Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 18:27   #6721
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Seem to be looting the customer.

Is this quote only for parts? Any breakup for the parts, transmission oil and labour in the 9.5K?
This is inclusive of labour charges. After getting the price, I did not ask details as it was obvious that the cost is inflated.

I need to get the Clutch replaced, I need to figure out where I can get this done. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 5th May 2016, 18:31   #6722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I need to get the Clutch replaced, I need to figure out where I can get this done. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Get the part from 99rpm and take it to any reputed FNG you trust.

Also replace the transmission fluid in case it hasn't been.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:08   #6723
Senior - BHPian

Noticed this broken rubber joint today while inspecting the front suspension for squeaks.

Is this the link rod for the anti-roll bar ?

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_5605-copy.jpg

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th May 2016 at 20:24.
Old 6th May 2016, 19:03   #6724
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rear wiper problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Has anyone faced a problem with rear wipers? After a monsoon trip my rear wipers have started acting weird. When I flick rear wiper dial for a moment, I should get one rear wipe and wiper blade should return to it's rest position. In my case it continues for several wipes.

Similarly, when I do wash and wipe operation, it should do it for requisite number of times and stop. In my case the wiper wipes for 7- 8 times and stops at some random position instead of rest position.

I have shown it to Fiat and so far they have replaced wiper motor, relay, wiper stalk (in that sequence) with no success.

Any clues?
Did you find a solution to this ? I'm facing a similar problem.

When I flick the dial I get several swipes and the stalk stops midway through.

At times the rear wiper doesn't work when I swipe the dial.
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:49   #6725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
I have finalized to utilize Pro 10 Oil Booster and Abro Premium Oil Treatment along with Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 or Mobil 1 Delvac Full Synth for my MJD engine that has run 36.5k on odometer.
I have been using this combination of Shell Helix and Abro OT 511 and find the engine running tad smoother, free revving (Synth Oil of-course), cold start has a muted thrum compared to the pretty audible clatter.

Observations in this oil + additive combination:
1. Oil pressure light goes off earlier than when using Selenia 5W40 Semisynth engine oil.
2. Engine is free revving
3. Additive and oil have mixed now thoroughly.
4. Lesser clatter during cold starts.
5. Gearshifts in higher RPM have become a breeze. 3K rpm is the norm now.
6. At 1500 RPM cruising in 60KPH, the engine is silent.

Recommend people to try this combination.
Old 30th May 2016, 16:32   #6726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
My Punto 75HP MJD is around six years and close to one lakh Kms old... turbo spools a little later than it used to be... I feel a small jerk sometimes when the car touches around 2000 rpm as well, but not always. The turbo kick starts after 2400-2500 rpm range. So in the highway runs, the issue is not affecting me at all.

First of all, could there be any issue at all? If yes, what could that be? If at all there is indeed some power loss issue and the turbo is clogged or something, is there a way to clean it or something? My (independent garage) mechanic said maintaining a turbo is not possible, you will have to replace it.

... I found that the coolant level was less than 10% and the oil level was just about minimum level. I then topped up both and then drove 1200 Kms non-stop again. Although the oil level has not reduced that much, the coolant has come down to mid min-max level... There is no visible leakages - neither the oil, nor the coolant.
Quote:
Thanks for the inputs! The EGR was cleaned in the last service (90K Kms) at the independent garage and it was indeed clogged. The other thing I have noticed is that there is a lot of smoke when the engine is revved above 3000 rpm or so... generally the FE figures shown by the MID is +0.5 Kmpl vs the tank-full-tank-full method. The last few times I checked, the FE shown by the MID is around -2 kmpl!
Quote:
I shall check the smoke colour in the mornings. If its blue, what kind of trouble it could be? Hope it would not be major.
A few updates from my side on these issues:

- I had checked the smoke color in the morning - in fact below 1500 RPM, there was no smoke at all. After that, it was blackish than blue.

- Checked the EGR valves, no issues there too.

- Finally took the car to a Fiat service center on Saturday. They diagnosed the issue to be a bad turbo hose. Replaced it for Rs. 1200/- plus labor.

Now the car is back to its original power and the smoke issue has been fixed too.

Thanks for all the inputs.
devansn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 16:50   #6727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Noticed this broken rubber joint today while inspecting the front suspension for squeaks.

Is this the link rod for the anti-roll bar ?
Hi,

Did you get a solution for your front suspension squeaks?
My cars suspension squeaks too, but the Service center guys claim it is normal!! Whereas I know it is not since this is a recent occurrence and I have in the past replaced the pads under waranttee.
Old 30th May 2016, 18:53   #6728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi,

My cars suspension squeaks too, but the Service center guys claim it is normal!! Whereas I know it is not since this is a recent occurrence and I have in the past replaced the pads under waranttee.
Check out the tie rods!! I had similar issue and the tie rods were the culprits.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 19:34   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Check out the tie rods!! I had similar issue and the tie rods were the culprits.
+1 , the tie rods were the culprit for me too. The squeaks would happen after about 30-40 mins of starting my car, and at times I could feel the vibration travel up through the steering column and onto the steering wheel. Changing the inner part of the tie rod should fix it, but I changed both the inner and outer parts.

I also changed the front shocks and the mounts as the car had crossed 1 lac km, but the squeaks were from the tie rod.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 30th May 2016 at 19:37.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 17:55   #6730
BHPian

Guys, I have been using Mobil 1 FS since last two service at my nearby FNG (generally at 10-12k kms) for my Punto MJD 75(currently odo at 62k). Based on these two cycles what i have observed is that after 8k kms the performance becomes a bit sluggish, even though i ensure to clean the air filter once between services and change at each service. But it looks like 10k-12k is a little too much for engine oil. I am planning to move to 5-6k interval for engine oil and oil filter change.

Can i move back to mineral oil now because using FS for such interval will be too much on the pocket. Can anybody please suggest me good mineral oil.
Old 7th June 2016, 08:08   #6731
Senior - BHPian

Yday had a scare when getting my Punto out of the parking on the way to office. The front disc brakes seem jammed and the car would not move an inch. The hand brake was in rested position, still felt the car unable to move forward. Putting the car in reverse also did not help. Finally after a few jerks the car lunged forward barely missing the car parked in the front. After a few forward and reverse movements, the car finally managed to be free. But the tyre marks across the parking slot were telling a different story altogether.

I had washed my car on Sunday and yes had cleaned the alloys. I do that every week and never had this problem occurred. Would there be any issue with the brakes per say? I have a annual service schedule approaching on 16th June. What do I need to get checked regarding the brakes then??
Old 8th June 2016, 01:22   #6732
BHPian

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but here it goes.

My Punto is due for its 30k annual service and since Balaji Autoworld has shut shop in Thane and Navi Mumbai, I'm clueless where to take the car for its service.

Can fellow folks from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai recommend a FASS for the service? I'd appreciate that.
Old 9th June 2016, 23:30   #6733
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekE View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but here it goes.

My Punto is due for its 30k annual service and since Balaji Autoworld has shut shop in Thane and Navi Mumbai, I'm clueless where to take the car for its service.

Can fellow folks from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai recommend a FASS for the service? I'd appreciate that.

There's a new one in Panvel opened recently - Car Menders. The SA there is the same guy who worked in Balaji and before that in Fortune.

Contact him Mr. Devendra Singh on 7208511530. You can mention ref of the new Abarth that was shown to him last week.

Edit - for out of warranty cars, I serviced our old Punto at Agast Bros. in Turbhe. Contact them on 022 27832143 (ask for Shetty Anna) . They are located near Turbhe Bus depot. This was after Balaji shut shop. Decent one, allowed you to stay while car is serviced, genuine spares but slightly in a cramped location.

Last edited by blackwasp : 9th June 2016 at 23:34.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 16:01   #6734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
What do I need to get checked regarding the brakes then??
I have faced this issue earlier, this happens when the car is left idle without driving for a few days with the hand brake engaged.

The jam you were talking about is mostly the rear brakes being jammed, the drum brakes and not the disc brake, can you confirm once.

If you avoid using hand brake for long duration i think this problem will never surface again.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:50   #6735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Yday had a scare when getting my Punto out of the parking......
Is your parking surface smooth/tiled? I've had that happen once before and guess who the culprit was?

The tires had stuck to the floor like suction cups since I didn't move the car for a few days after a wash. Took a bit of side-to-side rocking motion to free them, since our parking slot isn't big enough to try revving/lunging stunts

Could also be sticky brake shoes in the rear drums. If discs were jammed, it would take a lot more than some revving to get them loose, if at all.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th June 2016 at 16:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks