Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 20:03   #2161
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
Thanks. Checking out the Taigun tomorrow before I finalise. Garve gave a very cold response.
I have been in touch with both. Neither entertained me on the phone, until I visited both - Akoya Baner and Garve Bhandarkar Road. Garve straight away was ready for 1L discount in the first visit itself, so I feel there's further room for negotiations. Akoya wasn't ready for even 1L.

Last I checked VW Pune was not giving a single rupee discount on Taigun even though they have quite a stock of 2021. Do keep us posted
Old 19th January 2022, 20:34   #2162
BHPian

Is it true that Taigun has not been facing the niggles reported for kushaq?
Old 19th January 2022, 23:14   #2163
BHPian

I have this query that i would like to get some advice on.

I too am looking to get a 2021 batch Kushaq and the dealer in my hometown has a December 1.0 Style AT..

I find that it's standing in the showroom as a display car for the last couple of weeks. The Odometer tells me it's never ran as a TD car and the salesman tells me it's one of the last 3-4 cars from 2021, all of which stand as display cars (other variants).

Is this normal practice to have unsold cars to be parked in the showroom or should they be in the yard? Of course, the fact that they are not standing in the yard getting baked in the sun is reassuring. But display cars would get inspected and handled by shoppers. Is that something to be concerned about?

As the times are such that the chip shortage means the new batch will take time coming, a price increase has been announced and then there's also the feature dropping in the 2022 Kushaq, i would very much like to go for this December model.

Will greatly appreciate some inputs on this. Thanks...
Old 20th January 2022, 01:05   #2164

Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition MT Review

My first post in TeamBHP though have been around for more than 10 years now.
Frist of all let me thank everyone for helping me in this decsion process

The selection process

I sold my 5 year old Ecosport (Diesel) in Sep 2021 as the company lease just got over by then. Was looking at an upgrade in the 15L price range.

Options considered:
XUV 700 - I was one of the first 25k people who booked it in the first hour of booking. I dont really need that big a car, but the launch pricing made me greedy for it, but finally estimated Delivery date in Jul 2022 drove me away from it.
Creta/Seltos - Somehow I am not a big fan of the Koreans. I know they offer the best VFM and feature set, but still...
Taigun - For my budget, I have to go for the 1.0 TSI here. Initially I was worried whether this will be an underpowered car. But on taking a test drive it felt better than Creta's 1.5 NA in both dynamics and power.

The Kushaq Twist !!
So I made my mind for Taigun and was waiting for the delivery of the Highline variant. But there was something I felt missing in Taigun - the looks. Both Kushaq/Taigun are little bit smaller than Creta/Seltos in all dimensions. But both Koreans have a good road presence. After making my mind for Taigun, I started observing Taiguns and Kushaqs on the road. Most of the time Taigun felt more car-ish than an SUV. Mainly the front looks, which makes it look like a bigger Polo. The backside too though youthful with full LED strip, didn't appeal me much (Sorry all current and future owners of Taigun, no offense meant - just my taste). But with the exact same dimensions and most parts shared, Kushaq looked bigger and more masculine - mainly with the typical Skoda grill. It looks like a smaller Karoq or so. Back side also is more classy than Taigun. Though not as butchy as the Koreans, Kushaq seemed good to me. And while I was undergoing this great confusion between Taigun and Kushaq, Skoda dealer (EVM Kochi) came up with an irresistible offer for me - a discount of 50K+15K (Corporate) plus some discounts on Insurance. So I went through a heated up set of discussions with my family, called up my friends - some who are skoda owners and others who are auto experts. Finally made the decision to go for Kushaq and an Ambition MT 1.0 was available in Carbon Steel immediately.

My Quick Review
So after the usual wait time for registration and some painting/dechroming/coating work, I got delivery of the Kushaq last Friday. On the next day made a weekend trip to Kanthalloor. My current review is fully based on that. ODO is at 400 KM after the trip.
Coming from Ecosport I was kind of spoilt with its dynamics and ride quality. Luckily Kushaq feels like a worthy upgrade with similar qualities and in terms of comfort and rolling a much better car. It really feels very stable and rooted to the road. Things like braking and cornering are really good too. I am also happy with the features that I get as part of Ambition trim. The nice display and audio, ambient light, projector HL etc. I even liked the MID with the way it displays gear status and recommendations on gear up/down, song details, call details etc. The two spoke steering simply feels superb. Wireless Android auto worked fine too.

Small Niggles:
- Yes the ORVMs are small. it should have been longer or more square-ish.
- AC Temp and Fan controls looks fancy with the touch controls. But practically not so great. You can't accurately control it without spending at least 10 secs of looking at it. So better off with one time temp setting and putting it on Auto rather than trying to adjust fan, air suction etc. on the go
- Jio Dongle says provisioned, but shows error saying device not connected. Hence wasnt able to use the connectivity feature. Need to take it to Skoda once and probably needs a re-insertion of device

Overall
Very Happy!!! Need to try some more road trips to evaluate, but overall looks like a nice upgrade. Old Skoda owners might call it only 75% Skoda due to localization. But still better than many other cars in the price range, I would say, in terms of both build and ride quality.

FE shows 12.3 after the Kanthalloor trip. 5.5 hours one side and half of it high range. Yet to check with full tank method. So expecting some 10-11 in city and 14-15 on highways which is pretty much OK. Overtaking in 3rd gear is fun. Accelerating more in 2nd and 3rd gear produces some good amount of sound thanks to 3 Cyl and no sealing of hood. But it is not disturbing and in fact a sporty vrooom sound.

Now some pics of my 'Graphene Dark Edition' Kushaq

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4934.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4939.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_49832.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_49862.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4979.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4976.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4970.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-anj_4932.jpg
njaustin123 is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 02:50   #2165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it true that Taigun has not been facing the niggles reported for kushaq?
Most of the Kushaq facing issues are the ones from the initial batches which have been resolved going forward. Since the taigun was launched later, these niggles seem to have been sorted by then.
I expect them both to be on par since they're mechanically near identical if not identical.

If you get a better deal on kushaq, and if the service center near you is better as compared to VW, it could be a better buy unless the looks inside-out of the taigun appeal to you that much more.
lamborghini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 17:52   #2166
BHPian

Guys I need some quick advice. Having been sold the Seltos after the poor crash rating, I have been in a dilemma to buy a new car. I have test driven everything from Kiger , kicks, kushaq, taigun, Seltos (after rumours of upgraded suspension), creta, harrier, safari and innova. Simply put, after crossing the barrier of 20 lakhs there is no better car than the innova. The test drive innova had 45000 kms on it and felt like new. Whereas the safari although better in most aspects than innova had lot of small Niggles in the test drive car which had run only 7000kms. I always wanted to buy the creta before the Seltos and somehow the heart says it will turn out better in build than the Seltos. So my best three options are
1. Kushaq ambition at.
2. Creta SX o diesel at.
3. Innova GX AT
4. Wait for Kia carens.

I am getting a good deal on the 2021 kushaq. But the test drive was not up to the mark with rattles in the cabin. Kushaq will be an outright purchase while all other s will be on loan so the difference of petrol vs diesel won’t matter with the interest on car loan. Need help here. Thank you.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 18:21   #2167
BHPian

I am seriously contemplating the Kushaq 1.5 TSI DSG. I have test driven it and liked the handling and the ease/ mannerism this car has. Coming from Ecosport Diesel 1.5 (2013), I have been happy with this 1.5TSI DSG pretty much.

Though there are some factors I am still considering:
1. 1.5 DSG - 20L+ touches the territory of Harrier (another favorite for me but diesel rule in Delhi puts it on the backseat)
2. Current vague things happening with VAG group like feature removal - OVRM
3. Skoda after sales service post 4-5yrs. I have heard they are notoriously famous for that.

Personally, no car seems to be VFM at this point of time, but have to change my 2013 model else next year it will go for scrap value :(
Mickey1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:41   #2168
BHPian

Quote:
I have test driven everything from Kiger , kicks, kushaq, taigun, Seltos (after rumours of upgraded suspension), creta, harrier, safari and innova. Simply put, after crossing the barrier of 20 lakhs there is no better car than the innova. The test drive innova had 45000 kms on it and felt like new. Whereas the safari although better in most aspects than innova had lot of small Niggles in the test drive car which had run only 7000kms. I always wanted to buy the creta before the Seltos and somehow the heart says it will turn out better in build than the Seltos. So my best three options are
1. Kushaq ambition at.
2. Creta SX o diesel at.
3. Innova GX AT
4. Wait for Kia carens.
All your options are of different segments for different purposes.
Your choice of car should follow this order - Needs, want, Optionals.

There are pros and cons to all your options. What suits you best purely depends on what you want and of course the weight on your wallet.
Why do you say Innova is the best car above 20 Lakhs? And what are your needs/wants/options?
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:34   #2169
BHPian

It's quite heartening to see no more reports on the Kushaqs initial flaw, that was the topic of all Kushaq threads, anywhere on the internet. It seems the problem has really been solved once and for all. They deserve a pat on the back, for actually resolving a flaw and not shying away from it orn trying to suppress the issue by smart "official statements"
Old 20th January 2022, 22:07   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
All your options are of different segments for different purposes.
Your choice of car should follow this order - Needs, want, Optionals.

There are pros and cons to all your options. What suits you best purely depends on what you want and of course the weight on your wallet.
Why do you say Innova is the best car above 20 Lakhs? And what are your needs/wants/options?
Family of 4. Two adults and 2 kids with occasional drive out station once in 6 months. Mostly city use. And I say innova is because of the way it ages. It might not be as good as competition when leaving the showroom floor but 50k kms down the line it begins to shine with fuss free ownership.
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 08:26   #2171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Is this normal practice to have unsold cars to be parked in the showroom or should they be in the yard? Display cars would get inspected and handled by shoppers. Is that something to be concerned about?
Just bumping up this question i had posted. Need someone to kindly advise on this situation urgently as i need to decide on this.

Am being offered a 2021 December batch Kushaq that has been standing in the showroom as a display car for the last couple of weeks. The Odometer reading is low (so not used for TDs, hopefully!) and the salesman tells me it's one of the last 3-4 cars from 2021 that they have, all of which stand as display cars (other variants).

Will greatly help to get some inputs on this. Thanks!
Old 21st January 2022, 08:32   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek.ckt View Post
Any idea how to customise the permanently on 12V power point in Kushaq? Recently I attached a dash cam to it and discovered that it never turns off.
I think the best way to avoid this from happening would be to simply hardwire it and plug it into a fuse which starts powering only once the ignition is turned on. Many BHPians in the forum have already done this and have posted them also. Please go through those threads.
akash_v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 09:22   #2173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Just bumping up this question i had posted. Need someone to kindly advise on this situation urgently as i need to decide on this.

Am being offered a 2021 December batch Kushaq that has been standing in the showroom as a display car for the last couple of weeks. The Odometer reading is low (so not used for TDs, hopefully!) and the salesman tells me it's one of the last 3-4 cars from 2021 that they have, all of which stand as display cars (other variants).

Will greatly help to get some inputs on this. Thanks!
With the chip shortage and long waiting periods, this practice is becoming even more common than before - i.e. not having exclusive display / demo cars for showrooms rather circulating delivery cars for display every few weeks. I've seen the same practice being followed here in Pune at least at Skoda and Kia. They do not have 2022 stock yet, so they're keeping the last few of 2021 stock on display. You must look for scratches and swirl marks (especially on dark colors) before accepting such cars. However, I wouldn't call such cars "abused".

IMHO it is not a bad idea to go for a display 2021 Kushaq if a good discount is offered and the interiors / exteriors check out fine - no scratches, swirl marks, soiled seats, etc.
morphique is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 12:02   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Family of 4. Two adults and 2 kids with occasional drive out station once in 6 months. Mostly city use. And I say innova is because of the way it ages. It might not be as good as competition when leaving the showroom floor but 50k kms down the line it begins to shine with fuss free ownership.
Since you did not specify your average monthly driving and since your usage is 90% in the city, I assume that it should not be more than 1000-1200kms per month including your twice a year outstation trips.

So given your requirements, hands down it is Creta petrol. If your monthly driving is more than 1300-1400 kms, it is Creta Diesel.

Why Creta instead of Innova?
1. Well, it is true that Innova is the most reliable of your choices and ages well like nothing else. But Creta petrol/diesel is no less in terms of reliability. Creta, even if not better, ages equally well compared to Innova.
2. Again for your requirements, I don't see the need to go for a 7-8 seater unless I am missing something here.
3. Creta is more "value for money" than Innova for your requirements. Creta is loaded with all features to the brim. Innova scores poorly in the feature list.
4. Since you drive more in the city, the fuel cost will be heavy for Innova being the heavier car, bigger engine, and bigger car.
5. Of course, the initial investment is at least 20% higher for Innova compared to Creta which again doesn't make sense for your requirement.

There is nothing against Innova as such. It's just that it is not the right fit for you.

Regarding Kushaq, it is still in its beta phase only. It is again not a true german. Rapid, Polo, Vento are better Skoda's/VW's than Kushaq & Taigun. And of course, I am not convinced about the recent feature deletions for a 20L car. And Hyundai/Kia is always more reliable than a Skoda/VW.

Regarding Carens, it depends on your timeline. Again, there will be initial niggles as always in all the new launches. So Creta and Innova the sorted and settled cars in your list.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 14:30   #2175
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by njaustin123 View Post
Overall
Very Happy!!! Need to try some more road trips to evaluate, but overall looks like a nice upgrade. Old Skoda owners might call it only 75% Skoda due to localization. But still better than many other cars in the price range, I would say, in terms of both build and ride quality.
Congrats Austin for the new car and the awesome first post here. The external mods are really tasteful. Wish you many more wonderful kilometers with the Kushaq.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed