Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2022, 23:50   #256
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

I have some questions but couldn't find any information or discussions around it?

1. Does anyone know what would be the replacement cost of the Hyryder battery pack post 8 years warranty period in case something goes bad (which is a common problem in Prius)?

2. Between eCVT(toyota) and 6 speed Touque Converter(Asin) transmission which is more reliable or long lasting? And what are their respective repair costs?

3. How different is Hyundai Creta IVT transmission in comparison to Toyota Hyryder eCVT? Or which do you think is more superior in terms of performance or reliability? Don't want to drag DCT in this discussion since there is a dedicated thread for that.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 00:10   #257
BHPian

The strategy by Toyota is clear - try and maximize the sales of the Strong Hybrid versions and probably the sales guys would have received an explicit communication - to try and convert those interested in the Micro Hybrid (Neo Drive) to the Strong Hybrid.

As an example, let's look at the pricing of two closely matched variants:
1. Hyryder G eDrive 2WD Hybrid (middle variant, strong hybrid) priced at 17.49 lakhs ex-showroom and
2. Hyryder V AT 2WD Neo Drive top (top variant, mild hybrid) priced at 17.09 lakhs ex-showroom.
So, why wouldn't a potential customer convert into a Strong Hybrid for an additional sum of 40000 (difference in the on-road price would be slightly more)? It's an easy sell.

Key differences in these two:
The strong hybrid variant (G eDrive) as compared to the mild hybrid top variant (V Neo Drive) misses out on the 360 degree camera and leatherette seats but then makes it up by having a Heads-up Display, Wireless Charger and a 7 inch information display (vs the 4.2 inch one in the mild hybrid one)
gaurav911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 00:22   #258
BHPian

Toyota has something going for it here. They are only playing the numbers game with rebadged Marutis. With their core vehicles, they are playing a long game. They see the market going to move away from diesels and already moving away from manual transmissions.

This car seems squarely aimed at the diesel AT crowd. The trend seems to be to offer AT only on the top-end diesel. So, you can only compare HyRyder Hybrid V to Creta 1.5D AT SX variants. The HyRyder seems to be about 70K pricier. People live with smaller boots, the S-Cross didn't have a big boot either. Even NVH may not be a deal-breaker.

The main choice seems to be between diesel power and hybrid efficiency. EV battery replacement costs aren't deterring pure-EV buyers. But the future of passenger diesels might be deterring many diesel buyers. Add the option of an entry-level variant with hybrid engine at about 3 lakhs lower.
yatin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 07:46   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
I have some questions but couldn't find any information or discussions around it?

1. Does anyone know what would be the replacement cost of the Hyryder battery pack post 8 years warranty period in case something goes bad (which is a common problem in Prius)?
Battery pack is 1.6 kWh I believe .. so that would cost about 1.6x150 USD/kWh = USD 240 or ~ Rs20k
Carzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 17:26   #260
BHPian

Hi. I have received the price list of UC as attached. Price_List_UC_Hyd_Sep_22.pdf
Old 12th September 2022, 18:20   #261
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Here is the price list of the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder for Kerala.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TI01A - Price List HYRYDER- wef 09.09.2022(1).pdf (328.7 KB, 714 views)
bijims is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 18:59   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post

Here's one aftermarket replacement battery option for Prius. This can serve as a ballpark.

Link

If you dig into details it says 41% less than dealer pricing. So dealer pricing should me more. Taxes could be different in India vs US.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20220912_185821.jpg  

Last edited by ajayc123 : 12th September 2022 at 19:07.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 23:42   #263
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I'm sorry, is it just me or paying 20+lac for a K15 engine too much?
I can't believe that now I feel that Creta IVT is a cheaper and VFM option.

I believe they will not sell much of the K15s except the E and S variant, the rest should be strong hybrid.

In a time when you are losing market share and want to gain it back, you have to skim on some margins, like Nissan and Renault did with the Magnite and Kiger respectively!
Old 13th September 2022, 00:06   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I'm sorry, is it just me or paying 20+lac for a K15 engine too much?
20+ lakh is for the Toyota 1.5l 3 cylinder engine with eCVT not K15.

K15 one will start way lower from 13+..
OpenRoads is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:32   #265
BHPian

Attached the latest Hyryder pricing for all models, Dual Tone options etc. For Neodrive, only V model (2WD) price is revealed.

Received from my SA (Uttam Toyota)
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-hyryder-pricing.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf HYRYDER - PRICE LIST DELHI W E F 12-Sep-2022.pdf (224.6 KB, 3517 views)

Last edited by smilingakash : 13th September 2022 at 14:38.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 15:30   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post

All this comes at a cost of 2.38L. Most of these are interior bits which are for aesthetic purpose, barring Airbags, alloys and sunroof.
After looking at the price differential, V is out of the question, choice boils down to G and S variant. Open to suggestions.
Same situation as you are in. Have booked the G variant, but now having second thoughts. The S variant is at a very competitive price for an economic full hybrid vehicle. Up until one dives into a full EV model some years down the line.

(only downside being Toyota is still selling ONLY hybrids even in a mature market like the US)

When one adds taxes and insurance the difference goes to almost 3 lacs.

So now in a dilemma to select an S Variant Toyota Hyrder or Maruti Grand Vitara Zeta+ or wait and watch for Citroen C3 AT if and when.
Old 13th September 2022, 17:08   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave547 View Post
The S variant is at a very competitive price for an economic full hybrid vehicle.
S variant Hybrid has almost all the fundamentals. Here are the differences with V variant:
  • Halogen projector instead of LED [Halogens are better in rainy/foggy conditions down south]
  • Only 2 airbags [Would have been nice to have 6 airbags]
  • No leatherette seats [Seat covers aftermarket]
  • No alloy wheels [Can do without]
  • Variable intermittent wiper missing [Hope non-variable, intermittent setting is still present, or has it been removed altogether?]
  • Roof rails missing [Only for style, cant bear load anyway]
  • Boot, foot-well and Glove box lamp missing [Can do without]
  • No HUD [In a commuter car? Wont be missed]
  • Smaller HU screen [OK, can live with it]
  • Auto headlight and courtesy light missing [Can do without]
  • Rear Wipe & wash missing [This should have been given]
  • 360 degree camera [Can do without]
  • Auto fold ORVM [manual electric fold is present, is enough]
  • Manual Day/night IRVM [Manageable]
  • Ambient lights [Can do without]
  • Less no of speakers and non-premium audio [Can do without]
  • Luggage shelf strings [Are these the ones that hold the parcel tray up when opening boot?]
  • Wireless charger [Can do without]
  • connected car tech [Can do without]
  • Pano glass roof [Not a must have]
The main missing items for me are 6 Airbags and Rear wipe/wash. Else this variant gets almost all the essentials in it for a good price.

Last edited by TT-S : 13th September 2022 at 17:10. Reason: Added sunroof
TT-S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 19:41   #268
BHPian

Yes the rear wash and wipe and additional 4 airbags minus is a negative. Nexon is able to achievea 5 star inspite of 2 air bags. So its not just the number of airbags which is the deciding factor for crash tests. Breeza with 2 airbags (older version) had a 4 star as well. 3 lakh difference would mean about 6 k a month which is what one needs to decide. I think its a lot if safety ratings are good with 2 air bags
Old 13th September 2022, 21:09   #269
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Attached the latest Hyryder pricing for all models, Dual Tone options etc. For Neodrive, only V model (2WD) price is revealed.

Received from my SA (Uttam Toyota)
INR 6,250 for shipping and handling charges? I thought they can't legally do this now? We have seperate post on TBHB on this.
Link (Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too):

What I have noticed with dealership of other brands is, they are bundling them under registration charges. Less questions I guess. But no Toyota dealers are too bold!
Or, are these MCD parking charges which were a thing at some point in Delhi (if my memory serves me right)

Btw, I have also booked Hyryder with Uttam Toyota however the price list I have received this morning is from Esprit Toyota. Some SA I have got

Last edited by SDx : 13th September 2022 at 21:33.
Old 13th September 2022, 21:41   #270
BHPian

Anyone hearing from their dealers on when test drives are commencing and when deliveries commence? I haven't heard a word in Chennai from Lanson Toyota and have messaged the Sales Head today. I was under the impression that deliveries will start for Toyota this month for early bookings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks