Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th May 2018, 09:54   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Battery Query : Manza Quadrajet ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Experts / experienced hands / knowledgeable folks may please chip in.

Cheers !
Go for it eyes closed. Nothing is going to happen to your alternator/car/battery. I've done the same practically in my every car (P/D). All it would translate to a longer time for battery to get fully charged.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 23:10   #1652
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

I just bought a TATA Manza Elan 2011, and it's still the most VFM used car in the market IMHO.

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20190315224542__01.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20190315224554__01.jpg

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20190315224602__01.jpg

I was in need of a car, though I wanted my next new car to be an EV, this was unavoidable of sorts and thus begin the ordeal and I checked a lot of options for almost a month including new and used.
I was inclined towards petrol as the running would be less than 6k kms annually and intra-city only.

I was absolutely frustrated by the unreasonable used car prices. So, a new car looked like the only logical option.

While checking the new ones I was most disappointed by Maruti Suzuki and it's offerings specially the Swift. Suzuki in Swift LXi at ₹6L won't even provide front power windows whereas in it's sibling the Baleno for another 20k you get a better and bigger car, a lot more features and front two power windows as well.

Baleno at around ₹6.20L further complicated the puzzle which already had the new Wagon R VXi (O) at around ₹5.7L Vxi (O) 1.2 at ₹5.95L, Celerio X ZXi at around ₹5.10L and Swift LXi at around ₹6L & Vxi at ₹6.83L, it was only a matter of time till Hyundai i20 era jumped in to complicate things more, finally the Honda Amaze E at ₹6.80L with better safety and features (including isofix seats and all 4 power windows in the base variant) made them all look expensive and unworthy. But, those auto locking doors, internally adjustable ORVM and other essential features in the Honda Amaze S made it worth the extra money.

Finally when I'd made up my mind to book the Honda Amaze S after more than month of checking tons of used cars and considering every new car offered out there from ₹4L to ₹8L the TATA Manza Elan arrived with a big smile on it's face and saved me. How much did it cost? Just ₹1.32L and it is equipped with airbags and ABS as well. It's cheap to maintain, parts are available easily and has the reliable 1.3L MJD aka the national engine.

It has run 92k kms and would require a clutch overhaul, probably a new timing chain and new tyres. Took it for a quick service first up, replaced the engine oil, coolant and filters and took it for a longish drive. It didn't disappoint a bit. Came home happy and without breaking the bank. Hope it will last for another 3-4 years and 20k - 30k kms, hopefully by that time the EVs will become main stream and that would be a worthy and realistic upgrade. So, this decision also helped me in postponing all my future new car purchases till then.

Also, it was kind of frustrating to see how car dealers quote higher prices on OLX anywhere from ₹50k to ₹1L just to manipulate the market, because of their high prices the private listings are posted for unreal amounts too. People are expecting way too much for their used cars just because of OLX, their cars either don't sell for that price for a long time or don't sell at all. In the end they end up selling their cars to the dealers out of frustration for much less than what they could have with realistic pricing. Whereas the dealers are quick to cut off about ₹50k easily without too much negotiations. Futher, platforms like Car24 have contributed heavily in the rise of used car prices.

Last edited by wrongturn : 15th March 2019 at 23:21.
wrongturn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 23:25   #1653
BHPian

Wrong turn, this is the right turn. Amazing price for this awesome car 😀 I used to own one and trust me, not 20 or 30 k you can run for another lakh KMS !! Marvelous find !! Treasure it
power ranger is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 23:40   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Marvelous find !! Treasure it
Thanks, that is very reassuring Power Ranger I definitely will take good care of it.

As the Zordon used to say "and may the power protect you"
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 10:54   #1655
BHPian

As for the clutch, it may cost around Rs.8,000.00 including parts and labour charges.

Timing chain doesn't need replacement until 1,20,000 km if it is already replaced at 60,000 km. Check about it at an authorized service station and you would know whether it was replaced as per schedule.

Higher rated battery can be installed if space permits. Manza diesel can be fitted with 80 AH battery as far as I know.

As for the engine, the 1.3 MJD can last up to several lakh km if maintained properly. We were used to the 75 BHP engines in Site, Vista and Swift but the 90 HP one pulls better. I happened to drive a Manza diesel for 70 km and felt it was quite good. That drive influenced me to buy a Zest with 90 hp diesel in 2014.

Last edited by simplyself : 16th March 2019 at 10:58.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote