Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 20:43   #1666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_DRIFTER View Post
Absolutely correct, according to my experience Rapid and Verna are not spacious even if comapred to the Manza.
The fact that I am spoiled for space, is the Manza itself. So now it is very difficult to let go on the space.

Quote:
Yes, I bargained a good deal by buying the Manza at 1.4l but had to do an engine overhaul soon after buying!! It made the car cost around 2.1l.
Even at 2.1 L, your Manza is a good deal. I, on the other hand, have no choice but to replace it, for the gas guzzling monster it has now become.

Quote:
60k is way too less for a Petrol Manza. And I don't think selling your car to Cars24 would give a good price to you. They had quoted just 45k for my Alto which I sold for nearly double the price.
Cars 24 in fact quoted 52k which even I think is too less. Now looking for an exchange bonus + decent price at the car dealership itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Have a look at pre-owned Corolla's & Elantras as well as the Creta & Seltos as new options.
Understand pre-owned Corolla or Elantra will be a good upgrade and possibly be available in my budget, but even after reading all the info and discussions on this forum, I neither have the expertise nor could I muster enough courage to go for pre-owned cars. So I prefer to choose safe (as it can be with a new car) than unknown, even if that means I remain a segment or two below.

Creta and Seltos are an option but that will mean stretching the budget a bit for the variants I like.

Quote:
If buying new, check if the dealers have any lucrative exchange offers. The exchange offer may offset the dismal quotes dealers generally give, and save you the headache of selling the vehicle yourself.
Thanks, I agree that along with saving the headache of selling the vehicle myself, exchange bonus from dealers along with the decent price (depends on what they offer) will definitely be better than Cars 24. They quoted 52k at Cars 24, much below my expectation.

Last edited by ampere : 31st December 2019 at 22:21. Reason: back to back posts merged
chaturgaurav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 15:36   #1667
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaturgaurav View Post

Understand pre-owned Corolla or Elantra will be a good upgrade and possibly be available in my budget, but even after reading all the info and discussions on this forum, I neither have the expertise nor could I muster enough courage to go for pre-owned cars. So I prefer to choose safe (as it can be with a new car) than unknown, even if that means I remain a segment or two below.
Fair enough - but I would urge you to reconsider the above simply because you can get an example with a valid manufacturer warranty with low mileage within budget.
More often than not, the warranty can be extended by a further few years for peace of mind, and the car would have all services and work carried out by the manufacturer only (to avoid voiding warranty), so all records and issues should be in place cutting down the risk severely.
Lastly, the Corolla in particular is inherently a very reliable and abuse friendly vehicle as most Toyotas.

These however are just my thoughts. My friend is in a similar situation where he is considering upgrading from his 2011/12 Manza QJD EXL which has done 1+ lakh kms with a budget of 10L.
He too is averse to pre-owned cars as he doesn't have the technical expertise, but everything said and done - there are a few cars that can meet a Manza Owner's requirements for an upgrade.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 17:26   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
...mileage went for a toss almost immediately after I bought it. So much so that it has started to return about 5 kmpl now....
I own Indica Xeta 1.4. I normally get around 9-11 kmpl in city and around 11-14 kmpl on highways. Sometimes if I get a good stretch and driven sensibly about 16kmpl. This with a Tata engine.

I think Manza came with Fiat engines only for petrol which were more frugal.

There was a time, when the car's fuel consumption increased beyond limit and it struggled to cross 10kmpl even on highways. I went to local mechanic and changed the spark plugs and the connecting cables and the fuel consumption improved and almost back to what it was.

Quote:
Appreciate if you guys can throw light on my considerations below:
- A car that provides me with space not less than Manza. With the family, space cannot be compromised.
Regarding rear seat space, the only cars can be compared to Manza are Mahindra Verito, Toyota Etios and Nissan Sunny. But, in my opinion, all these 3 cars are not desirable.

Looks like Tata has launched Zest Premio. Zest also has a decent rear seat space.

Others have already mentioned other cars.

Quote:
... but have been advised locally to expect around 60 K max...
60K to 85K is what I would expect you to get for your Manza. So, it is better if you could look at exchange offers when you buy a new car.

Also there are good deals on BS4 cars going on now.

Last edited by drsk : 4th January 2020 at 17:27. Reason: Adding one more point
drsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 12:43   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Fair enough - but I would urge you to reconsider the above simply because you can get an example with a valid manufacturer warranty with low mileage within budget....
This does makes sense. Although it will be an uphill task to convince myself to go for pre-owned cars, I am now actually considering looking at Authorized Toyota Pre-owned car sellers. Will see if I can find one there, for myself.
Old 7th January 2020, 12:12   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post

There was a time, when the car's fuel consumption increased beyond limit and it struggled to cross 10kmpl even on highways. I went to local mechanic and changed the spark plugs and the connecting cables and the fuel consumption improved and almost back to what it was.
Yes, Manza is indeed fitted with the Fiat engine but it ain't anywhere near frugal.

I did get the spark plugs and connecting cables changed, but not respite yet.

Quote:
Regarding rear seat space, the only cars can be compared to Manza are Mahindra Verito, Toyota Etios and Nissan Sunny. But, in my opinion, all these 3 cars are not desirable.

Looks like Tata has launched Zest Premio. Zest also has a decent rear seat space.

Others have already mentioned other cars.
You are right, neither Verito nor Etios or Sunny are desirable. Zest/ premio could be an option but first I would like to avoid Tata given my ASS experience and second I will preferably go for a 4+ meters car (kids are growing).

Looked at Skoda Rapid, which I found constrained for space. Now looking at Honda City and Ciaz.

Quote:
60K to 85K is what I would expect you to get for your Manza. So, it is better if you could look at exchange offers when you buy a new car.

Also there are good deals on BS4 cars going on now.
I am still looking for a good exchange offer and most likely will go for the dealership exchange only.

Unfortunately, did not get any other good discount offers from Honda or Maruti yet. They claim not to have any BS4 cars left in stock anymore.
Old 8th January 2020, 23:22   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
... Zest/ premio could be an option but first I would like to avoid Tata given my ASS experience and second I will preferably go for a 4+ meters car (kids are growing).
Quality of ASS is mostly dependent on the local dealer. If you have had bad experiences then its better to avoid.

Quote:
Looked at Skoda Rapid, which I found constrained for space. Now looking at Honda City and Ciaz.
The below link tells that there are still some discounts for Ciaz and City.
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....=list&Itemid=9

Quote:
Maruti Ciaz BS4 Petrol MY 2019 Upto Rs 70K Benefits at Nexa Dealer End
Maruti Ciaz 1.5 Diesel MY 2019 Upto Rs 1.1 Lakh Benefits at Nexa Dealer End

Btw ... if you are not fixed with sedans, you could also look at mid-variants of Seltos or Creta.

PS: If you want to re-consider Tata, Nexon is a very good proposition too! And Zest, though a 4m sedan, has a spacious rear. One of the few cars in the market that can seat 5 people comfortably. (I still have some soft spot for Tata )
drsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 19:52   #1672
BHPian

Quote:

Diesel Manzas also came with the Fiat engine. Under the Fiat Quadrajet name. That's a gem.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 20:03   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
The below link tells that there are still some discounts for Ciaz and City.
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....=list&Itemid=9

Btw ... if you are not fixed with sedans, you could also look at mid-variants of Seltos or Creta.

PS: If you want to re-consider Tata, Nexon is a very good proposition too! And Zest, though a 4m sedan, has a spacious rear. One of the few cars in the market that can seat 5 people comfortably. (I still have some soft spot for Tata )
Thanks the info. The website lists discounts in Delhi/NCR. I am in Mumbai. Also, the Honda and Nexa dealers I contacted says there are no 2019 cars left with them. So, no luck with discounts yet.

The variants of Creta and Seltos I fancy are out of budget.

Owning at Tata myself, I too have a soft corner for them but my experience with them is not exactly encouraging. Also, their ASS and delerships are not helping in creating a good name either https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...r-chennai.html

Unconventional looks of Nexon are a different thing altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilp View Post
Diesel Manzas also came with the Fiat engine. Under the Fiat Quadrajet name. That's a gem.
That's absolutely correct. But, same cannot be said about the Fiat sourced Safire petrol engine. Only problem with the otherwise fantastic car.

I made the mistake of buying one with the petrol engine.

Last edited by chaturgaurav : 11th January 2020 at 20:28. Reason: Adding additional quotes
Old 11th January 2020, 20:45   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I made the mistake of buying one with the petrol engine.
What's wrong with it? I've been recommending the petrol Vista/Manza to my brother-in-law, thinking that being a petrol, they'd be reliable even if bought used. Is it unreliable?
Old 11th January 2020, 21:19   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
What's wrong with it? I've been recommending the petrol Vista/Manza to my brother-in-law, thinking that being a petrol, they'd be reliable even if bought used. Is it unreliable?
Manza is a quite heavy car and the 89 bhp petrol does not seem to be enough to pull the car efficiently. In turn consumes loads of petrol. At least for me it has become a drag now. I am getting about 5 kmpl during daily city drive in Mumbai.

Also, over a period of 9 years of my Manza ownership, I have seldom come across many Petrol Manzas. That should say something about the popular choices (most likely the right one also).

If your BIL has good enough daily/ monthly running, he can go for well maintained Diesel Manza blindfolded. That is my recommendation.
chaturgaurav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 09:01   #1676
BHPian

Quote:

If your BIL has good enough daily/ monthly running, he can go for well maintained Diesel Manza blindfolded. That is my recommendation.
Considering the literally throw away prices that you can get a good condition diesel Manza for now, it'll be better for the OP's relative to go for that instead of the petrol even if the running is low. It'll still have many years of useable life left. It'll not cost too much more than a petrol equivalent either.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 09:42   #1677
BANNED

Own a Manza, probably first one on this forum. Been a decade. Petrol. The old war horse is still going strong.
vjoy3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 11:28   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Own a Manza, probably first one on this forum. Been a decade. Petrol. The old war horse is still going strong.
What's the fuel mileage you get out of it? I have always had a soft spot for the Manza/Vista.
Old 15th January 2020, 17:21   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
What's the fuel mileage you get out of it? I have always had a soft spot for the Manza/Vista.
Petrol Manza had a very low FE.
I guess he might be getting around 8-12 kmpl if the car is neatly maintained.
When I was going to buy the Manza, I saw many Petrols that had around 14-15 kmpl on MID and that was interesting since the claimed FE of Petrol Manza itself was less than 15 kmpl !!
Old 29th January 2020, 23:08   #1680
BHPian

Quote:

I am still looking for a good exchange offer and most likely will go for the dealership exchange only.

Unfortunately, did not get any other good discount offers from Honda or Maruti yet. They claim not to have any BS4 cars left in stock anymore.
Did you finalise on any car? Which one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks