Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2013, 12:53   #1456
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Yes, I am referring to the change of oil from synthetic to semi-synthetic.

I am not sure why the TASS changed the oil when they did not had the synthetic oil, or didn't you inform them about your usage of synthetic engine oil. In any case, you should carry oil of your preference, if it is unavailable at your service centre, unless they discourage such practice.

Re usage of System-D it has to be poured in fuel tank before you refuel. The mix is 1 capful (it got a separate container/ cap at the top for the measurement) for every 5 liters of fuel. I believe it it also mentioned on the bottle.

Lastly, I am from Delhi & do not know about Mumbai dealers storing synthetic oil. Try looking for the same in TBHP Directory or Mumbai TBHP-ians.
About the oil change at TASS, i had very well mentioned them to use the costliest available fully synthetic oil from Mobil 1(even fully synth Mobil 1 oil had 2 grades as per my memory from previous 2 oil changes).
I even got it noted to my Job card but later found out that they changed the oil to Semi Synth Petronas. I remember My S A telling me later that they have stopped stocking the Mobil1 fully synth oil. And there are no -ve feedback for the PETRONAS. I also read it here on the same thread a few pages ago and hence i didn't complain.

Yes i will surely like to try out the System D for another 1000-1500kms (since i already have 2 bottles) and then may be change back to Mobil 1 or Mobil Delvac at some reliable source.
Will have to calculate 40K service interval in mind vis a vis warranty parameters vis a vis justifying my additional cost on oil change at around say a 34K or 35"K on the ODO.
Needs to seen and worked out before spending .

To add : I have been running dieseltronic tuning box for last 2K now.

Last edited by madhu33 : 11th November 2013 at 12:59.
Old 18th November 2013, 11:00   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Update:

Today (21/10/2013) while on my way to office the engine died suddenly
and the orange engine check light was glowing .
I somehow managed to park it at a side safely while i had the momentum.
Took off of the ignition key, waited for a couple of minutes and tried to switch on again but the dreadful light was on. But the engine was not dying this time.
Called the 24x7 helpline for assistance.
In the meanwhile managed to reach office with the car .
(engine dying scenario occurred once again while reaching office)

IN the office left the car as is and when the mechanic arrived and started the engine .The engine check light was gone .
He checked what he could but advised me to take the car to service centre for scanning.

I have this policy with baja Allianz wherein i have a free of cost flat bed towing service which i availed off for the 1st time .

Have dropped the car to TCRS worli. They scanned in front of me and claimed that it is showing 2 -3 errors : Fuel injection , brake switch and 3rd i don't remember.
They said they will check all thoroughly and try to send the car back to my office by evening if possible.
So m waiting for further news.

Meanwhile i had no option but to leave the dieseltronics tuning box installed in the car and also the stock pipercross air filter as is.I hope this want create me any problems.
Quote:
Hi

Yes , my Manza was back with me delivered to my office premises the same day within 4 hours since the flat bed tow truck dropped it there.
They replaced a brake switch and thats it.

I already did 200 km run yesterday and no problems for me .

Hope your manza is also fine finally .
Keep me posted.

Regards
I have had another breakdown this Saturday - 16/11/2013.
While on my way back to home from office , the car refused to start. It was taking blank self(blank response to ignition key). I had just installed a new battery approx 2 months ago so battery problem was less likely) . I called up customer service helpline and also Bajaj Allianz for flat bed towing(assuming that the breakdown mechanic wont be able to solve the issue so in that scenario would want to save time by having the towing service ready without further waiting) . Got prompt response and action from both TATA and BA.
TM has tie up with TVS for breakdown services . The mechanic arrived in 60-70 minutes to my location(my office at Bandra west).
He checked all the fuses and none where found to be blown.
However just due to some fidgeting with those fuses the ignition response was back again . The mechanic assumed that it could have been some carbon deposit somewhere and due to that the problem of blank ignition response.
He also advised me to get it checked at service center.
Yesterday on Sunday - 17/11/2013 while starting from home for car drop off to TCRS Worli , the same problem and this time again after fidgeting of some fuses by myself the ignition response was back again. I drove the car to Worli and it is supposed to be checked and resolved today. (it was day ending yesterday) .

I am now a little worried as the bug of owning a TATA is seemingly ready to bother me now forever (since 2 breakdowns in last 30 days).
However will try to keep myself in +ve frame of mind.
I hope that these are just a few small hiccups and no such breakdowns will be encountered in future.

Any suggestions / comments / inputs on any particular checks to insist by TASS are welcome . Will keep you guys posted on further developments.
Old 18th November 2013, 11:37   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am now a little worried as the bug of owning a TATA is seemingly ready to bother me now forever (since 2 breakdowns in last 30 days).
I hope that these are just a few small hiccups and no such breakdowns will be encountered in future.

Any suggestions / comments / inputs on any particular checks to insist by TASS are welcome . Will keep you guys posted on further developments.
Hi @madhu33

I believe, you are not using the System-D, because it could have helped reduction in carbon deposits formation to some extent. If the problem persists, I am sure the best way would only be change of engine oil with sime flushing, decarbonisation, etc. I am not sure whether the mechanic at TASS handled your car properly.

Time to look for some expert with Fiat MJD rather than witch-doctors .
Old 18th November 2013, 11:49   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @madhu33

I believe, you are not using the System-D, because it could have helped reduction in carbon deposits formation to some extent. If the problem persists, I am sure the best way would only be change of engine oil with sime flushing, decarbonisation, etc. I am not sure whether the mechanic at TASS handled your car properly.

Time to look for some expert with Fiat MJD rather than witch-doctors .
Hi Cardeep , i have already used the System D for 2 times(last 2 fill ups).
However that is something mechanical and related to the engine of the car and the carbon deposits inside the Engine.
What i am talking about here is the carbon deposits on the electrical contact points such as fuses, started , ignition switch etc.
I hope you get me now.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:00   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Cardeep , i have already used the System D for 2 times(last 2 fill ups).
However that is something mechanical and related to the engine of the car and the carbon deposits inside the Engine.
What i am talking about here is the carbon deposits on the electrical contact points such as fuses, started , ignition switch etc.
I hope you get me now.
Oh, I am sorry, it appeared to me as if there were carbon deposits in your engine, which cause black smoke on acceleration. For carbon deposit on battery, use of hot water & an old tooth brush is recommended. However, I am not sure how will you remove carbon deposits from other electricals, probably using the dried up brush to brush up the wire joints, without breaking those connections can be tried, but, I am not sure how ill this help.

Did the mechanic who checked your car, also check the wire which provides power to starter motor, etc? I am sorry, but, this is new phenomena for me.

Please kindly share your experience after using the System-D, as well. I have used System-G (for petrol cars), & found it good.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 12:13   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, I am sorry, it appeared to me as if there were carbon deposits in your engine, which cause black smoke on acceleration. For carbon deposit on battery, use of hot water & an old tooth brush is recommended. However, I am not sure how will you remove carbon deposits from other electricals, probably using the dried up brush to brush up the wire joints, without breaking those connections can be tried, but, I am not sure how ill this help.

Did the mechanic who checked your car, also check the wire which provides power to starter motor, etc? I am sorry, but, this is new phenomena for me.

Please kindly share your experience after using the System-D, as well. I have used System-G (for petrol cars), & found it good.
Yes sure i will revert to you on the engine feel post System D use for say 150-200 kms.
The battery is free of any carbon deposit visible to naked eye.
I assume (influenced by the breakdown mechanic) that the BACHA switch( as named by the breakdown mechanic) i.e. some connection/ contact point of battery ignition power supply to starter motor. has some problem and once you fidget with it the car some times takes ignition this is again an assumption as there is no replication done).
Old 18th November 2013, 12:14   #1462
Senior - BHPian

So whats the feedback now for the starting issue? Seems strange to have 2 breakdowns that soon might be a coincidence if the root cause is different. Any rodent issues in your parking space or something. This time I think its electrical as fiddling with the fuses resolves the issue. What battery is the current one?
Old 18th November 2013, 12:26   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
So whats the feedback now for the starting issue? Seems strange to have 2 breakdowns that soon might be a coincidence if the root cause is different. Any rodent issues in your parking space or something. This time I think its electrical as fiddling with the fuses resolves the issue. What battery is the current one?
Hi Motomaverick
1)The previous breakdown -21/10/2013 was due to some stop light switch mal function.
2)This breakdown - 16/11/2013 seems due to some assembly related to starter motor malfunction.
So there seems to be no such relation in the causes of 2 breakdowns as such.
Yes - 1 thing - they both have been some sort of electrical malfunction.
About feedback from S A. : I am in touch with him on whats app.
He has just reverted to me while i type this post saying : Nothing serious , We have sent the car for trial.
There was this alternator bolt which was slightly loose and hence the occasional blank ignition response which is now rectified as per him.
I have also requested him to conduct all the standard checks to which he says yes that is the normal SOP and would have done even if wouldn't have asked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I suggest you also ask TASS to check the switch / sensor on the clutch pedal which indicates that the clutch has been pressed and allows the ignition to work. If that malfunctions, the ignition may not work at times. I have seen that problem on another Manza as well.
No sir , its not applicable to 2011 Manzas and Vistas. I assume the clutch depressing system for ignition is applicable only to current 2013 versions of Manzas and Vistas. Hence this probability is not applicable to my Manza.

Last edited by madhu33 : 18th November 2013 at 12:44.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:30   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
I have had another breakdown this Saturday - 16/11/2013.
While on my way back to home from office , the car refused to start. It was taking blank self(blank response to ignition key). I had just installed a new battery approx 2 months ago so battery problem was less likely) . I called up customer service helpline and also Bajaj Allianz for flat bed towing(assuming that the breakdown mechanic wont be able to solve the issue so in that scenario would want to save time by having the towing service ready without further waiting) . Got prompt response and action from both TATA and BA.
TM has tie up with TVS for breakdown services . The mechanic arrived in 60-70 minutes to my location(my office at Bandra west).
He checked all the fuses and none where found to be blown.
However just due to some fidgeting with those fuses the ignition response was back again . The mechanic assumed that it could have been some carbon deposit somewhere and due to that the problem of blank ignition response.
He also advised me to get it checked at service center.
Yesterday on Sunday - 17/11/2013 while starting from home for car drop off to TCRS Worli , the same problem and this time again after fidgeting of some fuses by myself the ignition response was back again. I drove the car to Worli and it is supposed to be checked and resolved today. (it was day ending yesterday) .

I suggest you also ask TASS to check the switch / sensor on the clutch pedal which indicates that the clutch has been pressed and allows the ignition to work. If that malfunctions, the ignition may not work at times. I have seen that problem on another Manza as well.
Old 18th November 2013, 16:47   #1465
BHPian

Edit update :

The car is back with me in my office now .
The driver from TCRS worli delivered the car back to me 30-40mins ago.
They seem to have rectified/ tightened some wiring of alternator due to which the blank ignition problem was occurring occasionally.

It now remains to be seen whether i will face yet another breakdown or any other issue related to reliability of MANZA.
I am keeping my fingers crossed .The previous 2 incidents have definitely taken away some of my faith from my MANZA.

The engine compartment have been very nicely waxed
(seems like a deliberate attempt to prevent electrical contact points).
Interiors nice cleaned.
Exteriors nicely polished.
1 good thing has been the support in both the cases so far has been prompt.
Both the times they have immediately delivered the car back to my office premises. However the question shouldn't have arrived in first place at all.
Still as i said in my earlier post i will try to keep myself in +ve frame of mind and hoping for no further breakdowns in future.
Old 23rd November 2013, 15:51   #1466
BHPian

Posting a few pics of My Manza
Its been a long time i have taken her for a detailing session (last one was in March 2013)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-bottom-front-view.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-front-hiieght-view.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-car-all-lights-exteriors.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2014, 17:32   #1467
BHPian

A lot of Tata bashing going around in other threads

My Manza :
Today as on 02/01/2014 it has done 35000kms and no major issues so far.

Completely in love with the excellent ride quality it offers on our Indian roads.
Wife is 7 months pregnant now.
last few weeks have seen a lot of short distance driving with Wifey on the back seat.
She is absolutely comfortable and i have realized how good Manza is at absorbing the bad/ worst suburban Mumbai roads.
India specific manza suspensions + Yokohama C drives serving at its best.
With Wifey in the back seat i have to be careful on bad roads and thats were i realize that the ride quality and bump absorption is really very good.

Also had the opportunity (with BIL on driver's seat) to experience the legendary back seat comfort of the Manza on my way back from Shirdi a couple weeks ago and boy it does offer superlative back support ,perfect recline angle and under thigh support.
Completely in love with it. Easily beats the comfort of sedans priced substantially higher.

With 2 occupants in the back seat the (wife and mother in my case mostly) the view of the
superior comfort comparable to some D segment sedans is really something else.
No other vehicle at that price point or at a slightly higher price point can offer such levels of seat comfort.

Whatever shortcoming the product has is surely very small as compared to the advantages it offers.
This is coming from a consumer with 2.5 years of ownership now and from my earlier posts you can easily see that i have also
had not so good moments with the car

One of these days i happened to be inside a Toyota service centre and it was filled with Taxi drivers which made me realize that the superior service of Concorde Worli has sort of spoilt me.

Last edited by madhu33 : 2nd January 2014 at 17:38.
Old 10th January 2014, 13:08   #1468
BHPian

My Feb 2012 ManzaElan Quadrajet90 (Jan 2012 manufactured) suffered a malfunction of the oil filter unit this month with odo reading at 36,000.

Engine light showed up in the instrument cluster and opening the bonnet revealed black coloured coolant with some oily greasy semi-solidish-liquid oozing out of coolant container.

Rushed the car to the ASS and came to know unofficially that many cars of similar vintage have faced same defect.
The Oil Filter unit had failed resulting in coolant and engine oil mixing up.

The ASS took 3 days to replace the oil filter unit, radiator, coolant container etc. and filled up fresh Engine Oil and fresh Coolant.

Total job was done under warranty and I was charged for only oil seals (400+tax=458).

I was also provided an alternative car so that I am not handicapped (well, I asked for it as my mom was[is] in hospital).

Name:  ForumRunner_20140110_130316.png
Views: 1654
Size:  417.5 KB
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 13:29   #1469
BHPian

Meanwhile ,yesterday being a Sunday decided to take My manza to Lonavla .
The purpose of the trip was not to go to Lonvala but to get the Manza's legs to stretch a bit.

Also to check on mileage reset the trip b exactly at the time of starting.
Expressway start point is approx 50kms from my house. So that means 100kms of city driving + the usual climb to Tiger point in Lonavla.

The average which the MID showed at the building's car park at the end.
This 235.9kms was by no means a mileage cautious driving .
While going i constantly maintained 100-120kmph and while coming i was constantly 120-130-140kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140112_160957.jpg  

madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 13:23   #1470
BHPian

I drive a Feb 2011 Manza, which had done 69.5K KMs. It has given me more than it's fair share of troubles but I am happy with it because a. It was cheap to buy. b. It is cheap to run. c. It gives me fabulous mileage - 19 kmph.

Lately I have been having pangs to replace it;I have sold my other two cars - Civic and Gypsy, so the urge to sell Manza as well and buy a competent diesel off-roader is very strong. But the good ones cost 25L+ and I can't afford that much right now, so I have decided to wait for a year. Now one of my major peeves with Manza had been it's ice. I have the Aqua model, which came with a HU without USB support. It doesn't play even CDs for last 6 months or so.

I am planning to get a good dual-din HU, componets in front doors/amp and co-axials on the rear doors fitted. Since Manza's stock HU size is different from a standard dual-din, I will have to get a frame which can fit a dual-din HU. Please suggest where I can get this frame? And also some good suggestions for HU, components, amp and co-axials.

Regards

Nitin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks