Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 12:29   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
To anyone who is looking at iturbo variants, I suggest you to test drive the diesel too. It's just about 20k more expensive than the iturbo.

Even if you reside in metro cities, you can use the weekend to find a highway and floor the A pedal and have fun for a few km to keep DPF clogging away.

The altroz diesel is a solid 4-5 kmpl more efficient than the iturbo on the highway and about 6-7kmpl more efficient in B2B traffic.
Mate, you've put me into a conundrum of selection - i've been an ardent believer of the petrol/diesel economics - but true to fact, iTurbo XZ+ and Diesel XZ(o) don't have a whole lot of price difference. I had an approximately 22 km test drive over various types of roads and twists with the iTrubo - will do the same with Diesel and see what differences can i make out of the drive. Have never had a diesel city car - and especially this being registered in NCR will have a 10year rule - will have to rethink this or else get the car registered in Lucknow for the car's registration longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Beke View Post
That was my understanding as well: but Tata website also shows this as a mandatory feature on XZ iTurbo. There's no option available for selecting XZ(O).
Bizzare! I would still suggest that you check with multiple dealers and possibly different cities if you can to confirm this. Wierd that there is conflicting information about the variants. It quite possibly be that Tata is discontinuing the XZ on iTurbo and rebranding it XZ(o).

Another wierd thing - the Gurgaon dealer tells me that there is no Extended 3 year warranty on the iTurbo variants and confimred that same by showing me his updated 16th November price list BUT the Lucknow dealer reiterates that the Extended Warranty for iTurbo is there. I would suggest that you confirm this point too with your dealer.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd November 2021 at 13:27. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 22nd November 2021, 12:13   #227
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Checked out the iTurbo and was impressed by it. The dealer in Bangalore said it's going to take four weeks to deliver, so I may book it in December so that I can get it delivered in January and register it as a January vehicle.

A question for Bangalore folks. The KHT Motors price list shows an "Essential pack" which costs 18000. The pack is basic accessories like mat, mud flap and car covers. Have any of you removed this option before buying it and bought these things from an accessories store? If yes, any stores in Bangalore that have good quality mats and mud flaps?

I'd rather use the 18000 to get extended warranty.
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:28   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Have any of you removed this option before buying it and bought these things from an accessories store?
Of course one can opt out of 'essential' pack, unless you are able to use your negotiating superpowers and get the dealer to throw that complimentary with the booking
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:48   #229
BHPian

Tata dealers are super bullish about the Altroz and offer no discounts whatsoever. The Nexon and Altroz are their golden eggs.

I've tried a few dealers and no one is willing to budge. I guess I'll opt out of it and get some good-quality ones from an accessories shop outside.
Old 30th November 2021, 14:11   #230
BHPian

Seems like we might finally see the launch of Altroz with a proper automatic gearbox (read DCT) in the next few months. Been scanning the internet for more scoops and yesterday finally saw the news break - albeit unofficial.

Link1: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...4008/#leadform

Link2: https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...unch-28261.htm

1. The DCT box will be launched only in the top end versions i.e. XZ and XZ+ variants.
2. Only iTurbo engine to get this gearbox for now - 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine (110PS/140Nm)
3. DCT to be of wet-clutch type.

I'm in the market to get a new car for city runs and replace my mom's aging Santro with my current 5.5 year old Tiago ZX (P) with approx. 44k on the odometer and Altroz seems a good fit. Did a couple of test rides and am impressed with the iTurbo. Will ask the Lucknow and Gurgaon dealers to get more details around the launch.
Old 15th December 2021, 15:19   #231
BHPian

Booked the Altroz and receiving it sometime in early January. I'm looking to swap out the tires right from delivery.

Michelin Primacy seems like the best bet but seems to not be widely available. Also considering the Conti UC6 and MC5, while Yokohama Blue Earth and S-Drive are other options.

Any suggestions for tires with good grip and low road noise?
Old 15th December 2021, 15:35   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
Booked the Altroz and receiving it sometime in early January. I'm looking to swap out the tires right from delivery.

Michelin Primacy seems like the best bet but seems to not be widely available. Also considering the Conti UC6 and MC5, while Yokohama Blue Earth and S-Drive are other options.

Dear Brother,

As you have rightly mentioned that Michelin is the best and i too admit that Michelin should be your first priority. If you cannot get your hands on Michelin tyres, then go for either UC6 or Bridgestone Turanza as per availability and lowest price.

I too wanted to replace my old Michelin tyres which had run over 45,000 kms with new Michelin tyres but could not get them a week back, so I have opted for and purchased new set of Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres.

Yokohama would neither give your good grip nor silent drive. Yokohama tyres are hard compound which will give lot of road noise and less braking efficiency.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 15th December 2021 at 15:53. Reason: Yokohama
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 16:19   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Continental MC5 is no more on sale I think. UC6 has good grip but isn't as silent as Michelin P4ST.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 19:54   #234
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on booking the car, do get the extended warranty as well. Regarding tyres, we have very good reviews of MRF perfinza here on Tbhp. One of our members have used them on Octavia RS and gave very good reviews. So you can look at them as well.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:10   #235
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the i-Turbo.

With regards to P4ST, are you sure about non availability ? Have you checked with top dealers in Bangalore ? If not please do. My local dealer here in Kochi told me supply issues have been sorted out. Infact I managed to get a set of P4STs during lockdown time in July this year. So please do ask around before making a compromise here.

Cheers !!!
Old 16th December 2021, 07:40   #236
BHPian

I hadn't considered the Bridgestone until now. Will check out some reviews and also ask my tyre dealer if he has stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushil Pingua View Post
Dear Brother,

As you have rightly mentioned that Michelin is the best and i too admit that Michelin should be your first priority. If you cannot get your hands on Michelin tyres, then go for either UC6 or Bridgestone Turanza as per availability and lowest price.

I too wanted to replace my old Michelin tyres which had run over 45,000 kms with new Michelin tyres but could not get them a week back, so I have opted for and purchased new set of Bridgestone Turanza T001 tyres.

Yokohama would neither give your good grip nor silent drive. Yokohama tyres are hard compound which will give lot of road noise and less braking efficiency.
SavoyWalrus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 07:42   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Continental MC5 is no more on sale I think. UC6 has good grip but isn't as silent as Michelin P4ST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Congrats on the i-Turbo.

With regards to P4ST, are you sure about non availability ? Have you checked with top dealers in Bangalore ? If not please do. My local dealer here in Kochi told me supply issues have been sorted out. Infact I managed to get a set of P4STs during lockdown time in July this year. So please do ask around before making a compromise here.

Cheers !!!
The Michelins seem to be the go-to tyre. Will scout around more and try to get a good deal. Checked a few online tyre shops and most are quoting around the 9.5k range. Would that be the right price for it?

Also, how much would the stock tyres go for in exchange?
Old 16th December 2021, 07:45   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Congratulations on booking the car, do get the extended warranty as well. Regarding tyres, we have very good reviews of MRF perfinza here on Tbhp. One of our members have used them on Octavia RS and gave very good reviews. So you can look at them as well.
I'm in two minds about getting the extended warranty. The dealer is quoting 17k for an additional two years of warranty. I will most likely remap the car in the future, so the warranty may be a waste. I may use that money to get better tyres and maybe even different alloys
Old 16th December 2021, 07:59   #239
BHPian

Quote:
The Michelins seem to be the go-to tyre. Will scout around more and try to get a good deal. Checked a few online tyre shops and most are quoting around the 9.5k range. Would that be the right price for it?

Also, how much would the stock tyres go for in exchange?
For stock Goodyear Assurance Triple Max tyres I got 3.5k per piece. New Michelin P4ST came at 8k a piece but the prices did increase soon after. Not sure what is the exact rate now. Should around 9k. But it's well worth the investment.
Old 16th December 2021, 13:21   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
For stock Goodyear Assurance Triple Max tyres I got 3.5k per piece. New Michelin P4ST came at 8k a piece but the prices did increase soon after. Not sure what is the exact rate now. Should around 9k. But it's well worth the investment.
That sounds like a good deal. From what I've seen online, P4STs are around 9-9.5k. I have now narrowed my options down to the P4ST and the Conti UC6 for now. I have around two weeks or more before I take delivery so ample time to hunt down P4STs and get a good deal. Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks