Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 12:57   #241
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Hybrid pricing seem to be inline with expectations though mild hybrids definitely will be expensive by a lakh, looking at the AT top end price. May push serious urban buyers towards the Hybrid.
Old 10th September 2022, 13:08   #242

Awesome and comprehensive review. I dropped this car and purchased an XL6 instead. In HyRyder, i found the rear seat was cramped, transmission tunnel too intrusive, headroom poor, and the roof lining quality really really poor especially around the sunroof boundary. I found it to be very flimsy, it moved about a lot with bare hands.
Old 10th September 2022, 13:08   #243
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the Hyryder stack up against its midsize SUV rivals on the price graph.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20220910_130726.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:31   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Here's how the Hyryder stack up against its midsize SUV rivals on the price graph.

Attachment 2357031
That sums it all. The HyRyder rides higher than every other option on this chart in pricing. Surely, at these prices, Toyota is taking us for a ride.

Time will tell who will be left high and dry.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 10th September 2022 at 13:41.
Old 10th September 2022, 13:53   #245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2357031
Looks like the premium for the pure hybrid V is 1.92 lakhs over the Creta 1.5 SX(o) IVT.

Premium positioning for the hybrid - but not exorbitant so as to discourage the market. Should sell especially among those who do a lot of in-city travel.

The mild-hybrid VAT is priced exactly on-par with the Creta. The biggest problem with that engine is going to be the state of tune (hopefully not carried forward from the Brezza! 100@3k rpm!) and not the pricing.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 14:48   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The mild-hybrid VAT is priced exactly on-par with the Creta. The biggest problem with that engine is going to be the state of tune (hopefully not carried forward from the Brezza! 100@3k rpm!) and not the pricing.
At this price better engine would have given an edge, but I believe Hyryder rides and drives better? Sure Creta/Seltos have an upper hand w.r.to performance however I believe Hyryder and Vitara are good alternative for someone who don't want a Hyundai.
Old 10th September 2022, 15:12   #247
SDx
BHPian

I see two possibilities:

Toyota is still expecting Hybrid tax rebate. That's why they have priced the hybrid variants a bit higher.

Or

It's other way around, they have given up on the rebate hence announced the prices at Toyota premium as usual.
SDx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 19:38   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
All this comes at a cost of 2.38L. Most of these are interior bits which are for aesthetic purpose, barring Airbags, alloys and sunroof.
After looking at the price differential, V is out of the question, choice boils down to G and S variant. Open to suggestions.
This is what I did to estimate the VFM when in dilemma between two variants of same car. I did it for both Brezza and Grand Vitara mild hybrid (waiting for price release to know how much value is off from cost differences).

I added a value that I am willing to pay based on how important the feature is to me for each differing features. This is not how much each feature may cost, as I am calculating value proposition of the features as opposed to the cost of making it.
For example, I would pay 15k for 9" screen over 7" screen, or 6k for 2 tweeters, and whopping 80k for 4 extra airbags as safety is high value in my list (though actual cost of 4 airbag setup may be much less). That make value difference between GV Delta to Zeta as 1.59L for me. This applies to Neo Drive S to G also as they come with same feature set. Now if cost difference comes approx in same range, then I would consider Zeta or Neo Drive G is better VFM compared to Delta or S variant respectively.

Either you could indulge in this VFM micro-calculation like me, or consider TBHPian @PrideRed suggestion and go for G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Go with G,
For the 6 airbags, I would also overlook excess cost over value.
Old 10th September 2022, 23:55   #249
BHPian

Visited Nandi Toyota in Whitefield, Bangalore today to check out the vehicle. They didn't have a display vehicle in stock. Is my understanding of the word "launch" wrong? Shouldn't these guys have their demo cars by now? Or is it one of those Toyota traits where they just expect people to come whenever they do get around to getting a demo car?
Old 11th September 2022, 10:19   #250
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovilkalai View Post
Visited Nandi Toyota in Whitefield, Bangalore today to check out the vehicle. They didn't have a display vehicle in stock. Is my understanding of the word "launch" wrong? Shouldn't these guys have their demo cars by now? Or is it one of those Toyota traits where they just expect people to come whenever they do get around to getting a demo car?
Test Drives cars won't be available until the End of the month as far as I know from the dealerships here in Kerala, Eagerly waiting to get my hands on the Hybrid Urban Cruiser Hyryder.
Old 11th September 2022, 12:47   #251
Senior - BHPian

For such prices, I think its worth buying the AWD rather than the Hybrid. At least there is some novel engineering that can be utilized for driving pleasure, rather than hope to drive around silently, with your carry bags on your knees.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 13:39   #252
BHPian

Brochure - https://stc.aeplcdn.com/f/brochure/17/1887/uwotnf9.pdf

Surprisingly mild hybrid does not have the features such as TPMS, Heads up display, Ventilated seats and Wireless charger in any variants.

Front grill is also different. I think we are yet to see a mild hybrid variant.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th September 2022 at 15:03. Reason: Typo
Old 11th September 2022, 14:06   #253
BHPian

I have gone through the brochure multiple times. Feature differences between hybrid G and V variants are very minimal. But the ex showroom cost differ by 1.5 L. Am I missing something to notice ? OTR price of Hybrid V dual tone should be costing close to 24 L with compromised rear seat width and cramped boot. This price is justifiable for a proper 4 pot refined petrol Hybrid with a better boot space car. I can go for a Creta or even an Alcazar diesel AT with this price as my usage won't cross 500-700 km per month.

Last edited by Hickstead : 11th September 2022 at 14:08.
Old 11th September 2022, 14:29   #254
BHPian

HyRyder prices are in range of what my SA mentioned, but prices were announced before the deadline Toyota dealership mentioned!
I am thoroughly confused now: Frustrati

For my current usage I'm looking for strong Hybrid only, and have booked V version. Typical monthly usage is 1500 - 2000 km/month of city driving, plus one or two highway trips for up to 1000 km/month.

I was very much interested in City eHV, but that interest vanished with 200 ltr boot. Compared to that HyRyder seems to be almost double the space.
I also read few fellow boarders' comments above about 4 cylinder City > 3 cylinder HyRyder. But problem is getting a eHV these days, some crazy waiting period I believe. Can someone in knowledge throw some light here? In any case boot size remains an issue with City hybrid.

I feel HyRyder prices are okay, as not much choice is left for me. Some brief period, I was banking on '22 Tuscon, but there also prices seems very high. So my hunt remains open?

Open to suggestions / expert observations
Old 11th September 2022, 15:31   #255
BHPian

I see most of the discussions are based on the hybrid version of the car.

The base model mild hybrid seems to me a very VFM car if priced below 10 lakhs ex-showroom. It has almost everything except for infotainment which can be easily retrofitted.
Seltos and Creta base models both are priced above 10lakhs ex-showroom but are stripped of features.

Although I have my doubts regarding the pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks