Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 11:24   #196
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Thanks for the quick and crisp review mods. This seals the deal for me mostly between Altroz and Nexon. Save some money, great looks, lot of features and 5 star safety for new parents like me.
Looks like I have also zeroed in on Altroz. Did you purchase the car? If so can you please share a short review. Thanks in advance.
mr_robot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 12:35   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Looks like I have also zeroed in on Altroz. Did you purchase the car? If so can you please share a short review. Thanks in advance.
Hi. I took the test drive of the I-turbo variant and it went great, loved it. Looks, power, dynamics- everything was sorted. The on-road price was coming up to 10.8 lakhs for the top end variant, I selected downtown red color. But the day, the car was allotted to me, Tata released the Safari ad, and I was smitten by it. I had loved the Harrier before too, but the price made me look at Altroz. After a week of sleepless nights, I bit the bullet, brought home a White Harrier XT+. But I still believe Atroz is the best product offering from Tata till date and is truly a world class offering. I do not have any justification why I bought Harrier over Altroz, which suited every little requirement of mine. But, sometimes, the heart rules over the mind. You cant go wrong with the Altroz, my friend bought one 6 months back, and he is loving the experience. Every time i look at it, I am floored by its looks.
Raghuwire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 12:46   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Road noise is due to crappy tires. I switched to Continental UC6 on day of delivery and they are super silent. Mine is a diesel XZ.
My close friend too did the same with his Altroz iTurbo XZ variant. Straight to the tyre shop to swap the OE tyres to Continental UC6. There is a drastic difference in the way the car drives. Steering is slightly tighter with the Continentals compared to the OE Tyres apart from the huge improvement in tyre noise and slightly softer ride.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:22   #199
BHPian

Dear Altroz Turbo Petrol owners,

Can you please share the FE you are getting in the city? I see some of you have reported decent figures, users on CarDekho have reported decent figures(above 12kmpl)but I found conflicting information in Autocar India's review(9kmpl!!). I know a lot of factors come into play, but it would also help if you can provide answer in two categories with these conditions - "AC on during 40 degree celsius outside temperature, not bumper to bumper traffic condition & a person who has less driving experience"
1.I'm going to get below than 10kmpl but above 7kmpl.
2.I'm going to get above than 10kmpl but below 14kmpl.
Old 8th June 2021, 14:51   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Dear Altroz Turbo Petrol owners
1.I'm going to get below than 10kmpl but above 7kmpl.
2.I'm going to get above than 10kmpl but below 14kmpl.
Like you have said fuel economy of a car has so many factors which play their part, starting with the kind of driver and how he accelerates, for me I take my sweet time to build up speed, but some likes to revv hard, then the amount of traffic, then the number of stops, then the condition of the road, ac, non ac drive, no of passengers in the car. I can go on and on.

But your point is correct, mix amount of traffic with ac and accelerating normally with coasting will give you around 10-14 kmpl in the city conditions. Check 2 pages back and see my posts as well.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 17:52   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
Yes, its down on power, however i-turbo engine being relatively new, is still to be tested and I have a feeling it wont be as refined as new in the long run.
Not true at all. The 1.2L turbo has been doing service in the Nexon from past 5 years plus, and there have not been any major reliability or niggles reported on the engine front. Also, considering that majority of Nexons on road today are petrol, I think it is well proven engine.
Raghuwire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 01:23   #202
BHPian

The iturbo sales numbers are leaning more towards "warm" instead of it being a "hot seller". So I was wondering why this was the case.

I feel the entry price for the turbo Altroz XT @9.1 lacs is high, considering the Magnite turbo XV is 8.7 lacs on road despite it being from a higher segment. Yes I do understand the brands are different, manufacturing costs are different, but purely in terms of value, Magnite will pull customers away. Cross-shopping is definitely prevalent in the market.

An XM Turbo variant will attract more buyers towards the Altroz. In terms of pricing, the i20 has outpriced itself. So Tata now can be bold and make the turbo more accessible to a larger base. It should work in favour of Tata.

A lower entry point will shake things up, just like the Magnite/Kiger have done in their respective segments.

Last edited by John316_WRC : 20th June 2021 at 01:27. Reason: added a point
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:49   #203
SR7
BHPian

Any information on the AT version of the Altroz? Tata missed a spot here but not offering 6 airbags and ESP on the Altroz. I hope a future version will accommodate these necessary safety features.
SR7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:15   #204
BHPian

When will Tata launch a DCT or a TC in Altroz? There's absolutely no news! :(
anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 23:59   #205
BHPian

Team,
Is buying extended warranty for Altroz recommended ? Sales executive is reminding that if one buys within 90 days, it will be cheaper.

My Altroz is 2 months old. Should I buy Extended warranty ? It's 6000 rs.
Old 19th July 2021, 00:50   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Team,
Is buying extended warranty for Altroz recommended ? Sales executive is reminding that if one buys within 90 days, it will be cheaper.

My advice, get 3 years of extended all together, if you are active on this forum and the internet you must know all about the niggles that TATA cars face throughout their life, so it's better to have as much as warranty one can have.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 01:35   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Get the maximum warranty from manufacturer in whatever way it is being sold. With the amount of electronic gadgetry being added, it's a no brainer to buy extended warranty.
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:44   #208
BHPian

For my understanding.
Insurance covers only accidents . Parts failure (Compressor , Engine etc) are NOT covered by Insurance.

Correct ? That's why Extended warranty is needed ?
Old 19th July 2021, 10:11   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

100% !!
6k isn’t much tbh . I would get it .
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 23:26   #210
BHPian

Thanks All. I took extended warranty for 3 years
manduvindupondu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks