Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 14:30   #1486
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Also i am not so happy with the engine feel in 2200-3000-3300/3400 RPM band.
The smoothness which used to be there till 20,000kms on the ODO is not there. i was using MOBIL 1 Fully synthetic till that time .
Also i don't know the exact reason for this feeling ..
1)is it the just the oil or
But it is still the same with CASTROL EDGE which i have put at last service around 2-3000 kms ago.
I don't understand why have TATA discontinued MOBIL 1 fully synthetic oil.
If you the felt the difference between Mobil & PETRONAS / Castrol then must be the oil change. It could be diesel as well not sure. I have felt a smoothness when I use BPCL Diesel over the HP or Indian Diesel. I have been told they don't use PETRONAS on Manza but on the Linea.

Go back to Mobil that's the only way to be sure.

Average maybe due to the temperatures.

I will be doing the Kerala trip in May so I guess I will and should expect an average of 16Kms though I have got some awesome averages till now from my Manza. Lets see will update on this once done.
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 16:02   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed a Mumbai - Igatpuri-Ghoti-Shirdi- Shingnapur - Chakan(pune)- Mumbai trip on Saturday -Sunday . (Aprox 651 kms total)

Hey Madhu, thanks for pointing to this post. Well I am not too sure on the NVH levels but my Manza engine roar can be heard if aggressively accelerating past 2500 rpm. The feeling of no power to overtake on single lane highway might be any issue. First two things that come to mind are brakes causing friction in free wheel rotation or clutch giving away. I had a boot full of luggage during my Leh trip and overtaking never felt degraded. Even now i.e. yesterday while on the highway despite not servicing the car for long it never felt out of pace. This might be due to remap so why not drive in p2 mode and check.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 08:26   #1488
BHPian

Hi friends

My Manza is almost 3 years old with 27K on the odo. I am not happy with any of the authorised service centres like KHT motors, Concorde, Aadya etc in Bangalore. I would like to get my car serviced with a third party garage in Bangalore. Can some one suggest me a good trustworthy garage in Bangalore (preferably in South Bangalore , but however this is not predominantly important)

Thanks in advance
Old 19th April 2014, 08:48   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Try RAAM cool cars near Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, they are also an ASS for Tata cars. I know them from 3 years now and they do a fair job. Contact Ramalingam directly.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 14:15   #1490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Can some one suggest me a good trustworthy garage in Bangalore (preferably in South Bangalore , but however this is not predominantly important)
I have not personally experienced it as I am not from Bangalore, but some of my Bangalore friends (from other forum) swear by the service of a garage by the name HiTech Auto.

HITECH AUTO INDIA (P) LTD Bangalore 4th N Block, Behind EE-Sanje Building OFF. DR. RAJKUKAR ROAD 3RD STAGE, RAJAJI NAGAR Pin -560 010 080 3128226, 3125444, 3125409/ 9243116070

Around 3 years ago Mr. Sudhir was Propreitor, and MD and Mr. Nagendra (works manager). Not sure who hold these positions now.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 20:45   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Try RAAM cool cars near Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road, they are also an ASS for Tata cars. I know them from 3 years now and they do a fair job. Contact Ramalingam directly.
This is would be pretty close to my home. Have seen this service centre many times when i pass through BG road. Happy that you have been visiting them from past 3 years.

Are they trust worthy. Can i leave the car with them without standing next to them during service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I have not personally experienced it as I am not from Bangalore, but some of my Bangalore friends (from other forum) swear by the service of a garage by the name HiTech Auto.

HITECH AUTO INDIA (P) LTD Bangalore 4th N Block, Behind EE-Sanje Building OFF. DR. RAJKUKAR ROAD 3RD STAGE, RAJAJI NAGAR Pin -560 010 080 3128226, 3125444, 3125409/ 9243116070

Around 3 years ago Mr. Sudhir was Propreitor, and MD and Mr. Nagendra (works manager). Not sure who hold these positions now.
Thanks for the information. Shall try sometime.
Old 20th April 2014, 22:58   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are they trust worthy. Can i leave the car with them without standing next to them during service.

My Accent was regularly serviced here along with clutch replacement last year, they did a good job, have referred my friends also here and they have been happy. Contact Ramalingam directly and he will ensure job is done well.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:49   #1493
BHPian

It was a Sunday well spent yesterday.
Took the Manza to Kashid .
Started late morning and was back home late in the evening.
Mileage during the trip i got was 17-18kmpl.

Was a good drive .

i know election time in Mumbai ...cant help but mention :
651 kms last to last weekend & around 300kms this last weekend again.
Maharashtra roads haven't been disappointing anywhere.
I had swapped Manza Air filter from Pipercross to the stock one in order to check on the highrpm revvability issue mentioned in earlier posts. Unfortunately i hardly got the chance to test high rpms in 4-5th gear.
Meanwhile i have given my Pipercross air filter for cleaning at Wheels car customs (from where i had purchased it long ago).

Planning to drive to Goa (approx 600+kms from mumbai)
next to next weekend.
Any suggestions on anything that needs to be prepared/checked in the car for this trip ?
Suggestions welcome . Thanks in advance.
Old 27th April 2014, 21:40   #1494
BHPian

Friends i have an. Urgent query.

My manza's battery life seems to have exhausted. I couldn't start the car when i switched it off in the traffic signal today . I was surprised, because, i had driven the car for more than 500kms just one day before the incident occurred. And also i had driven the car for more than 100 kms just before the signal where i had switched off the car and couldn't restart.
When i checked the battery, the distilled water was completely exhausted. Now i have filled the battery with distilled water and have driven about 100 kms. I was happy to see that the car is starting now.

Now the major problem is that i have to drive back to Bangalore tomorrow. I really don't know whether i can switch on the a/c when the car is running. during my travel to Bangalore. Please suggest me whether it is required to change the battery beforehand to avoid any further problems. Also i do not have time to charge the battery now.
Please suggest.
Old 28th April 2014, 19:44   #1495

Quote:
Friends i have an. Urgent query.

My manza's battery life seems to have exhausted. I couldn't start the car when i switched it off in the traffic signal today . I was surprised, because, i had driven the car for more than 500kms just one day before the incident occurred. And also i had driven the car for more than 100 kms just before the signal where i had switched off the car and couldn't restart.
When i checked the battery, the distilled water was completely exhausted. Now i have filled the battery with distilled water and have driven about 100 kms. I was happy to see that the car is starting now.

Now the major problem is that i have to drive back to Bangalore tomorrow. I really don't know whether i can switch on the a/c when the car is running. during my travel to Bangalore. Please suggest me whether it is required to change the battery beforehand to avoid any further problems. Also i do not have time to charge the battery now.
Please suggest.
Hey,

The HVAC compressor of Manza is mechanically driven by the engine, but the blower fan runs on the battery. Since air-conditioning is essential, you can run the fan on the lowest speed setting. If your battery has enough amperage to start the Q-Jet engine, I don't see any reason why it can't power the blower fan at it's "lowest speed" setting. On top of that, the alternator will keep on charging the battery while the engine is running.

Please switch-off the AC 10-15 minutes prior to shutting down the engine, so that the battery gets more breathing space to charge. Try not to use the high-beam headlights, fog lamps, demister and any other accessories. Avoid night-time driving, if you can.

My Manza is of 2010 (March) make and I have an OEM maintenance-free Exide battery. You said your battery is non-maintenance-free type. Is your battery an OEM one or an after-market replacement?

Get your battery checked to see if it has reached it's end-of-life, before trading it for a brand-new Maintenance-Free battery.
Bhargava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 15:27   #1496
Senior - BHPian

It is a value for money car and has a very decent back seat. On a recent visit to Bhopal the car hire company got me this to travel in the city. I also went to Indore in this and left it there catching a flight back to Delhi from Indore.

I like it and am going to buy one next week to be driven by a company driver for daily commute.
desertfox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 14:39   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava View Post
Hey,

The HVAC compressor of Manza is mechanically driven by the engine, but the blower fan runs on the battery. Since air-conditioning is essential, you can run the fan on the lowest speed setting. If your battery has enough amperage to start the Q-Jet engine, I don't see any reason why it can't power the blower fan at it's "lowest speed" setting. On top of that, the alternator will keep on charging the battery while the engine is running.

Please switch-off the AC 10-15 minutes prior to shutting down the engine, so that the battery gets more breathing space to charge. Try not to use the high-beam headlights, fog lamps, demister and any other accessories. Avoid night-time driving, if you can.

My Manza is of 2010 (March) make and I have an OEM maintenance-free Exide battery. You said your battery is non-maintenance-free type. Is your battery an OEM one or an after-market replacement?

Get your battery checked to see if it has reached it's end-of-life, before trading it for a brand-new Maintenance-Free battery.
Thanks for your reply. My dead OEM battery was Exide MF.I couldn't relive with it and had to get new battery for my Manza. My OEM battery was almost 3.6 years old which i think is good.

Not got Amaron MF battery for 4.8K after giving my old battery.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 15:17   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava View Post
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. My dead OEM battery was Exide MF.I couldn't relive with it and had to get new battery for my Manza. My OEM battery was almost 3.6 years old which i think is good.

Not got Amaron MF battery for 4.8K after giving my old battery.
Old 16th August 2014, 14:00   #1499
BHPian

Well Almost 45k on the ODO.
Manza has been serving well. Still feels as good as new.
No need of visits to TASS unnecessarily
It has taken my abusive driving style very nicely in it's stride.
Exactly 3 years of owning the swift and it was a rattle snake and also other
minor issues every now and then which forced me into the Manza then.
Manza still as silent as new in the inside and outside.

These TATA cars are surely built much better than my earlier Swift and Alto.

Some call Tata cars "butt ugly',Somehow, i find the Manza to be a better looking option in entry level sedans segments.
The Lineas and Ventos are in completely different league ofcourse...
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0266.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0267.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0268.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0269.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0271.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0272.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0273.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0275.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0278.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img_0270.jpg  

Last edited by madhu33 : 16th August 2014 at 14:02.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 13:45   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Well Almost 45k on the ODO.
Manza has been serving well. Still feels as good as new.
No need of visits to TASS unnecessarily
It has taken my abusive driving style very nicely in it's stride.
Exactly 3 years of owning the swift and it was a rattle snake and also other
minor issues every now and then which forced me into the Manza then.
Manza still as silent as new in the inside and outside.

These TATA cars are surely built much better than my earlier Swift and Alto.

Some call Tata cars "butt ugly',Somehow, i find the Manza to be a better looking option in entry level sedans segments.
The Lineas and Ventos are in completely different league ofcourse...
Looks good. And it shows that you have kept it well.

Continue enjoying Manzing as I call it!

Cheers!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks