Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 12:53   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

@Mafia, On the above point, pressure wash is not the best solution. Pressure wash is very effective in removing coarse and dry dirt, slush marks and so on, but NOT gum related stains. I had the same experience in my apartment, as one of my cars is parked in the open parking, and the trees had these seasonal big red flowers that drop and leave very bad gum / nectar or whatever you call it. Once, it was so bad, I though someone puked on my windshield.

So, I first washed it with normal water and with some pressure, but nothing happened. Then used soap water, and scrubbed it with a Sonax double sided sponge, and then used wax / polish on metal areas. Glass was a little more easy. But, depending on the gum, it may take quite a bit of an effort, but comes out completely

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 16th February 2011 at 12:54. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 17th February 2011, 11:44   #1712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Glass was a little more easy. But, depending on the gum, it may take quite a bit of an effort, but comes out completely
The glass(wind shield) in my case has retained wierd blue spots all over! the initial dirt came off with soap but the stain has not. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?
Old 18th February 2011, 11:34   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
It immobilize engine and of-course locking. I don't know about fuel pump.

It is very hard to find after market immobilizer like one in Fiat Punto/Linea which is rolling code type which immobilize most controls from ECU.
Enquired today with my dealer for the same. He says the model with immobiliser is not available now as customers had lot of complaints with it. Instead he told me to take another one which costs just 2.6k but doesn't have immobiliser.
Have you faced any problems or the dealer is bluffing as usual?

Beat owners please see this link and advice. It's regarding a small misalingnment of Beat doors.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249393

Last edited by Daewood : 18th February 2011 at 11:36.
Old 19th February 2011, 21:20   #1714
Senior - BHPian

I am going to TD the Beat 1.2LT tomorrow. Please guide me for the points that I should look for. One thing I should mention that the TD is a just a formality as I've finalized this car to buy, thanks to all the BHPians for their valuable feedback and updates . This made choosing between the options quite easy.

With a budget of around 5L, i had quite few options. I was not looking for a diesel car as my driving will be mostly on weekends in city and that to restricted an average of 50-70 kms/week. Adding some 4000kms for three to four long trips a year. So, buying a diesel did not fit the bill. I wanted a car loaded with goodies, therefore, Beat and Figo were the two finalists. I ruled out Figo (the petrol version) based on the experiences of fellow BHPinas, for its lack of power and mileage. The only negative side for Beat is the space on rear seat and small boot, and since I needed a car for two adults only, the rear seat can be used to fill the stuff when needed. The other thing on my mind was the ease of ingress and egress, and the tall boy design of Beat provides that.
Old 20th February 2011, 10:55   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I am going to TD the Beat 1.2LT tomorrow. Please guide me for the points that I should look for.
AutoNoob, which version are you planning to buy? LT option pack ? or LT ?
Also have you checked the LPG variant ?
I also suggest you to check the seating position as the seats are set a bit too low. The gear shift is a bit rubbery, so perhaps you might want to have a longer TD to get accustomed with it.
Please note that I don't own a Beat ( planning to buy one ), but have testdriven it couple of times.
Old 20th February 2011, 11:29   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
AutoNoob, which version are you planning to buy? LT option pack ? or LT ?
Also have you checked the LPG variant ?
I also suggest you to check the seating position as the seats are set a bit too low. The gear shift is a bit rubbery.
I am planning to buy LT (no options pack), and I want petrol only as LPG engines lack power and LPG availability is an issue. Also, my overall driving wont be too much.

Seating position, road visibility and gear shift added to the check list. Thanks.

What colour are you planning to buy ? My choice (rather my wife's choice) is Sanddrift Grey. Rest of the colours we have seen on roads, for sanddrift grey I saw a picture posted on this thread. But I would like to see that colour in real before making final call.
Old 20th February 2011, 12:23   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to TD the Beat 1.2LT tomorrow. Please guide me for the points that I should look for. One thing I should mention that the TD is a just a formality as I've finalized this car to buy, thanks to all the BHPians for their valuable feedback and updates . This made choosing between the options quite easy.

Good choice going for the Beat. I would suggest you look at the color of your choice on a brand new car. Sometimes the sales assistant will show you a car which is old or has been lying around for a long time which may put you off for that color. Also check out insurance which you can get done from outside , you may save a few thousand on those. Lastly, do consider the LPG version, once you get the car home you will start driving her more than what you have planned. The 3-4 long trips a year will increase for sure.

Last edited by Mr.Beat : 20th February 2011 at 12:46.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:47   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Enquired today with my dealer for the same. He says the model with immobiliser is not available now as customers had lot of complaints with it. Instead he told me to take another one which costs just 2.6k but doesn't have immobiliser.
Have you faced any problems or the dealer is bluffing as usual?
Can you ask him about the details of the problem faced by customers. I have no idea about any problems. It's a genuine AutoCop product. Also contact AutoCop directly. Check with another dealer around.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 20th February 2011, 22:56   #1719
BHPian

I cleaned the AC filter and air filter today. Boy the AC filter was black as hell! Had used many rounds of detergent water and rinsed with running water. Lot of black soot drained out when washed with detergent. Now the AC blower blows air effectively. I'm yet to install the air filter as its quite wet and will keep it for another day in the sunlight for drying! Do you guys check and clean filters on your own?
Old 20th February 2011, 23:02   #1720
Senior - BHPian

I am literally pissed off , waited for the whole day for the TD but no one came, not even a call. I called Sundaram Motors at around 4pm, only to hear about their non-professionalism. The call was picked up on second time, the guy on the other side introduced himself as a sales person and was not aware on any TD booked my me. When I informed that I had put up a request on the Chevrolet website and got a return call from Chevrolet Noida office as well as from a 'sweet' lady from Sundaram Motors on Friday and Saturday respectively confirming the TD, he told that the lady was a receptionist and is on leave today. Then he once again asked for my contact details and promised to arrange a TD probably tomorrow after consulting his senior .

Now my problem is that on weekdays I hardly have any time as I leave for office at 7.15 am and return around 7.30pm. The only option is for next weekend.

One question I have to the Beat owners, which insurance company you had opted for and what were the insurance charges and the ex-showroom prices for your Beats.
Old 21st February 2011, 00:31   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
The glass(wind shield) in my case has retained wierd blue spots all over! the initial dirt came off with soap but the stain has not. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?
For this, it will be helpful if you can post pics of the glass. Curious to see these 'blue' spots. I have never noticed these stains, in the two months that I suffered due to those flowers blooming
Old 21st February 2011, 06:45   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Now my problem is that on weekdays I hardly have any time as I leave for office at 7.15 am and return around 7.30pm. The only option is for next weekend.

One question I have to the Beat owners, which insurance company you had opted for and what were the insurance charges and the ex-showroom prices for your Beats.
I got my Beat from Sundaram Motors last month. Get in touch with a person called Babu there. He is the team lead for Beat sales until 3 weeks back for sure. I will PM his number to you. Also tell them you will go to KLN. I had to do that when they goofed up my TD. The effect was immediate.

I got mine from Royal Sundaram. I wrote about that and the discounts/offers I got last month on my ownership experience.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nt-modern.html
Old 21st February 2011, 15:23   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Do you guys check and clean filters on your own?
Yes I do most of the job on my own in my other vehicles. In Beat I have checked and cleaned air filter, pollen filter, spark plugs and throttle body.
Old 21st February 2011, 16:08   #1724
BHPian

Quote:

One question I have to the Beat owners, which insurance company you had opted for and what were the insurance charges.
Hey Autonoob,

I got mine from Sundaram Motors and i know how they treat customers. Better to opt for KLN, they are more determined than compared with Sundaram. You can ask for a test drive to your office but if you prefer your family to be with you for the test drive ask them to bring it to your home once you reach home.

I don't know what are the advantages of taking insurance from outside for the first year atleast as many advised me to take for insurance from the dealer itself for the first time. But i made a bargain with them. Initially they told that the insurance cost is 13000 odd and i told that i could get it for 9200, and insisted why should i get it from them, then they immediately gave me 30% discount and paid insurance of 9400 or 9500 (Bajaj Allianz). So as far as possible bargain. Try an online search for the motor insurance (eg. bajaj allianz) you can get an idea of how much the insurance would come up to.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st February 2011, 17:04   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
I cleaned the AC filter and air filter today. Boy the AC filter was black as hell! Had used many rounds of detergent water and rinsed with running water. Lot of black soot drained out when washed with detergent. Now the AC blower blows air effectively. I'm yet to install the air filter as its quite wet and will keep it for another day in the sunlight for drying! Do you guys check and clean filters on your own?
Yeah me too cleaned the AC filter just recently, but not like what you have done though, I just dusted it. Its parked under a tree all the time and when i opened it, there were full of leaves inside

Is it recommended to do a clean like what you have done? I am pretty sure that this will be the effective cleaning that would be possible if done so..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks