Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2024, 09:26   #3316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpion N features deleted across variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I am sure there will be a major re-jig of variants and features now. With all-black version of XUV7OO out now, they will also try to make Scorpio-N desirable. Only fear is what exactly is the competition for Scorpio-N under 50L and this might make M&M complacent while minting money.
Exactly my thought as well. Since the S-N is selling like hot cakes anyways despite having a different target audience as compared to the 700, I feel there will be nil additions to the S-N.
Because the competition is the Fortuner (as per M&M). If Toyota can get away with a price hike and 12 speaker sound system deletion, maybe M&M would like to test that theory themselves

Also, the features deletions/modifications in Z8/Z8L include the following:
1. Rear bumper 2x sensor deletion
2. Front door passenger request sensor
3. Boot door inner handle now in grey plastic vs previous brushed Aluminium finish
4. Apollo tyres vs Bridgestone/MRF

Last edited by sand-dune96 : 26th January 2024 at 09:32. Reason: Added content
sand-dune96 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 14:18   #3317
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

While many malpractices are commonly practiced in our Auto industry but, for me, this feature deletion a few months after launching definitely takes the cake. I absolutely hate this practice.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 11:47   #3318
BHPian

I feel it shows their lack of commitment towards the Customer. It just shows arrogance, what's the point of taking bookings based on certain features but by the time of delivery it reduces to 1 model down at same cost.
Old 28th January 2024, 17:51   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
Exactly my thought as well. Since the S-N is selling like hot cakes anyways despite having a different target audience as compared to the 700, I feel there will be nil additions to the S-N.
Because the competition is the Fortuner (as per M&M). If Toyota can get away with a price hike and 12 speaker sound system deletion, maybe M&M would like to test that theory themselves

Also, the features deletions/modifications in Z8/Z8L include the following:
1. Rear bumper 2x sensor deletion
2. Front door passenger request sensor
3. Boot door inner handle now in grey plastic vs previous brushed Aluminium finish
4. Apollo tyres vs Bridgestone/MRF
One interesting addition, 2024 Scorpio- N Z8 D manual gets the alloy wheels instead of steel wheels. Got this information from my SA.
KRIPS99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 17:59   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-dune96 View Post
They did not even bother to clean the filter housing before boxing up the new filter.
Can you explain this in detail? Is this just not cleaning the housing with a cloth or is there anything else that needs to be done. Also, where is the 1 litre of dirty oil coming after the drainage is complete?

TIA
Old 28th January 2024, 18:13   #3321
BHPian

My Scorpio-N comes home

I was keen on the Scorpio N and wanted to get it after retirement. So after hearing various opinions including “you can buy a small flat for the amount”, I finally followed my heart and welcomed home the Z8 D AT 4WD on the 25th of Jan. Had booked it earlier on 24th Dec. My dealer executive says they got it so soon after pestering Mahindra (Seems a tall claim!). I’m not sure if its a 2024 make, though the VIN says R6A. However the speed of delivery, given the long wait experienced by most of you did raise some eyebrows The sales executives were very cooperative and willing to accommodate whatever I asked of them. Am enjoying the drive and its road presence. Already done 450 km with a couple of trips to my village. Can’t wait to take it to the hills. We are expecting snow there next week. (Fingers crossed, winter has seen 0 precipitation this year.) This forum has helped me to take this decision, what to expect and what to be cautious about. Thank you dear friends. There are a couple of questions, which I’ll keep for my next post, and for which I am sure you will have the right answers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_3972.jpeg  

Mahindra Scorpio-N Review-img_3943.jpeg  

rajesh2812 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 18:58   #3322
BHPian

Re: My Scorpio-N comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
There are a couple of questions, which I’ll keep for my next post, and for which I am sure you will have the right answers.
Congratulations on your purchase. Get ready for many exciting driving moments. The beast definitely grows on you.
krinpit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 11:10   #3323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
The Z6 is now essentially the Z4(S), S for Sunroof.
I personally thought that the Z6 variant was stacked too close to z8 in teems of features.The step-up in z6 as compared to z4 was steep for the price difference.

Somehow z6 was variant of choice.So they just made it less desirable
Old 29th January 2024, 12:16   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krinpit View Post
Can you explain this in detail? Is this just not cleaning the housing with a cloth or is there anything else that needs to be done. Also, where is the 1 litre of dirty oil coming after the drainage is complete?

TIA
Yes. Basic cleaning of the housing and the o-ring grooves before inserting a new filter. These small things matter to us enthusiasts whether it may or may not be affecting in the long run.

The 1L oil is completely not dirty. It is mixed with fresh oil. Whenever you drain oil or any fluid it never drains out completely. So to take out the residual used oil a good practice is to flush with a small amount of fresh oil and drain it until you see only clean oil coming out. Yes, it costs more but very very effective for diesel engines in the long run.

Also, I do not allow service centres to use compressed air to clean oil filters or any sump because you never know whether the air drier works effectively or not. This elevates the risk of water/moisture ingress in the sump.

Happy motoring.
sand-dune96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 13:53   #3325
BANNED

Congratulations on your new Scorpio N. It looks great, but I haven't driven it so far. Still feels its unfair comparing a fortuner with a Scorpio N. Upgraded to a legender last year from my old 2014 fortuner. it's been 6 months and haven't faced any DPF issues so far. It regularly regenerates by itself every 15-200kms. I guess if you drive fortuner in too much city traffic and for short rides then the DPF issues come. It must be driven on highways in every 10 Days with a good throttle. One of my Friend have Ford Endeavor and he too have faced DPF issues regularly. Fortuner have manual DPF regeneration switch but Endeavor don't even have that, so he Drives his Endeavor with full throttle atleast once every week and haven't faced any DPF issues eversince. So I think if your car is only or mostly used in city traffic or short frequent Drives then may be fortuner or Endeavor is not your car. So comparing a Fortuner with a Scorpio N is not at all justified !!!!
Old 29th January 2024, 15:54   #3326

Clicking Noise from Scorpio N Front Wheels - Anyone Else Facing This?

Hello Team BHPians,

This is my first post on this amazing forum, and I'm hoping to tap into the collective wisdom here to solve a bit of a niggling issue with my new Scorpio N.

Since taking delivery a few weeks ago, I've noticed a distinct clicking noise coming from the front wheels whenever I turn the steering wheel, in both directions. It's not a loud clunk or grind, but more of a rhythmic click-click-click sound with the sharpness of the turn.

Here's what I've observed:

The noise seems to be more prominent at slow speeds (parking lot manoeuvres, U-turns).
It doesn't seem to matter whether the road is rough or smooth.
The steering wheel itself feels fine, no vibrations or looseness.
Brakes and suspension also seem to be working normally.
I've been through the manual and haven't found anything specific about this type of noise. I've also searched online and come across mentions of CV joint issues on some Mahindra vehicles, but the symptoms don't seem to exactly match what I'm experiencing.

So, my question to the wonderful Team BHP community is: has anyone else encountered a similar clicking noise from their Scorpio N front wheels? If so, I'd be hugely grateful if you could share your experiences, what the cause might be, and how you went about fixing it.

Any advice or insights would be highly appreciated! Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,
Old 29th January 2024, 21:06   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxer View Post
Congratulations on your new Scorpio N. It looks great, but I haven't driven it so far. Still feels its unfair comparing a fortuner with a Scorpio N. Upgraded to a legender last year from my old 2014 fortuner. it's been 6 months and haven't faced any DPF issues so far. It regularly regenerates by itself every 15-200kms. I guess if you drive fortuner in too much city traffic and for short rides then the DPF issues come. It must be driven on highways in every 10 Days with a good throttle. One of my Friend have Ford Endeavor and he too have faced DPF issues regularly. Fortuner have manual DPF regeneration switch but Endeavor don't even have that, so he Drives his Endeavor with full throttle atleast once every week and haven't faced any DPF issues eversince. So I think if your car is only or mostly used in city traffic or short frequent Drives then may be fortuner or Endeavor is not your car. So comparing a Fortuner with a Scorpio N is not at all justified !!!!
I am sorry but this post reeks of prejudice. BS6 Toyota diesels are very prone to DPF issues, you can find an alarming number of posts on Team-bhp itself. Most bhpians know how to avoid DPF issues but they still face them. I am a fan of Fortuner, but I have no problem admitting that there are many aspects where Scorpio N beats it. From ride quality, engine refinement, steering feel, braking ability, superior-gearbox and petrol engine, feel-good features, etc. for a cool 20L less definitely makes it a more car per rupee package. The comparison is justified as long as the owner is happy with it. Also, there was no mention of the Endeavor, she's in a different league altogether
Amrit@wheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 21:25   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxer View Post
Congratulations on your new Scorpio N. It looks great, but I haven't driven ————-
So comparing a Fortuner with a Scorpio N is not at all justified !!!!
Unpopular opinion at the risk of taking the thread off-topic!

If compared on merits, Scorpio-N provides 85-90% of Fortuner at 55-60% price. Scorpio-N trumps Fortuner in many areas like suspension, audio & infotainment, sunroof etc.
So, baring Snob-appeal, it can be easily compared to a Fortuner.
Rahkehs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 22:20   #3329
BANNED

Fortuner is so much more than just suspension, sunroof and entertainment. I bet if you have driven it regularly for more than 10yrs then your opinion might be different. I've had a Scorpio classic 4yrs before fortuner and I know that experience with Mahindra and the after sales & service of it. I prioritize peace and with toyota specially with fortuner (I am using hyrider also) I've had a peace of mind for 10yrs using it with a go anywhere attitude. Bought it in 26 L and sold it in 13.5 L after using it for 10 yrs and lakhs of kms On it. Not a single dull moment driving it. You can prioritize a Scorpio N according to your liking but you can't compare it with the mighty Fortuner. Its class above !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
I am sorry but this post reeks of prejudice. BS6 Toyota diesels are very prone to DPF issues, you can find an alarming number of posts on Team-bhp itself. Most bhpians know how to avoid DPF issues but they still face them. I am a fan of Fortuner, but I have no problem admitting that there are many aspects where Scorpio N beats it. From ride quality, engine refinement, steering feel, braking ability, superior-gearbox and petrol engine, feel-good features, etc. for a cool 20L less definitely makes it a more car per rupee package. The comparison is justified as long as the owner is happy with it. Also, there was no mention of the Endeavor, she's in a different league altogether
Bro, Endeavor faces more DPF issues compared to fortuner. One of my friend have both Endeavor and Legender. and his legender is year old and haven't faced any DPF issues till date. but with Endeavor he had faced this many times so he was advised by the ford mechanic to drive it full throttle every 10 days and he haven't face any issue regarding DPF eversince. also petrol fortuner is an underpower car and not worth consideration.
Scorpio N must be a good car and is very popular nowadays but that doesn't mean that fortuner is dragged into its consideration. Both cars are class apart !

Last edited by Sheel : 30th January 2024 at 09:54. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Roxer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 09:44   #3330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nish6474 View Post
I have faced the same with my RWD Thar. The DTE showed 1 km to empty and I was able to fill up only 34.5L before the fuel nozzle cut off. The full tank capacity of RWD Thar is 45L as per the owner's manual.
So the reserve capacity is almost 10L in M&M vehicles.
A bit off topic, but this is an interesting nugget. I did not notice that the fuel tank capacity of the RWD Thar is only 45L. The 4WD Thar comes with the fuel tank capacity of 57L, which is 12 litres more. Mileage of the 2WD will be better, however at 12L difference in the tank size is quite significant and probably reduces the range of the RWD by good margin as compared to the 4WD. 45 Litres is quite less for a BOF SUV that weighs well over 1.5 tonnes and has very poor aerodynamics.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks