Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2023, 13:18   #1126
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Thanks to Neel Chatterjee for sending in the details. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I purchased a Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder G variant. Initially, I was delighted with my choice, as I have always held Toyota vehicles in high regard for their reliability and quality. However, since taking ownership, I have experienced numerous significant issues with my car. They greatly affected my driving experience and, more importantly, my confidence in the vehicle. The problems I have encountered to date resulted in the replacement of the Transaxle within 2 months.

I must emphasize that my intention is not to discredit the Toyota brand, which I have previously held in high regard. However, the severity and frequency of the problems I am experiencing with this particular vehicle led me to believe that it may be an isolated case of manufacturing or assembly defects. I am not satisfied with the car's performance and that has caused significant inconvenience, agony and frustration. In light of these circumstances, I requested my dealer to initiate the necessary steps to replace my defective vehicle with a new one that meets the high standards of quality and reliability that Toyota is known for. However, it's still under research while they are collecting data and sharing it with TKM to find out the solution. I also heard from the dealer that it's the first defective car in India. As a customer, I am suffering a lot. I am really confused about what to do at this stage and thought of contacting you for your kind valuable suggestions and advice.
Omkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2023, 20:46   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Thanks to Neel Chatterjee for sending in the details. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
I agree, i have also faced lot of issues with the car. This is my first toyota and had heard great things about toyota's production quality and service quality but had opposite experience till now.

Already got the rear seat headrest changed in warranty, not the front cowl has an opening in centre and the service centre is just reluctant to take it to company, they pressed it and said it done and will not cause any issue, image attached. Have pushed them to raise it to the company.

The external temperature sensor is also stuck at 30 degrees, looks like got damaged after a pressure wash. The steering makes weird small noise while turning when indicator is in use, this is apart from indicator sound. The same noise is present in all Hyryder and hence SC is refusing to do anything on it.

Till now the experience of the toyota service and quality has been disappointing.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-20230612_203045.jpg  

Old 26th June 2023, 11:55   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
The car has run 21,000 kms in 7 months approximately. It has completely replaced my 2021 Innova Crysta for primary running.
Average mileage till peak summer was between 26-27.5 KMPL, which has come down to 25.6 - 26 KMPL with 100% AC usage.
This is amazing mileage indeed. I am able to get a max of 15 KMPL in Mumbai. On highway runs between 80-100, I get upwards of 25 KMPL. Overall mileage is 20 KMPL including high way runs. Driven 11,000 Kms in 6.5 months. No issues reported yet
Old 28th June 2023, 16:03   #1129
BHPian

Posting on behalf of a friend:

How is one supposed to tackle waterlogged roads in a hybrid? My friend lives in an area which is quite prone to water logging and this is his first hybrid vehicle.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2023, 12:56   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Got the 10k service done for my petrol Hyryder; no major concerns and it was just oil change, brake cleaning, air filter cleaning and cabin filter replacement. Also got balancing and alignment done.

Does anyone know what is the latest firmware version of the head unit?
Old 5th July 2023, 10:21   #1131
BHPian

So, any update on safety rating for this car?
Old 5th July 2023, 13:37   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
So, any update on safety rating for this car?
I’m not aware of any tests done.

Since the car is based on Suzuki’s Global C platform, it should easily achieve 4+ stars. The Toyota Urban Cruiser (read Vitara Brezza) based on the same platform had a rating of 4 stars for adult occupant protection and 3 for child occupants. This should improve with the added safety features and 3 points seat belts for all rear passengers in the Hyryder/GV.

So, personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about the crash test rating of the Suzuki/Toyota twins.
Old 5th July 2023, 19:12   #1133

In other news, Hyryder Strong Hybrid prices have increased by 25K; Mild Hybrid and CNG by 13K. Effective from today it seems.
Old 5th July 2023, 21:53   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Er_Who View Post
In other news, Hyryder Strong Hybrid prices have increased by 25K; Mild Hybrid and CNG by 13K. Effective from today it seems.
I had booked during second week of December 2022, then with an assured delivery within 6 months. Meanwhile prices have increased by 1.25 Lac and OTR by ~1.5Lac, but car not yet available after 6 months.
Old 6th July 2023, 00:40   #1135
BHPian

Had a concern which I’d like to get checked with the rest of the group here.

From the time of delivery until my first service at 1000 kms, I was able to maintain a mileage of 28.6. This was all done within the city with the AC on at least 90% of the time.

I have now completed almost 4000 kms and my mileage is at 25 with my AC on less than 40% of the time (I have been literally sweating it out just to get my mileage up ). It was at 24.8 for the longest time and I just managed to get it up in the last couple of weeks. My driving has been the same. My routes are the same. The number of passengers (and their weights ) have been the same. Even the petrol bunk I fill up at has been the same. And this is all on Eco mode. I have tested Power mode for less than 5 seconds so far.

I have made a couple of long trips (not more than 110 km one way) and I am still unable to figure out the reason for the drop in mileage. The only difference I see are the weather conditions. Bangalore was a lot cooler in March (when my first service was due) than it is now. Could the heat be the reason for this drop? Did something happen during the first service that has contributed to this change?

Anyone else experiencing the same? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Old 9th July 2023, 00:31   #1136

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Does anyone know what is the latest firmware version of the head unit?

The latest firmware (as of June '23) is 76TR.03.00. Got mine updated during my car's second service in June. Had to specifically ask for it (mainly to look at a solution for the annoyingly low microphone volume during calls), and only then did they update using a pen drive. Before that the SA was indicating that there are no updates. The software that came pre-installed in my car (mfd. Dec 22) was v2.00 (76TR.02.00).
Old 9th July 2023, 06:06   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMA View Post
The latest firmware (as of June '23) is 76TR.03.00. Had to specifically ask for it (mainly to look at a solution for the annoyingly low microphone volume during calls)
Did the upgrade help with the low microphone volume? I seem to suffer from this as well and no option to increase this is available.
Old 9th July 2023, 08:49   #1138

Does anyone have any experience with the seatbelt chime alert? The cluster indicator and 95 seconds chime go on even when no one is on the rear seats. We spoke to the dealer and he said that as per a new rule effective April 2023 - all seat belts must be engaged at all times (including rear 3 ) even if no passengers are there on the rear seats. After doing it the alerts are not triggered- and it seems a little weird to me if there are no passengers.
Any experience?
Old 9th July 2023, 12:16   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIMA View Post
The latest firmware (as of June '23) is 76TR.03.00. Got mine updated during my car's second service in June. Had to specifically ask for it (mainly to look at a solution for the annoyingly low microphone volume during calls), and only then did they update using a pen drive. Before that the SA was indicating that there are no updates. The software that came pre-installed in my car (mfd. Dec 22) was v2.00 (76TR.02.00).
My current version is 76TQ.02.00; my car is from the very first batch of vehicle.

This means, the update was not done for me; have to now go back and get it done.

And I also face the issue with the low microphone volume during calls and also voice commands.

Hope the update resolves both issues.
Old 10th July 2023, 03:23   #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audik75 View Post
Did the upgrade help with the low microphone volume? I seem to suffer from this as well and no option to increase this is available.
The update surely helped with the microphone call volumes , thankfully . Infact I had earlier quit using handsfree altogether,( on both Android auto and apple car play) and it is usable/fine now post the update (I have not using voice commands, hence not able to comment on that aspect).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
My current version is 76TQ.02.00; my car is from the very first batch of vehicle.

This means, the update was not done for me; have to now go back and get it done.

And I also face the issue with the low microphone volume during calls and also voice commands.

Hope the update resolves both issues.
For me, the update did resolve the calls issue. I hope it did the same also for the voice commands. I am unable to verify that as I have not been using the voice commands.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th July 2023 at 04:46. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
PRIMA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks