Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 21:17   #1966

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Took delivery of Skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition (Orange colour) from JMD Auto in Thane on 7th Dec. (Had made booking on 25th Nov)
On Road Price 16.25 L post 65 K discount, not opting for Accessories kit and Extended warranty at the time of purchase. (Dealer was offering discount only upto 35 K if opted to take Insurance from outside)
TD, booking & delivery experiences were all very pleasant, very promt & adjusting SA, Chandrakant (His name including Last name is identical to my FIL)
My cousin BIL is with Skoda in Prague and he was pushing to go for Kushaq (I was actually keen on Compact SUVs and had test driven most of Compact SUVs like Nexon, XUV 300, Sonet, Magnite etc.) But once my wife saw & TD Skoda Kushaq, she wasn't settling for any other cars, though I regret not driving cars in this segment like Creta & Seltos (I guess waiting period of 6-8 Months was primary reason for not even considering them.
Last 2 days, car was driven mostly by wife and I finally managed to get hold of it for a good ride today.
Simply superb ride quality.. no complaints on performance front, no rattling sound yet from doors as complained by many.
Just 1 issue, there is a mild but strange hissling sound (like someone is exhilarating) when AC is on (frequency of sound is like twice a minute) I tried all options of putting AC on/off Auto, Temp setting from 16 to 25, but the same sound continues. Informed the SA, he is arranging for Technician visit tomorrow/Monday.
I am planning to take the car for a nice long drive over weekend, as it's ride is mostly enjoyed by wife so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211207wa0101.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211207wa0085.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211207wa0088.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2021 at 05:18. Reason: Non forum characters deleted
Hits_80 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 13:43   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hits_80 View Post
On Road Price 16.25 L post 65 K discount, not opting for Accessories kit and Extended warranty at the time of purchase. (Dealer was offering discount only upto 35 K if opted to take Insurance from outside)
What all discounts did you get in this 65k?
Old 11th December 2021, 13:50   #1968

Didn't know exact break up of 65 K, but I guess 35 K cash discount & 30 K discount on Insurance.
My company wasn't in list to be eligible for Corporate Discount and I didn't sold my old car (SX4 Zxi) through JMD Skoda to be eligible for Exchange bonus
Old 11th December 2021, 19:28   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Just 1 issue, there is a mild but strange hissling sound (like someone is exhilarating) when AC is on (frequency of sound is like twice a minute) I tried all options of putting AC on/off Auto, Temp setting from 16 to 25, but the same sound continues �� Informed the SA, he is arranging for Technician visit tomorrow/Monday.
Congratulations on your new ride! Happy driving, im sure you’ll enjoy it.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, check if it’s the ventilated seats? They are noisier than the other cars so could just be the sound you’re hearing.
Old 11th December 2021, 19:42   #1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Correction noted.

I wanted to convey the same that the car needs to have valid insurance when it needs to go out to public road and would be registered in your name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
Congratulations on your new ride! Happy driving, im sure you’ll enjoy it.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, check if it’s the ventilated seats? They are noisier than the other cars so could just be the sound you’re hearing.
There aren't ventilated seats on Ambition variant.
The sound is coming from the AC vents. It doesn't impact functioning of AC or Cooling capacity, but it's annoying to have a sound like that every minute or so.
Old 11th December 2021, 21:04   #1971

Newbie first post. Absolutely thrilled to start contributing here. Been crawling and reading posts for ages.
Booked myself a 1.5 Style AT (6AB) Carbon Steel on 01-Nov. Still awaiting allocation, estimated delivery date was 29-Dec but, by the looks of it, I doubt whether that will hold good.
Is this waiting time what others are experiencing as well? Its not that there's much I can do (apart from cancellation) but would still like to a view please.
apputim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 23:01   #1972
BHPian

Please use sunroof occasionally. Otherwise, visit to ASS will be unavoidable.
Old 11th December 2021, 23:08   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Please use sunroof occasionally. Otherwise, visit to ASS will be unavoidable.
Can you please elaborate?
Old 11th December 2021, 23:49   #1974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain;5209940[LIST
[*]Cabin is really noisy. A lot of engine + traffic noise makes its way into the cabin. The powered windows are WAY noisy as well.[/list]
  • But you still hear the engine inside the cabin. Can one go for after market insulation under the bonnet to at least contain some of the noise.
I seem to recollect the official review saying NVH damping is good on the Kushaq. Anyway please keep us posted on what solution you have come up with to address this issue.
Old 12th December 2021, 01:38   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of Skoda Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition (Orange colour) from JMD Auto in Thane on 7th Dec. (Had made booking on 25th Nov)
On Road Price 16.25 L post 65 K discount, not opting for Accessories kit and Extended warranty at the time of purchase.
Congratulations on new your new ride, I feel extended warranty is always good to have, I heard Skoda extended warranty is at 14-15K ?
Old 12th December 2021, 09:37   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
[*]The 3-cylinder clatter seems amplified at idle. So much that someone mistook it for a diesel. But super refined once you drive off. But you still hear the engine inside the cabin. Can one go for after market insulation under the bonnet to at least contain some of the noise?[/list]
It's weird to know this. I remember driving the rapid tsi with tc and my observation was that it's extremely silent at idle. Barely noticeable. And does boom at higher revs but that's understandable. Is your observation in line with all kushaq experiences?
Old 12th December 2021, 10:12   #1977
BHPian

New user here. First post!

Booked a Skoda Kushaq 1L MT Ambition variant yesterday from TAFE Skoda, HSR Layout, Bangalore. Got the Carbon Steel color. I have been told that delivery will be provided by the coming Saturday with the PDI and loan formalities scheduled for Thursday

Choosing the car

Initially, I wanted to get the Slavia. I thought of taking a test drive of the Kushaq before booking the Slavia. I ended up loving the Kushaq and there were year-end discounts on offer. So decided to go with either the Kushaq or Taigun.

I loved driving the Taigun a little more than the Kushaq (maybe because the test-drive car was comparatively new). Both are fun-to-drive cars with brilliant handling and a good suspension. Both the wife and I fell in love with the Curcuma Yellow of the Taigun. However, the decision towards Kushaq was swayed by the heavy discounts provided. I got the Kushaq for approx 90k less than what I would have had to pay for the Taigun.

Test Drive Impressions

Coming from a first-gen i10, the ride, power delivery, handling and overall balance of the car was just amazing. Not really a comparison to be honest. I did not feel a lot of difficulty driving the car even while wading through bangalore traffic which was a big plus.

The car scored 5/5 on most parameters for us. A few misses were noticed though
  1. Height adjustability for the rear seat. Looks weird with both seats at different heights
  2. Middle seat has been compromised on to provide for a better experience in the other two seats
  3. Some plastics felt cheap
  4. Engine noise does filter into the cabin
  5. Color choices could have been better (probably the Curcuma Yellow effect)
Verdict
Loved the car and booked it. Looking forward to spending a lot of my time inside this beauty.

I would also like to thank all of you for helping by providing your experience and knowledge. Definitely, made the process less intimidating being a first-time buyer.
NikhilosKage is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:20   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilosKage View Post
I got the Kushaq for approx 90k less than what I would have had to pay for the Taigun.
Can you tell me the breakup of the discount. I could get 60k (30k discount + 29499 for Ex Warranty). Additionally they are providing antirust coating, some UV protection polish and vehicle GPS tracker with 3 years subscription for free. I also told that I will take the insurance outside and they were ok with it.
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:33   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Can you tell me the breakup of the discount. I could get 60k (30k discount + 29499 for Ex Warranty). Additionally they are providing antirust coating, some UV protection polish and vehicle GPS tracker with 3 years subscription for free. I also told that I will take the insurance outside and they were ok with it.
The initial breakup of the discount was 50k (december discount?), 15k corporate discount and ~10k in insurance discount. I was able to squeeze him for ~10k more. Also, the accessories pack cost me 8k instead of 18k. I don't know if that was discounted or just a smaller accessory pack
NikhilosKage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:11   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Congratulations on new your new ride, I feel extended warranty is always good to have, I heard Skoda extended warranty is at 14-15K ?
Availed Extended warranty yesterday with offer pricing at 20K (10 K discount from price quoted at time of car purchase) My SA had advised not to get Ext Warranty along with car purchase as there are offers running and it is profitable to wait for such offers.
Hits_80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks