Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 21:41   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My cousin has bought a new Manza VX. We are unable to see the outside temperature on the MID. The old Manza had this feature. I have seen it in my company cabs. We contacted the dealer and got a reply telling that this feature is not present in the new Manza. However the Manza brochure tells that this feature is present in VX variant. I request Manza owners to comment on this.
A late update. My cousin escalated this matter with Tata. They immediately responded and agreed to replace the DIS with the one which has the ambient temperature indicator for free of cost . My cousin is now happy with the Tata customer service.

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-manza_temp_sensor.jpg

The car has completed 5K km in 6 months. Its holding up pretty well in the pathetic roads of Dakshina Kannada.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:48   #1442
BHPian

Hi SZAKIV ,

While reading your above post , i have found some similarities between your experience and mine. The guys at TASS are very cooperative, polite , attentive & very prompt at honoring the warranty etc, But when it comes to resolution of all the problems/ niggles in the vehicle they are found lacking on some occasions. I have had on and off experiences at various TASS i have been to but overall i am a very satisfied owner of Tata Manza Q jet Aura ABS.(June 2011 to Till date)
I have experienced Maruti after sales till 2011 during ownership of an Alto and a Swift after that and personally find TASS any day better.

I bought a Manza Qjet Aura ABS in June 2011(still remember going through GTO’s review n number of times) & currently have done 27000+ kms.
Mainly because of teambhp There has been a transition in me from the time back in 2011 where I found V F M offerings more attractive (2 years back while deciding on the Manza) to today's date where i find cars like T jet, Ford classic & Mitsubishi Lancer as more attractive(I am referring to only those cars which fitted my budget at that time). In spite of this transition I still am happy with my decision.I have done various modifications to my MANZA (Aesthetics-Gloss black roof, lip type spoiler, Decals, Smoked bezel head lamps & more, ICE(Pioneer touch screen AVHX2590Bt, Infinity components, J B L Co Axial, M T X bass tube & Sony 4 channel amp.,upgraded Tires(Yokohama C drives-195-60-15), Air filter(piper-cross) & others)

Would like to make a special mention about GTO's review on MANZA and how after driving a MANZA for 2 years (27000 kms) i cant stop agreeing to almost each and every observation & pros & cons mentioned in there. Its amazing how you get it right in such a short time you spend with a particular car. You are very talented sir.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 13:10   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My cousin has bought a new Manza VX. We are unable to see the outside temperature on the MID. The old Manza had this feature. I have seen it in my company cabs. We contacted the dealer and got a reply telling that this feature is not present in the new Manza. However the Manza brochure tells that this feature is present in VX variant. I request Manza owners to comment on this.
Hello..The VX is the new club class Model and the VX Model does not have the temperature feature.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:28   #1444

Hi Madhu,
I am yet to receive my Car from Concorde Worli to date and I hope I can also echo your sentiments six months hence but at present I am still wondering why Tata could not match up to the standards. I am getting the car back after two months and would post my experiences as I have been promised that allthe issues have been resolved.
Hoping to join you folks in admiring the MANZA with the same enthusiasm as I had bought it with :-)

Szakiv
Old 26th September 2013, 14:01   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szakiv View Post
Hi Madhu,
I am yet to receive my Car from Concorde Worli to date and I hope I can also echo your sentiments six months hence but at present I am still wondering why Tata could not match up to the standards. I am getting the car back after two months and would post my experiences as I have been promised that allthe issues have been resolved.
Hoping to join you folks in admiring the MANZA with the same enthusiasm as I had bought it with :-)

Szakiv
Hi Szakiv

When exactly are you getting your car back?
I really wish that all the issues would be sorted out .
However why it took them 2 months ?
What was the exact problem in particular for the car to be lying with them for 2 months?
I know for sure that TCRS just cant afford to be lethargic even in 1 single case.

I will be there at TCRS worli on this Sunday , September 29th .
I am having a strange rattling noise from rear side (may be a loose lip type spoiler that i have on the boot) at speeds 130+ KMPH.
If you don't mind PM me your number.
My Email id is madhup632@gmail.com
Old 2nd October 2013, 22:00   #1446

Hi everyone who is convinced that TATA needs a push to get its act together.
I received the car after two months and Lo and Behold!! within half an hour sent it back as the Rusting on the radiator support and the music system niggles bugged me again.

@madhu 33 I have written to you on your mail .

I am still waiting for the car and hopefully would be able to place my hands on the steering by this weekend.
Its been a long wait .Hoping it would be worthwhile.
Szakiv
Old 5th October 2013, 17:31   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Yes thats right, now TATA recomends to use Fully Synthetic 5W40 Oil from Petronas, which meets the requirement, as the cost difference between 5W40 from Petronas is very competitive when compared to Castrol 0W40.I got this update from TATA & also from AutoZone @Coimbatore.
ANy technical issues, which is not resolved by your dealers , I would personally suggest to drive down to AutoZone in csae if you happen to travel via Coimbator or if you are in & around Coimbatore. AutoZone does a decent work, & faster turnaround, well qualified team.
Yes , TCRS worli also recommends Petronas 5w40 now a days .

But here in Mumbai they quote Rs 3800 for 3.2 litre oil change for the same .
Is this price that they have charged to me correct ?
How much did others pay for PETRONAS 5 W 40 here on the forum ?
Old 7th October 2013, 12:02   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Yes , TCRS worli also recommends Petronas 5w40 now a days .

But here in Mumbai they quote Rs 3800 for 3.2 litre oil change for the same .
Is this price that they have charged to me correct ?
How much did others pay for PETRONAS 5 W 40 here on the forum ?
My bad. I made a mistake in understanding the SA .

TCRS delivered my car back after 30K paid service at my office at Bandra west
Total payment made was for Rs7284/-
Correction in the oil cost i menioned in my above post :

The break up is as under :
Synthetic oil 5w40 petronas : 3.2Litre :Rs 1431.12
Oil filter : Rs 365.33
Bulb: 2 nos: Rs 119.11*
Lamp wsw : Rs 51.56*
Brake oil universal :0.5 litres: Rs 174.22
coolant 6 litres : Rs 880
Service plus -Wurth : RS 200
Outside welding : Rs 250*
brake disc -front (only service) : Rs 700
oil change labour : Rs 900
Parking brake switch replaced(labour) : Rs 83*
Parking brake switch replaced(labour) : Rs 83*
brake disc/drums -rear (only service) : Rs 700*
brake disc replacement : Rs 300*
Service tax : Rs 385
Edu cess :Rs 7.72
S&He cess :Rs 3.86
Other charges on labour ?????? :Rs 271.06
Total : Rs 7284/-

1)I find totallling mistake in above invoice
2)* : I will have to call and ask about more details the S A of these jobs done
3)Work done was to my satisfaction
4)Speedometer cluster was replaced in warranty since the illumination light and digital display of ODO was malfunctioning.
The problem even persisted with the new cluster.
They also removed the HID Ballast and replaced the Headlight with stock
halogen bulbs and the problem was solved (this they had shown to me while dropping off car to them)

car was returned same day .
Overall satisfied

One more importaqnt update :

TCRS worli is no longer being managed by TATA MOTORS directly now .

It has been taken over by Concorde since last 3-4 months

There has been some changes (neutral ) in the working now

**** since the speedo cluster is new the ODO reading is reset to 0 (this was on saturday -05/10/2013. Today on 07/102013 it is 288kms.
My question here is is it correct on concorde part to not sync the KMs(mileage) reading from previuos cluster to the new one ?
I personally am uncomfortable with the new reset and would have preferred it to continue with the original reading.

Last edited by madhu33 : 7th October 2013 at 12:08.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:05   #1449
BHPian

Update:

Today (21/10/2013) while on my way to office the engine died suddenly
and the orange engine check light was glowing .
I somehow managed to park it at a side safely while i had the momentum.
Took off of the ignition key, waited for a couple of minutes and tried to switch on again but the dreadful light was on. But the engine was not dying this time.
Called the 24x7 helpline for assistance.
In the meanwhile managed to reach office with the car .
(engine dying scenario occurred once again while reaching office)

IN the office left the car as is and when the mechanic arrived and started the engine .The engine check light was gone .
He checked what he could but advised me to take the car to service centre for scanning.

I have this policy with baja Allianz wherein i have a free of cost flat bed towing service which i availed off for the 1st time .

Have dropped the car to TCRS worli. They scanned in front of me and claimed that it is showing 2 -3 errors : Fuel injection , brake switch and 3rd i don't remember.
They said they will check all thoroughly and try to send the car back to my office by evening if possible.
So m waiting for further news.

Meanwhile i had no option but to leave the dieseltronics tuning box installed in the car and also the stock pipercross air filter as is.I hope this want create me any problems.
Old 26th October 2013, 12:29   #1450

Hi Madhu
I am at TCRS Worli just now getting the niggles sorted out. the clutch switch was not getting engaged and hence the engine was getting cut off suddenly at the change of gears. The guys came home and rectified but advised me to come for the change of the switch. I am here today and met Mr Patil also.
The turbo was also cutting in pretty late at about 34000 or so and hence the power was not building up. Hope to resolve the issues with my presence here and then write back my experiences.
Hope you are driving along again.
Szakiv
Old 26th October 2013, 14:09   #1451
BHPian

Hi

Yes , my Manza was back with me delivered to my office premises the same day within 4 hours since the flat bed tow truck dropped it there.
They replaced a brake switch and thats it.

I already did 200 km run yesterday and no problems for me .

Hope your manza is also fine finally .
Keep me posted.

Regards
Old 11th November 2013, 11:33   #1452
BHPian

A few queries to fellow Manza owners :

At 32000kms, I now notice the refinement levels are not the same as it was when my manza was new and engine 'grrrr' noise in the cabin has increased. Do other manzas also feel the same way about the overall refinement levels after 30-40k on ODO?
Is it because of the cheaper semi synthetic oil that they have put this time while on 30,000 km service ? and May be i got too used to the engine refinement with fully synthetic oil(mobil 1 approx Rs 3600/- for 3.2 litres?).
can there be a noticeable difference in engine refinement levels and high rpm revvability due to this oil change ?
Please note that my question is related to earlier fully synth mobil 1 oil v/s the currently running semi synth Petronas oil. I know that as a brand even Petronas is known to be good. But is this oil change taken away some of the refinement levels of my Manza's Engine? Or do i have to check the sound insulation inside the bonnet?

Also 1 niggle which I have been living with last 6 months is that there is a strong rattle from car exteriors at speeds of 130+ kmphs.
(this may be after i had small accident at the rear of the car and the boot lid(dicky) was replaced by TASS by a new one.)
Have to invest time and get things sorted out at Tass.
The rattle seems to be that of some body panel loosely fitted on the rear side of the car. Although physical examination by me on a sationary car reveals nothing of this sort.
Any pointers on this?
I have lip type spoiler installed on my boot. Is that rattling at those speeds due to the strong air draft? Physically it seems to pasted alright to the boot but slight pasting has given away and can be made out when one tries to uproot the spoiler.
The problem to get this noticed at any TASS is how to replicate the noise to them as there is hardly any place in Mumbai to get them testing the car at 130+kmphs speed? Can this be rectified without replicating the sound to them?

Last edited by madhu33 : 11th November 2013 at 11:34.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:00   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few queries to fellow Manza owners :

At 32000kms, I now notice the refinement levels are not the same as it was when my manza was new and engine 'grrrr' noise in the cabin has increased. Do other manzas also feel the same way about the overall refinement levels after 30-40k on ODO?
Is it because of the cheaper semi synthetic oil that they have put this time while on 30,000 km service ? and May be i got too used to the engine refinement with fully synthetic oil(mobil 1 approx Rs 3600/- for 3.2 litres?).
can there be a noticeable difference in engine refinement levels and high rpm revvability due to this oil change ?
Please note that my question is related to earlier fully synth mobil 1 oil v/s the currently running semi synth Petronas oil. I know that as a brand even Petronas is known to be good. But is this oil change taken away some of the refinement levels of my Manza's Engine? Or do i have to check the sound insulation inside the bonnet?
Yes this (change from synthetic to semi-synthetic engine oil) is the cause for the lack of engine refinement that you are experiencing. Generally change like you have done is not recommended & this is precisely the reason for the same. Also, I fear there may not be documented cases of long term usage after such shift which could point out the effects of the same.

I would recommend using System-D till the next engine oil change.

Also, for the lip type spoiler try using 3M industrial grade two sided tape (which comes in black colour), & this will help you fix it properly to avoid the rattle, which I feel (on basis of your explanation) is because of the spoiler coming loose & not the bootlid.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 11th November 2013 at 12:03.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 12:30   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Yes this (change from synthetic to semi-synthetic engine oil) is the cause for the lack of engine refinement that you are experiencing. Generally change like you have done is not recommended & this is precisely the reason for the same. Also, I fear there may not be documented cases of long term usage after such shift which could point out the effects of the same.

I would recommend using System-D till the next engine oil change.
Hi CARDEEP "When you say change like you have did" is not recomended ?
which change are you referring to? the oil change ?
Well regarding the oil change i had no option as PETARONAS semi synth was the only one option available with Worli TASS- Concorde. They were very clear that now they are doing it for every vehicle with Fiat Quadrajet engine.
They had no stocks of Mobil 1 fully synth oil.

Also , yes i somehow have got left over - 2 bottles of System D extra . How do i use it ? Do i add it to diesel tank every time i tank up ?

You really feel that will make it feel again the same way ?
I may even spend again on the oil and revert back to Mobil Delvac or Mobil 1.
Do you know any place where i can get it changed in Mumbai?
May be a place where we can be sure of no counterfeit of the oil Mobil 1 or Mobil Delvac.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:41   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi CARDEEP "When you say change like you have did" is not recomended ?
which change are you referring to? the oil change ?
Well regarding the oil change i had no option as PETARONAS semi synth was the only one option available with Worli TASS- Concorde. They were very clear that now they are doing it for every vehicle with Fiat Quadrajet engine.
They had no stocks of Mobil 1 fully synth oil.

Also , yes i somehow have got left over - 2 bottles of System D extra . How do i use it ? Do i add it to diesel tank every time i tank up ?

You really feel that will make it feel again the same way ?
I may even spend again on the oil and revert back to Mobil Delvac or Mobil 1.
Do you know any place where i can get it changed in Mumbai?
May be a place where we can be sure of no counterfeit of the oil Mobil 1 or Mobil Delvac.
Yes, I am referring to the change of oil from synthetic to semi-synthetic.

I am not sure why the TASS changed the oil when they did not had the synthetic oil, or didn't you inform them about your usage of synthetic engine oil. In any case, you should carry oil of your preference, if it is unavailable at your service centre, unless they discourage such practice.

Re usage of System-D it has to be poured in fuel tank before you refuel. The mix is 1 capful (it got a separate container/ cap at the top for the measurement) for every 5 liters of fuel. I believe it it also mentioned on the bottle.

Lastly, I am from Delhi & do not know about Mumbai dealers storing synthetic oil. Try looking for the same in TBHP Directory or Mumbai TBHP-ians.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks