your ride)

Congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe and happy journeys!
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 22:17   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 118
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Even i purchased a Gloster 4x4 6 Seater Savvy on 5th nov 21
With a heavy heart had to let go of my 3.2 endeavour ( why did i sell? personal reasons)
After going through multiple threads and considering multiple options like harrier, compass, xuv500, xuv700, x1 and gla.( i know completely different segments)
Was looking for something which my mom and dad liked ( the car is going to be my dads daily drive)
Both loved the Gloster and so ended up buying it.
The car has a lot of features some may not be used at all.
Now on a 7 day roadtrip from Pune - konkan - Goa - Pune
architkarpe is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 22:39   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 118
Thanked: 144 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

I just love the driving experience. My kids and wife loved the seats and the ride quality.
Yes - the gear box is slow to respond especially prominent in the ghat section with steep inclines with a bend. Found a way out - use paddle shifters to drop a gear.
Has any one found a setting to turn voice control off? Its very irritating when the vehicle is constantly saying
Left curve ahed / speed breaker ahead.
Thanks in advance
architkarpe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 23:21   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 324
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

What's the highest speedometer reading of Gloster we have seen so far in this forum? Any issues observed so far? I am in the same dilemma of manasmadan, considering Gloster as my next ride.
Thanks.
niv26 is offline  
Old 20th January 2022, 12:17   #131
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
What's the highest speedometer reading of Gloster we have seen so far in this forum? Any issues observed so far? I am in the same dilemma of manasmadan, considering Gloster as my next ride.
Thanks.
I have covered 7000 kms so far with a very pleasant experience. The car is buttery smooth to drive with luxurious, rich interiors, good audio quality, very effortless to drive on highways, more than enough space in all the 3 rows and excellent ASS to match it.

Cons observed:

1) Low speed sluggishness - This definitely is the most important one. but now after driving for 7000 kms, my driving style has become such that it doesn't bother me much. Paddle shifters are also an option to overcome this.

2) Beige colored thin roof cover - This s a thin light colored cover which may be cumbersome in peak summers. Have to wait for that observation.

3) Occasional software glitch - One of my sensor sirens keep on beeping as per its mood. Will have to get it checked at the service center.

So if you are looking for a comfortable cruiser with good ASS, spacious and luxurious interiors but with occasional cons as mentioned, this car ticks most of the boxes,
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 19:40   #132
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 324
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I have covered 7000 kms so far with a very pleasant experience. The car is buttery smooth to drive with luxurious, rich interiors, good audio quality, very effortless to drive on highways, more than enough space in all the 3 rows and excellent ASS to match it.

Cons observed:

1) Low speed sluggishness - This definitely is the most important one. but now after driving for 7000 kms, my driving style has become such that it doesn't bother me much. Paddle shifters are also an option to overcome this.

2) Beige colored thin roof cover - This s a thin light colored cover which may be cumbersome in peak summers. Have to wait for that observation.

3) Occasional software glitch - One of my sensor sirens keep on beeping as per its mood. Will have to get it checked at the service center.

So if you are looking for a comfortable cruiser with good ASS, spacious and luxurious interiors but with occasional cons as mentioned, this car ticks most of the boxes,
Thanks for the details. May be a wrong question for this segment, how much mileage you are getting. I am asking this question after reading Kodiaq mileage numbers of 5-7 kmpl.
I am currently driving Endeavor 2.2, still not able to find a replacement. I am getting 9.5 and I am happy with it.
niv26 is offline  
Old 20th January 2022, 22:22   #133
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks for the details. May be a wrong question for this segment, how much mileage you are getting. I am asking this question after reading Kodiaq mileage numbers of 5-7 kmpl.
I am currently driving Endeavor 2.2, still not able to find a replacement. I am getting 9.5 and I am happy with it.
I ve got maximum mileage of 14.9 on a highway run of around 450 kms.
Average mileage i ve been getting is around 10.2 for a mix of 70% city and 30% city driving.
Hope that answers your question
manasmadaan is offline  
Old 21st January 2022, 11:46   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 324
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
I ve got maximum mileage of 14.9 on a highway run of around 450 kms.
Average mileage i ve been getting is around 10.2 for a mix of 70% city and 30% city driving.
Hope that answers your question
Thanks, I think, you meant 30% highway driving. These numbers are good for me.
niv26 is offline  
Old 21st January 2022, 12:12   #135
BHPian
 
manasmadaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 311
Thanked: 313 Times
Default Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks, I think, you meant 30% highway driving. These numbers are good for me.
Yes. My mistake
For such a huge vehicle, these are respectable numbers.
Do take a comprehensive test drive of the vehicle though before finalising.
manasmadaan is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks