Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 20:41   #2206
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it better to go with 2021 manufactured vehicle or 2022? I heard Skoda rolled back few features in 2022 manufactured model because of chip shortage like auto fold mirrors.

Dealer is also offering discount on 2021 vehicle. Are there any caveats?

Caveat will depend on which month of 2021 was the car manufactured... There was heavy monsoon in Nov-early December, chances are the car may have been in the stockyard during this time. Also, many have reported some rattling noises from the door panels. Better to take a considered view post a thorough PDI. May I know which dealer in Chennai, and which model to be precise?
Old 25th January 2022, 16:26   #2207
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Any of you owners here have faced this dashboard rattle before? If so, what was done to rectify it ?
I have exactly the same issue since day 1 of ownership. I didn’t bother to get it checked yet. It was mild and gets drowned in my loud music. Today I noticed that the rattle is louder (it was a squeak initially) and I am planning to get it checked. I tried to locate the source but I just cannot. It appears to come from the area of dashboard joining the left A pillar. This issue has bothered many owners in this forum alone.
VEA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 16:32   #2208

It is sad that we as owners have to face these issues so early into the ownership of a new car. Let me know what the Service guys diagnose it as. Here they seem to be clueless
Old 25th January 2022, 19:08   #2209
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase @askicode and the end of dilemma. I like the first picture of Kushaq, looks like your "emperor" is surrounded by the bodyguards in black - looks very grand and classy
Enjoy!
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 18:56   #2210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post

Buying Decision
I realized the top variant of Kushaq was expensive for the features it offered.
To add to it there was an offer of 4 yrs maintenance package priced at 26k for 16k and 5th and 6th extended warranty which I dont think any other manufacturer is offering. So if I put all these together Kushaq became an option too hard to resist
- Horn is mild and meek. Sounds pleasant but people hardly move or give way.
-- This car's creep function is aggressive. I would say it lurches ahead instead of creep. Its good in bumper to bumper traffic but gets a bit annoying when you are trying to park in tight spots
- This engine is eager to go unlike the creta and the seltos.
- For rear drum brakes the braking is quite good. I thought since it didnt have disc brakes at the back braking would be poor like my SX4 but I was pleasantly surprised.
Congrats Askicode! Welcome to the Kushaq club! Wishing you a lot of fun filled journeys - short and long, in it!
Agree with all your above observations and points.

I simply MUST change the horn to something more fruitier - like the Octavia's.
tunedv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 23:03   #2211

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I have exactly the same issue since day 1 of ownership. I didn’t bother to get it checked yet. It was mild and gets drowned in my loud music. Today I noticed that the rattle is louder (it was a squeak initially) and I am planning to get it checked. I tried to locate the source but I just cannot. It appears to come from the area of dashboard joining the left A pillar. This issue has bothered many owners in this forum alone.
Hello there, i am a proud owner of a 1.0 Highline MT Taigun. While I love the driving dynamics, i have just started to hear a rattling sound coming from A pillar of driver's side. It comes right from the edge where dashboard meets the right pillar. Placing a finger between them ceases to stop it. I will get it checked sometime soon.
Old 27th January 2022, 12:12   #2212
BHPian

Are the EPC issues really resolved for good? As per the following article, it seems a couple of fresh cases have come to light:

https://www.carblogindia.com/skoda-k...new-fuel-pump/
Old 27th January 2022, 20:00   #2213
BHPian

Can someone please clarify how much it costs to replace Ambition alloys with style alloys and tyres?

Guru Dev motors chennai quoting 54,000 for alloys and 48000 for tyres. It's quite expensive.
Old 27th January 2022, 21:22   #2214
Senior - BHPian

If it is 17 inch alloys and set of 4 it’s not that expensive. Even mid end alloys like Momo, Lenso etc will cost in that range for 17 inchers
Old 27th January 2022, 22:18   #2215
BHPian

I was out with my dad today and had a bit of time during the lunch hour, both being the petrolheads of our family, we decided to visit the Skoda Showroom. We drove the manual 1.0 tsi Style variant of Kushaq.

Following are the observations from an existing Skoda Rapid DSG owner with 47k kms on the odo-

• Build quality is good, door thud is comparable to Rapid, maybe 90% of it
  • Exterior fit and finish is good, even panel gaps
  • Paint quality is good, looks lovely in carbon steel shade
  • Rear seat space and under-thigh support makes up for a nice place to be in
  • Ergonomics falls in place very well and for an existing vag owner it's easy to get comfortable in the first few seconds
  • 1.0 tsi is seriously an impressive engine, pull on offer is much better than those 1.5 NA engines
  • NVH from 1.0 tsi is well controlled
  • Brakes are better than Seltos despite being Disc-drum setup and also better than my Rapid
  • Ride quality is comfortable
  • For a tall crossover, the dynamics are commendable and turn-in is quite sharp.
  • Body roll is very well controlled
  • Practical cabin and can be a good highway cruiser
  • Achilles heel of Rapid is addressed- Headlights

Dislikes:
  • Doesn't feels like a significant upgrade from Rapid
  • Road noise is on the higher side when compared to Rapid, I could hear the road surface a lot more than the Rapid or maybe it is the Michelin effects as the TD vehicle wore Goodyear (Suspension was silent though)
  • Plastic quality could have been better, atleast for top of the line 20L variant
  • Headliner reminded me of my Maruti days, Rapid in comparison has much better headliner
  • Infotainment is much more advance than the 340G plus but the screen is reflective type, Rapid has a matt dark screen
  • Interior scheme could have been better, feels too dull (Slavia's interior scheme should trickle down to Kushaq too)
  • I missed physical buttons for AC, why does everything has to go the touch way in modern cars?

Again, it was a wonderful experience here at Skoda Raipur, sales manager Mr Praveen is really a nice chap and it's always interesting discussing cars with him, he owns Rapid too.

After the test drive of Kushaq, while returning, me and dad were discussing our experience and we both agreed that we are sedan persons (FYI as a daily driver my dad drives a Tata Sumo) and the only logical upgrade for us would be an Octavia in Black

The only picture I managed to click today-
Skoda Kushaq Review-snapchat1133209096.jpg

Last edited by sachin_cs : 27th January 2022 at 22:26.
sachin_cs is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 09:37   #2216
BHPian

Need some urgent advice here. I went for a PDI yesterday for a 1.0 TC Style, Candy White. It's a December manufactured vehicle and done 25 km as per the odo.

While the rest of the PDI went off fine, had a couple of concerns.

1. The general fit and the quality of plastic is an unfortunate result of the 95% localisation, we all know. But the consistency in the fit is very unlike Skoda/VAG. Here's what I found in one of the door beading. It closes well, the thud etc. but looks hideous, especially when zoomed in. They have said they will fix the alignment, which should be possible, i suppose.

2. While doing the engine bay inspection, found these stains. Because i zoomed in, it may look like rust but it isn't. When i felt it, felt like grease or a lubricant residue that had almost dried up. Maybe it stands out because it's a white car. But is this normal? They said it isn't leakage and could be cleaned.

I would greatly appreciate some thoughts/advice on this as i need to confirm the booking today itself. With not enough 2021 stock available, the dealer is also pressing for a Yes or a No.

I like the vehicle overall, is a December model and but for these 2 points, works for me. Helps avoid the price hike and the new model with the dropped auto folding ORVM feature etc.

Of course, i haven't driven it. Would that be advisable? The vehicle has been in the showroom for the last month or so.

Looking for some urgent inputs on this please.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220127_182516.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220127_181135.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220127_181125.jpg  

Last edited by RPM1706 : 28th January 2022 at 09:49. Reason: Added more matter
RPM1706 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:15   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post

2. While doing the engine bay inspection, found these stains. Because i zoomed in, it may look like rust but it isn't. When i felt it, felt like grease or a lubricant residue that had almost dried up. Maybe it stands out because it's a white car. But is this normal? They said it isn't leakage and could be cleaned.

I
That's just wax which is used to fill in all the cavities of the car to prevent rust formation. There are many places where water gets easily trapped in and with time might form rust, so after painting process manufacturers fill these gaps with wax, if you were to check the underbody of your car, you would find it in many places.

I'm not able to understand the second pic, but compare it other cars which are parked around and see what's wrong with it, you can ask them to swap that part before the delivery.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 14:22   #2218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
That's just wax which is used to fill in all the cavities of the car to prevent rust formation. There are many places where water gets easily trapped in and with time might form rust, so after painting process manufacturers fill these gaps with wax, if you were to check the underbody of your car, you would find it in many places.

I'm not able to understand the second pic, but compare it other cars which are parked around and see what's wrong with it, you can ask them to swap that part before the delivery.
Thanks, understood your point about the use of wax in the engine bay area.

As for the second image, it's shot close-up, so i admit it's difficult to understand. It's the door beading and it's clear the alignment is off. Like you said, i inspected other cars and found inconsistencies in most. Guess VAG needs to really take QC on these 95% localised vehicles seriously.
Old 28th January 2022, 14:23   #2219
BHPian

URGENT!

I just booked Ambition AT 1L. I asked for PDI before full payment, he asked I can do PDI but he can't guarantee that the particular piece will be for me. (That's weird?)

He said to do full payment then the allotted vehicle will be ready for me and then I can do PDI and then the vehicle will go for registration. Is this the process?
Old 28th January 2022, 14:36   #2220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
URGENT!

I just booked Ambition AT 1L. I asked for PDI before full payment, he asked I can do PDI but he can't guarantee that the particular piece will be for me. (That's weird?)

He said to do full payment then the allotted vehicle will be ready for me and then I can do PDI and then the vehicle will go for registration. Is this the process?
Full payment is only made once the car is allotted. Never before. Be careful with these dealers.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks