Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2023, 16:26   #1171
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Hi. I did a Pune - Panhala - Pune round trip. Total 600 kms including some local sightseeing. The car returned an average of 26 kmpl including climbing some ghats and spirited highway driving.

This was our first long trip as a family and wife was complaining that the rear seat is too straight, stiff and uncomfortable. She ended with a bad back. I too experienced some discomfort.

This is a negative that prospective owners must look at.
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 18:59   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
16kmpl is fairly decent at a maintained 120kmph considering there is zero role of the hybrid system at such speeds, and the vehicle is effectively like a pure petrol car.

The benefits of the strong hybrid are only in urban settings.
This is a misconception, the battery kicks in even at higher cruising speeds, i have got upto 23 kmpl on highway maintaining speeds of 90-120.
Old 16th August 2023, 20:31   #1173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
This is a misconception, the battery kicks in even at higher cruising speeds, i have got upto 23 kmpl on highway maintaining speeds of 90-120.
90-120 is very different from a sustained 120 for hours, like it is on the Delhi Mumbai expressway. Hybrid system will keep assisting at 90-120 as speeds are lower and are varying with traffic. That’s not the case on the DME. Even the City eHEV (a series hybrid) runs locked in pure ICE mode at 120 and above.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 14:45   #1174

How are Hyryder Hybrid deliveries proceeding right now? My uncle had booked a G spec Hybrid variant in April 2023 in Mumbai in Cave Black. According to the dealership, there is a huge backlog in production, particularly for Cafe White, and they are now quoting delivery in December 2023 after previously saying October 2023. Does Toyota plan on doing anything about these long wait times?

Long wait times for Hycross and Hyryder Hybrids has put me off them for my own search for a new car.
Old 18th August 2023, 14:19   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
[*]Build quality has been satisfactory. The service center has helped a lot by installing those NVH kits and eliminated all random noises from the cabin.
What are these NVH kits? Are they like extra rubber paddings, etc? And what were the issues that you observed that lead you to get these fixed?
Old 18th August 2023, 20:35   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zv777 View Post
How are Hyryder Hybrid deliveries proceeding right now?
Even people booked on Dec 2022 did not get the car. So its highly unlikely by October . My booking was done on March , no clue yet . Neither dealer nor toyota could give a delivery date ,other than being empathetic. I am in the same queue slot for last 4 months. Planning to cancel.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5601552 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)

Last edited by bullboy : 18th August 2023 at 20:38.
bullboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 07:31   #1177
BHPian

Hi tjsi, it is possible to share the final bill here, need to see the work being done. 10k kms would be free service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Had my 10k service done last month and it cost me

Are you receiving emails from Toyota regarding booking/waitlist. I receive monthly mails and also whenever the my booking status changes. Dealership sales team refuses to commit anything, possibly because it appears to be beyond their control. I have booked red but indicated that I am open to all colours for quicker delivery, the sales team did offer me white hybrid but I had to refuse as I was travelling till end of month and it was BSVI and had to be registered by 31st March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Anybody can help with Toyota sales team /management email contact.
I booked in November 2022, the waiting for my colour (Red with black) with the dealer was 8. It moved to 2 last month and 1 last week and the sales team indicated over phone that car would be delivered next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Even people booked on Dec 2022 did not get the car. So its highly unlikely by October
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:15   #1178
BHPian

First time puncture with my Hyryder

Its almost a year (9079 KM) since I have been driving around in this car.
Now coming to the actual issue, the puncture happened in phases.

First time I realized something was wrong was when the dashboard showed a yellow triangular icon with an exclamation mark inside. I knew something was wrong but never had seen such a icon glow before. I googled and found that its due to low tyre pressure. So I switched on/started the car (push button instead of a key sometimes feels like lighting a bulb instead :P) and drove it around a bit to see which one is causing the issue in the TPMS. I proudly used portable tyre inflator (purchased for long trips and carrying it in the boot since beginning) to bring it to normal level. However since the deviation was not very large I ruled out the possibility of a puncture.

Second time I was returning from a trip and noticed the same icon glow again. This time the pressure was lower and the TPMS was showing the tyre blinking in red. Honestly I was both happy and concerned to see this feature. Never before I have seen a car tyre blink in a different colour than the rest on a dashboard. I parked the car and filled a little more than required pressure for the remaining trip.

Back from the trip I forgot all about it (crazy stupid work can do wonders) and noticed it again when I took it out for a evening ride. Next day I took the car to nearby FIXO Puncture center and took care of the issue.

The culprit were two long nails quite close to each other which had pierced the tyre. I got it repaired with rubber patches pasted within the inside walls which was pretty basic.

But the part which caught my attention was when he removed the tyre and deflated it. TPMS was showing the fall in pressure level as is. I was not aware that the sensor is positioned somewhere inside the tyre and was battery operated connected by bluetooth or some other protocol. So when he removed the tyre from the wheel I was able to see the sensor.

Pretty neat tech I will say since I never had the privilege to ride a car with so many sensors or indicators before as my previous car is a bare bones Hyundai i10 (2010) model which still accompanies me (1.3L KM) to market and tight spaces in my city

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-tpms-sensor.jpg
OpenRoads is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:04   #1179
BHPian

There was an software update for the audio unit through the smart playcast app.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20230821175520436_com.oem1.infotainment.da.proxy.jpg

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-screenshot_20230821175616910_com.oem1.infotainment.da.proxy.jpg

Was anyone able to download the pdf manual for the audio system?
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
This website doesn't mention the hyryder's system code.
Old 24th August 2023, 10:44   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post

Was anyone able to download the pdf manual for the audio system?
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...ate/index.html
This website doesn't mention the hyryder's system code.
Use this link for update in hyryder.
https://www.global-infotainment-syst...om/en/top.html

Hybrid code is 76TQ, neo drive is 76TR.
aks812 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:04   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post

Thanks for your reply but sadly this too doesn't have the car's code.
Old 24th August 2023, 20:20   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Thanks for your reply but sadly this too doesn't have the car's code.
I have downloaded 76TQ.03 file from the same link.
Old 24th August 2023, 20:54   #1183
BHPian

I was talking about the audio system pdf manual and not the software update.
Old 26th August 2023, 00:57   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks812 View Post

I believe 76TR is for pure Hybrid since that's what I see on my unit. Maybe 76TQ is for the Neo.

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20230826_0042045342.jpg
Old 26th August 2023, 02:56   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenRoads View Post
I believe 76TR is for pure Hybrid since that's what I see on my unit. Maybe 76TQ is for the Neo.

Attachment 2495385
Neo Drive is indeed 76TQ.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5583146 (Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review)
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks