Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2023, 22:02   #166
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar 1.5L RWD Review

Dear Friends i have booked my RWD LX on 10th Jan. Today when i enquired my dealer, they told me that BS 6.2 is rolling out and they are yet to get any official information about Thar RWD from Mahindra and more over last month my dealer did not get even a single unit of Thar RWD .

Guys please throw some lime light on this.
Old 3rd March 2023, 23:57   #167
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjeeperk View Post
Dear Friends i have booked my RWD LX on 10th Jan. Today when i enquired my dealer, they told me that BS 6.2 is rolling out and they are yet to get any official information about Thar RWD from Mahindra and more over last month my dealer did not get even a single unit of Thar RWD .
Hi, I booked a diesel lx MT on the 10 th, same as you. I got a call from the dealer that my vehicle has been invoiced and scheduled to arrive in a week,. This was on Monday. RWD deliveries are happening on a decent basis.
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 00:35   #168

Quote:
Today when i enquired my dealer, they told me that BS 6.2 is rolling out and they are yet to get any official information about Thar RWD from Mahindra and more over last month my dealer did not get even a single unit of Thar RWD.
Mahindra has already received type approval certificates for their 6.2 iteration models. They even updated their website for few models like Thar and XUV700. Very soon they'll launch 6.2 variants and we can expect billing to resume by 3rd week of March for the new variants.

Also, allocation for Thar is happening on dealer level only and not on any centralised queue at Mahindra level. So dealers may jumble the queue as per their wish. As you booked on 10th Jan, you'll have price protection anyways.
Ragu_Durai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 11:41   #169

Quote:

This doesn't seem right. I have been tracing delivery updates over groups and forums, there have been many for RWD. Infact any variant in Black is almost immediately available and Red is also available. Other colors specially the new ones (white and bronze) are not delivered yet.

Yesterday I had a conversation with a person in M&M also, he confirmed that the first white in Diesel has been billed. So I am sure we will see those one the road soon.
EcoSport_Thar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:23   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoSport_Thar View Post
This doesn't seem right. I have been tracing delivery updates over groups and forums, there have been many for RWD. Infact any variant in Black is almost immediately available and Red is also available. Other colors specially the new ones (white and bronze) are not delivered yet.

Yesterday I had a conversation with a person in M&M also, he confirmed that the first white in Diesel has been billed. So I am sure we will see those one the road soon.
Sadly Pondicherry is the odd one out itseems. The variant i booked is also LX Black
Old 5th March 2023, 03:25   #171

Quote:

There does seem to be some drought in the invoicing and allocation in the past 3-4 weeks. As mentioned, M&M might be equipping BS6.2 hardware to the already manufactured vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
RWD deliveries are happening on a decent basis.
This seems anecdotal. The numbers are below 3.5k at the moment; long way to go for the price-protected folks (those who booked on 9th and 10th Jan) to receive their vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu_Durai View Post
Also, allocation for Thar is happening on dealer level only and not on any centralised queue at Mahindra level.
As mentioned by several other folks, the status on M&M's booking management page is changing as and when the vehicles are getting invoiced. Not much room for dealerships to jumble the queue as such. Although, any delays by anyone in paperwork or collection of the vehicle would automatically enable the next person in line with the same preference (engine, transmission, colour) to put one foot through the door.

Let's hope there is some degree of ramping up by the OEM in the coming weeks with regards to manufacturing and invoicing.
ThorTheThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 14:15   #172
BHPian

Have driven my RWD D for over 2 k km in one month.

Just did a Agra- Delhi trip and the observations are as follows

Used the Cruise Control to good measure and It is a good tool for the expressways and fairly simple to use . It once failed to work after a pit stop and had to switch off remove keys twice and it started working.

FE on MID 18 kmpl - for over all Trip with some city driving with mostly sedate driving 90-100 kmph. Some spirited too and the car goes till 140-150 but above 120 it is not composed. Real world FE should be 2 kmpl less. Don’t want to do tank to tank as I just need an Idea and not exact numbers as most of us press a tad hard on the accelerator. My FE in daily City commute from home to work is 17- 17.5 on MID so even if it 13-14 in City I am not complaining and 16 on Highway realistically speaking after subtracting 2 kmpl from MID.

You keep moving up and down all the time and those sudden road dips and joints are felt badly unsettling the car and those speed/axle breakers just before the toll are best taken in 1 st gear . Rumble strips however are not felt at all even at high speeds.

Best to engage Cruise control at 97-98 to not get a speeding ticket and enjoy the drive with the feet off.

Music system does the job . Wind noise well contained till 100 but above 120 can be managed by just increasing the volume.

The same journey in a Duster is by far more comfortable and with the current suspension its not a good highway cruiser (nor was it ever intended to be one )

Briefly sat in a friend’s Gurkha with side facing seats 4x4 and it has much better ride and a much bigger cabin though the Thar is better looking both inside and out. Thar is a generation ahead if we look at interiors but the Gurkha makes for a better “family” car incase it is the only car due to more space inside and a plush ride.

Saw a beautiful Gypsy in Olive Green with copper alloys and gave the gentleman in his 60s a thumbs up on the exp way and he grinned like a child at the appreciation from a fellow motorist.

May be a Gypsy next or a Amby / Contessa revival project 😊

Sending it tomorrow to get some beautification at the Mahindra Dealer a steering wrap , scruff plates etc

Happy Motoring
Urorobo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 20:09   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheThar View Post
There does seem to be some drought in the invoicing and allocation in the past 3-4 weeks. As mentioned, M&M might be equipping BS6.2 hardware to the already manufactured vehicles.
So any vehicle invoiced is going to be BS 6.2 with a little price hike for 6.2 i think.
Old 5th March 2023, 20:47   #174

Quote:
So any vehicle invoiced is going to be BS 6.2 with a little price hike for 6.2 i think.
No. There is price protection for first 10k bookings.
jumper_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 21:51   #175

Quote:
Honestly, the way things are, M&M could do whatever the heck they wanted to (ask for hiked prices even if you're within 10k bookings), because honestly, what's stopping them or the dealer from claiming you aren't part of the protected lot? Only they actually have this information, and they've been extremely opaque about it.

Ideally, the first 10k folks should have to pay the original price, BS6.2 or not.

If anyone had such a dilemma/situation arise from their XUV700 or Scorpio N price-protected booking, request them to please shed some light on this...
Old 5th March 2023, 23:54   #176

Are there sill people on this forum who booked on 9th Jan and still clueless about the delivery. I booked RWD LX NAP BLACK on 09.01.23 at 4:45 pm, neither I can track nor have any expected date from Mahindra customer care.
Old 6th March 2023, 08:13   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeshant View Post
Are there sill people on this forum who booked on 9th Jan and still clueless about the delivery. I booked RWD LX NAP BLACK on 09.01.23 at 4:45 pm, neither I can track nor have any expected date from Mahindra customer care.
Similar situation with me. Had received a communication some time back about Feb end delivery, but nothing moving. Have resigned to waiting and watching for the moment.
Old 6th March 2023, 09:31   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Gosh , I booked on the same date but my car was in the dealership on 29 Jan despite Mahindra and Dealer being clueless initially. I wanted to change the colour but decided otherwise as i would go down on the priority list.

Not a very transparent system and I sometimes feel the waiting is just to create a hype. Lots of 4x4 were lying in the yard at least 10 plus when I did PDI.
Urorobo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:57   #179

Quote:
If you just booked online directly without dealer involvement, the updates to you will be at the mercy of Mahindra. I involved the dealer in the process and took weekly updates.
bulletfuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 21:14   #180
BHPian

Owners, I'm wondering if there is a way to add a dead pedal to MT variants.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th March 2023 at 18:58. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks