Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 09:36   #2146
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Can the folks in Kolkata confirm if they have been able to get the BH registration so far?
Old 18th January 2022, 13:24   #2147
BHPian

Hi

Planning to purchase a Sep'21 manufactured Ambition AT. SA tells me that dashboard /door rattles and beading issues were present in Pre Aug'21 batches and have been resolved since then.
Can anyone please confirm if this is so? Thanks in advance
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:19   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Hi

Planning to purchase a Sep'21 manufactured Ambition AT. SA tells me that dashboard /door rattles and beading issues were present in Pre Aug'21 batches and have been resolved since then.
Don't fall for that. Mine is an October manufactured Style variant and I've got all of the issues you've mentioned. Try to get the latest batch as far as possible.
rideon74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 14:52   #2149

Hey everyone,

My friend booked a Skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition from Malayalam Skoda in Ettumanoor, Kottayam in late December 2021.
He received a call in early January asking if he would be willing to take delivery of a car for which the person who booked it initially had some problem with arranging finances. The car was in Trivandrum and would be driven up to Kottayam by an official Skoda driver (~165km). He had expressed some reluctance to that and decided to stick with the original order that they had placed.
My friend got a call today informing him that the car he had ordered has now arrived but it is in Trivandrum and the sales agent is saying it will need to be driven up from Trivandrum to Kottayam(?!). The sales agent also went on to say that this is standard procedure as Skoda has a rule which means that cars can only be unloaded at their ‘Head office’, which is in Trivandrum.

Does anyone here have any experience with this dealer? Is this really standard procedure for Skoda?
Old 18th January 2022, 15:26   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

It is not true. I got a November manufactured vehicle and even though it doesn't have this rattling noise on plain roads, it is audible when travelling on uneven roads. Overall I feel the roof liner and the AC vents have improved compared to what was seen in the initial batches but the beading issue is still there. I did not get it changed yet as I don't have any issues on normal roads.
Better get a December vehicle if possible and try to get the beadings changed before delivery.
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 19:24   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

The first thing I noticed was your location and bingo, NCR. I have seen the same game at multiple outlets in NCR - be it Delhi or Gurugram. Pick the latest batch irrespective of what candies sales folks are offering.

Last edited by headbanger : 18th January 2022 at 19:25.
Old 18th January 2022, 19:34   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjt96 View Post
Hey everyone,

My friend booked a Skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition from Malayalam Skoda in Ettumanoor, Kottayam in late December 2021.
He received a call in early January asking if he would be willing to take delivery of a car for which the person who booked it initially had some problem with arranging finances. The car was in Trivandrum and would be driven up to Kottayam by an official Skoda driver (~165km). He had expressed some reluctance to that and decided to stick with the original order that they had placed.
My friend got a call today informing him that the car he had ordered has now arrived but it is in Trivandrum and the sales agent is saying it will need to be driven up from Trivandrum to Kottayam(?!). The sales agent also went on to say that this is standard procedure as Skoda has a rule which means that cars can only be unloaded at their ‘Head office’, which is in Trivandrum.

Does anyone here have any experience with this dealer? Is this really standard procedure for Skoda?
Obviously, it looks that they are taking your friend for a ride. Don't fall for this.

Generally a truck will deliver all the cars to the dealer in his city. Just go to the dealer and ask him to show all cars ready for delivery showing more than 165 km on the odo.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:01   #2153
Senior - BHPian

Stopped the car to take the image. Completed 5000 problem free kilometres on the odo today.

Have been consistently getting 17.5 to 18.5 kpl. I calculate using the tank to tank method. In a tank full, the trip meter always cross 900 kms.

Also, has anyone installed Sygic? If yes, how to tell the navigation lady to shut up? There is an option in the Android phone app, but couldn't find any on the car's app.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220118_174955242_hdr.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 14:41   #2154

Any idea how to customise the permanently on 12V power point in Kushaq? Recently I attached a dash cam to it and discovered that it never turns off, I had assumed that 12V power point turns off when when we take the keys out like my old Vento. Though this is a good feature for a dash cam from security point of view but it is unnecessarily draining the battery when not driving.
Old 19th January 2022, 15:54   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek.ckt View Post
Any idea how to customise the permanently on 12V power point in Kushaq? Recently I attached a dash cam to it and discovered that it never turns off, I had assumed that 12V power point turns off when when we take the keys out like my old Vento. Though this is a good feature for a dash cam from security point of view but it is unnecessarily draining the battery when not driving.
Most likely the dashcam was working using its inbuilt battery and not using the car's 12V socket. I know 70mai has an inbuilt battery.
Old 19th January 2022, 16:30   #2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Most likely the dashcam was working using its inbuilt battery and not using the car's 12V socket. I know 70mai has an inbuilt battery.
My dashcam doesn't have long backup. I checked light of its charger glows even with keys out and car locked that's why the concern.
Old 19th January 2022, 18:54   #2157
BHPian

I am getting around 1 lakh discount on the 2021 models. Insurance has to be taken from the dealer. The offers for 2022 are not out yet. Considering a corporate discount of 10000 and around 25k savings on insurance on the 2022 models I can save around 35-40k on the newer model. However it’s confirmed that the 2022 models will miss on auto folding ovrms. Does it make sense to go for the 2021 models? I won’t get my colour of choice either in 2021 models. Only white red and orange. Had my heart set on either silver or carbon steel. The variant in question here is ambition at.

Last edited by Sagar.Agarwal : 19th January 2022 at 18:55.
Old 19th January 2022, 19:32   #2158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
I am getting around 1 lakh discount on the 2021 models. Insurance has to be taken from the dealer. Does it make sense to go for the 2021 models? I won’t get my colour of choice either in 2021 models. Only white red and orange. Had my heart set on either silver or carbon steel. The variant in question here is ambition at.
I do think it makes sense to go with the 2021 model - You get discount plus foldable ORVM. Niggles you can get fixed by them. Have you checked with both Akoya and Garve? They had the Gray in Ambition AT until a week back.
morphique is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:45   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
I do think it makes sense to go with the 2021 model - You get discount plus foldable ORVM. Niggles you can get fixed by them. Have you checked with both Akoya and Garve? They had the Gray in Ambition AT until a week back.
Thanks. Checking out the Taigun tomorrow before I finalise. Apparently the Taiguns haven’t had as many issues as the kushaq. As for the 2021 stock, Garve gave a very cold response. They didn’t even bother to not down my details and never called back for my test drive request. Akoya was Swift to arrange a test drive of both the 1.0 and 1.5 engines. Only red, white and orange remaining in 2021 stock.
Old 19th January 2022, 19:46   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek.ckt View Post
Any idea how to customise the permanently on 12V power point in Kushaq?
You can use USB type c port, that get turn off on powering off the car. I use the same, if u don't have type c in ur car, u will need to hard wire the dashcam.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks