Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2023, 16:14   #1396
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
Hi folks,
Where can I get good quality brands floor mats for Virtus? I checked amazon and they don't seem to have pharoah or kagu products. I checked 3dmatsindia (are they reliable and official sellers of pharoah?) but they also don't have the virtus mats in stock.
I got the Pharaoh mats for my Slavia a couple of months back. They are the best quality, looks, fit & finish wise. Easy to clean too. I just checked on their website & the set for Virtus is available for 7k (which is what I paid for the mats for my Slavia too).
Torque123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 23:54   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Kindly check the engine mounts. Loose mounts have been an issue in earlier Polo's as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Please keep us updated on the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
1. Open the hood latch only (do not lift the bonnet) and try accelerating till may 15-20km/hr and look for the sound. If its gone, your bonnet is not aligned properly and you need to adjust the rubber pieces.
Thanks for all the suggestions and quick help on the issue. The issue was exactly as suspected by @Bhphog. The bonet was not aligned properly and was slightly raised from the left side. The issue was resolved by adjusting those small cylindrical rubber pieces post a road test at the ASC. Didn't take more than 20 minutes for the entire process which was very heartening. The car feels smooth again! What a relief.

Just wonder how it happens all of a sudden... Maybe some jerk or something?

Used the opportunity to get the bonet insulation @ ₹866 too. Also got the boot springs tightened as it was falling down after the button press. Small but meaningful improvements.

Anyway, all's well now and a good sign that it wasn't anything serious. Thanks again!
RaiAnish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 12:46   #1398
BHPian

Looking for help on two aspects
1. what are my options to de-chrome grills. Will Vinyl wrap do the job? My guy is saying it doesn’t stick to the chrome for a long period
2. How to get the GT de-chromed to Red?
Old 24th August 2023, 14:11   #1399
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
Just wonder how it happens all of a sudden... Maybe some jerk or something?
Happy to have helped

Some causes for this:
1.90% of the times its because people like to use our beloved cars as park benches to sit and support themselves.
2. Cleaner resting his hand on the bonnet while cleaning the bumper and fogs. Also cleaning the bonnet too agressively.

Jerk or bumpy roads are a reason too, however I have noticed this on only one instance.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 02:02   #1400
BHPian

Probably an unusual question but does anyone know how much it would cost to swap GT's black alloys with the diamond cut alloys of the Topline? Not a big fan of black wheels
nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 07:59   #1401
BHPian

Picked up Virtus GT plus lava blue dsg yesterday. Truly mesmerised with its beauty. Feels like a true upgrade as I was driving baleno delta (manual) since last 7 years. Baleno served me well and I am truly pleased with the resale value it offered. Thank you all the members who helped me decide and shared their knowledge.
SidR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 08:44   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Used the opportunity to get the bonet insulation @ ₹866 too.
Good to hear your problem was resolved and hoping you have a trouble free ownership.

I asked here in Kolkata PPS motors ASC for the bonet insulation and they said the part number wasn’t available for Virtus so they wouldn’t help. Did you get similar resistance from your ASC ? Could you share the part number if it’s readily available to you. Also how much of a difference does it make with the bonnet insulation installed.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 09:06   #1403
BHPian

Just happened to complete the first service @ 15000+ kms in about 8 months. Post service i didn't notice a very big difference in engine noise or mileage etc. , the air filter isnt replaced but just cleaned, which was surprising. The regular dry cleaning was a shoddy job with polish all over the car just to make it shine and grab as much dust.

It has been a delightful experince thus far but a couple of issues are just ruining the experience.

1. There is a weird noise while braking and turning the steering, also while braking on rough roads. ASC isnt able to analyse this.

2. There is weird noise from the doors, like the ones complained in Taigun/ Kushaq etc during articulation.

3. Weird knocking noise even on smooth roads from the back, again not able to pin point.

Anyone experiencing similar issues and found any resolution.

Quote:

Used the opportunity to get the bonet insulation @ ₹866 too. Also got the boot springs tightened as it was falling down after the button press. Small but meaningful improvements.
Have been trying to get this from past 3 months, however the reply is always that such part isn't there at all. Can you share me the part number if possible.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 09:48   #1404
BHPian

Whats the duration at which we should go for Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation for the Virtus?
Old 25th August 2023, 10:03   #1405
BHPian

A month and 4000+ km done on my Virtus GT, so far everything runs fine, touch wood.

- done highways/800+km in a day drives, bad (really bad) roads, hills, mild water wading - the car has handled everything with aplomb.

- of course had the three-persons-in-the-back use case tested a few times, and no surprises here, the middle seat wasn't very popular.

- very little driving fatigue over 12+ hours of driving. Great driver orientation.

- I wont say the handling is excellent, but very good for most parts. A bit of roll if pushed hard, but i guess that goes with the higher GC.

- Scraped the bottom once, but that was an extreme hump that I had been a bit careless with. Should be ok in most situations.

- Engine has a dual personality. Very quite and refined and perfectly happy to take you around at mild speeds in city, but wakes up with a growl if you floor the throttle .

- City FE is around 10 at this point. I fill 95 petrol, not sure yet whether I need to stick to this or if 91 is ok in the long term. Highway FE is entirely upto you, drive sedately, you will get 18+ overall (for the highway run). I keep getting around 16+, as I keep getting the engine to do what it is capable of, once in a while ( and its a bit addictive)

- I somewhat miss the analog speedo and tacho!

- back seat is very good for long journeys, the recline could have been a bit more . But I think it can vary for different individuals.

- A feature around front collision alarm ( with a dedicated button on the steering wheel ) is explained in the manual, but I don't think its activated. (don't want to test )

- brake is progressive, I thought initially that the braking was a bit weak, but had a couple of panic braking situations, and it catches up pretty quickly to stop in time.

- Optimum tyre pressure is still a mystery. the sticker on the door and the handbook shows a wide variation (34psi to 40+? ) depending on the load. Is this necessary? have kept mine at 35 for now.

- Haven't had to use the seat cooling much as the weather has been quite pleasant through most of the last month. Yes its a bit noisy at higher speed, but low-speed setting solves that issue.

- AC - so far so good, need to see how it holds up in hotter weather.

- Overall quite happy!

Last edited by Bigzero : 25th August 2023 at 10:33.
Bigzero is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 12:06   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Probably an unusual question but does anyone know how much it would cost to swap GT's black alloys with the diamond cut alloys of the Topline? Not a big fan of black wheels
Curious about this as well. I am thinking of selling the topline alloys.
Old 29th August 2023, 11:05   #1407
BHPian

I was really sceptical of the ABS driven TPMS system in the new VW cars. Would they work accurately? Warn me in time before the tires lost a lot of air? All the scepticism was put to rest a few days ago.

On a regular city drive, I suddenly got a message in infotainment saying rear right tire pressure was low. Since I was on my way to a relatives house, I couldn't stop immediately and get the tire checked. What I could do instead was to pull over once it was safe, used the inflator I always keep in the car and check the pressure. It was at 27 PSI. Pumped it up to 35 PSI and went on my way.

A couple of days later, I checked the pressure in all tires and the rear right tire alone showed lower pressure. It was loosing about 7 PSI in 2 days. Took the car to a puncture repair shop and sure enough, there was a nail in the tire that caused the puncture.

Now, I am assured that the TPMS works and error is shown when tire loses about 7 PSI.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 11:24   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I was really sceptical of the ABS driven TPMS system in the new VW cars. Would they work accurately? Warn me in time before the tires lost a lot of air?
I was sceptical too, it works the way it should. On our way to Pune from Nashik last month it started showing that rear left tyre pressure is low but somehow I was unable to stop at a tyre shop for pressure check. The result, one nail of medium size was present which owing to my negligence resulted in not 1 but 3 punctures as I was unable to stop for checking the pressure and ignored the warning. Adding to the injury, I had the inflator in the car but thinking that the system might be flawed as I get the pressure checked before every 200kms+ trip we do, I refused to use .
Old 29th August 2023, 12:03   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 6

Attachment 2424720

While I was there I got the hood insulation installed as well. 1,100/- after taxes.

Attachment 2424721
Hi, could you please share the part number for the hood insulation, if handy? The service center in Hyderabad is clueless about this.
Old 29th August 2023, 17:37   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid18 View Post
Hi, could you please share the part number for the hood insulation, if handy? The service center in Hyderabad is clueless about this.
Here is the part no. from the bill, 5JN863831, also note the price I wrote is incorrect, it was 1100 including a oil top up. This costs 855 incl taxes.
vividhavasthi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks