Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 21:56   #6631
BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post

Thanks much, pdma. I have been through your thread. Have you visited Butta for service or have you been sticking to AV? The guy who came brought the car for Test Drive was Kiran from AV. He was patient. And he explained all things well. I hope the mechanics are knowledgeable! There being only two FIAT ASCs it is absolutely required that at least one of them has competent mechanics. Do you think AV qualifies?
Well I just went to AV today to get an issue (where my car has been pulling left) addressed and they have done the job well. I got the first free service (5000km) done at Butta and I have received good service from them as well. Since my car is just a few months old on the roads and only has about 8500 km on the Odo I did not encounter any issues which would have tested the knowledge levels of the folks at work in these service stations. However from my interaction with many FIAT owners from Hyderabad (we have a whats app group) I can tell you that everyone recently has experienced good customer service from both the centers and most of them also commented on the improved service @ FASS - Hyderabad.

Also I came to know today about a promotion going on for cars sold in July where FIAT is offering complete free service (Including Labour + Consumables) for 3years - 45K Km's which would definitely be a good deal.

PS : Today's experience at AV has been updated thoroughly on my ownership thread, similarly the experience at Butta too has been documented in detail in my earlier posts on the same thread.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 15:13   #6632
BHPian

Folks - Today while driving in the morning, I switched on the AC and saw some fumes from the air vents. I immediately switched off the AC. Apart from this I did not notice anything else abnormal and the car was behaving normal with no warning lights etc.

Please let me know what the reason might be.
Old 29th July 2015, 15:44   #6633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Folks - Today while driving in the morning, I switched on the AC and saw some fumes from the air vents. I immediately switched off the AC. Apart from this I did not notice anything else abnormal and the car was behaving normal with no warning lights etc.

Nothing to worry dear. This is quite normal in the rainy season. When the moisture content in the air is very high most of the vapour condenses while passing over the evaporator or cooling coil, which is later drained out as AC water. But some vapour does manage to pass on through the AC vents into the cabin. This is what you are referring to as fumes. So just chill and enjoy these fumes in rainy season.
Old 29th July 2015, 15:48   #6634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

I believe there's nothing to fume from above the blower section. Does this fume smelled burnt? Or it is a dust smell? Get your ac pollen filter checked, may be it got dusty and sudden blow of air might have sent dust into ac vents. It is easy to open and clean/replace it if you have the right tools.
Old 1st August 2015, 22:04   #6635
BHPian

dear friends ,
I own a fiat punto active 2010 model.It has clocked 112000 km .Recently i noticed that right rear shock absorber has leaked and needs replacement .I was thinking of going for replacing all the shocks and go for increasing the ground clearance to 185 mm .I have learnt that increase in the ground clearance has its down sides in the form of more pronounced body roll .Please enlighten on that front
yours truly
praveen singh
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:09   #6636
BHPian

Friends, Had an issue with Extended Warranty not being updated on Vecto motors (BLR) system. Got that done through Dyanand (He rocks, thanks for the excellent work done).
Just got the clutch replace, gearing is smooth and slots well, much better pickup and the car drives well. Cost - 7 odd K.
In the coming weeks will have the AC compressor replaced under extended warranty.
Old 5th August 2015, 16:37   #6637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Nothing to worry dear. This is quite normal in the rainy season. When the moisture content in the air is very high most of the vapour condenses while passing over the evaporator or cooling coil, which is later drained out as AC water. But some vapour does manage to pass on through the AC vents into the cabin. This is what you are referring to as fumes. So just chill and enjoy these fumes in rainy season.
Ok I think this might be the case as the fume was white in color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
I believe there's nothing to fume from above the blower section. Does this fume smelled burnt? Or it is a dust smell? Get your ac pollen filter checked, may be it got dusty and sudden blow of air might have sent dust into ac vents. It is easy to open and clean/replace it if you have the right tools.
No I did not smell anything burnt. It was a white fume and it definitely was not the dust.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:06   #6638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
dear friends ,
I own a fiat punto active 2010 model.It has clocked 112000 km .Recently i noticed that right rear shock absorber has leaked and needs replacement .I was thinking of going for replacing all the shocks and go for increasing the ground clearance to 185 mm .I have learnt that increase in the ground clearance has its down sides in the form of more pronounced body roll .Please enlighten on that front
yours truly
praveen singh
Hi, we have a 2009 model. We had the front suspension changed. That contributed to the increased GC. The rear unit is same. There is no body roll or any difference what so ever.
One might feel that the suspension feels a bit softer but it's just because of more GC . Tackling speed breakers has become more easy.

If you have the 1.2 like us, you will get a SUV like 200mm GC! If you want I can find out and post the picture of the improved GC
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 17:51   #6639
Senior - BHPian

What's the purpose of this tube under the fuel cap ? Is it to drain excess spilled fuel ?

The other end of the tube has come out loose next to the rear wheel arch and was making a noise while driving. Where should the other end go to ? I have a long drive planned - can I pull it out completely and get it fixed at the ASC after a few days ?

EDIT : found some details in this thread
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20150806_171850.jpg  

Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review-img_20150806_171920.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 6th August 2015 at 18:09.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:35   #6640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
What's the purpose of this tube under the fuel cap ? Is it to drain excess spilled fuel ?

The other end of the tube has come out loose next to the rear wheel arch and was making a noise while driving. Where should the other end go to ? I have a long drive planned - can I pull it out completely and get it fixed at the ASC after a few days ?

EDIT : found some details in this thread

Yes, to drain fuel and more importantly, rain water. The pipe is tethered neatly inside. Maybe a clip is missing..?
carrerastrax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:19   #6641
Senior - BHPian

A few queries:

Has any one done the Fuel sump cleaning? Is it required? I feel the contaminants in the fuel get settled down at the lowest point but FASS does not do the sump cleaning? Is there a filter immediately after the filling point? I know there is a fuel filter which traps the suspensions before entering the fuel manifold on the engine.
Old 7th August 2015, 12:08   #6642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Yes, to drain fuel and more importantly, rain water. The pipe is tethered neatly inside. Maybe a clip is missing..?
I had a close look underneath the wheel arch and the pipe came out of a guided slot. I just pushed it back in , and it looks good now .
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 15:52   #6643
BHPian

Hi
I am facing problem with uneven wear of my rear tyres wherein they are wearing out faster on the outer side. Last year when this problem first showed up, I visited my tyre shop and he told me that I had a rear shocker leakage. I got that replaced under warranty but the rear 2 tyres had taken a sever beating and as a result 2 out of 4 Yokohamas which were put in at 53k mileage had to be replaced at about 87k. I put in 2 Michelin in front and brought the front 2 yokohamas at the back. They checked my alignment thoroughly and said its fine and I shall not see uneven wear in future.

Now these at the rear again started wearing out faster on the outerside. I asked torque fiat in Gurgaon during my 2-3 visits last month - for various reasons, to check this out. The mechanic checked the alignment and said it can be corrected by inserting "sim". Upon being allowed to do so, he put the car on the hydraulic lifts and then banged the (I don't know how to describe it correctly technically) wheel drums/casing which has the bolts that take the tires and put in a small washer like thing there. I told him if he had to do this, he should put it on the lower 2 bolts instead of upper 2 as putting on upper side will push the tyres outside on top side, meaning pushing the tyre inside on lower side and accordingly wear them faster on outer side (I hope I making it understandable). But he wouldn't listen and having planted 2 sims on top side on each tyre, he checked alignment again and realised it didn't make any difference. He then told me that it must be a bend in dead axle. He also told me that dead axle can't be repaired and will have to replaced. It costs about 25k.
During last weekend, I got the side changed for these rear 2 tyres as I found them wearing out much faster (perhaps thanks to these " sims" ) and hoping for them to last another 10k (currently at 98k). I went to torque for getting brakes checked and I discussed this uneven wear again. The guy told me to check out mayapuri market where one can get it repaired or maybe I can find dead axle for about 4-5k.
I need advise and views from members on how I should get this issue sorted out most economically? Should I get to ask this guy to put those "sims" on the bottom bolts which I feel can adjust for the bend? Can someone repair the bend and calibrate them for accuracy?
Thanks in advance. (Will thank later too)

Last edited by modisan : 9th August 2015 at 15:56.
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:57   #6644
Senior - BHPian

FIAT India check-up camp from Oct 5-10. I booked an appointment on 6th at Vecto.

http://www.oncars.in/car-news/fiat-c...alerships/8088
Old 7th October 2015, 13:16   #6645
Senior - BHPian

Visited Vecto Motors yesterday @9-30 am for the FIAT check-up camp. They did a wash and a standard check-up. Replaced the air filter and got the rear wash fixed. The rear wash plumbing pipe next to the strut mount had come loose and they attached it back.

Purchased some spare fuses for an upcoming long drive. I wanted to purchase 1 litre of engine oil, but they've stopped stocking 1L Selenia cans. They had only barrels, so did not buy any engine oil.

The service camps are overall useful for a basic check-up and fixing minor problems that crop up between the regular services. There were Fiats all over the place for the camp, as the SA told me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks