Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 17:36   #931
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk24 View Post
Thanks for the review.
Were you able to test the 2nd row of the 8 seater option?
Also, any idea what the availability is for the VX trim in Bangalore?
Hello,
There was no 8 seater available on display. So, I was not able to check that.
With regard to the availability of the VX trim, the SA said that he can get the car in 2 months.

Thanks.
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 18:40   #932
BHPian

Observations after 400 km:

Even though the car belongs to the first batch of cars (TKIM date 23 Jan 2023), I don't see major niggles so far. Etios, that I bought in the second month 12 years ago, had few rattlings. This one is rattle free.

The car has excellent wind noise control. VX and above have acoustic control windshield which seems to make a difference. Wind noise is very less even at 120 kmph despite the size which was a surprise for me. ZX has IR cut too and therefore should be even better with heat control as well.

Tyre noise insulation is average and you will hear the noise in old roads and concrete tarmac.

The second row comfort is rated excellent by the family. High speed cornering and curves and road undulations don't bother much.

After I started driving faster and like my previous sedan now, in the cities the mileage is around 16 to 17 kmph now. It may go little less in a heavy traffic, but should still be more than 15 in the worst traffic conditions too. These are MID figures.

On the highway the mileage is not going to differ much until the speed of 120 kmph. It was nice to see the car in green eco range even when cruising above 110. Power range is touched only when you accelerate to reach a particular speed.

Once the car started on the regular mode instead of EV, probably when the battery was not having enough juice. The mileage was around 10 kmpl during that 3 km trip.

Paddle shifter is handy and helpful to overtake when you are driving in the eco mode.

The service manual says the spark plug replacement is once every 1,00,000 km as against once every 20,000 km that was in my previous cars. That's some saving.

Niggles faced:

The trip mileage showed blank once. It never happened again.

The tank average I had set for the MID got reset once, not sure why.

I am missing the two trip meters that I had in my Etios. I am yet to figure out how to have multiple trip tracking at the same time.
Upgrade is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:19   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post

Paddle shifter is handy and helpful to overtake when you are driving in the eco mode.

I am missing the two trip meters that I had in my Etios. I am yet to figure out how to have multiple trip tracking at the same time.
Thank you! I also own a VX. Are you using Paddle Shifter while in D mode or D+S- Mode ?
I couldn't make-out any difference when I tried to downshift with paddle shifter.
BTW , Hycross has 2 trip meters and can be accessed using the steering control on the left side.

Let me ask you another question- Could you figure out how to mute the entertainment system/apple car-play with one button ? I am unable to figure out how to mute !!
pradeepkm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:40   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Thank you! I also own a VX. Are you using Paddle Shifter while in D mode or D+S- Mode ?
I couldn't make-out any difference when I tried to downshift with paddle shifter.
BTW , Hycross has 2 trip meters and can be accessed using the steering control on the left side.

Let me ask you another question- Could you figure out how to mute the entertainment system/apple car-play with one button ? I am unable to figure out how to mute !!
How's your experience with the car so far?
Old 20th February 2023, 20:58   #935
BHPian

Quote:

I can use paddle shifters in D mode. I believe there are 5 levels and is engaged for a brief period after which the normal D mode takes over. Start with downshift (-). In the case of D-S, there are 6 levels and it sticks to your selection until you change it or move to D mode.
I'll the check the remaining 2 you mentioned. Thanks a lot!
Old 20th February 2023, 21:07   #936
BHPian

Hycross VX 8 seater bench variant in Super White is on display at Sonak Toyota, Bavdhan, Pune.

I did look around and sat in all 3 rows in display VX variant but didn't took a test drive as I am have no immediate plans.

I am 5ft 7inch and currently drive 2016 Jazz 1.2 VX MT. I have also been driven around in Crysta owned by close relatives. Here are my observations and not in any particular order.

Positives -
  • Huge road presence and sitting on top feeling rather than sitting in. Massive size and length.
  • Acres of cabin space all around and very airy feeling cabin with large glass all around.
  • Usable and practical 3rd row seats with decent knee room for average built Indian (up to 5.8 height).
  • Good view from IRVM.
  • Almost zero blind spot from A pillar due to good placement of ORVMs and quarter window. A pillar too is little far from driver.
  • Build quality reasonably good and on par with current Crysta. Very heavy bonnet. Very little flex in body panels.
  • Better Front passenger knee room compared to Crysta.
  • Nice sized and comfortably placed front armrest.
  • Centre console looks good and is imposing. I am not referring to infotainment but that entire centre console with gear stick, auto-ac controls and other switches.

Negatives -
  • Huge slabs of hard plastics on door panels and dashboard. Plastic texture is big let down in getting that rich premium feel.
  • No glossy plastics on door panels anywhere.
  • 2nd row door panels have flex owing to retractable sunshade mechanism
  • Missing backlit switches on all doors.
  • Inner chrome door handles and lock unlock button are straight lift from Crysta.
  • Lack of tactile and rich feel on buttons.
  • Depressing non led yellow lights all around in cabin and that awkward looking ambient light strips.
  • Only single light in boot.
  • Bench seat armrest is not at natural height and is sloping downward. I was not comfortable with my hand placement.
  • Sliding and tilt middle row does not allow big cargo space for that house shifting or bringing furniture from market.
  • That empty engine bay look and visible hollow fender panels.
  • Roofliner is not fabric types.

Neutral -
  • Steering wheel size is smaller compared to Crysta.
  • Leather quality on Steering wheel.
  • Door thuds similar to Crysta. Need little push to close them properly.
  • Heavy boot door.
  • Fit and finish all around.
  • Seat fabric and texture.

Last edited by varunswnt : 20th February 2023 at 21:08.
varunswnt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 22:22   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post

Even though the car belongs to the first batch of cars (TKIM date 23 Jan 2023), I don't see major niggles so far. Etios, that I bought in the second month 12 years ago, had few rattlings. This one is rattle free.
Great to know the drive is excellent. Few questions:
a) How is overtaking at high speeds? Does it inspire confidence to gain speed when needed?
b) How is the subwoofer? Are there rattles? I heard heavy rattling of the subwoofer panel during test drive. Even with default setting of Bass control. Hope its some fitting issue with test car.
Old 21st February 2023, 10:04   #938
BHPian

Greetings everyone,

I am excited to be part of this forum and would like to express my gratitude to the moderators for approving my application.

Recently, I booked the ZX(O) variant online on November 25th with MGF MG Road in Gurgaon. As per the sales advisor, I can expect to receive the car by September/October. I have had the opportunity to see and test drive the car, and while it drives well and the TSS works perfectly in Gurgaon traffic, I have noticed that the interior does not quite match up to that of the XUV700.

At this point, I have two questions, and I hope that some of you can help me with answers. 1. Should I buy the XUV700 or the HyCross [I am planning to keep car for 8-9 years]?
2. if I do opt for the HyCross, which colour should I choose - Blackish Ageha Glass Flake or Super White?

Thank you in advance for your insights and advice.
Old 21st February 2023, 10:24   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grepvel View Post
How's your experience with the car so far?
Experience is quite good . Driven around 500 Km now in a weeks time.
-Excellent driving comfort.
-Very smooth
-Suspension is quite good . Have driven it with full family of 7 and none complained.
-3rd row seats are for 2 - Middle seat is good for a kid. So essentially I am considering it as 6 seater
- The Steering control buttons are a real let down. No tactile feedback. The arrangement is a complete mess. Audio controls are mixed with cruise controls on the right side.( while using Apple Carplay).
-The speaker system in Vx is quite good. I am not missing the subwoofer . Quality is ok.
- The storage box and hand rest is very handy and quite deep.
- Still not able to figure out how to mute the carplay audio when needed with one touch.
-Overall the seating position of the driver is very comfortable. The dead pedal provided is a boon.
-The GoodYear tyres produce road noise and it trickles in to the cabin while on Highways.
-The camera quality overall is quite bad. Added to it is the resolution of the 8 inch screen . These are basic stuff Toyota ignored in a 30L car !
-VX seats in the middle row have good thigh support.
- We can get into the 3rd row between the 2 middle row seats which is good.
-Fitted few accessories like skid plate and window trim chrome garnish. Everything is super costly
-Noticed that in my 500 km drive , the EV battery never got charged above 50 percent. The vehicle moves very aggressively to EV Mode , whenever possible and depletes the battery. Since the user have zero control over the scenario, I will just observe and report the same when I go for first service.
-The Power -Drive mode is quite good for overtaking in highways. Used it in the new Bangalore - Mysore Highway and the Nice road. Very handy when you need that little extra power.
-For sedate driving in the city the echo mode is sufficient. I guess ,in echo mode the vehicle switches to the EV mode quite often .
- For the first 500 Km I got 16.5 Km/litre fuel efficiency.( As per vehicle)
-The echo score display is pretty handy as the vehicle analyses your driving habits and provide comprehensive information.
-The Blk-Agh colour is prone to attract dirt and if you don't clean the car regularly, it will spoil the looks.
pradeepkm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:28   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Got a chance to test drive the HyCross. I have a 1.1L driven EcoSport TDCI MT and most of my observations are relative to it and very short test drive of around 3 kms.
  1. First impression - I did not get a feeling that I was sitting in a car costing 3 times more than my existing ride.
  2. Finding comfortable driving position was easy. Overall visibility is good - it’s too restrictive in EcoSport and Compass is the best I found in recent past.
  3. Power didn’t feel like it was almost double of my existing ride nor was it punchy - maybe better insulation? However, I didn’t feel lack of pulling power (there was a flyover climb) and did hit 80 KMPH on the flyover itself - it was on power mode though.
  4. I tried paddle to downshift more than couple of times, but couldn’t feel any change in engine response. Power modes also had very subtle changes in engine response. First time with AT and I never released the accelerator pedal purposefully - don’t know if this is the right way.
  5. Expansion joints were felt more than EcoSport - I’ll give it to high tyre pressure but I didn’t confirm the pressure.
  6. Third row seats are more comfortable than the Crysta in terms of knee-up and under thigh support. The backrest recline angle is not executed properly though as the backrest incline changes the seat base recline as well - Fiesta gen 1 seat height adjust anyone.
  7. Second row seat rails were an eyesore and it is not flush with the floor; got to watch out while moving around. This is isn’t executed well in my opinion.
  8. 8 seater second row armrest was opening up itself if you tilt the seat back forward to allow 3rd row ingress. It is definitely not designed/bolted properly. Also the hinges were nakedly exposed from the LH seat if backrest angle is set differently.
  9. I wasn’t able to engage the the parking brake on ‘N’. Driver accompanying said parking button of no use and self engages on ‘P’. Took it with pinch of salt. Anyone here knows on this?
  10. Waiting period - the SA offered to deliver by end of month and I was like scratching my head and recollecting waiting periods being heard around. . I declined.

I am looking for a 5 seater with good boot space. With a budget of 25 to 30 and peace of mind as one of the important criteria now, I cannot look beyond Toyota’s MUV. To me each vehicle has some compromise, but I felt that HyCross has more compromises than Crysta (except the BS6 diesel issue which cannot be a categorised as compromise) - a car tailored for India.

Thanks a lot mate for this wonderful comparison. I own a Ford ECOSPORT 1.5TDCi which is 8.3 years old and being in NCR I must change is within 10 years. I am looking for a 7 seater and Innova Hycross was on my mind. Whether it is correct or not - but we always tend to compare the next purchase with the existing one even when the 2 are from different segments. I love Ecosports and its driving dynamics and only car I found comparable was XU700 diesel (personal opinion) . But again the actual features are in AX7 model, the prices are high (for10 yr limit) and Waiting period is a big downside as you cannot block the prices.
Hycross - never felt excited about it and your comments are articulating almost everything what I feel about the car.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 12:03   #941
BHPian

Quote:
-Fitted few accessories like skid plate and window trim chrome garnish. Everything is super costly
You are absolutely true. They are charging too much for the accessories. Even the mud guard is super costly. The fog lights as an accessory costs around 11900 and that too is not available.

Last edited by Paritoshkalra : 21st February 2023 at 12:05.
Old 21st February 2023, 12:16   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Experience is quite good.
Some more questions for you -

1. How is light setup in Hycross ? Please share night drive experience
2. How is highway drive ? If vehicle is cruising at 100kmph, how much average can be expected & how comfortable is overtaking ?
3. Any uphill / mountain drive experience ?
4. Is there gear indicator on centre consol illuminated ?
5. What is service interval ?

My Hycross Vx 8S Ageha has arrived at stockyard, but since there is no test drive available in Delhi NCR as of now, i'm trying to delay however i can.

Moreover, i still havent seen Ageha color in person. Have only seen in White / Black. Now sure how does Ageha in VX looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Thirty Six Toyota in Faridabad is my dealer. Mine is VX 7 seater pure white which will be delivered soon.
Is test drive vehicle available there ? None of Delhi dealers have Test drive vehicle and I want to test drive it before i sign the papers.

Mind you, i have already made payment of 10 big ones & loan verification is also completed. Just need to sign loan papers, but in a fix on few things like -

Drive experience, Headlights performance, mountain drive experience, how much does it dip with 8 people on board with luggage, how does ageha color look in person, 8 inch touch screen, Interior quality etc etc.

I have budget & 8 seater constraint, else would have thought abt ZX. However, even after all these constraints, I'm sold on Hycross as there is no other option with 8S comfortable car around this price.

Last edited by woodstock3001 : 21st February 2023 at 12:22.
Old 21st February 2023, 12:29   #943
BHPian

Quote:

Long pressing the Mode button on the right side of the steering pauses the audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
Great to know the drive is excellent. Few questions:
a) How is overtaking at high speeds? Does it inspire confidence to gain speed when needed?
b) How is the subwoofer? Are there rattles? I heard heavy rattling of the subwoofer panel during test drive. Even with default setting of Bass control. Hope its some fitting issue with test car.
Overtaking is not an issue as power is aplenty. It is the length of the vehicle I should get used to. If you have been driving a long vehicle, it should be fine. You can get a boost for overtaking by drive mode change or paddle shifter if required.

No rattling from the speakers even at a high volume and the quality of audio seems to be good. I am not a connoisseur though.
Upgrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 12:41   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Mind you, i have already made payment of 10 big ones & loan verification is also completed. Just need to sign loan papers, but in a fix
Test drive vehicle is not available in Faridabad. I am following up daily. I also made payment of 10 lakhs like you did as an advance. I need to take a test drive first and then I will take delivery of the 7 seater VX white.
Old 21st February 2023, 12:44   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
Test drive vehicle is not available in Faridabad. I am following up daily. I also made payment of 10 lakhs like you did as an advance. I need to take a test drive first and then I will take delivery of the 7 seater VX white.
I think we both are in same boat. My dealer is pressing me for delivery without test drive but i'm reluctant for same.

Out of all the dealers in Delhi NCR, only 1 test drive vehicle is available that is in Gurgaon, IJM Toyota Sec 47. Not sure, if i want to go that far for test drive.
woodstock3001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks