Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2015, 22:26   #6661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto : Test Drive & Review

Today morning I got a "Check glow plug" message on the MID, is it possible that something could be wrong with the glow plug or is it something like the ABS warning that pops up when the battery goes low. The car is Feb2011 MJD, 89300 kms on the odo as of today. 90k/1 year service is booked on 21st. The car has a usual routine of four 1.8km runs, the engine runs cold for 5 days a week, this was the case for the last 18 months and the batter is more than 2 years old. I do highway trips quite frequently, hence a 18k per annum average running so far.

Does anyone know if glow plug replacement is the required fix?
Old 6th December 2015, 23:01   #6662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Today morning I got a "Check glow plug" message on the MID, is it possible that something could be wrong with the glow plug or is it something like the ABS warning that pops up when the battery goes low. The car is Feb2011 MJD, 89300 kms on the odo as of today. 90k/1 year service is booked on 21st. The car has a usual routine of four 1.8km runs, the engine runs cold for 5 days a week, this was the case for the last 18 months and the batter is more than 2 years old. I do highway trips quite frequently, hence a 18k per annum average running so far.

Does anyone know if glow plug replacement is the required fix?
I am not sure if the check glow plug message is because of weak battery. But if your battery is indeed weak, you should be getting some other signs too like, slow cranking, multiple cranks required to start the car etc. Are you getting any of these?

My battery is slightly over two years old and I am having these symptoms of late. A couple of times observed that the car did not start in single when the headlights were on. But never got the glow bulb or ABS message.
Old 16th December 2015, 18:50   #6663
BHPian

At 32k~ in Odo i got rid of my worn out GOOD YEAR GT3 and opted for Michelin Primacy Silent Tune3 for My 2012 GP MJD. The spec i opted for was 195/65/R15. I have stock alloys.

I was falling a lot for the 205 rubber but did not have the guts to go for it.

200 Km Review:
1. Vehicle drives absolutely silent.
2. 5 mm height increase visually gives a perception of being slightly taller.
3. Smoothness guaranteed in high speeds and lesser rolling resistance.
4. 3 year manufacturer warranty. yet to receive SMS.
5. Wheel arches filled up well.
6. Engine note heard clearly due to silent drive.
Cost:
1. 6300 Rupees per tire.
2. Worth for Punto and compliments the alloy well.

Reliability: Yet to experience it.. Hopefully expect another 60K in this set of Primacy.
sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:50   #6664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I am not sure if the check glow plug message is because of weak battery. But if your battery is indeed weak, you should be getting some other signs too like, slow cranking, multiple cranks required to start the car etc. Are you getting any of these?

My battery is slightly over two years old and I am having these symptoms of late. A couple of times observed that the car did not start in single when the headlights were on. But never got the glow bulb or ABS message.
The car went for 90k service on Monday and the glow plugs had to be changed, the part cost 917/-. There was no issue with cranking/battery , the SA said that it works fine even if the plug is working only for one cylinder. It's like a bulb, you can't predict when it'll go out.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:18   #6665
BHPian

Fiat Pandit Auto Pune - Sales and Service closed

I was planning to take my Punto for Service. As usual called up Pandit Auto's Bavdhan centre. No response. Tried another number - same! I wondered if they are on a week long holiday.

Then fearing worst, I checked Fiat India website and confirmed that Pandit Auto does not feature in the authorized sales and Service.
I checked with Sales Advisor offline and he confirmed that Pandit Fiat Sales and Service has shut down.

Now, all we have is - Sky Moto in Akurdi and Jay-Vijay motors Shivaji Nagar.

Has anyone recently serviced their vehicle from Jay Vijay? How was the experience?
Old 24th December 2015, 12:20   #6666
BHPian

Re: Fiat Pandit Auto Pune - Sales and Service closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I was planning to take my Punto for Service. As usual called up Pandit Auto's Bavdhan centre. No response. Tried another number - same! I wondered if they are on a week long holiday.

Then fearing worst, I checked Fiat India website and confirmed that Pandit Auto does not feature in the authorized sales and Service.
I checked with Sales Advisor offline and he confirmed that Pandit Fiat Sales and Service has shut down.

Now, all we have is - Sky Moto in Akurdi and Jay-Vijay motors Shivaji Nagar.

Has anyone recently serviced their vehicle from Jay Vijay? How was the experience?
I got my Linea serviced from JayVijay in November. They are OK. I dont see any reason to avoid them.
Old 24th December 2015, 17:30   #6667
mo1
BHPian

Re: Fiat Pandit Auto Pune - Sales and Service closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan0677 View Post
I got my Linea serviced from JayVijay in November. They are OK. I dont see any reason to avoid them.
Exactly same opinion!
Just one thing - They did some kind of coating on engine, which the SA did not inform me in advance. Other than that, it was all okay.
Old 20th January 2016, 14:15   #6668
BHPian

Guys,

My Punto 1.3 dynamic had a engine oil leak and it is also due for 4th service, so left it with RDC Motors in Chennai 15 days back. After leaving the vehicle for service the vehicle called me back and said the issue was with O rings and it will changed under warranty, as I changed the oil cooler in November.

Its been more than 15 days and I'm not getting proper response from RDC. Sometimes they say the work is going on and when I contact their customer care number they say they are waiting for warranty approval.

I'm not very sure if Fiat is going to take 15 days to approve the warrant for a part that was changed a month back.

These RDC guys are really a pain, can anyone please tell me how get the work done and get my car delivered?

Thanks,
Sridhar
Old 29th January 2016, 15:54   #6669
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am facing "Steering Pull" issue on my Punto 90Hp from Day 1. It's behavior is like this, the Steering pulls itself to the right side, I have to keep my hand always on the steering to make sure it is straight. It is worse if the road is tilted towards the right side, like the tin factory to kr puram station road in Bangalore.

I tried alignment at showroom, then steering became weird, while breaking the steering would veer to right and had no life at all.

I recently did an alignment @ Madhu's Langford Rd. All parameters were Green, tyre rotation done, balancing done. After the alignment, it felt like car is set to factory settings & the steering veers itself towards the right.

My Observations (May be way wrong!):

I am a rightie, I hold my steering with my right hand (most of the times) & left hand is busy with gear (thanks to BLR traffic), my right hand will be busy to counter the steering's push towards the right.

If I drive with left hand, I see that the steering is always aligned and not putting any pressure on my left hand. What I mean is, by holding the steering with left hand countered steering's right pull! Can the alignment be done to comfort the driver of left hand driven cars (i.e. car is comfortable to drive with left hand but not right)? Were the alignment machines optimized for LHD cars? I see HUNTER equipment @ Madhu's had LHD settings to it.

Gurus please comment, all my tries to fix alignment have failed & I have learned to live with it.
Old 29th January 2016, 16:26   #6670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Horses View Post
Hey Guys,

I am facing "Steering Pull" issue on my Punto 90Hp from Day 1. It's behavior is like this, the Steering pulls itself to the right side, I have to keep my hand always on the steering to make sure it is straight. It is worse if the road is tilted towards the right side, like the tin factory to kr puram station road in Bangalore.
How old are your tyres? I have similar experience in my car, my car veers towards the left.

My tires are at the end of its life. My local tyre shop diagnosed this behavior to the state of the tyres and advised me to change all 4 tyres.

Regards
Old 29th January 2016, 16:51   #6671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
How old are your tyres?
My tyres are 29K kms old, i think it's okay by looking at its mileage. But while balancing, one of the tyre had a bad number for RoadForce which was 120NM. This number should be <80NM, they tried to fix it by rotating the tyre over the alloy wheel, but they couldn't fix it. They suggested me to use this tyre for the back wheels.
Old 29th January 2016, 18:47   #6672
Senior - BHPian

As far as I have seen, all fiat's pull to the left. This is probably a part of their DNA.

My gtx pulls to the left, till date.
It reduced when I changed tyres, but it became negligible after I changed the lower arms. Though lower arms were changed for they had ran out of life, replacing them also reduced the left pull to a great extent.
It still pulls to the left though, but very slightly.

When the pull to the left gets severe, get it checked.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:36   #6673
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have a query, request your inputs.

Recently a person on the bike hit the front of Punto Dynamic owned by my BIL and the he managed to damage the front bumper and there is a visible crack on the bumper.

In order to replace the front bumper, is it suggested to buy the OE genuine bumper through online portal such as 99rpm and then get it fixed at any FNG. Below is the link of the product from 99rpm.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/bumper-fro...ustomization=1

As I remember, there is only damage to the bumper and not to the central grill, cross rail etc (I mentioned this since, 99rpm is selling it as separate parts).

Further, what would be the cost of replacing bumper in the FIAT A.S.S. Does the bumper come in white colour (his car colour is white).

Just to add, he bought this Punto from his friend and this accident happened before transfer of ownership & insurance. So, I guess he will not be able to claim insurance on this replacement. Hence looking for other options.

Regards,
KK
Old 4th February 2016, 20:09   #6674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Further, what would be the cost of replacing bumper in the FIAT A.S.S. Does the bumper come in white colour (his car colour is white).
The bumper comes only in black colour and needs to be painted to match the car's colour. In this case white. The cost of the bumper is 4K and painting charges is 4K so a total of 8K.

Is the damage that great which warrants for the change of bumper? Is its small crack and can be lived with, its better off not to change the bumper.

Since the Insurance is yet to be transferred, you can ask your BIL to check with his friend if he is Ok to claim the repairs. The thing which you need to inform that gentleman in advance is he will lose the NCB.
Old 4th February 2016, 21:23   #6675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Is the damage that great which warrants for the change of bumper? Is its small crack and can be lived with, its better off not to change the bumper.

Since the Insurance is yet to be transferred, you can ask your BIL to check with his friend if he is Ok to claim the repairs. The thing which you need to inform that gentleman in advance is he will lose the NCB.

Thanks ghodlur for your replies.

Have one more question. Is it a good idea to get bumper through 99rpm.com, since they are selling Fiat OE bumper. I thought this would work out cheaper than the A.S.S.

Crack is quite visible and it almost cuts the bumper vertically from top till the bottom.

I thought of getting insurance claim in his friends name, but he is currently out of country on a long deputation. So, can't manage this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks