Here's my invoice breakup :

5W40 engine oil : 572.69 per litre , 3 L
oil filter : 326.87
fuel filter w/o sensor : 1629.96
air filter : 290.75

wiremesh filer ( a/c filter) : 38.77

Total : 4005.02/-

Add 13.5% VAT : 540.6/-

Other charges on parts -75/- ( Don't know what this is, forgot to ask )

Final bill=4005 + 540+75 :4620/-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note - Punto needs 3.2 L oil. I had some spare engine oil , otherwise I would have to pay for 4L instead of 3L.
I got my Fiat Punto serviced from Hyson Motors, Thrissur on 5th May 2010 (2nd Free Service).

Here is the 2nd Service Bill!

1. A/C Pollen Filter (Rs 225.53)
2. Air Filter Element DSL (Rs 224.64)
3. Engine Oil 4l (Rs 2061.71)
4. Oil FIlter (Rs 301.89)
5. Emery Paper 80 Rs 4.44 (I didn't expect that they will charge me for this! Beware, next time they might charge you for the same)

PS: The Fuel filter was not changed since the part was not available with them. We later got it changed it from Marina Motors, Calicut.

@ 12.5% VAT on parts : 352.28
@ 1 & Social Security Cess on Parts : 3.52

Overall Service Experience : 7/10

Crossed posted from my ownership thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1973784

Regards
Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 2nd August 2010 at 17:11.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:47   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody tell if it is possible to dampen the NVH because of engine sound inside Punto MJD just like we dampen the doors during ICEing?
Old 4th August 2010, 11:34   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Can anybody tell if it is possible to dampen the NVH because of engine sound inside Punto MJD just like we dampen the doors during ICEing?

Tough question, but a good one. One approach would be to use non-combustible noise insulators (now being used in some cinema theatres). I was asking my friend (who's an architect) and knows his materials well about this stuff. Trouble is, it is not exactly cheap and it's quite rigid. The other option is to use something similar to sound deadening materials being used under the bonnet of most modern cars.

While sourcing the material might be easy, finding where to put it would require a lot of thought and trial and error. I might take it up if I get the time. However, if you are driving a Punto, the noise levels come down drastically after 5-7K kilometres, after the engine is run in.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:46   #2554
Senior - BHPian

TS Punto 1.3MJD with 12500 on ODO

May be I'm not used to diesels thats why. I TD 1.3MJD last week. NVH was still high despite 12500 on the ODO. I thought may be we could have some solution for this. Thanks anyways.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:52   #2555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Tough question, but a good one. One approach would be to use non-combustible noise insulators (now being used in some cinema theatres). I was asking my friend (who's an architect) and knows his materials well about this stuff. Trouble is, it is not exactly cheap and it's quite rigid. The other option is to use something similar to sound deadening materials being used under the bonnet of most modern cars.

While sourcing the material might be easy, finding where to put it would require a lot of thought and trial and error. I might take it up if I get the time. However, if you are driving a Punto, the noise levels come down drastically after 5-7K kilometres, after the engine is run in.
Why bother with this stuff when made for purpose dampning sheets are available in the market?
Old 4th August 2010, 11:58   #2556
Senior - BHPian

Dampening sheets for engine noise?-perfect!

anshuman, can you tell where these sheets are installed. I guess in the engine bay under the bonnet and the side separating engine bay from the cabin.
Have you seen anyone try these and are these effective to some extent?
Old 4th August 2010, 20:03   #2557
BHPian

Well the rains are creating a havoc everywhere be it Mumbai or Del, and they haven't spared my Punto either. For quite so many days, I have been having a hard time opening the driver side door lock, the key just wouldn't go in and come out smoothly. It has gotten progressively bad during the intermittent rains, understandably it was the water from the rains getting inside the lock as the key used to be wet when taken out of the lock. Its been raining all day long here and I had to step out for work, staying with the trend the key just wouldn't come out once the lock had been opened, after some effort it finally did come out but along with it came the very piece of the lock in which it was inserted. Well, while it is amusing..I believe it has some serious security implications...has anyone faced this problem before ?
Old 4th August 2010, 20:52   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get hold of the parts guy at the dealership and have him check if Linea firewall uses any additional sound deadening. Same can probably installed into Punto.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:53   #2559
BHPian

b4w,

I too faced this issue and was scratching my head to fix it. My mom came to the rescue by applying coconut oil to the key and Voila! it worked :o)..
No problems what so ever then on.
Old 4th August 2010, 21:14   #2560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
b4w,

I too faced this issue and was scratching my head to fix it. My mom came to the rescue by applying coconut oil to the key and Voila! it worked :o)..
No problems what so ever then on.
You know I had the exact same idea, before I could implement it, the key came out with the lock rather the other way round. Now that wasn't a pretty sight, I am hoping it is a one off exception for Punto owners sake !
Old 4th August 2010, 21:38   #2561
Senior - BHPian

OT maybe..I have noticed a huge interest in the Punto on T-Bhp, but the sales of the same are not in tandem with the enthusiasm. I guess for the masses there is still nothing better than a Swift DDiS..is my observation correct ?

IF Fiat paid a tad more attention to detail & A.S.S. they'd have a winner in my opinion. Consider a situation where the handling of the car can change a whole scenario between accident & no accident.. I think the Fiat would sail with flying colours.

Though I have a Swift & am totally happy with that, I'd still consider the 90 HP version of the Punto & Pete box it.

Unlsesssssss the T-jet comes soon !

Cheers
Old 4th August 2010, 21:57   #2562
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Quality control and Customer care at Fiat India is a Joke. I can show current batch Punto 90HP cars with the same niggles and poor quality as my year old Punto. All they do are surveys and surveys, they annoy the customers by taking feedback at every step and do nothing about it. I have asked Fiat India not to call for feedback anymore. They don't deserve any better sales.

I went to TD the Punto 90HP. I checked 2 cars and both had same poor quality assembly and materials. The Drive experience was not much different than my Punto 75hp so i did not find it worth typing a review here. The Additional 15 Donkeys show their presence only above 3000rpm, Acceleration though better than 75hp version is nothing great. This VGT version has more turbo lag compared to FGT version.

Sourcing parts for their cars is a pain. My Friend had to wait for ages just to get a shock absorber, My key replaced under warranty after a long struggle was sourced in months. Think before you buy a Fiat.

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th August 2010 at 22:04.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:30   #2563
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mpower. Will do tomorrow when i go for PDI.

I've booked my dream car, the Grande Punto today. I've officially booked 1.4Petrol but may change to 1.3MJD by the time of delivery.
Had a TD of 1.3MJD today again. I think i'm adjusting to diesel's NVH gradually as today I didn't find it to be outrightly high.

1.2 is mouthwatering "Pin Drop Silent" inside. 1.4 lies in between 1.2 and 1.3 in terms of NVH.
I drive 700-800kms monthly. At this rate diesel would save 20k per year as well.
OTR difference between 1.4 and 1.3 is 41k for the month of August.

What's your opinion of these two final doubts i'm left with
1. The dealer had Euro3 cars till 10days back. All of a sudden, Euro IV lot has arrived. Do you think I should go ahead with June 2010 manufactured Punto or should I insist on going ahead with 2weeks booking and getting Aug manufactured Punto having latest version of Blue&Me?

2. How is NVH(noise mainly) in Punto compared with Swift, Vista, Linea and Verna?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 4th August 2010 at 23:33.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:36   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. How is NVH(noise mainly) in Punto compared with Swift, Vista, Linea and Verna?
  • Verna has the best NVH amongst the cars listed by you.
  • Linea is considerably silent compared to the Punto.
  • Swift has clatter while the Punto has boom, at highway speeds Swift is better, In city Punto has better NVH.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:47   #2565
Senior - BHPian

Ok Thanks a lot. I've to decide by tomorrow. Let me see how it goes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks