Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2013, 14:40   #1426
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Is Tata Manza CS in the making?

The statements of TATA's key personnel add strength to the belief that Tata Motors is working on a Manza CS.

Old 17th February 2013, 17:42   #1427
Senior - BHPian

My cousin has bought a new Manza VX. We are unable to see the outside temperature on the MID. The old Manza had this feature. I have seen it in my company cabs. We contacted the dealer and got a reply telling that this feature is not present in the new Manza. However the Manza brochure tells that this feature is present in VX variant. I request Manza owners to comment on this.
Old 18th February 2013, 07:48   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
My cousin has bought a new Manza VX. We are unable to see the outside temperature on the MID. The old Manza had this feature. We contacted the dealer and got a reply telling that this feature is not present in the new Manza. However the Manza brochure tells that this feature is present in VX variant. I request Manza owners to comment on this.
Check out the Owner's Manual and revert back as to what does that say about it, please.
Old 25th April 2013, 14:57   #1429
BHPian

I read a post by a customer on Manza official facebook page that Tata has started using a new Petronas made 5W40 engine oil for Manza diesel which costs about 400/L.

Is this true and has anyone come across this? If so please share more details.
Old 25th April 2013, 20:08   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I read a post by a customer on Manza official facebook page that Tata has started using a new Petronas made 5W40 engine oil for Manza diesel which costs about 400/L.

Is this true and has anyone come across this? If so please share more details.
Haven't heard or came to know any such thing...
Btw how's Mobil Delvac 5W40 oil.. Someone recommend that especially for my upcoming trip to Ladakh?
Old 5th May 2013, 14:56   #1431
BHPian

Since I didn't get a reply on technical section for the same question, reposting it to the test drive thread. Guys, In a recent visit to TASS, the service adviser told that the case/bar holding radiator and ac started rusting and it may break in few years. Below is a picture of the same. I have highlighted a portion of it (circled) for better visibility. The car is just 3 years and maintained well. The service adviser was insisting that there is no preventive mechanism now and I will have to replace that entire case when it breaks. When I asked how much it will cost, his answer was > 10K. That is too much money to spend and I would like to know if there is anything I can do to prevent further rusting. Also is there anything that can remove the existing rust ?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130505_145239.png
Views: 4685
Size:  576.4 KB
Name:  ForumRunner_20130505_145421.png
Views: 3763
Size:  531.5 KB
Old 5th May 2013, 18:41   #1432
Senior - BHPian

I think the part that you have highlighted at the centre (just above the "T" logo) is made up of cast iron (CI), without any painting. It seems to hours the fan & radiator assembly (at least by the warning written on top of it). CI parts are prone to rusting. Ideally TML should have painted that part or at least given red oxide coat, but cost cutting at its best. You may try giving it a red oxide & paint coat. Even without that there won't be any issues, if you leave it as it is.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 22:55   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
CI parts are prone to rusting. Ideally TML should have painted that part or at least given red oxide coat, but cost cutting at its best
Yes, even I too wondered why wasn't it painted. I could somehow digest the cost cutting efforts done by TATA, but their after sales is becoming intolerable. Give the car for some small issues and I end up with some big issues. Recently gave it for a small scratch repaint on a door and now I have a rattling door and dirty interior!! Seems those guys had a nice time inside the car with greasy boots.
Old 6th May 2013, 10:34   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Consider getting a lacquer coating for the engine bay. Although it has some disadvantages, the coating will resist rusting. You ca see this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2923612 for more info.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:37   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Tata has a potential winner up its sleeve, if they think about going in for a seven seater Manza based Marina. They have the engine and the platform to build on. This could become an effective Ertiga rival.
Old 26th May 2013, 15:03   #1436
BHPian

Yes thats right, now TATA recomends to use Fully Synthetic 5W40 Oil from Petronas, which meets the requirement, as the cost difference between 5W40 from Petronas is very competitive when compared to Castrol 0W40.I got this update from TATA & also from AutoZone @Coimbatore.
ANy technical issues, which is not resolved by your dealers , I would personally suggest to drive down to AutoZone in csae if you happen to travel via Coimbator or if you are in & around Coimbatore. AutoZone does a decent work, & faster turnaround, well qualified team.
Old 12th June 2013, 08:51   #1437
BHPian

After many iffy experiences at various TASS in Delhi, finally had a pleasant experience at 'Narain Singh and Sons' which is near the Jahangirpuri Metro Stn. The owner, Mr. Hardeep Singh is quite clued up and his son, Mr Mandeep is a bhpian himself. Most importantly, they take their time and do a good job. Recently got my clutch set changed at 48000 kms and the brake master cylinder as well. Dinesh is the Service Advisor to look for.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:09   #1438
BHPian

Had the opportunity to travel in the manza for over 3 hours yesterday. Rear seat.

Okay, lots of space. But what i absolutely hated and found very uncomfortable was the insufficient thigh space on the rear bench. First hour was managing with shifting around the seat. Later on was simply unbearable. I'm 5.11".

Also the cushion/foam was very little for actual comfort. Felt hard & eventually all the excess legroom, shoulder room did not matter.

My views all the same. Would be glad if someone else can share their views on what i've mentioned.
Old 12th June 2013, 14:52   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Okay, lots of space. But what i absolutely hated and found very uncomfortable was the insufficient thigh space on the rear bench.
Manza is supposed to be have one of the best rear seats even when compared to 10L+ sedans but I agree that the backrest is a bit too much inclined and maybe that made you slide low thus depriving your thighs of the much needed support. Tata guys say that they have inclined the seats to the exact same angle as an S class!!
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:20   #1440

Hi Guys! Sorry to break the euphoria over owning a Tata Manza but being an owner of a Manza since the last three years( Quadrajet Aura+ Aug 2010 ) I have had issues with the car from within five minutes of buying the car from TELMOS Hissar.
I have not given up and have been trying to get the best out of the TATA stable since the last three years, Have battled corrossion, Engine failure indications, Change of Instrument panel, Change of DIS, Change of Conbi switch, Change of Exhaust pipeline and number of electronics including the power window switches and the air motor.
Most of my weekends inthe last three years have been at TATA workshops and talking to TATA who's who to get the issues resolved. This included two visits to Pune to the TATA Factory and the PCBU. I am In Mumbai now and have just an hour back narrated the recent issues withmy car to the representative from TATA Worli. Hope to get some respite .
Being an engineer was all for indigenious capabilities and giving a boost to the national effort towards car manufacturing but was left with a bad taste.
Hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel so I have tried my level best and have suffered financial and emotional setbacks also including two accidents because of control failure. I refuse to give up and perhaps this time when my Car goes to the workshop I would be able to have the pleasure of driving a new car which I have missed since the last three years.
Incidently the rep told me that NOW Indigo Manza is a zero defect Car. Presumably I was three years early in buying the car.
Wishing all the TATA owners all the best and Happy Motoring and a caution to the new buyers ,tread with care. Only one thing which I am satisfied is that TATA's response in replacement .
Maybe the next post on this thread would be of satisfaction .
Regards
Szakiv
Szakiv is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks