Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 11:19   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Did anyone get Altroz Turbo delivery ? What is the actual waiting time ? The standard response from dealer is 8 weeks.
Old 1st March 2021, 11:41   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Did anyone get Altroz Turbo delivery ? What is the actual waiting time ? The standard response from dealer is 8 weeks.
My friend has booked a Mid Town Grey XZ variant of Altroz iTurbo. As of now the wait period is 6 weeks. I dont trust them to deliver earlier than 8 weeks.
Old 1st March 2021, 12:53   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reasons for going petrol turbo instead of diesel?

I ask because I drove it yesterday for good 20km. The performance wasn't as explosive as my ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol which makes just 100PS on paper. Worst was the rev limiter kicking in at just 5500. All this while I was waiting for the petrol turbo but now after driving it, i feel if I should go for the diesel for its midrange punch and much better FE.
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:17   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Any specific reasons for going petrol turbo instead of diesel?

I ask because I drove it yesterday for good 20km. The performance wasn't as explosive as my ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol which makes just 100PS on paper. Worst was the rev limiter kicking in at just 5500. All this while I was waiting for the petrol turbo but now after driving it, i feel if I should go for the diesel for its midrange punch and much better FE.
Hi Akshay,
Good logical points. However, my usage is less than 1000 kms per month and I calculated that I would use the differential amount between petrol engine and diesel , in buying petrol or put in FD.

I am fine with the performance of Turbo petrol as I am a sedate driver and not too keen on rock solid kick.

The highway overtaking is taken care by Sports mode. So, overall my requirements are met.
manduvindupondu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:27   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked in Bangalore in first week of March. Waiting for more than a month now. There is no sight of delivery.
Old 8th March 2021, 06:26   #156
BHPian

Any new deliveries this week ?
Old 8th March 2021, 07:39   #157
BHPian

I got my car alloted to me, before I cancelled the booking to upgrade to Harrier. So, I think the production has started and deliveries will start soon.
Old 9th March 2021, 20:45   #158
BHPian

Received a call today from my tata dealer, i had booked xz variant on 18th of February, they told me that my vehicle hasn't been billed yet but there's a booking cancellation of xz o variant(i didn't know such a variant existed in the first place) and they can allot me if i want that.

The xz o variant has a black contrast roof and nothing extra over the xz variant, regarding price difference they said they wouldn't charge me anything extra for it as our deal was made on 9.4 lakhs and there's a delay too.

I don't know what's going on, first I got a 20k discount and now i am getting a somewhat higher variant without paying anything extra, i'll be going for an inspection of the vehicle tomorrow, let's see how the car is.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 07:12   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Received a call today from my tata dealer, i had booked xz variant on 18th of February, they told me that my vehicle hasn't been billed yet but there's a booking cancellation of xz o variant(i didn't know such a variant existed in the first place) and they can allot me if i want that.

The xz o variant has a black contrast roof and nothing extra over the xz variant, regarding price difference they said they wouldn't charge me anything extra for it as our deal was made on 9.4 lakhs and there's a delay too.

I don't know what's going on, first I got a 20k discount and now i am getting a somewhat higher variant without paying anything extra, i'll be going for an inspection of the vehicle tomorrow, let's see how the car is.
Hi,
1. You might have booked Turbo XZ in grey color , which has a single tone. (Since black roof contrast can't be made clear with grey body )
2. XZ O is in other 4 colors and it has mandatory black roof contrast. The 4 colors are blue, gold, red, white . I booked Turbo XZ in blue color , so I know all this.
3. If you are in Rajasthan , black contrast WILL heat up the vehicle. I am from Hyd and am thinking of a Jugaad to reduce the heat effect of black contrast roof.

In general, Tata should have considered practicality too, instead of pure looks.

I spoke to Telangana State manager and gave him the feedback on why black contrast roof is an harebrained dumb idea in hot places.

Last edited by manduvindupondu : 10th March 2021 at 07:12. Reason: Auto correct nuisance
manduvindupondu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 18:33   #160
BHPian

Went to do a PDI today, the stockyard was on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the service center, i was given a phone number of a person responsible there but he was out of town, told me to contact someone else . The person went to look for my vehicle but he back after some time and told me that the car isn't there.

After making some calls and waiting we asked if we could look ourselves and they agreed to it. Finally after checking all the Altroz we found ours on the 2nd floor, i checked the VIN and it's a February manufactured vehicle, the keys were inside too so we started the engine, checked ac, lights, music system and other stuff too. The car had run 8 kms only and everything seems okay, now just have to make the payment.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img_20210310_152225.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 05:56   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Went to do a PDI today, the stockyard was on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the service center, i was given a phone number of a person responsible there but he was out of town, told me to contact someone else . The person went to look for my vehicle but he back after some time and told me that the car isn't there.

After making some calls and waiting we asked if we could look ourselves and they agreed to it. Finally after checking all the Altroz we found ours on the 2nd floor, i checked the VIN and it's a February manufactured vehicle, the keys were inside too so we started the engine, checked ac, lights, music system and other stuff too. The car had run 8 kms only and everything seems okay, now just have to make the payment.
Congratulations . White looks dashing. Did you think about the roof portion Jugaad as heat can be oppressive and black conducts heat.
Old 12th March 2021, 06:49   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations . White looks dashing. Did you think about the roof portion Jugaad as heat can be oppressive and black conducts heat.
I own a black Honda City and a Rapid with black color roof (Monte Carlo), I don't find any issues with any of the cars. AC will effectively cool the cabin no matter what the car color is. Or you don't use AC?
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 12:36   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I own a black Honda City and a Rapid with black color roof (Monte Carlo), I don't find any issues with any of the cars. AC will effectively cool the cabin no matter what the car color is. Or you don't use AC?
That's heartening feedback that AC will be effective even when black conducts heat. I use AC in city to avoid dust, smoke. On highways, I prefer fresh air by rolling down windows 1 - 2 inches .
Anyway , my highway rides are early mornings or late evenings.
Old 18th March 2021, 01:30   #164
BHPian

So finally received my cousin's Altroz on 15th after just waiting for 25 days, fortunately someone had cancelled their booking and we got alloted their car. Total amount paid was 9.40 lakhs on road for XZ-O variant, we had booked the XZ variant but the cancelled Altroz was XZ-O and the showroom manager offered us that without any extra cost.

They matched the online insurance cost, gave us 20k cash discount and upgraded our booking as well, I don't know how that happened, i did a PDI and everything looked fine(as i mentioned earlier as well) Moreover got free mud flaps and matting as well.

The delivery experience was just average, now i know why people complain about the showroom experience at TATA. My cousin brother was coming from 200 kms away just to take delivery of the vehicle, he had called them before leaving yet nothing was ready(we reached at 5 pm).

The paperwork was done after we reached, they don't have the mud flaps and the matting in stock, they don't have any information regarding the extended warranty yet(we had paid them for it and had told them we would be taking it)
I had to continuously go after them to make things happen, and it wasn't like the showroom was busy, we were the only folks there. No water or tea was offered, but i asked them and they did. The group which owns the showroom has multiple showroom in Jaipur.

But those were just minor inconveniences, we got the car on time, we got a very good discount, they didn't force us to get anything extra, and finally we wanted that particular car, so nothing else matters, but a little bit better experience would have been better.

Now coming to the car, I have a polo and compared to that the space inside is very good, you get good amount of leg space and three people can sit comfortably at rear. The boot space is highest in segment and is around 340 litres. The steering wheel is thick, leather wrapped, looks very stylish and is joy to use, the music system is fantastic(I'm not an audiophile)

The car looks smashing, the black contrast look really good when viewed from some place higher, it feels solid, moreover 5 star GNCAP rating gives you peace of mind(the main reason to go for Altroz) . The drive modes actually work, you can feel the difference in throttle response and power delivery in sports mode, they get sharp and responsive. The brakes feel pretty good too, they are progressive and have a sharp bite to them. There are so many features in the car, you name it and it has got it, I don't think my cousin is ever going to use them all.

This is my experience from one hour of driving and the multiple test drives that I took, now the car is with my cousin and in another city, that was a very short affair I had with her, can't wait to take her on a highway drive sometime after the running in period is over and experience her full potential, and explore all the features she has.(would have love to read the user manual too)

The extra happy person on the left is me
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img20210316wa0042.jpg  

Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img_20210315_173729.jpg  

Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img_20210315_184856.jpg  

Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-screenshot_20210315235258__01.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:47   #165
BHPian

A more detailed Autocar review of the Altroz turbo. Concerns include the lower than expected FE and the high NVH which might ruin the premium experience.

I also wonder how the new gen Tata petrol engines will age. The last gen Revotron petrol engines and the Xeta petrol which were based on the same block used to make quite a racket after 5-6 years or 55-60k. Loud enough for people to ask if the car was a diesel. The newer gen engines launched with the Tiago will soon cross be crossing that mark. Awaiting feedback on the forum about the same.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-420191

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks