Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 11:12   #2041
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Anyone seeing this error in the My Skoda Connect app?
Been a few days since I took delivery, but haven't managed to go beyond this screen.
This may not be super helpful, but in my case I could automatically log in after the first few days post delivery.
Dealer mentioned that they had to do something in the back end. Didn’t probe too much as it was working in a couple of days.
Old 24th December 2021, 11:55   #2042
BHPian

I have been hearing noises from the door beading every time the car goes over uneven or bad roads. This has been happening since my car delivery. Hence took it to Guindy service centre. They had actually made some adjustments to the beading post which the sound has completely disappeared. Now the cabin is super quiet.

Completed 2000 KMs. Below are few observations.

- it's a definite looker. Have had people smiling and checking out the car.
- Oodles of space at the back. Very comfortable seats as well.
- Build quality is superb. No rattles whatsoever.
- outstanding handling and ride quality. Highway stability is superb. It is never unsettling.
- that 1.5 pulls like a loco. Never experienced shortage of power or torque at any point in time.
- AC is quite good. Chills the cabin in no time
- Service response is good and proactive here in Chennai. Excellent follow up as well.
- quite efficient with fuel consumption as well. Coupled with that 50 litres tank it aids in touring.
- boot is designed very well to hold full family luggage.
- 120 kmph comes at 2500 rpm feels very relaxed. Masks speed very well.

Now for negatives:

- Width is narrow. So it is really a comfortable 4-seater.
- noisy power windows and ORVM operation.
- 2nd gear is bit shorter. So have to move quickly to 3rd gear for ambling around in city.
- Have to keep the rpm above 1300 for comfortable driving. Below that there is a pronounced lag.
- the reverse camera quality could have been better.
- I have to take my eyes of the road to adjust AC and touchscreen settings. No buttons on steering to pick and cut calls as well. Not cool at all.
- suspension is on the harder side. It literally crashes in potholes. Very uncomfortable.

Overall a great package. I have no regrets spending top rupees on it. Just loving every minute of my drive.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 24th December 2021 at 12:07.
arunramaswamy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 13:46   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I have to take my eyes of the road to adjust AC and touchscreen settings. No buttons on steering to pick and cut calls as well. Not cool at all.
- suspension is on the harder side. It literally crashes in potholes. Very uncomfortable.

Overall a great package. I have no regrets spending top rupees on it. Just loving every minute of my drive.
2000 already, nice!
How's the mileage has been for you so far?

Btw, push the right scroller to pick and cancel incoming calls.

Regarding suspension, I believe that's one down side of the 17" rim/lower sidewall tyre setup. But it's still nicely balanced in my opinion, just that we need to understand the potholes that Kushaq can tackle, and approach it at the right speeds.

I upgraded the tyres to UC6 215/55, it definitely helps a bit, and the ride is slightly more cushier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajiisworking View Post
This may not be super helpful, but in my case I could automatically log in after the first few days post delivery.
Dealer mentioned that they had to do something in the back end. Didn’t probe too much as it was working in a couple of days.
Thanks! Yeah I was going for that too, waited a week already, but no change. So, I'm now following up with my RM, let's see.

Last edited by ridehard : 24th December 2021 at 13:48.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 15:34   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
2000 already, nice!
How's the mileage has been for you so far?

Btw, push the right scroller to pick and cancel incoming calls.

Regarding suspension, I believe that's one down side of the 17" rim/lower sidewall tyre setup. But it's still nicely balanced in my opinion, just that we need to understand the potholes that Kushaq can tackle, and approach it at the right speeds.

I upgraded the tyres to UC6 215/55, it definitely helps a bit, and the ride is slightly more cushier.
Thanks mate for the tip. It's definitely the 17'' rim. Right now can't really upgrade so will probably do it after 20K.

Regarding mileage, you can get anywhere between 16 and 19 in the highway and around 13 kmpl in free flowing city traffic.
Old 25th December 2021, 11:18   #2045
BHPian

Handling and ride rarely go together. You need the side walls to be deeper for that comfy ride but handling demands wider tyres. I genuinely feel Skoda did manage to get the balance spot on, with respect to the suspension setup and wheel sizing.

Probably the only reason I might change the tyres is if I want to impact mileage, Michelin has those low rolling resistance tyres.
Old 25th December 2021, 15:54   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Managed to get 18.33 kpl out of my Kushaq 1.0 AT.

No AC.

This was 80% expressway (Noida - Greater Noida) and 20% city.

At expressway I generally keep the RPMs between 1500-2000 and set the speed mostly at 80kph.
Another tank refill for my 1.0 AT. Got 17.6 kpl this time, thanks to the turbo filled fun driving sessions

Total Kms covered: 913 kms
Total number of litres poured in: 51.8 ltrs
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 21:17   #2047
VEA
BHPian

Any update on the silent rear wheel bearing recall? Has anyone got theirs replaced recently? Why is it being recalled?
Old 26th December 2021, 11:37   #2048
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys. Can anyone describe the difference between the performance of petrol 1.5NA of Creta and 1.0Tsi of Kushaq? Many of you might have driven both the car's in succession so might be in a better position to describe. I drove the Kushaq 1.0Tsi for a few kms with 5 on board and felt that though the engine sometimes didn't respond to throttle inputs during low rpm operation, it did had a torque surge equivalent to the 1.3 Fiat diesel. With the Creta, I didn't experience any burst of torque but the power buildup was gradual and adequate. Only issue is that we were only 2 aboard when while driving the Creta so. Any insights into the comparitive performance under similar loading conditions between these two would be appreciated.
Old 26th December 2021, 20:14   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
I have been hearing noises from the door beading every time the car goes over uneven or bad roads. This has been happening since my car delivery. Hence took it to Guindy service centre. They had actually made some adjustments to the beading post which the sound has completely disappeared. Now the cabin is super quiet.
Hello Arun

How long did you have to wait to complete the work on the door noise? I am going to the same place on Tuesday and just curious on how much time I must plan on being there.
Old 26th December 2021, 20:34   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Arun

How long did you have to wait to complete the work on the door noise? I am going to the same place on Tuesday and just curious on how much time I must plan on being there.
I waited for around 15 to 20 min for the job to complete. Should not take long buddy.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 00:51   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello guys. Can anyone describe the difference between the performance of petrol 1.5NA of Creta and 1.0Tsi of Kushaq? Many of you might have driven both the car's in succession so might be in a better position to describe. I drove the Kushaq 1.0Tsi for a few kms with 5 on board and felt that though the engine sometimes didn't respond to throttle inputs during low rpm operation, it did had a torque surge equivalent to the 1.3 Fiat diesel. With the Creta, I didn't experience any burst of torque but the power buildup was gradual and adequate. Only issue is that we were only 2 aboard when while driving the Creta so. Any insights into the comparitive performance under similar loading conditions between these two would be appreciated.
I had a chance to drive the Seltos 1.5 iMT, Kushaq 1.0 and 1.5 back to back.
It was a breeze to drive the Seltos in the city, slightly better driveability than the Kush 1.0, and the iMT was super convenient.

When it comes to acceleration, Kushaq was way ahead, but the Seltos 1.5 is no slouch either, it was sufficient for city use.

And ofcourse the Seltos was more refined, and considerably less noisier. The Kushaq 1.0 roars when you push it, it's more a of a love it or hate it kinda thing. I personally loved it!

Mileage wise, Seltos returned around 12.5kmpl, and Kushaq around 11kmpl, for the 8km test drive. (Please note, I pushed the Kushaq harder)

And all of these tests were done with a driver and a front seat passenger. So, the experience may vary based on load.

It all comes done to what you need out of the engine, if it's pure family usage, and you aren't that enthusiastic a driver, the Seltos 1.5 NA would be a good fit! Need anything more, get the TSi.
ridehard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 13:32   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
I waited for around 15 to 20 min for the job to complete. Should not take long buddy.
FWIW, I have made an appointment for tomorrow. I just called the service advisor on a whim and have just learned that I have to leave the car overnight with them as some paste or lubricant has to dry out over 7 hours minimum. I don’t know why there is a difference in your and my case. Perhaps we have different problems to begin with? I can update once I hear from them tomorrow.
balajiisworking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 22:27   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
FWIW, I have made an appointment for tomorrow. I just called the service advisor on a whim and have just learned that I have to leave the car overnight with them as some paste or lubricant has to dry out over 7 hours minimum. I don’t know why there is a difference in your and my case. Perhaps we have different problems to begin with? I can update once I hear from them tomorrow.
That's the same time frame I was informed at Coimbatore as well. It actually works out as leaving the car at the SVC for a whole day.

When I'd mentioned that there's an option given by Skoda for a complete replacement of the door beadings, SVC manager said that the circular from Skoda advises upon an attempt at softening the beadings first.

If the noise persists after this procedure, they'll replace the beadings under warranty.

After reading Ram G. Kulkarni's post on getting a minor coding done to get rid of the speed warning at 80kmph & the continuous ones past 120kmph, I got in touch with him to get the same done.

Besides the removal of the speed warnings, there were a couple of other options to choose from as well:

- Improve torque vectoring with XDS
- Improve steering feel with dynamic mode
- Increase lane change clicks to 5 times
- Improve brake assist
- Enable door lock/ unlock confirmation sound

It costed 6k, was done remotely and took less than 20 minutes. Things have worked out satisfactorily since. Only the brake assist & the door lock/unlock confirmation sound options didn't get activated. These were not of great consequence.

Since I've posted a detailed write-up about the coding job done and the observations on my ownership thread, I'll leave a link to it here for those who might be interested in further details:

Beeps, dings & XDS | A minor coding job

I'd recommend a personal research into how XDS works before anyone opts for it. In my case, I felt the the same was worth adding.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th December 2021 at 09:15. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 06:59   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
That's the same time frame I was informed at Coimbatore as well. It actually works out as leaving the car at the SVC for a whole day.

When I'd mentioned that there's an option given by Skoda for a complete replacement of the door beadings, SVC manager said that the circular from Skoda advises upon an attempt at softening the beadings first.

If the noise persists after this procedure, they'll replace the beadings under warranty.
Turns out that I am unable to go today to the SVC. Have decided that I will do that along with the 10k service. The noise is not that obnoxious yet so can put up with it in the meantime.
Old 28th December 2021, 10:45   #2055

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post

After reading Ram G. Kulkarni's post on getting a minor coding done to get rid of the speed warning at 80kmph & the continuous ones past 120kmph, I got in touch with him to get the same done.

Besides the removal of the speed warnings, there were a couple of other options to choose from as well:

- Improve torque vectoring with XDS
- Improve steering feel with dynamic mode
- Increase lane change clicks to 5 times
- Improve brake assist
- Enable door lock/ unlock confirmation sound

It costed 6k, was done remotely and took less than 20 minutes. Things have worked out satisfactorily since. Only the brake assist & the door lock/unlock confirmation sound options didn't get activated. These were not of great consequence.

Since I've posted a detailed write-up about the coding job done and the observations on my ownership thread, I'll leave a link to it here for those who might be interested in further details:

Beeps, dings & XDS | A minor coding job

I'd recommend a personal research into how XDS works before anyone opts for it. In my case, I felt the the same was worth adding.
Could you please provide me information on how you got the speed warning removed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks