Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2021, 07:56   #841
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

The car is a breeze, on the highway and through the ghats. It has its own share of cons, with the AC panel and with the plastic/fabric quality, but the power makes you smile every time you press the pedal. Going for yellow (my daughter's decision there), evoked strong reactions, but now same set of friends feel that the colour looks stunning on the road
Will soon post my Mumbai - Goa - Murdeshwar - Gokarna - Mumbai trip report and what I don't like about our Taigun.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20211107wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 11th November 2021 at 05:27. Reason: Typos
vinitbarve is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:36   #842
BHPian

How do you use the Sygic maps? I have been struggling to use the built in apps as they are not working.
Old 9th November 2021, 10:53   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
How do you use the Sygic maps? I have been struggling to use the built in apps as they are not working.
I connected the infotainment to mobile hotspot and downloaded the app. I also downloaded the offline map for local region. After that live location is updated even without internet connection.
Old 9th November 2021, 15:06   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
I connected the infotainment to mobile hotspot and downloaded the app. I also downloaded the offline map for local region. After that live location is updated even without internet connection.
Ok will try it out again. Even the dealer seems clueless regarding how Apps work.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:50   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Car has an app store, where it has 3 inbuilt apps available. Gaana, Sygic and some bookings app. We connected the car to mobile hotspot and then downloaded these apps. Once the Sygic is downloaded, you need to download statewise maps, which work very well offline. Even in areas you dont have connectivity, Sygic works brilliantly. The time estimate is sometimes awry abd hence may suggest a wrong alternative route, but the distance is accurate
vinitbarve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 19:48   #846

Considering the latest 5 star rating for Tata and Mahindra vehicles, which is a welcome step in correct direction for cars in India, i feel VAG twins should also be tested as they are the first models based on the new MQB-AO-IN platform.

I checked the 5 star rating for T-cross 2019 which is equivalent to Taigun, but it comes with more safety equipment. I know that Zac Hollis mentioned that they are sure of the platform safety, but as people trust in VW, it should be validated and verified by the NCAP at earliest to maintain that confidence.
tanmay2612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 12:01   #847
BHPian

Taigun Luggage space

4 Medium size bags (one bigger than flight cabin sized and smaller than full size luggage bag) can fit in easily) - can be placed vertically
Or

Mix and match as in the attached pic.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-luggage-space.jpg

One plus is the leg space at the back is huge, in case its a stretch to fit the luggage, laptop bags, small luggage can fit in front of the rear seat.
vinitbarve is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 15:18   #848
BHPian

Dual-tone horn sounds effective, but is not the wind tone type generally expected in a VAG car:
[/quote]

These are the dual tone horn which came with Skoda rapid nowadays with the same part number. If we replace it with dual tone horn kit from the Polo we will get the wind tone horn type.
Polo Horn part number is
6RF-951-221B for low tone
6RF-951-223B for high tone
Attaching the image from the boodmo of Skoda rapid horn for understanding:-

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-32b447df9a43495e99f46af9c767d50d.jpeg  

MayurS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 11:24   #849
BHPian

Done with 3.3K on Taigun,

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20211112_103701.jpg

For those worried on EPC issue some data points for you.

1. So far I have filled petrol in rural Mah, rural Karnataka and in Mumbai city, normal petrol, and not premium.
2. Most of the times filled the tank when 2-4 liters was remaining - so refill was 45L+ in all cases
3. The tank capacity of 50L, fuel remaining and avg calculation displayed on the screen seems accurate
4. Drove 720 KMs on single day (returning from Karnataka), through bad roads of Dandeli and then Bangalore Mumbai Highway, No issues with car heating, or anything adverse that was noticeable during the drive. Quality of drive - brings smile on your face, Lets talk about it some other day
vinitbarve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 12:32   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
2. Most of the times filled the tank when 2-4 liters was remaining - so refill was 45L+ in all cases
Would definitely suggest to refill your tank before it reaches this low. Best practice will be to tank up when it's at quarter level. Fuel pump failure may not arise early but over a period of years it might/will give away. Welcome to the world of VW
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 22:47   #851
BHPian

Quick request. Anyone who has the Taigun - can they do a side by side picture with the Nexon, Sonet or the XUV300 ?

I have been trying to find one, just to get an idea of dimensionality in real life... but could not make it happen.

Will be super obliged ����
Old 13th November 2021, 02:17   #852
BHPian

As per Autocar, Taigun 1.0 manual is quicker than the Kushaq's 1.0. Quicker by 0.5 seconds for 0-100 and 2.7 seconds for 0 - 160. This will definitely make decision making easy for enthusiasts confused with VAG twins.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-422561
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 11:19   #853

Was facing issues with connecting phone wirelessly to Android auto. Please find android auto help.

https://support.google.com/androidau...o-a-second-car

Important to note that for Android 11.00 and above it would connect in wireless mode. For earlier Android versions need to use a cable.

Anyone facing challenge in My VW connect? My Jio connect dongle shows offline. Also, observed that dongle is connected under dashboard, near steering column using a kind of double sided tape which can give away easily. Dongle installation can be improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20211113111056875_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 13th November 2021, 21:57   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Would definitely suggest to refill your tank before it reaches this low. Best practice will be to tank up when it's at quarter level...
That sounds ridiculous. 10 years with my ritz and never faced any issue, mostly refilled when the tank has bottomed out. Anyone co-VW owners, with a view on this, will be grateful if you can share your experiences.
Old 13th November 2021, 23:06   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
That sounds ridiculous. 10 years with my ritz and never faced any issue, mostly refilled when the tank has bottomed out. Anyone co-VW owners, with a view on this, will be grateful if you can share your experiences.
Ridiculous? May be a search on forum might help on understanding best practices on when to refill tank. I might have not owned more than 6 cars from VW stable yet, hopefully 7th one brakes the monotony & get one out of the VW group, but yes shared what would helped the patient from not visiting the doctor at service center for next few years.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks