Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 15:24   #1471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I am planning to get a good dual-din HU, componets in front doors/amp and co-axials on the rear doors fitted. Since Manza's stock HU size is different from a standard dual-din, I will have to get a frame which can fit a dual-din HU. Please suggest where I can get this frame? And also some good suggestions for HU, components, amp and co-axials.
But if you are planning to replace it in a year or so dont you feel the investment in changing the ice set up wouldnt be justified ?
For your question i am posting a few pics of my Hu console.

1)The frame was procured from:
http://www.easytradestore.com/easyma...all-frame.html
I bought it at rs 800/- under some offer approx 8months ago. but now the amount shown in the link is 2185/- (might be a better finish/quality frame)
I had also checked the same with my local accessories store and it was more or less same type of finish which i got for rs 800/-. while his cost was 2200/-
I remember it was a headache to coordinate the dispatch with the punjabi accented gentle man on the number given on the website.

Was not happy with the overall aesthetics with the golden panels and gloss Black touchscreen so recently experimented with gloss c f vinyl which IMo looks better then earlier version(1st pic). However i am still not happy with the overall aesthetics and i might go in for wood finish from ORCHIS as a cover up job.

2)Front Components are Infinity , Rear Co axials are JBL . 4 channel amp for this set up and then MTX bass tube in the boot with inbuilt Amp.

Overall quite satisfied with the SQ vis a vis amount spent on it .

Would advice you to go for Helix component speakers as it has phenomenal bass and then you don't need the bass tube and save yourselves the valuable boot space .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20130624_170010.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img20131225wa0002.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-img20131225wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by madhu33 : 16th January 2014 at 15:42.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:17   #1472
BHPian

Re: Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review

Hi,

I am looking for 108 PCD alloys for my Manza, but not able to find them online anywhere. Please help.

Regards

Nitin
Old 17th January 2014, 10:21   #1473
Senior - BHPian

http://www.neowheels.com/Wheel_Match.aspx
search, and ye will find

typically real world searches will yield better results. Alloy wheels really don't lend themselves much to ecommerce
Old 20th January 2014, 14:17   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
This guy doesn't have the frame in stock anymore.

Is there any place else from where I can buy it? Preferably in NCR...
Old 20th January 2014, 14:41   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

This guy doesn't have the frame in stock anymore.

Is there any place else from where I can buy it? Preferably in NCR...
I can give you more than a Couple of contacts in Mumbai . Try contacting wheels car customs, oshiwara,mumbai - Mr Nitin / Mr Chintan - 02265611228. They can deliver the frame to you by courier.

However I am sure many accessories shops in Delhi might be able to source it for you at a lesser cost.I Don't have any specific contacts in that region.
Old 27th January 2014, 19:07   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
B
For your question i am posting a few pics of my Hu console.

Was not happy with the overall aesthetics with the golden panels and gloss Black touchscreen so recently experimented with gloss c f vinyl which IMo looks better then earlier version(1st pic). However i am still not happy with the overall aesthetics and i might go in for wood finish from ORCHIS as a cover up job.
Update : finally got the wood finish done . There were more than 1 reason for this expenditure on my Manza:
1)Was not aesthetically satisfied with the previous iterations
2)The golden finish from the streo console had started peeling off.

Cost Rs 3000/- . got it done at Orchis.

I wanted something not looking load at all.
So Ebony finish was the most silent of the options they had.

Posting a few pics. The pic quality and photography is again not so great.
I am not so good at photography.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_105653.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_105730.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_105738.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_110319.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_110330.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_110343.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140124_110336.jpg  

Old 21st February 2014, 14:58   #1477
BHPian

Tragedy struck :

While i was waiting on a red signal, A black swift dezire crashed from behind.
(probably his brakes weren't working ).

I asked the owner who was driving to pay up politely but with a firm stand.
He pleaded to let him go and that he earns just 11K per month. Looking at him i was sure that he trying to make a fool of me.

Later on discussion he offered me to take the car to his friend's garage to which i was firm that the car will be taken to only to one of the TASS.
Finally made him pay Rs 4000/- in cash and let him go as i had time pressure for office.
He was also pointing out to his bent bonnet , broken headlight, broken bumper.

Have to give the car for new rear bumper.
TASS WORLI has seen the photoes on whatsapp and the Body shop guy has quoted somewhere abround 8K for new Bumper. (but final quote will be after seeing the damage in person).

a few pics of the damage
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_102346.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_102356.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_114702.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_114704.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_114709.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-20140221_114711.jpg  

Old 21st February 2014, 18:09   #1478
BHPian

Dear Madhu33,

Please let me know what you have done to your headlamps. It looks fantastic. Also give me the specifications of the lamps you are using.

If you have already mentioned the post earlier can you please redirect me there.

Thanks
TorqMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 19:11   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
A lot of Tata bashing going around in other threads

Also had the opportunity (with BIL on driver's seat) to experience the legendary back seat comfort of the Manza on my way back from Shirdi a couple weeks ago and boy it does offer superlative back support ,perfect recline angle and under thigh support.
Completely in love with it. Easily beats the comfort of sedans priced substantially higher.

No other vehicle at that price point or at a slightly higher price point can offer such levels of seat comfort.

Whatever shortcoming the product has is surely very small as compared to the advantages it offers. This is coming from a consumer with 2.5 years of ownership now and from my earlier posts you can easily see that i have also had not so good moments with the car
@Madhu33 - I have been an owner now of the club class VX ( i call her the black beauty ) for 9 Months! Just got her 3rd service done with oil change and in this short span i have done around 16K Kms and can only say that i am completely in awe of my beauty. She rolls on our potholed filled roads, completely reliable, the AC is an absolute beauty and the best part is that i can see the look of envy when other car owners sit inside and enjoy the space and comfort. It gives me such a kick when i get them to admit ( though a bit defensively ) that the room inside is awesome and the ride quality is definitely better than the car they ride. All in all a superb buy and great decision on my part ( i need a pat on my back for that ). I am now getting an average of 16.6Kms in city driving with full time AC. I got an average of 24.8KMs when i did a Mumbai -Shirdi trip a couple of months back. I have done Mumbai - Mookambika and also Mumbai - Goa and averaged around 22Kms on both those trips.

Great to see your snaps as well..

Cheers!

Stay Safe, Be Safe!
shashi63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:28   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
All in all a superb buy and great decision on my part ( i need a pat on my back for that )
, Manza is a highly underrated car in the market.

Quote:
I am now getting an average of 16.6Kms in city driving with full time AC. I got an average of 24.8KMs when i did a Mumbai -Shirdi trip a couple of months back. I have done Mumbai - Mookambika and also Mumbai - Goa and averaged around 22Kms on both those trips.
The mileage you are getting is awesome. Please let me know if you are going by the MID displayed figures or tankful auto cut to Tankful auto cut method?
In Mumbai traffic day to day commute - Goregaon west to bandra west,I am getting around 15 km pl mileage while on highway as i have mentioned in my earlier post it is somewhere around 18-19 km pl.
IN my earlier ALto LXI i used to get 13kmpl and in swift VXI - 12kmpl on the same route.
(This is tankful auto cut to tankful auto cut method)
I would also recommend you to go in for Pipercross stock air filter which will further enhance the low end torque .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Dear Madhu33,

Please let me know what you have done to your headlamps. It looks fantastic.
Thanks
Thanks , you sure got eye and attention to detail to have noticed that mod in my Manza (given my pathetic photography skills.)
The headlamps and the overall front profile of the car looks much much better in person than in those pics.

The head lights were stripped open and the bezel was blackened using bosny matt black spray.
This was done at Wheels car customs . Andheri.

Quote:
Dear Madhu33,

Also give me the specifications of the lamps you are using.
If you have already mentioned the post earlier can you please redirect me there.
Thanks
The lamps are HELLA COMET 200FF.
Detailed pics and other details can be found here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...y-lamps-8.html
Please also refer to the beam pattern pics and stock headlight beam pattern pics in post 100 and post 102 in above link.

They are extremely useful on those night highway drives where you like to maintain a constant 90-100 kmph speed.

Posting a few more pics here:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-no-lamps-night-front.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-no-lamps-night-side.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-lamps-night-off.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-lamps-day-off.jpeg  

Tata Indigo Manza : Test Drive & Review-lamps-day-off-front.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2014, 13:43   #1481
BHPian

Quote:
The mileage you are getting is awesome. Please let me know if you are going by the MID displayed figures or tankful auto cut to Tankful auto cut method?
In Mumbai traffic day to day commute - Goregaon west to bandra west,I am getting around 15 km pl mileage while on highway as i have mentioned in my earlier post it is somewhere around 18-19 km pl.
IN my earlier ALto LXI i used to get 13kmpl and in swift VXI - 12kmpl on the same route.
(This is tankful auto cut to tankful auto cut method)
@madhu33 - Thanks, Will try the airfilter during my next trip to the service centre. the mileage figure on MID shows 16.3 to 17Kml. The Tank full to tank full method is what provides a figure of 16.6. I drive around Thane to various places with Mumbai including Navi Mumbai on the Thane - Belapur Road. The Highway mileage is Tankfull to Tankfull method. The MID figures are a little off. The MID showed around 23.1km. from many posts and the recommendations of the guy i befriended at the service centre, i made sure i used the castrol oil during the oil change also i stick to BPCL diesel. I can feel the difference in fuels, If i use BPCL Diesel the engine feels smoother. Maybe its just my opinion cant say but i do feel a smoothness in the engine.

Drive Safe! Be Safe!
Old 26th February 2014, 19:17   #1482
BHPian

Thanks madhu,
do you happen to know anyone in Chennai or Bangalore who can do that?

I wish if there was a way to upgrade the fog lamps with the hella bulbs or any other additional bulbs someway. It would negate having the extra lamps near the radiator and retain the stock look.

BTW..i too drive a manza, hence was able to notice the difference in the lamp housing immediately.
Old 11th April 2014, 15:01   #1483
BHPian

Recently on teambhp there has been various threads related to cars / other topics around Tata Motors. It is indeed painful to see how each one of those threads become no more than a TATA BASHING thread.

I have had both good and bad bits of the ownership of the TATA MANZA

My Experience now at 40000 plus kms with Tata manza viz a viz my previus Swift (sold @ ~37000 run) and ALto( sold at ~33000 run) :

1)Both swift and Alto had numerous rattles on the inside at the mentioned age Whereas MANZA is still SOOOOO QUIET and feels so new and from higher segment than that of swift and Alto. This is my personal experience and observation from ownership of the mentioned products.

2)Mileage : daily traffic home(Goregaon west) to Office (Bandra west) and back - peak rush hour traffic both ways .
Manza (diesel) : ~13-15kmpl (depending on weather - summers or winters)
Swift (petrol):~10.5-11kmpl
Alto (petrol):~12-13kmpl
And this with the fact that the Manza weighs a whopping 1250-1300kgs(with added accessories)

3)In some of my earlier posts i have mentioned how i find the CONCORDE - TATA service centre and service standards FAR better than that of VITESSE/SPECTRA of MARUTI. And would like to reiterate the same now.
In fact thankfully there is no taxi crowd(unlike Toyota(once visited with friend) and Hyundai(next to my gym) ... 2 brands now a favorite with taxi drivers...read.. may be more reliable , longer life and more fuel efficient cars). In my almost 3 years of ownership, i hardly remember encountering any taxi drivers during the service station visits.

4)Overall the experience so far has been much much better than the previous ones with ALTO and SWIFT.
And yes the MANZA feels like a segment higher to SWIFT & SWIFT DZIRE in many many aspects. (again a personal opinion..No offense meant to anyone)

4)At around the same time period of ownership with Alto(nervous on highways) and SWIFT(due to various rattles and extremely cramped seats) i had to force myself for an upgrade, but with the MANZA now at nearly 3 years i don't feel the need of an upgrade. At the time of purchase the intention was to was to keep it for 3 years. but now at 3 years it feels good enough for another 2-3years. And with my driving style i feel it speaks a lot about the Manza's quality & sturdiness

Recently done the 40000kms service . This time i insisted for fully synthetic oil and they put Castrol Edge 5W40. It costs as much as synthetic but i don't see any difference in the engine behavior at lower and higher RPMs between the PEATRONAS semi synth oil and the CASTROL EDGE 5W40.
I feel Tata has stopped using MOBIL 1 and started CASTROL EDGE due to higher margins they might be getting with CASTROL. EDGE.
I feel that the higher rpm revvability was the best with MOBIL 1 oil.
Also noticed while oil change that the Catrol EDGE 4 liter can did not have SYNTHETIC written ANYWHERE on it but the invoice from Concorde says Synthetic oil - Castrol Edge 5w40.

Rear bumper was replaced : total cost Rs8643/- for the bumper including Chrome rub rails

Car picked from office in the morning and delivered back in the evening.
Interior cleaning , Exterior washing (with complimentary wax polish) were absolute 10 out of 10.

Have to mention that the service Advisor -Mr Javed Sheikh at CONCORDE WORLI is very good at his work. He is honest . He is Dedicated and genuinely tries to diagnose the root cause of any problem and then gets is solved to your satisfaction. He is attentive and keeps you updated on telephone. TATA sure needs more people like him to change people perception about TATA MOTORS.

Quote:
Thanks madhu,
do you happen to know anyone in Chennai or Bangalore who can do that?
I wish if there was a way to upgrade the fog lamps with the hella bulbs or any other additional bulbs someway. It would negate having the extra lamps near the radiator and retain the stock look.
BTW..i too drive a manza, hence was able to notice the difference in the lamp housing immediately.
Sorry TORQMASTER, i hardly know any one in that region , but am sure many can do it there.

Last edited by madhu33 : 11th April 2014 at 15:05.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 21:14   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Recently on teambhp there has been various threads related to cars / other topics around Tata Motors. It is indeed painful to see how each one of those threads become no more than a TATA BASHING thread.
@Madhu33 - +1 to your experience. I have now done around 18.5K running in my Manza VX. I am in awe and completely in love with my Black Beauty! Nary a compliant and while i tend to agree that the Manza is at its best when on Highways I can honestly ( and not because i own it ) say that the Manza as a car is years ahead of most of its competition.

next month it will complete 12 months of ownership and I intend to bring out my long term ownership review then. I will be doing a Mumbai - Kerala journey before this.. so plan to do it after this long drive.

I am also very keen on seeing the review of our Mod's on the Zest and intend to book one as my second car as soon as it is launched.

I have always noticed that there is a great tendency to criticise Tata and bash them up. I put this down to envy and the lack of guts to buy a good Indian Car!

Before I brought the Manza, i owned an Indica Turbo DLS and owned it for 5 years.I had no problems absolutely.

I have friends who own other cars and once they sit in the Manza and get the feeling inside they kind of grudgingly accept the fact that the car is good and comfortable but still find it hard to say that the car is better than the one they own. I had someone tell me after he drove my beauty for around 200kms that he loved everything about the car but the name ( he owns he verna and dzire ).

Sorry for the long reply.

Cheers! Hope to meet you sometime around Mumbai.
Old 14th April 2014, 13:21   #1485
BHPian

Completed a Mumbai - Igatpuri-Ghoti-Shirdi- Shingnapur - Chakan(pune)- Mumbai trip on Saturday -Sunday . (Aprox 651 kms total)

5 adults + my 7 year old son on board.
(p1mode on dieseltronic racechip through out the trip)
Driving style - slightly Aggressive.
Mileage i got is 15.74kmpl.
(a few long car parks with AC on can also be a reason for low mileage)
The weather outside was super hot.
AC had to be on max + fan speed on max most of the times.

Overtaking on some Single lane highways isn't a problem at all.
But have to admit it isn't as effortless as say a Vento(torqey)/chevy cruz . (i have driven a vento & cruze with 3/4 people on board only). However steering feel wise i like MANZA better(may be due to the hydraulic setup) than Vento(a little lighter than my liking).
Of course Cruze is far superior in most aspects.
However the Ground clearance advantage + ride quality & bad road behavior of the Manza is still worth a mention here.
This was the 1st time i was driving the Manza on the highway with more than 4 on board(had 6 on board + full luggage packed boot).

Also i am not so happy with the engine feel in 2200-3000-3300/3400 RPM band.
The smoothness which used to be there till 20,000kms on the ODO is not there. i was using MOBIL 1 Fully synthetic till that time .
Also i don't know the exact reason for this feeling ..
1)is it the just the oil or
2)or was it just the excessive weight due to 6(5 adults + 7 yr old) on board & luggage packed boot straining the puny 1.3 QJET engine?
3)or something else?
4)or some minor issue with turbo?
5)or just a slight degradation of NVH insulation over the period of 3 years ?
This is 1 question in my mind since last 3-4months now.
Initially i thought it was due to PETRONAS oil change at 20,000kms service.
But it is still the same with CASTROL EDGE which i have put at last service around 2-3000 kms ago.
I don't understand why have TATA discontinued MOBIL 1 fully synthetic oil.
6)I have piper cross air filter which i have been using since 18000kms .
No cleaning of the same has been done since then (now the ODO is 42-43K) The Air filter visibly looks clean and not so clogged to naked eye
7)Can it be due to Diseltronic tuning box? ( i was driving in p1 mode through out the trip)

Quote:
@Madhu33 -
next month it will complete 12 months of ownership and I intend to bring out my long term ownership review then. I will be doing a Mumbai - Kerala journey before this.. so plan to do it after this long drive.
Looking forward to your ownership report.

Quote:
Cheers! Hope to meet you sometime around Mumbai.
Same here . PM me if coming to mumbai. lets see if we can make it.
Would be nice to catch up in person.

Last edited by madhu33 : 14th April 2014 at 13:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks