Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 12:02   #1546
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Check the method of interest calculation before finalising.

SBI used to provide car loans at fixed rate in July this year.
Mahindra Finance is offering a fixed ROI, 6.99%. Their quotes are on flat rate basis.

My comment on floating rates was for those who might be considering a Top-up loan on an existing home loan.
atluri_rkc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 12:27   #1547
BHPian

My booking is with Royal Motors Kolkata.

What is the difference between XUV700 and Scorpion N headlamps? Are they both not full LEDs? Auto dimming on seeing incoming traffic from opposite side is the difference I can remember but I am OK with that. I will be concerned with rain / fog anywhere with an all LED setup rather than city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Check the method of interest calculation before finalising.

SBI used to provide car loans at fixed rate in July this year.
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 12:57   #1548
BHPian

I don't know if I'm allowed to share youtube links here. So I am not sharing the link.

I saw two videos of ScorpioN where Mr. Velusamy himself explains all the features of ScorpioN. Of all the reviews, I found these to be extremely insightful.

The first video is a short one where he explains the features to one reviewer. It is in Tamil, but there are subtitles given. I'm just giving the title so that those interested can search for it.

Scorpio N - In Depth Explanation - Irfan's View

The second one is an amazing one. Unfortunately in Tamil again and no subtitles this time. I understand Tamil a little bit. In this, he explains in depth the engineering that has gone into creating Scorpio N. Must watch for anyone who understands Tamil even a little bit. You can search with this title.

ScorpioN | An Engineering Masterclass | ft. Mr Velusamy | MotoWagon
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:33   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post

Scorpio N - In Depth Explanation - Irfan's View
[/b]
Thank you. At around 9:38 of first video he says N is only 100 kg heavier than XUV 700. That would be quite good .. isn’t it.
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:09   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Everyone knows but he gets the loan as he knows the right people.

I think I have a much better leverage on Mahindra folks as their senior management are accessible and responsive on social media.

Just as a side note, please remember that the SBI gave loan of more than few hundred crores to now defunct king fisher airlines with only their logo as collateral!!
Agree with you. Many people might have given their hearsay. Even i too told what i heard. But good to know you had good experience which is confidence inspiring. I'll also check with my relative who works with M-Fin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Mahindra Finance is offering a fixed ROI, 6.99%. Their quotes are on flat rate basis.

My comment on floating rates was for those who might be considering a Top-up loan on an existing home loan.
If 6.99% is the flat rate and not on reducing balance, those going for M-Fin should calculate the EMI in comparison to a reducing balance rate loan.

Under normal circumstances, a reducing balance rate is equal to flat rate multiplied by 1.85. This calculation gives the borrower an approximate comparison between the two rates when applying for a loan. Going by this, it becomes 12.93 % which is higher than bank rates. Experts here, may share their views.
rahulya007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:26   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
At the moment the fix rate of interest make sense when RBI is planning to have another repo rate increase in coming sessions.

Regarding factory dispatches: i saw one yard getting emptied on Monday and today it was again full with different set of cars.The dispatches to delaerships are in full swing.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 22:56   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
My booking is with Royal Motors Kolkata.

What is the difference between XUV700 and Scorpion N headlamps? Are they both not full LEDs? Auto dimming on seeing incoming traffic from opposite side is the difference I can remember but I am OK with that. I will be concerned with rain / fog anywhere with an all LED setup rather than city.
Thanks, I have booked with Royal Motors too, the Rashbehari outlet. Apparently they have an outlet in Thakurpukur too.

Those auto-booster headlamps are what distinguishes the two!
While it is good that they provided LED projectors for the low beams, this will result in a clean cut-off and little glare for oncoming vehicles, but the Scorpio crowd would have loved the auto-booster feature.
Old 17th September 2022, 10:37   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
Thank you. At around 9:38 of first video he says N is only 100 kg heavier than XUV 700. That would be quite good .. isn’t it.
Yes, absolutely! considering the profile and size of N. Add another 500 kgs if you are looking at a 4WD !
Old 17th September 2022, 12:53   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsnchops View Post
Yes, absolutely! considering the profile and size of N. Add another 500 kgs if you are looking at a 4WD !
No, it isn't that heavy for 4WD. You can go through these approved documents. It shows a difference of 100 kg.
approved variants by transport department (Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N)

Last edited by rooster.ram : 17th September 2022 at 13:07.
rooster.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 22:40   #1555
BHPian

Anyone considering tyre upsizing?

Considering the N comes with both R17 and R18 tyres as stock, is there likely to be any difference in performance if we upgrade R17 to OEM R18 with relevant rims?
Old 19th September 2022, 10:37   #1556

Received full accessory catalog and pricing from the Dealer.
Someone has posted the catalog already.

ATTACHED the pricelist
The pricing is different than M2ALL

I am planning for the following.

Bug Deflector - (1 pc) DOES this work??
Roof Carrier + Bracket Kit - Z101 - Looks Sturdy and well built
7D Mat Set - MT - 7FF - Dont want to wait for aftermarket.
Mud Flap Set - Basic so opting.

Accesories planned from Market.

TPU -PPF
Full body Damping
Sun Film
3M Underbody Rust prevention
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Scorpio-N_Accessories Price List_Sep 22.xlsx (161.1 KB, 620 views)
thegoldenmonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:49   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoz View Post
Anyone considering tyre upsizing?

Considering the N comes with both R17 and R18 tyres as stock, is there likely to be any difference in performance if we upgrade R17 to OEM R18 with relevant rims?
Yes. I will be up-sizing to 265/60 R18 (mine will come with stupid 18 inch rims) Apollo Apterra AT2.

The new (265/60 R18) RR will be 387.6 mm
The Stock (255/60 R18) RR will be 381.6 mm
---------------------------------------------------
Increase in Ground Clearance will be 6.0mm

Difference in circumference : 1.57%
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:31   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Yes. I will be up-sizing to 265/60 R18 (mine will come with stupid 18 inch rims) Apollo Apterra AT2.
1. What would you suggest for Z4 variant? Tyre size is 245/65 R17 on Steel rim.

I am yet to decide on retaining the steel rim vs replacing them with the OEM Alloys. For bad roads I guess steel rims would be a better choice.

2. I have one question in mind. Can we use the 265 tyre on the same alloy rims after removing the 255 tyre for the same 18 inch Alloy rim? What is the range of possible upgrade for the 245/65 R17 tyres without hampering the vehicle mechanically.
Old 19th September 2022, 11:36   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
1. What would you suggest for Z4 variant? Tyre size is 245/65 R17 on Steel rim.
I was thinking about used old Scorpio R17 alloys for my Z4 variants (If I end up buying the Z4).

But Old Scorpio gets 235 section tyres, not sure if those would be compatible with the 245/65 R17s of the Z4 variants.
If it is compatible, Old Scorpio R17 rims are not a bad option for me, for around Rs 25-26K for a set of 4.
Old 19th September 2022, 12:10   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I was thinking about used old Scorpio R17 alloys for my Z4 variants (If I end up buying the Z4).
If it is compatible, Old Scorpio R17 rims are not a bad option for me, for around Rs 25-26K for a set of 4.
If the old Alloys are not from your personal vehicle or the know circle, I would suggest not to go for it. You never know what abuse they were subjected to. And wheel rims are extremely important and critical components of a vehicle in my opinion. Some essential costs cannot be compromised. If you see my posts, I am inclined towards steel rims rather than changing them to alloys. I have seen people got stranded due to bent alloys. If I finally opt for alloys, I'd buy OEM accessories or a good brand.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed