Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 12:26   #1861

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Now I have had a nasty bump. My wife was driving in the market, and she managed to bump a bus, both in the front and the back at the same time !!!

Can anyone please advise me how much will it cost me, with insurance ?
Old 16th June 2011, 18:50   #1862
BHPian

Guys, I have spotted Silver colored Beats now. Just wanted to inform you of the developments. They have have discontinued with any previous color. The silver colored Beat look superb to say the least
Old 16th June 2011, 21:37   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Guys, I have spotted Silver colored Beats now. Just wanted to inform you of the developments. They have have discontinued with any previous color. The silver colored Beat look superb to say the least
Me too saw the silver Beat today. There was one parked in front of Kropex Chevrolet. It looks good.
Good that GM is coming-up with more colours.
I hope they will also consider launching Maroon and Orange Beats.
I like the Orange
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-chevysparkzspecc2_460x0w.jpg
Old 16th June 2011, 21:52   #1864
BHPian

I don't think orange will come, they must have come up with silver because of customer feedback. Most of us prefer Silver.
Old 16th June 2011, 21:58   #1865
BHPian

I want to change my wagon r lpg Duo, which is about 4 yrs old to diesel hatch, may be Beat diesel. I am 6'1" and i drive my car, there is no driver. What do you feel guys, will it be a comfortable driving experience for me?
Old 16th June 2011, 22:33   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think orange will come, they must have come up with silver because of customer feedback. Most of us prefer Silver.
That is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I want to change my wagon r lpg Duo, which is about 4 yrs old to diesel hatch, may be Beat diesel. I am 6'1" and i drive my car, there is no driver. What do you feel guys, will it be a comfortable driving experience for me?
Wagon R is a tall boy and the sitting posture is upright and high, where as in Beat, the seating position is low. So suggest you to take a test ride of the petrol Beat and then decide on the ergonomics part. There are rumours of diesel Beat launch by next month. IMO other than the engine, there will not be much change in the Beat TCDi. Had a chance to see one Beat LTO TCDi test vehicle.

OT: Saw this artistic view of Beat crossover.
source
Name:  ChevroletSpark4x4Front34582x388.jpg
Views: 4279
Size:  68.3 KB
Old 17th June 2011, 00:24   #1867
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to see this 'Silver' beat.

@Salbin: The crossover looks great. With a bumper like that, a drive will be much more peaceful.

As for the orange beat above, it is called the Z-Spec concept. Check out the link below for the various versions of the Beat

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...cessories.html
Old 17th June 2011, 15:52   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
There are rumours of diesel Beat launch by next month. IMO other than the engine, there will not be much change in the Beat TCDi. Had a chance to see one Beat LTO TCDi test vehicle.
Salbin,

Its not a rumour, Beat diesel is getting launched..but dont know the exact date, but it should be in june..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I am yet to see this 'Silver' beat.
I have seen a silver beat in Sundaram Motors service center in whitefield (hoody) yesterday too.. I felt that its not as stunning as red color (just my view)
Old 17th June 2011, 22:51   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
Natural (and effortless) upgrade from Wagon-R will be Ritz. However, in my opinion, Beat will give you good driving experience too. So, just take a Test-Drive. The offers are raining on Petrol Vehicles these days. Also, you may wait for the launch of Beat diesel.
Old 17th June 2011, 23:14   #1870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Managed to do a rough edit and upload the video to Youtube. Here it is for you guys to see and judge.
Thats quite a nice set up you got there! Are you running on stock HU as well? It sounds really nice. And the blue illumination is super sexy in the center console.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 23:18   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thats quite a nice set up you got there! Are you running on stock HU as well? It sounds really nice. And the blue illumination is super sexy in the center console.

Thanks a lot mate, yes its running on stock HU and the blue leds are miles better than the stock boot lamp I've also put up a separate thread on the ICE in case you're interested
Old 17th June 2011, 23:33   #1872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Thanks a lot mate, yes its running on stock HU and the blue leds are miles better than the stock boot lamp I've also put up a separate thread on the ICE in case you're interested
I just noticed that I had in fact gone thru your ICE thread sometime back. So the blue LEDs in the boot is an after market change? Looks like its running thru the entire boot in a "C" fashion?
Old 17th June 2011, 23:36   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So the blue LEDs in the boot is an after market change? Looks like its running thru the entire boot in a "C" fashion?
Yes its aftermarket, the typical strip leds, 3 feet of it, its got the bling factor as well as serves the practical purpose of illuminating the boot really well
Old 20th June 2011, 19:20   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Just a few days ago, I saw a silver coloured Beat at one of the dealerships in Pune. As per the sales guy, it is the new shade on the Beat and that the Misty lake colour has been discontinued.However, the chevy website does display the Misty lake colour, which means that it is still available. The silver colour is 'Switchblade Silver' in chevy speak.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:10   #1875
BHPian

There was a program on NDTV car and bike show on saturday and sunday in which Beat was tested (not a test driver report though) and was compared with Figo. They used a silver Beat, and on TV, I liked this color very much, infact I told in my previous post that silver is not as stunning as red, I stand by that even now.

But I am liking this color now (infact this was the color that I wanted to buy ) The only thing that is looking odd according to me is the roof rail. Those are not contrasting, as is the case in other colors, but donno what color of roof rail would suit this colored vehicle

Last edited by informmaha : 21st June 2011 at 11:16.

Most Viewed