Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 11:51   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Volkswagen Taigun sold out for 2021; over 18k units booked

Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen India, has confirmed that Taigun bookings have crossed the 18,000 mark.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun01-2.jpg

Gupta stated that VW dealerships are receiving about 250 bookings per day on average and that the Taigun's planned production volumes for 2021 are now sold out. He added that VW could temporarily halt bookings if the momentum continues.

The Taigun is based on the MQB A0-IN platform that is shared with Skoda Kushaq. It is available with two turbo-petrol engine options. These include a 1.0-litre TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm as well as a 1.5-litre TSI that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm.

The 1.0L engine comes with a 6-speed automatic transmission, while the latter gets a 7-speed DSG option. A 6-speed manual gearbox is available as standard with both engines.

Prices for the Taigun range from Rs. 10.50 lakh to Rs. 17.50 lakh (ex-showroom) for the GT Line Plus trim.

Source: Carwale

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th October 2021 at 11:52.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 14:54   #797
NTO
BHPian

VAG and their "sold out" status never fails to amuse us. Irrespective of how many times they get caught lying through their teeth, they still release this Sold Out status!
NTO is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:10   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
VAG and their "sold out" status never fails to amuse us. Irrespective of how many times they get caught lying through their teeth, they still release this Sold Out status!
Yes i saw this one of VW Dealers whatsapp status
Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20211028-4.08.41-pm.jpeg
CarSprit_ssk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:24   #799
BHPian

Quote:
The sold out status might be true as they’re not able to manufacture a lot of cars because of the chip shortage. It’s the same case with MG saying they’ve sold out Astor for the year with only 5000 units booked.
darklitex is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:57   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Marketing gimmick! This way the Hyundai Creta is sold out for 2022 as well as they have waiting list going beyond 12+ months on some variants

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th October 2021 at 17:01.
Aviator_guy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 17:56   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen Taigun sold out for 2021; over 18k units booked

Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen India, has confirmed that Taigun bookings have crossed the 18,000 mark.

Gupta stated that VW dealerships are receiving about 250 bookings per day on average and that the Taigun's planned production volumes for 2021 are now sold out. He added that VW could temporarily halt bookings if the momentum continues.
I truly wonder if this true, I visited VW showroom few times in the recent past and I did not even see 25 people checking out Taigun, let alone book one.

Since my elite i20 was sold at a good price, I had to let it go and I thought booking a Taigun might get me a car early, in spite all the fears popping up in my head, I went ahead and did the booking by paying 25k, the manager then said he can give me grey Color 1.0 Topline AT by end of October if I am ready with the payment. I discussed at home and all wanted the Colour to be red, so had to let it go.
They also had a yellow Colour 1.5 GT plus readily available.

When I made the booking they told me they will provide the receipt next morning and also the booking number. Manager assured me that he will try to see if they can get the red colour by middle of November.

I came home and there were still thoughts looming in my head about the reliability and trouble free ownership (spoiled by swift and i20). When I went to bed at night I just couldn’t sleep thinking about all the negative things that can come to mind about owning a VW then to calm my mind I finally decided, if I don’t get a positive vibe by tomorrow I will cancel the booking.

After waking up in morning I sent a Whats app message to SA asking him to share the receipt and booking number and as expected he didn’t send anything until I finally cancelled the booking.

I made him 3 calls in that day and every time he said “sir will send you details in half hour”.
To add fuel to the fire, cancellation was also based on following reasons.
  1. They insisted me to buy insurance from them, they quoted approximately 88k (0 dep) and I got a quote of 35k (comprehensive)from ACKO. The insurance was staggering 53k expensive.
  2. They told me it is compulsory to buy the essentials accessories kit costing 10.5k
  3. They were consistently pushing me to buy the SVP maintenance pack and Extended Warranty pack right at time of vehicle purchase by instilling fear of price increase.
  4. Unprofessional behaviour by sales staff and casual/ overconfident attitude of manager( sir ek bar jo VW leta hai woh aur koi gadi nahi leta).

When I cancelled the booking I also realised that they do not even have a fixed process on what is required for cancellation. Manager told me to provide a physical request letter for cancellation and it will take 15 days for them to issue a cheque. When I enquired same thing with the SA, he told me to send a cancellation request on what’s app and they will issue a cheque within 4 to 5 days.

I have worked with German people / german company for almost 12 years and one thing I learned from them was strong documentation and process oriented approach. This VW dealer is complete opposite of that.

I prepared a cancellation request letter, took two prints of it attached the google pay receipt, went to showroom and gave them one copy and took a received signature on another copy for myself.

The SA told, “sir I will personally call you and give you the cheque within 4 to 5 days”. I don’t expect him to call me back even after a year .

Sorry for such a long post but I feel bad for VW, they make good products but are let down by such dealers .
I even thought I will ignore the sales people and go ahead with purchase but then the thought came to my mind, that I will have to deal with same dealership for all the future maintenance & services and the city I belong to is not a tier I city, hence we do not have many other options for VW servicing and FNG’s.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 21:57   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Any views for manual only considerations between compass 1.4 sport manual and Taigun GT manual. The price difference is less than 3 lakhs on road for almost same features between the two, but almost a full segment ahead with great build.
I'm also in the same boat. I booked Taigun GT manual 1.5 last week but no one in my home is happy with the features that VW is offering on a 18 lakhs car and I do agree with them. I am thinking to cancel and keep using Jazz and move to MG EZ or some other electric car. I felt claustrophobic in Jeep compass and did not even ask them for a test drive. Check out the fuel efficiency figures of compass petrol before booking. Kushaq 1.5 MT provides loads of features along with 6 airbags and definitely looks more value for money , still I do feel the prices are higher by 1-2 lakhs for the features that these cars are offering
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 22:45   #803
BHPian

Believe definition of Sold Out is changed here in the industry. This means VW has run out of quota for this year. Isn't the same strategy opted by MG but they did it better way, as it was more centralized way of making the booking and visibility to customers. VW Dealers might have ordered extra stock on hand and also cancellation would have effected inventory availability at dealer but from VW stand point they have dusted their hands off.

VW might not accept further orders from dealers with commitment of 2021 deliveries but dealers might have stock to move around. December being a lean month of manufacturing as most of the stock production with 2022 VIN will happen around this time so effectively there is just 1 more month of manufacturing left. Here is a good marketing call out.

As a group my hunch is VW certainly has not much visibility on dealer stock, a good example was VRS and Tiguan All Space. In both the cases organization struggled to locate inventory at dealers. Frequent flip flops. There was demand in certain pockets of country and they just couldn't move the stock around effectively. At the end customers ended up calling dealers all over the country to find one.
CircleOfLife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 14:49   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

There is however one problem with this 'Temporarily Halting' booking scene.

Creta facelift is about to be revealed next month, I do not think VW needs much imagination to understand why SOLD OUT is a bad idea.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:22   #805

After many delays, getting my car next week!

Any views on SVP (4 years) vs Superior SVP (4+1)? The price difference is huge, 24k vs 49K. As per my dealer, SVP excludes service chargers/labor and GST component of parts used, whereas Superior SVP is all inclusive.

Any suggestions on which one to opt?
Old 30th October 2021, 00:26   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
There is however one problem with this 'Temporarily Halting' booking scene.

Creta facelift is about to be revealed next month, I do not think VW needs much imagination to understand why SOLD OUT is a bad idea.
I booked GT 1.5 last week in TVM and within 2 days dealer called me and told car is on its way. I'll be cancelling the booking as I felt the features are same as Highline and not worth the price
Old 31st October 2021, 10:28   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to see the car receiving the recognition it deserves. Fortunately the Kushaq cleared the EPC issue landmine for the Taigun before it launched. Although slightly pricey, the Taigun offers an incredible package in my view - driving pleasure, safety and fantastic looks. The size is just right for someone who wants to use it within the city as well as for long distance journeys. The interiors are slightly better than the Kushaq and the service network is much wider.

I do expect that the Taigun will take the lion share of volumes going forward, between the two twins as the rollout continues. It looks more premium inside and out as compared to the Kushaq for approximately the same price point. Now, I just wish they would provide 6 airbags as standard equipment across variants, to take the pole position in safety and make a bold and clear statement in the market. Even if it comes with a modest price increase, such a move can cement VW’s market perception as being the safest car in the segment.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 31st October 2021 at 10:31.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 11:04   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Great to see the car receiving the recognition it deserves. Fortunately the Kushaq cleared the EPC issue landmine for the Taigun before it launched. The size is just right for someone who wants to use it within the city as well as for long distance journeys. The interiors are slightly better than the Kushaq and the service network is much wider.

I do expect that the Taigun will take the lion share of volumes going forward, between the two twins as the rollout continues. It looks more premium inside and out as compared to the Kushaq for approximately the same price point. Now, I just wish they would provide 6 airbags as standard equipment across variants.
EPC issue is not completely out of woods. Would wait for another couple of months before declaring land mine is cleared. Most of Taigun deliveries have been recent and stray issues might crop up later. It’s a good sign none have been reported till or or could be a case where it hasn’t caught the limelight.

Taigun is flashy vs understated looks of Kushaq and to an extent the color combination feels appropriate giving that roomy feeling. Interior dashboard is better in Kushaq. That tail lamp in Taigun looks smashing in the night. One can spot it from a long distance.

You are right skoda has to catch the network spread of the big brother Volkswagen. For example
entire TS & AP has only 1 dealer for 20 years. This is the only 1 reason I never opted for skoda. Now with expansion strategy there will be 3 dealers and additional 2 already own & run VW outlets. This gives a certain confidence that if things go south at anyone dealerships or service center one has a fall back plan.

VW and notorious silent updates will address these air bags in future iterations. To an extent govt policy will also be a impetus. Where cost & positioning is a factor, there will be certain differentiation. Octavia which is nearly 30 lakhs on road L&K gets 8 airbags VS 6 Airbags in Style variant.This will be one factor that drives folks to consider higher variants. If lower variant covers all safety requirements why will majority folks opt for higher variants. Lower variant also don’t have enough profit margins. It’s not a win-win situation.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 19:39   #809
BHPian

2 weeks back I went to the Volkswagen showroom for the 2nd car in the family. Specifically told the executive there that the Car I am looking at is Polo TSI Automatic as its meant for my wife to be used for office and city errands. Still they decided to force the Taigun down my throat and did not even get me a test drive of the vehicle I wanted. All they could talk about was Taigun Taigun Taigun!!!

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2021 at 05:54. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 00:23   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
2 weeks back I went to the Volkswagen showroom for the 2nd car in the family. Specifically told the executive there that the Car I am looking at is Polo TSI Automatic as its meant for my wife to be used for office and city errands. Still they decided to force the Tiguan down my throat and did not even get me a test drive of the vehicle I wanted. All they could talk about was Tiguan Tiguan Tiguan!!!
I'm sure you mean the Taigun? The new Tiguan is yet to be launched.

Terribly confusing nomenclature, I know
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks