Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 14:58   #121
BHPian
 
hortons15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 55
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Another point I'd like to add when comparing to the competition (i20, polo, etc.) is perception. Not of the brand, but of the product. People shopping that segment (compact family hatches) are conscious of what their neighbors, society, and friends think.

I suggested the Altroz and Nexon to my friend who is in the market currently, since I consider them solid products at the moment. But he just said Altroz is going to be the next Indica cab, and he wouldn't like to be seen driving one. They're considering the i10 nios and magnite. I'm not sure what Tata should do here. I think cars like the Dzire, i10 sedan, etios, Innova all have this perception associated to them.

Maybe Tata could consider positioning products differently under the same brand, like what Maruti did with Nexa.
hortons15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 17:27   #122
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 98
Thanked: 566 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
I suggested the Altroz and Nexon to my friend who is in the market currently, since I consider them solid products at the moment. But he just said Altroz is going to be the next Indica cab, and he wouldn't like to be seen driving one. They're considering the i10 nios and magnite. I'm not sure what Tata should do here. I think cars like the Dzire, i10 sedan, etios, Innova all have this perception associated to them.
Tata doesnít need to do anything here. You have done your job by recommending Altroz and Nexon. Is ur friend living under a rock so as to not see any of new age Tata cars? Tiago/Nexon have been on sale since a long time and never become taxis. Such people will never change and continue to buy the same kind of products through generations(cars) and they are terribly misinformed. Canít help them. These Tata cars definitely deserve consideration after getting 5 star GNCAP safety ratings.
Napalm is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 00:05   #123
BHPian
 
anand.shankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 375
Thanked: 487 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortons15 View Post
Another point I'd like to add when comparing to the competition (i20, polo, etc.) is perception. Not of the brand, but of the product. People shopping that segment (compact family hatches) are conscious of what their neighbors, society, and friends think.

I suggested the Altroz and Nexon to my friend who is in the market currently, since I consider them solid products at the moment. But he just said Altroz is going to be the next Indica cab, and he wouldn't like to be seen driving one. They're considering the i10 nios and magnite. I'm not sure what Tata should do here. I think cars like the Dzire, i10 sedan, etios, Innova all have this perception associated to them.

Maybe Tata could consider positioning products differently under the same brand, like what Maruti did with Nexa.
Nothing wrong in your friend going for the Nios or the Magnite if they like the car, everyone wont have the same preference. However the Taxi comment helps us understand how misinformed and ignorant the person is about the Car scene today. At times we'll have to just let people be
anand.shankar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 20:04   #124
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 23
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Very few may pick Rapid and I am sure Tata will not mind that, they definitely wouldn't have considered Rapid as a competition while pricing Altroz.
Yeah. People who enjoy driving will definitely go for Rapid. But Altroz is a better all-rounded package with better after-sales record compared to Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
PS. has anyone else noticed that Tata always gets their blue colour shades just right. Be it their entry level hatch or flagship SUV, the blue shade always gets people talking.
I think it is because their own logo is in Blue . Seriously their blue is indeed fantastic. I got the opportunity to look at Nexon EV recently in Blue up close. It was glorious. I usually wouldn't go for anything other than white or grey but this blue is very tempting indeed.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th January 2021 at 21:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 09:01   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Thinking of booking Altroz Turbo XZ (ex show room 845,500 in Hyderabad). A couple of questions.

1. What are the ways to get best deal ? Please help.
2. Does different dealers have different prices and offers ? I assume same dealer in the city have exact prices even if it's different branches.


PS:
I am thinking of asking some accessories complementary , taking insurance on my own (digit and other private offer less).
manduvindupondu is offline  
Old 28th January 2021, 10:28   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,144
Thanked: 2,963 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Thinking of booking Altroz Turbo XZ (ex show room 845,500 in Hyderabad). A couple of questions.

1. What are the ways to get best deal ? Please help.
Would be tough to strike a deal because it's a new car and fairly in demand. Insurance outside and checking the exact ex-showroom prices Vs road tax percentage might give you a slightly lower amount. You can haggle and nullify handling charges. And get a few freebies thrown in. A month-end buy usually results in a better negotiation.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 10:49   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 820
Thanked: 2,844 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Would be tough to strike a deal because it's a new car and fairly in demand. ...You can haggle and nullify handling charges.
Didn't TATA stop this practice of taking handling charges by increasing prices of its cars last year?

If that actually was implemented on the ground then customers need not pay handling charges at all.
JithinR is offline  
Old 28th January 2021, 11:58   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
discoverwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,144
Thanked: 2,963 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Didn't TATA stop this practice of taking handling charges by increasing prices of its cars last year?

If that actually was implemented on the ground then customers need not pay handling charges at all.
Actually have no clue, Jithin. Haven't stepped into a showroom for the last couple of years. I did check the Harrier out, and that was it. Didn't even ask for the variant list and pricing.
discoverwild is offline  
Old 28th January 2021, 12:55   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 820
Thanked: 2,844 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Actually have no clue, Jithin. Haven't stepped into a showroom for the last couple of years. I did check the Harrier out, and that was it. Didn't even ask for the variant list and pricing.
Same here. I have not stepped into a showroom for months. There was a thread on Team BHP when TATA increased prices for the Nexon and Altroz.

Here is the final post on the thread (TATA Nexon Altroz Price Increase (Tata Nexon, Altroz prices increased from August 10, 2020))

Sometimes SA might try to dupe the customer by pretending to not know about this price increase which was apparently done to take care of all hidden charges (after all, it adds up to a nice profit for them).

It would really help if manufacturers started sending out sms and emails to customers with bookings informing them of the all the charges to be paid (they can even calculate the prevailing road tax amount) and ask the customer to not pay any additional charges. I don't think anyone in India does this as of now.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 23:19   #130
BHPian
 
yesyeswe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Pune - Jaipur
Posts: 567
Thanked: 1,617 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Saw a brand new altroz zipping through the traffic today, it was the white shade, and the black and white contrast look on the back portion looks absolutely drool worthy. It overtook a polo and the Altroz looked taller and wider, like a car from a upper segment while overtaking the polo.

I had called a tata dealer some days ago and enquired about the Altroz turbo on the phone, but they said it's not yet available and they'll let me know. So in my mind i knew that altroz turbo is not yet available in the market.

The way Altroz was maneuvering through the traffic and the overtaking speeds seemed suspicious to me, cause i know that altroz isn't that fast, then i saw the i turbo badge, and i got my answer

Will be going to the tata dealer tomorrow, i hope a test drive gets available.
yesyeswe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 20:59   #131
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 588 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

I booked a Altroz i-turbo XZ+ variant and Downtown red color from Kropex motors - Bangalore. The dealer says he has placed the order and there is a waiting time of at least 45 days to 2 months. Any idea when the deliveries are starting? Any way to confirm that the dealer has placed order?

Regarding the car - The leatherette seats looks sexy! Nice road handling, good power, car seems very premium inside out. The Harman system is mind blowing and at more than half the volume, you can see the IVRM etc. vibrating due to the Bass! Cruised at 80 for some time, and looked very calm. Coming from a Hyundai, the gear shift felt did not feel notchy and was able to shift the gears perfectly without any hassle. The clutch is super smooth, miles ahead of Hyundai Clutch feel. Did not try out the IRA features, looking forward to someone sharing the experience on the same.

Cheers!
Raghuwire
Raghuwire is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 21:36   #132
BHPian
 
yesyeswe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Pune - Jaipur
Posts: 567
Thanked: 1,617 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
I booked a Altroz i-turbo XZ+ variant and Downtown red color from Kropex motors - Bangalore. The dealer says he has placed the order and there is a waiting time of at least 45 days to 2 months. Any idea when the deliveries are starting? Any way to confirm that the dealer has placed order?
I too took a test drive recently and was told that there's no waiting period currently, you can book the car now and get it delivered around 15th of February.

I agree with everything you have written, the car is drool worthy. don't forget to take the insurance from outside or ask the dealer to match the outside rate.

Here's the test drive car
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img_20210130_165140.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 19:46   #133
BHPian
 
ManneAtWheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 172
Thanked: 334 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

ALTROZ with i-Ra

ManneAtWheelz is offline  
Old 5th February 2021, 04:29   #134
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 98
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Are test drive vehicles for Altroz Turbo Petrol available in Hyderabad. I enquired at multiple dealers but they don't have it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
I booked a Altroz i-turbo XZ+ variant and Downtown red color from Kropex motors - Bangalore. The dealer says he has placed the order and there is a waiting time of at least 45 days to 2 months. Any idea when the deliveries are starting? Any way to confirm that the dealer has placed order?

Regarding the car - The leatherette seats looks sexy! Nice road handling, good power, car seems very premium inside out. The Harman system is mind blowing and at more than half the volume, you can see the IVRM etc. vibrating due to the Bass! Cruised at 80 for some time, and looked very calm. Coming from a Hyundai, the gear shift felt did not feel notchy and was able to shift the gears perfectly without any hassle. The clutch is super smooth, miles ahead of Hyundai Clutch feel. Did not try out the IRA features, looking forward to someone sharing the experience on the same.

Cheers!
Raghuwire
Congratulations on your new buy. Hope you get your vehicle soon.
I have a question. How did you shortlist the dealer ?
I am looking to buy one in Hyderabad , and am enquiring .
1. Does a dealer with less number of branches offer more discount /free accessories ?
2. What all you negotiated with the dealer while buying ?
3. Do the rates remain the same at the same dealer's all branches in the city ?

Last edited by vb-san : 5th February 2021 at 07:46. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
manduvindupondu is offline  
Old 5th February 2021, 22:29   #135
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 588 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Congratulations on your new buy. Hope you get your vehicle soon.
I have a question. How did you shortlist the dealer ?
I am looking to buy one in Hyderabad , and am enquiring .
1. Does a dealer with less number of branches offer more discount /free accessories ?
2. What all you negotiated with the dealer while buying ?
3. Do the rates remain the same at the same dealer's all branches in the city ?
I had already booked a Nexon EV at this service centre, so just shifted it to the Altroz I turbo. Not much to negotiate, because it is new vehicle, so not offering much discounts. Since i am opting for company lease, I get the insurance outside. So that and there is no handling charge or anything.
You can ask a couple of dealers to check the price. Also if you are not finding a dealer in Hyderabad, please register on the Tata website, you will receive a call back!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th February 2021 at 23:14. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Raghuwire is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks