Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 14:57   #1081
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palzsojourn View Post
I have VX variant which allows wired Apple CarPlay. The trouble is there is only one USB port in the head unit, which can be used either for music through pen drive or for wired Apple CarPlay. On longer drives I need both. Is there a way out. I tried usb splitter but only music can be played in that arrangement and no CarPlay. CarPlay works only when wired in usb port directly.
Songs and calls be played over Bluetooth. Works seamlessly.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 16:17   #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformlives8 View Post
Airbags is something for which I would have upgraded to a GX(O) if it was there.
I too have booked a GX variant due to low running, but decided to hold on till a 6 airbags variant is launched as I am not in a hurry (Punto is still running rock solid).

Any idea if the whole 20% ethanol issue will be a point to watch out for the GX variant? Also any feedback on real world mileage?
Old 4th March 2023, 17:02   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Songs and calls be played over Bluetooth. Works seamlessly.
There is a type c port also adjacent to the usb port.
Can't the type c port be used for playing music?
Paritoshkalra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:12   #1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
There is a type c port also adjacent to the usb port.
Can't the type c port be used for playing music?
Simple and brilliant solution. Type C USB drive can be used for storage of media and playback of music. Thanks @Paritoshkalra
Palzsojourn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:21   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post

So the whole thought just defeats the purpose of owning a hybrid as my monthly usage will come down. I just feel the car is oversized by atleast 4-6inches for my use case. Why dont they just lauch Corolla Altis with a hybrid engine. That would fit my use case.

So finally did PDI of Hyryder today and will do final payment on Monday.

So although I am continuing with my Hyryder booking but it's definitely feels overpriced by atleast 5 LACs
If you are concerned by the huge size of Hycross, and you need a better car which is easy to drive and park, then VW Taigun 1.5 GT at 21 lakhs is a far better option than Hyryder. Hyryder is a purely Maruti vehicle and it will not give you a costly car feel at all. VW Taigun 1.5 GT is a German car and it feels and drives over and above the cars in the competition.

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th March 2023 at 17:51. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please do not quote entire long posts as it inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank you.
Paritoshkalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:03   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_DL9C View Post
Can you share this communication with me ? my dealer insists allocation details will reach them by the 7th. Also if you booked on 25th November, your delivery should not be so late. Like Galaxy, MGF is a big dealer. Do you have a rough idea how many bookings were made ahead of you before launch ? because fro what i have been reading and a personal experience, a lot of the early batches are available for grabs in the black market with promised delivery within a week with premiums running from 1 - 5 L.

Really irritated with this situation. No clarity on E20 compliance, i had to forgo my xuv700 ax7l and Sell my Fortuner (NCR 10 year rule). i have other cars but need a people moving SUV/Muv for family trips. Covid locked us down, and now these things are just irritating.

Didnt expect such experience for 35 lakh odd car. No transparency, No clarity, No delivery Timeline, No price protection, subpar interior. Not sure what am i paying for ? Reliability is only good when you get the vehicle?
I'm in the same boat all the way down in Kerala. Booked 2 days before launch unofficially via dealership and then made another official booking on launch day via online portal and selected another Nippon Toyota dealership because I really need the car as fast as possible.

So far both dealerships keep reassuring me that I'm the first in line but I haven't even received an estimated arrival date of the car yet. They keep saying no one in kerala has gotten a ZX(O) variant allocated yet which is starting to become ridiculous. VX is readily available for some reason. And now with the price increases and no price protection, I'm at my wits end. Terrible experience so far.
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:59   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Terrible experience so far.
I'm in similar boat but not sure if it's entirely dealership fault. I had booked Ageha color but post looking in person we were surprised in a bad way so requested to change it to Black or Pearl white and were told deivery post Holi which we were ok with.

Now , prices have increased by 75k and VXO has come which has added to confusion if we should go for Vx (which should be available in March) or VXO whose availability is not know ? Suggestions pls.

I'm fine with Price difference, feel good & added safety features but doesn't want endless wait.
Old 4th March 2023, 19:01   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
I was lucky to take delivery of my new Hycross VX 7 seater today from Thirty Six Toyota today. I wanted a car without sunroof specially and God, what a timing!! From tomorrow this car is 1 lakh costlier !
Congratulations you lucky chap. You were the first one who i thought of when i got to know abt Price increase. I envy you , but in a happy way

Kudos to you. Do share night drive experience as i believe rest all is available on YouTube.
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 21:42   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I'm in the same boat all the way down in Kerala. Booked 2 days before launch unofficially via dealership and then made another official booking on launch day via online portal and selected another Nippon Toyota dealership because I really need the car as fast as possible.

I have also booked in Nippon (Kalamassery)and I was told originally I am third in line and now 1st (since mid last month). I have booked Vx 8 seater Ageha black and I am told very little Vxs are coming and even this month there is no car for me. I was sort of promised this month but was told yesterday 'hard luck'. So they are just giving answers that suits them.

I met the SA and sales manager and told them that they are being non transparent and I suspect that they are not playing fair as I had seen a black ageha vx 8 seater with them last month in the stock area. After all of this they suddenly offered me a white, which miraculously appeared, which I politely refused.

Terrible experience so far, especially for a car that is worth more than 30 lakhs. Absolutely non transparent and whimsical, to say the least.
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:15   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
If anyone visiting the showroom comes across the 8 seater variant of VX(O), please click a snap of the seatbelts of the middle row seats. I want to see whether there is actually a 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I am just wondering how have they implemented the panoramic sunroof with the middle passenger seatbelt positioned on the roof with the bench seats for the 8 seater version!
My hunch was right!

GX and VX 8 seater models get all 3-point seatbelts for the bench seat meanwhile the VX(O) misses out on the 3-point belt for the middle passenger all because of the panoramic sunroof.

How I wish there was an option of the VX(O) w/o a sunroof...

HyCross VX with the bench and all three 3-point seatbelts visible:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-vx.png

HyCross VX(O) with the bench but only two 3-point seatbelts for the outer passengers:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-hycross-vxo.png

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th March 2023 at 00:18.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:18   #1091
BHPian

As per the new EV policy in UP notified today, the strong hybrid electric vehicles are also exempt from registration fees.

See here: https://m.timesofindia.com/city/noid...w/98402501.cms

That's a big one from UP govt. Can people from UP check from their dealers the impact on hycross pricing? Let me also ring them up tomorrow.

I am not familiar with the legal classifications of strong hybrids. Is there a fine difference between strong hybrid petrol vehicle and strong hybrid EV. The article only mentions the latter as exempted vehicle type.
BlueJay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:39   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
HyCross VX(O) with the bench but only two 3-point seatbelts for the outer passengers
There must be belt present as seatbelt lock is present for the middle passenger. This configurator must not be updated correctly, as why would there be 3 locks present for 2 seat belts.
Old 5th March 2023, 00:48   #1093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
There must be belt present as seatbelt lock is present for the middle passenger. This configurator must not be updated correctly, as why would there be 3 locks present for 2 seat belts.
What I meant to say was, in the GX and VX 8 seater variants, the bench seat gets all three 3-point seatbelts.

Meanwhile the more expensive VX(O) makes do with two 3-point seatbelts for the outer passengers sitting on the bench seat and the middle passenger only gets a lap belt!!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th March 2023 at 00:49.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 01:07   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
What I meant to say was, in the GX and VX 8 seater variants, the bench seat gets all three 3-point seatbelts.

Meanwhile the more expensive VX(O) makes do with two 3-point seatbelts for the outer passengers sitting on the bench seat and the middle passenger only gets a lap belt!!
Aah. Got it. My bad.
Old 5th March 2023, 01:16   #1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepkm View Post
Can any one help identify how to mute the Volume with one press / click -in the VX Hybrid models ?
Just long press the power switch on the head unit, or the mode button on the stearing wheel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks