Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2014, 12:11   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

This was a car that should have turned the fortunes of Tata.
It did. But for a short and unsustainable period.

Now with the Zest coming across as a great VFM, seems that the Manza will face its most severe test from its smaller sibling.

@Shashi,
You Manza looks loved and cared for and does not show that it has clocked the 45K kms!!

Space and FE wise, Manza was a fantastic buy and would/should have been a better buy any day in comparison to the Fiestas/Classics or even the Dzires.
arnabchak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 15:36   #1502
BHPian

Its official.

Some Bikers are Maniacs.

ON 05th of May,2014, A biker jumped a signal , dashed my father and ran away. (with God's grace, dad has recovered from internal head injury now. We had a very nervous 2 weeks at the hospital. He is yet to recover from the leg fracture though)

Yesterday , while on my way back home after office , a maniac goonda biker dangerously swerving to the right & left of my car, broke my left Orvm and ran away.

Heart in my mouth , next moment i realize he broke the left orvm and ran away in a very very dangerous way putting his and many other people's life at risk.

Talk about classless people .........

I was so livid but could do nothing.

To calm myself down i told to myself 'anyways that ORVM was half broke already and had lot of play and vibration & you were going to replace it as is'
]
Took the car to concorde worli in the morning , the cost of the complete ORVM assembly is Just RS 800 something and ready in stock.

But this was not enough, I also wanted to get the suspensions attended to as i could feel a difference in the ride quality in last few kms .
Every S A was unusually busy today (due to zest training) and i was told that it would be difficult to attend the suspension without an appointment .
After a brief 5 second talk to 1 of the seniors - Mr Loheeth
(had to tell him that i am a teambhp member .. sorry but i had to),
i was allotted a S A in minutes (Mr Abdul).
He noted down my complain along with Mr Suresh(Job Supervisor).
Somewhere inside me was aware that the suspension had problems as i was missing the ride quality of the Manza off late.

Just got a call from SA and the estimate is coming to a whopping RS 18k
(including the ORVM + painting + 2 new fog lamps +rear brake drum machining + brake pad sets etc+ many suspension related parts which S A tried to explain me on phone)

So a double shock for me of sorts.

Lets say, i am trusting these guys to be honest (going by my past experience with concorde) Will have to wait till tomorrow morning to again visit them and understand more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0298.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2014, 20:20   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
This was a car that should have turned the fortunes of Tata.
It did. But for a short and unsustainable period.

Now with the Zest coming across as a great VFM, seems that the Manza will face its most severe test from its smaller sibling.

@Shashi,
You Manza looks loved and cared for and does not show that it has clocked the 45K kms!!

Space and FE wise, Manza was a fantastic buy and would/should have been a better buy any day in comparison to the Fiestas/Classics or even the Dzires.
Small correction sir.. I have only clocked around 26K in around 16 months of ownership. Madhu has done 45K and yes he seems to look shower his car with a lot of care and affection!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:13   #1504
Senior - BHPian

My sincere apologies to both of you Shashi and Madhu as I didnt connect the two dots correctly!!

But, at the same time, congratulate both of you for keeping your steeds extremely taken well care of!!

26K in 16 months is a decent mileage BTW!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 15:21   #1505
BHPian

Utterly disappointed by Concorde service worli.

Please see my post dated 20/08/2014.
I was charged a whopping Rs 24780/- ,
but the complaint / problem has only worsened instead of a solution .

Have given the car back again for same complaint yesterday(10/09/2014) to Concorde worli service centre .
No consistent feedback from the S A so far.
Various contradictory feedback received .
I am left completely unaware of what they are planning to do with my Car.

Have now been forced to write an email to Mr Raju Patil (supposed to be a senior guy at Concorde service and also to ceo@concorde... )
waiting for there feedback .
Loosing confidence on Concorde and Tata.
Shall update you guys as soon as i have any relevant info.
Old 11th September 2014, 15:41   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Utterly disappointed by Concorde service worli.

Please see my post dated 20/08/2014.
I was charged a whopping Rs 24780/- ,
but the complaint / problem has only worsened instead of a solution .

Have given the car back again for same complaint yesterday(10/09/2014) to Concorde worli service centre .
No consistent feedback from the S A so far.
Various contradictory feedback received .
I am left completely unaware of what they are planning to do with my Car.

Have now been forced to write an email to Mr Raju Patil (supposed to be a senior guy at Concorde service and also to ceo@concorde... )
waiting for there feedback .
Loosing confidence on Concorde and Tata.
Shall update you guys as soon as i have any relevant info.
Very Sad to see this state of affairs at Tata.

Having known you, you have immaculately maintained your baby and the 24K jolt of incorrect/shoddy service is the least you can expect.

This sort of news from few erring dealers leads to a great deal of negativity for the company.

With Zest getting good reviews, Tata should have concentrated more on service so that the good word of mouth publicity brings in hordes to the showroom.

Wish you and your baby a speedy and satisfied resolution.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 15:05   #1507
BHPian

Sorry State of affairs at Tata Concorde Worli Service centre.

I got an auto reply to my mail.

I was asked to contact Mr Lohith (Workshop manager - Concorde Worli : -Lohith Suvarna - Sr Manager Service 7710066966 - lohith.suvarna@concordemotors.com[/email],
Swapnali CRM 7710067001 - crm.worli@concordemotors.com[/email] for any concern on Service.

I send them my email as under :
Dear Mr Lohith

Firslty , let me take this opportunity to introduce myself , I am Madhu Parasrampuria here . I am a team bhp Member and always been an ardent Tata Motors loyalist and you can go through my numerous posts in " The tata Manza thread " and 'The Zest Thread' on teambhp.com appreciating Tata and Concorde motors

Please see the attachments :
1)Job Slip dated 13/07/2014
2)Job Slip dated 20/08/2014
3)Job Slip dated 10/09/2014
4)Invoice from Concorde for service number CCDmum-WP2-1415-000362 for Rs 24780/-

Problem faced :
1)Steering feeling vague and heavy on ceetain points and car not steady on highway speeds of around 60-70-80 kmph
2)Steering too heavy at parking speeds and no auto return to centre

Visit 1 on 13/07/2014 : Reported these problems but since it was a sunday i was told these problems being a Sunday cannot be attended today so they did general check up and gave the car back to me . The problem mentioned above remained as is unattended.

Visit 2 on 20/08/2014 : reprted these porblems again : Job slip was made :
I came back from workshop and had to make many many calls to Service advisor to get an update on what is wrong with the car.
Finally i was told that suspension is opened up and work is being carried out and approximate cost will be around 14-16000rs(also posted on teambhp.com). I agreed and requested the S A to be double sure that the problem would be solved . I was assure dthe problem will be solved . Then next day after making several calls again to S A i was told that the work might get completed today and then again after several calls i was returned the car on same day with a invoice of RS 24780/- to which i was shocked. But having trust on Concorde from previous visits i paid and took the car .
I informed my S A that the steering has become more hard than previoiusly and i was told ok bring thecar back.
I dont understand why did Concorde only work on suspensions and not on steering ? Is it because Suspension is out of warranty and easy to earn money from client whereas Steering has to be covered in Extended warranty ?

Visit 3 on 10/09/2014 : Reprted the same problem again .
This time i insisted on a test drive . Arrival time at worlshop was 8.20 Am and departure time was around 11 am . I spent 3 hours in worksjhop explaining my problem . gentleman came with me for a test drive and confirmed that steering has problems. I left the workshop and around 2 pm satrted makingcalls to my S A about updates to which i received several contradictory replies . Shocked from what was going on , i decided to leave my office in bandra in half day and visited workshop again . Again there i was given different contradictory statments by various Mr Prabahakar , mr Surve and Mr S A , Mr Abdul .
I got very worried by now and and no confidence on Concorde if they will eb able to solve the problem even now .
I begged the team at concorde to at least complete the process of extended warranty claim of steering rack by today .
today as on 11/09/2014: I am shocked to learn that the warranty claim has still not been put up in the system . they now want me to spend another Rs 9000 on suspension strut . (please note that on 21/08/2014 i have already spent Rs 24780 on the car suspension parts).

I still dont know by when will the warranty approval of steering rack come ? and when will the work on my car start? and when will i receive my car back ? and will it be after solution of all the problems ? or the problem will still persist?
Can you please help me with proper service to my car and proper feedback system?

Please also provide me with loaner car facility urgently

I also contacted the gentleman on phone and whats app .
On calling him 3-4 times , he finally answered my call and promised to get back to me in 30-40 mins. He did call me back and updated that the steering rack extended warranty approval has come and they have placed the order of the same to Tata Pune, which may arrive in 3-4 days and hence they will be sending me my car back to my office and ask me to get it back when the part is there with me. I was also told that both my suspension strut (costing RS4200/- each) will also be replaced (as paid service (suspension is not covered in EXW... only steering is covered in EXW) .

1)This basic process has taken them 2 days already
2)I did receive the car back in my office but not without the below 2 problems (see pics)
A)A Scratch on bumper
B)Missing dummy cap thereby exposing the screw on door pad. (looks ugly)

However i have decided not to pursue the above 2 points with TATA/ Concorde as the bigger problem persists and am very tensed with that and have no choice but to live with these 2 screw ups by Concorde team.

3)he also told me that he will update me by 11 AM on 12/09/2014 on when exactly the steering rack is supposed to come .
I have now called him 3-4 times already but no reply.

I am not seeing the end of ordeal soon with TATA.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0517.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0518.jpg  

Last edited by madhu33 : 12th September 2014 at 15:07.
Old 12th September 2014, 17:08   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry State of affairs at Tata Concorde Worli Service centre.
Dealing with TASS in general is a problem. However, did'nt expect the same at concorde. With a Tata, you will end up learning a lot more about automotive components than you had initially hoped/planned for. From what i see about your issue, i think you are being taken for a ride, what suspension components did they replace for 24K. and that too without including the struts. Typical regular "wear & tear" suspension components would be the bushings, the ball joints(inner, lower, steering) etc, may be the tie rod but all those wont add up to 24K, i guess more work was done on non suspension parts. Something doesn't seem right here.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 12th September 2014 at 17:11.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 17:48   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
From what i see about your issue, i think you are being taken for a ride, what suspension components did they replace for 24K. and that too without including the struts. Typical regular "wear & tear" suspension components would be the bushings, the ball joints(inner, lower, steering) etc, may be the tie rod but all those wont add up to 24K, i guess more work was done on non suspension parts. Something doesn't seem right here.
Other works yes :
1)Sterring horn pad : Rs 700 approx

2)left ORvm : Rs 1200 approx

3)new fog lamps : rs 2600 approx

4)Brakes and suspension components without the strust .

labour charges are a whopping 9k+

Attaching the copy of invoice for your refernce in PDF format.
Do let me know if anything can be pin pointed to them.

Last edited by madhu33 : 12th September 2014 at 17:52.
Old 13th September 2014, 00:42   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Other works yes :

Attaching the copy of invoice for your refernce in PDF format.
Do let me know if anything can be pin pointed to them.
Frankly, this is the first time i have seen virtually all the joints being replaced en-mass. Usually, only the problematic ones are changed, i wonder how all of them failed at the same time (unless you have really really abused the car, which i doubt). The lower arm ball joint will make a difference to ride quality and it usually does wear off over a period of time, given the condition of our roads. Will let other members comment more on the remaining joints and their failures.

At 43K clicks, i am surprised to see brake drums being overhauled and brake shoe being replaced, this not a part that usually fails at 43K. Brake pad replacement and brake disc skimming at 43K is ok.

From a labour perspective, when a complete suspension overhaul is done, the standard costing is not usually applied but an aggregated(discounted) cost is applied. If concorde insists that everything be done on a a-la-carte basis then i wonder what item 34 is for.

Frankly, it appears that the SA/technician has simply gone on a overhaul spree without bothering to diagnose where the problem lies. Which is why, after replacing the complete bush kit for the strut assembly he is now asking you to change the struts. If the struts were indeed a problem he could have easily checked them when he replaced the associated bush kit. And if they do insist on replacing the strut, please do ask them take off the material and labour cost for the strut bush kit replaced last time as it did not serve any useful purpose. A new strut assembly will come with the bush kit pre-installed.

Looks like a case of pure trial and error problem solving paradigm in action, of course at the customers expense.

I surely did not expect this coming from concorde.

Last edited by cyberwhizs : 13th September 2014 at 00:58.
cyberwhizs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 01:07   #1511
BHPian

Just want to update that my car (Manza qjet Aura ABS) which has done 29K after 2.6 years has started to give me some kind of noise from front tyres whenever I brake at slow speed and also some noise from rear suspension whenever I have 3rd occupant in my rear seat, I have taken my car to K.H.T Motors and problem was diagnosed to be faulty back suspension and worn out brake pad and disc which need to be changed and estimation was around 6K, I told them to proceed.

At time of delivery the S.A told me to pay only rs 20 as rest of the amount was covered under my gold AMC. I was quite happy with that and also checked with them whether I can change my wiper (which has worn out in recent rain) under AMC and they obliged and changed that too without any cost to me.

I will definitely extend my AMC package when it is due; I feel it is definitely worth the cost.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:25   #1512
BHPian

Hi All, wanted to get your opinions / feedback on an issue I have with my 4 year old Manza Petrol. I got the car in Feb 2010 and it has clocked 52200 KMs till date. I have had a hassle free experience with my car till date and it hasn’t given me any issues – car gets serviced regularly and I keep reasonably good care of it.

I recently had to make a 700 KM round trip for a family function over a weekend. I am based out of Ahmedabad and roads are wonderful around here – I managed to do very good speeds on the car (averaged around 90 KM/Hr). After I returned I noticed that the car lacked the punch at times and also noticed that the radiator fan started earlier and more frequently than I was used to. I decided to show it up to the Tata ASS in the next week – I as it is had a scheduled service coming up at 52500 KM.

Last Monday on my way back from office as soon as I started the AC the temperature indicator just jumped up from ~ 25 % all the way into the Red. The warning lights came up and the car stalled. I was on top of a flyover when this happened and I put the car in Neutral and got it down the flyover. Called up the Tata ASS Maintenance guy I usually give the car to and told him what happened. I expected something in the Radiator and he asked me to check if the radiator reservoir was hot – I touched it and found it not hot, slowly opened the cap and found that it was bone dry!! It was dark and raining quite bad, so he asked me to see if I could get to some place and put in water. Luckily there was a Dhaba closeby and I got a few bottles of Mineral water – the reservoir took all of 4 L of water till it got full. The temp indicator immediately got back to zero. Told the ASS guy and he said I should be good to reach home. Reached home and parked the car, popped up the hood and marked the level on the reservoir.

Next morning took a look at the level in the reservoir and it was the same - it had not reduced. Took the car to the Tata ASS and showed it to them. They gave it an eye over and said everything looked OK. Even started the AC and checked if the temp indicator was shooting and it didn’t. They asked me to run the car for a few days and keep an eye on the temp guage. (They did not add coolant at that time).
I gave my car for service today and the ASS guy is now telling me that there is an ‘elbow’ that’s broken. I am in Mumbai this week and the car is in Ahmedabad, so there’s no way of my seeing what he is talking about in person. I tried to reason with him asking if the ‘elbow’ can be welded or sealed with a metal sealant like M-seal, but he was firm that it must be replaced. He has quoted 4.5 K for the replacement !!

He’s also sent me the part details – not that I can make any sense from it. Putting it here incase it helps you guys to figure out what this guy is talking about:
Part # 59117178
AM# 2154
Ver # 0031106806

My Questions:
1. Why would the part suddenly give away
2. Is the cost that the Tata ASS quoting reasonable

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:02   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Hi All, wanted to get your opinions / feedback on an issue I have with my 4 year old Manza Petrol. I got the car in Feb 2010 and it has clocked 52200 KMs till date. I have had a hassle free experience with my car till date and it hasn’t given me any issues – car gets serviced regularly and I keep reasonably good care of it.

I recently had to make a 700 KM round trip for a family function over a weekend. I am based out of Ahmedabad and roads are wonderful around here – I managed to do very good speeds on the car (averaged around 90 KM/Hr). After I returned I noticed that the car lacked the punch at times and also noticed that the radiator fan started earlier and more frequently than I was used to. I decided to show it up to the Tata ASS in the next week – I as it is had a scheduled service coming up at 52500 KM.

Last Monday on my way back from office as soon as I started the AC the temperature indicator just jumped up from ~ 25 % all the way into the Red. The warning lights came up and the car stalled. I was on top of a flyover when this happened and I put the car in Neutral and got it down the flyover. Called up the Tata ASS Maintenance guy I usually give the car to and told him what happened. I expected something in the Radiator and he asked me to check if the radiator reservoir was hot – I touched it and found it not hot, slowly opened the cap and found that it was bone dry!! It was dark and raining quite bad, so he asked me to see if I could get to some place and put in water. Luckily there was a Dhaba closeby and I got a few bottles of Mineral water – the reservoir took all of 4 L of water till it got full. The temp indicator immediately got back to zero. Told the ASS guy and he said I should be good to reach home. Reached home and parked the car, popped up the hood and marked the level on the reservoir.

Next morning took a look at the level in the reservoir and it was the same - it had not reduced. Took the car to the Tata ASS and showed it to them. They gave it an eye over and said everything looked OK. Even started the AC and checked if the temp indicator was shooting and it didn’t. They asked me to run the car for a few days and keep an eye on the temp guage. (They did not add coolant at that time).
I gave my car for service today and the ASS guy is now telling me that there is an ‘elbow’ that’s broken. I am in Mumbai this week and the car is in Ahmedabad, so there’s no way of my seeing what he is talking about in person. I tried to reason with him asking if the ‘elbow’ can be welded or sealed with a metal sealant like M-seal, but he was firm that it must be replaced. He has quoted 4.5 K for the replacement !!

He’s also sent me the part details – not that I can make any sense from it. Putting it here incase it helps you guys to figure out what this guy is talking about:
Part # 59117178
AM# 2154
Ver # 0031106806

My Questions:
1. Why would the part suddenly give away
2. Is the cost that the Tata ASS quoting reasonable

Thanks.
What he is asking you to replace is thermostat valve. Please see link below and you will find the same part no in there for rs 2,154.

What you need to find out if there is an issue with valve itself or any connecting pipes are cracked / leaking?

http://www.99rpm.com/tata/water-pump...ire-manza.html
Old 19th September 2014, 13:05   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post

I surely did not expect this coming from concorde.
Spent a whole day at Concorde worli getting the steering rack changed and both suspension struts replaced.

Other works to be done were :
Clutch bleeding
Oil change

Steering rack was thankfully changed under Extended warranty but remember that was after a lot of Hue and cry.

I had to pay for the struts.
This suspension overhaul has been quite hard on the pocket.
It could have been better with Concorde taking the issue seriously in the first visit.
Remember that for the steringrack and suspension work mycarhad already spent a total of 5 days (in 3 visits) at the centre.

While i spent the day at Concorde worli, i was curious to know how come the ever so attentive S As and efficient workforce has become so unattetntive and so inefficient.
Looks like there is some changes happening in concorde service centre worli.
My advise to fellow teambhpians here owning tata car .... STAY AWAY FROM THIS SERVICE CENTRE for some time.
Prefer other options for the time being.
Workforce is highly demotivated at the moment due to many many changes happening. There are 3-4 daily meetings that are happening coupled with increased paper work which is not allowing them to focus on core work.
There is also the issue of payroll, incentive and appraisal that is plaguing them and they seemed a demotivated lot.

In spite of my escalating the issue & myself being present personally with my car for the full day , while the suspension and steering work was done .
1)I was continuously insisting that the oil change should be fully synthetic only (Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge were the option given by me) , the guy changing the oil even confirmed me the same . However later on billing i found out that those guys are unaware of the difference between Petronas semi synthetic and Mobil/ Castrol fully synthetic ones. I have been billed for Petronas oil only and those guys have started calling it synthetic oil.
2)Clutch juddering issue : I was begging it to be done several times through out the day but it was not done as the day was lost in steering rack , suspension change , oil change work (which in there own admission should not have taken more than 3 hours)
All of their other time i guess was consumed in daily meetings and paper work.

Remember this was when i was personally present at the work shop, i could see S A really have no words to reply to unsuspecting customers about other cars with much smaller issues lying untouched at the end of the day.

I had simply lost patience and confidence in the team there by the end of the day and have decided to move on and not to pursue the above unresolved issues till i am able to part away with my car for another 24 hours or more.

I hope that Concorde worli will be good once again as they have been in the past.

Overall this experience has left a bad taste in me. I will try to avoid them in future.

I now can connect very well to GTO's remark on 30/10/2009 of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What you won't like:
• Inconsistent after-sales network
Well ... i have already past more than half of my car's tenure at this juncture but god help those new unsuspecting Zest owners.

Please TATA please take our car services, our time and our money seriously otherwise the customers will stop taking you seriously soon.

Having said this , please note that i have been an avid TATA MOTOR fan all this while .
Please go through my many earlier posts but this really has been my undoing with them.

Last edited by madhu33 : 19th September 2014 at 13:09.
Old 27th September 2014, 16:13   #1515
BHPian

The suspensions have started making noise again .
Also there were other unresolved clutch issue etc. reported in above post.
Scheduled for a revisit to the service center tomorrow -28/09/2014.

This time i am too wary of Concorde worli (4 visits - 7 days(including 1 office day sacrificed by me) - complete suspension overhaul at my cost- still the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction) . I will be visiting Vijay Auto - Vasai as the workshop manager there is an ex Om sai motors guy and i am having good relation with him.

The ordeal continues so far.
I hope that change of service station will bring in change of fortunes too.
I have only myself to blame for buying the Tata.
I guess this now is going to be a regular feature of my ownership or else i have to learn driving a faulty car.

Last edited by madhu33 : 27th September 2014 at 16:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks