Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 12:25   #1636
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hi Mohan,

the LPG kitted vehicle would be out by early 2Q of this year which will be shortly followed by diesel i suppose.
Thanks for the info. I must opt for a LPG car and wish I get more choice to select. Spark and Beat will be top in the list.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:52   #1637
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Mohan,

the LPG kitted vehicle would be out by early 2Q of this year which will be shortly followed by diesel i suppose.
would chevy offer the LPG kit as a retro fit as well?? looking forward to the diesel variant and what it does to the sales numbers.
Old 19th January 2011, 19:48   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
would chevy offer the LPG kit as a retro fit as well?? looking forward to the diesel variant and what it does to the sales numbers.
Well the technology would be similar to spark LPG (wounder whether this is what you mentioned as retro fit) which is sequential injection wherein you won't find the difference when shifting from one fuel to another which was not the case before with the after market kits. Definitely diesel would boost the sales numbers, but eager to look at the numbers as you said.

The LPG will be released in Q1 and diesel in mid Q2, just followed with the facebook page for this info..
Old 21st January 2011, 12:51   #1639
BANNED

Quote:
Well the technology would be similar to spark LPG (wounder whether this is what you mentioned as retro fit) which is sequential injection wherein you won't find the difference when shifting from one fuel to another which was not the case before with the after market kits. Definitely diesel would boost the sales numbers, but eager to look at the numbers as you said.

The LPG will be released in Q1 and diesel in mid Q2, just followed with the facebook page for this info..

I had a look at the notes of the Chevy CEO on facebook as well. My question is if the alternate fuel system can be installed on my car as well.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:22   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
I had a look at the notes of the Chevy CEO on facebook as well. My question is if the alternate fuel system can be installed on my car as well.
Yes the after market one's are available now (but not with the dealer though), just heard about it today morning. It costs 40K in chennai. Since its new it might be costly, and would eventually come down after sometime...Hopefully
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:37   #1641
Senior - BHPian

By the way. Looks like GM is now back to promoting the Beat again. Talking about the new commercial, that is being aired for some time now. Feels good to see a nice commercial on the car. Whats the reason for the sudden commercials. They just woke up and the realized they also had a car called the Beat??
Old 24th January 2011, 11:14   #1642
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the after market one's are available now (but not with the dealer though), just heard about it today morning. It costs 40K in chennai. Since its new it might be costly, and would eventually come down after sometime...Hopefully

I am looking for the one with the dealer. I could not get much info thru the dealer in bangalore. 40k is on the higher side. I will do some enquries on the aftermarket options. I would still prefer the GM version as that would be better appreciated when I will put the car up for sale eventually.
Old 24th January 2011, 11:16   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
By the way. Looks like GM is now back to promoting the Beat again. Talking about the new commercial, that is being aired for some time now. Feels good to see a nice commercial on the car. Whats the reason for the sudden commercials. They just woke up and the realized they also had a car called the Beat??
Well as per the comments of Karl in FB it was mentioned that the adv agency has been changed, so may be that might be the reason for the new avatar and he has also mentioned we would see lots more in the future too.. It would be better to promote all cars especially Aveo which is a very good sedan but with zero marketing and product recognition to common man..
Old 24th January 2011, 11:30   #1644
BANNED

Quote:

the marketing strategy for beat is all messed up in my opnion. GM needs to have a consistant strategy. It was good thru launch and then they entirely stopped the TV commercials. Now it is back. and now it is not too agressive and hardly an ad you would remember.
Old 27th January 2011, 22:25   #1645
BHPian

A great way to depreciate my car's resale value, Chevy is coming out with a new and "improved" engine for the Beat (among other cars): Breaking: Chevrolet Beat to come with

Sometimes I feel I bought my car at a very wrong time: high fuel prices, not my color of choice (would have liked the gray), bought at a higher price even without the 3 year maintenance plan and now the engine upgrade..

Anybody dig a 6 month old Black BEAT ?
Old 28th January 2011, 00:27   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Hellmet. Relax, this is not an engine upgrade.

As far as I could discern after comparing the two S-Tecs, the new one is locally made. Else, all other features are the same.

And balck is a great colour. Even I thought of it, but for certain reasons avoidedit and went in for the constant eye grabber CT Green. I mean eyegrabber in a negative way
Old 28th January 2011, 04:47   #1647
BHPian

I booked mine last week and am getting in on Monday.

But I guess it is important to look at it positively. Love thy car and don't worry about the new engine. Your new car is still a beautiful car. So I better feel this way.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:39   #1648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
A great way to depreciate my car's resale value, Chevy is coming out with a new and "improved" engine for the Beat (among other cars): Breaking: Chevrolet Beat to come with

Sometimes I feel I bought my car at a very wrong time: high fuel prices, not my color of choice (would have liked the gray), bought at a higher price even without the 3 year maintenance plan and now the engine upgrade..

Ouch! this hurts the resale quiet heavily! And I have the same grouse of no maintanence free plan and the grey!

I wish GM had waited another year at least! an engine upgrade just after a year of launch! this sucks! Hopefully GM wont tinker on the look bit~!
Old 28th January 2011, 15:12   #1649
BHPian

Quote:

As far as I could discern after comparing the two S-Tecs, the new one is locally made. Else, all other features are the same.
Does that mean the current engine made in the USA ? Could that mean better quality?
Old 28th January 2011, 21:42   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post

hellmet, product upgradations are a part of the life cycle. It is just that competition has resulted in early upgradations and reduced life span.
And this trend applies to almost every product in the modern world.
You have nothing less than a super cool hatch, namely the Beat !! Enjoy your ride.

Most Viewed