Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2022, 22:50   #286
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post

They have added some logistics charges. Is it a genuine charge?
It is illegal. Discussed in details in this thread -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...erala-too.html (Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too)
bivision is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 14:35   #287
BHPian

My dealer is quoting 42 - 49K for road tax and BH registration of 2 years. Ideally it should have been 10% of ex-showroom (15 years) for petrol vehicles between 10-20 lakh bracket. That should come down to 30K. Anyone else have an idea on BH registration cost for Hyryder?
Old 20th September 2022, 15:16   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Pay lower taxes for hybrid cars in India?

Quote:
The Centre is working to create a fair structure that aligns taxation rates to the emission norms and a team of experts is currently examining both global and domestic data and looking into demands from OEMs.
Quote:
The government is fuel agnostic and the same benefits will be rolled out to hydrogen fuel cells, ethanol-based technology as much as hybrids — cars that use both electric and petrol
Link
Old 20th September 2022, 15:20   #289
BHPian

Any time frame for the implementation of this policy? If this is going to be there in the next budget, the long waiting times may turn out be be a boon in disguise.

Notably, in the link below, there is some breakeven analysis, and says that based on current cost structure hybrids cannot compete against petrol.

Quote:
CRISIL Research suggests that hybrid vehicles can compete for market share with diesel vehicles and not against petrol or CNG variants based on cost economics. The current price differential between a hybrid and petrol variant is ~30 percent while that between a hybrid and diesel is 15 percent. For a personal petrol vehicle buyer who on average drives 10,000 km annually, the breakeven for a hybrid would only be over 10 years based on current ARAI mileage figures, says Pushan Sharma, director of CRISIL research.
Link

Last edited by ajayc123 : 20th September 2022 at 15:39.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 19:14   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Any time frame for the implementation of this policy? If this is going to be there in the next budget, the long waiting times may turn out be be a boon in disguise.

Notably, in the link below, there is some breakeven analysis, and says that based on current cost structure hybrids cannot compete against petrol.
I'd be surprised if the subsidies come into effect anytime soon.

Also, the argument about break-even is not only surprising, but flawed as well. Case in point are the Maruti/Toyota hybrid twins. The on-road price for the Toyota hybrid is ~ 10% over the mild variant. At a 30% premium over the latter, the hybrid is dusted on arrival.

A simple math I did shows annual fuel costs savings in the order of 40,000 to 60,000 INR for a 10,000 KM run, when you compare them to naturally aspirated or turbo charged petrol cars in the same category.
Old 20th September 2022, 19:27   #291
BHPian

I really cannot comment or trash the CRISIL research unless I see more details. I am sure there must be some method to madness. I just quoted what I noted.
Old 22nd September 2022, 17:35   #292
BHPian

For those in Bangalore, SA informed me that the display vehicle will be available in Nandi Toyota on Sept 24th at the Kanakpura Branch.

If anyone has details on the other locations, kindly share.
Old 23rd September 2022, 06:15   #293
BHPian

I have acquired the genuine accessories list for the Hyryder.
I asked the person if I could get some options like the premium sound upgrade and TPMS from the top V Hybrid variant into my G Hybrid Variant and it is very much possible.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20220922_215936.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20220922_215921.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd September 2022 at 06:18. Reason: Formatted images.
tjsi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:27   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
I have acquired the genuine accessories list for the Hyryder.
I asked the person if I could get some options like the premium sound upgrade and TPMS from the top V Hybrid variant into my G Hybrid Variant and it is very much possible.
As per this list G variant premium speakers + premium stereo + TPMS + steering cover - cooled seats = 22K
So, V variant they are charging 1.25 lakhs for cooled seats???

And what is meant by premium stereo and speakers? I thought the Infotainment system remains the same in both variants. How are they making it premium? Is there a brand associated with it like JBL or Harman or Bose?
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:34   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
As per this list G variant premium speakers + premium stereo + TPMS + steering cover - cooled seats = 22K
So, V variant they are charging 1.25 lakhs for cooled seats???:confused
+ Puddle lamps .. don't forget they give puddle lamps in V variant . That might explain this atrocious premium over G .

/s
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:40   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
So, V variant they are charging 1.25 lakhs for cooled seats???

And what is meant by premium stereo and speakers? I thought the Infotainment system remains the same in both variants. How are they making it premium? Is there a brand associated with it like JBL or Harman or Bose?
3 other buyers and I were discussing the car and when I was asked which I variant I booked and why.
I booked the G variant because-
I don't really need TPMS because I fill up my tyres with nitrogen so I just get it topped up by the end of every month. Never really felt the need for it.

I don't need 360 degree camera because I am an experienced driver and I can parallel park, judge and maintain my distances well.

Don't need ventilated seats because I've been living without them all my life and still haven't felt the need for them. I tried it in the Camry and Creata and I felt it wasn't a life changing thing to have. Honestly I'm afraid they would amplify and funny smells ifykwim.

I love listening to music while driving so what I really needed was the premium speaker upgrade which now we know can be added through accessories, so when yesterday I tested out the speakers of the mild hybrid top V model with the regular system It sounded quite nice to me, better than my 2018 Honda City which has always been my benchmark in terms of sound quality.
Hyryder's stock system has an amazing bass response and clarity so I don't think i would even add that now. I'll have to check out the one on the top V variant to make a final decision.
Also I think it MIGHT be the JBL speakers from the fortuner that they'll be using, not sure so don't take my word for it.

G is the most value for money here but if someone just wants a hybrid SUV for pure fuel economy on a tight budget then S is for them.
tjsi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 17:11   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Attaching the Official Accessories brochure for everyone's reference;

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot-20220923-5.09.41-pm.png

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot-20220923-5.09.48-pm.png

karan561 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:32   #298
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of the Hyryder in dual tone Silver. I think the SUV looks elegant in this shade.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyrd1.jpeg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyrd2.jpeg

Name:  HYRD3.jpeg
Views: 2142
Size:  82.1 KB

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyrd4.jpeg

Source: A contact from the dealership I'm in touch with. Masking personal details as requested
pannags is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th September 2022, 01:04   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Here are a few pictures of the Hyryder in dual tone Silver. I think the SUV looks elegant in this shade.

Attachment 2361049

Source: A contact from the dealership I'm in touch with. Masking personal details as requested
Thanks. My booked Color. Although now I’m in 2 mins because of Harrier XMAS
Old 24th September 2022, 16:00   #300

Spotted a couple of Hyryders in ORR, Bangalore. Wondering whether test drives have started...
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20220924_132424.jpg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20220924_132357.jpg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img20220924131405.jpg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img20220924131352.jpg  

Dinup P Pillai is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks