Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 19:17   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
AFAIK it is only the engine! nothing else!
Who said that!?! AFAIK, it's everything excluding explicitly mentioned stuff (such as the OEM music system)
Old 15th May 2010, 09:20   #887
Senior - BHPian

I think some write-up on this issue will help all of us.
Old 15th May 2010, 14:53   #888
BHPian

Tyre upgrade

Guys!
I am looking at upgrading the tyres at the time of delivery. What would be the ideal upsize for the Beat on stock rims? will 175/70 R14 be ok?
Also how much will the original tyres fetch if i opt to change it at the time of delivery?
Old 15th May 2010, 15:53   #889
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea how to connect an Ipod nano to the music system of beat?it has got a mini usb and also an auxillary port.Any idea about the USB for ipod nano?which cable should we use?Have anyone tried connecting?
Old 15th May 2010, 17:05   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Guys!
I am looking at upgrading the tyres at the time of delivery. What would be the ideal upsize for the Beat on stock rims? will 175/70 R14 be ok?
Also how much will the original tyres fetch if i opt to change it at the time of delivery?
Check out this dedicated thread for more info on Beat tyre upgrades:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-upgrades.html
I hope the following link will be useful for you:
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4
Old 15th May 2010, 17:59   #891
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The extended warranty would cover most of the items covered by the basic warranty. There would be a separate booklet for it and those who have opted for it would be getting it.

If somebody scans it and puts it, it would be clear to all.

My inferences are based on extended warranty of other cars.
Old 15th May 2010, 23:06   #892
BHPian

I finally got a chance to take the car out for a spin after a long while. I'd left it out in the sun for 2 weeks without touching it and went out for a 200 km run yesterday. A couple of things that I've noticed:
1) The performance is getting peppier (2800 km) and I don't seem to notice a lag in second gear anymore. Perhaps its because of the way I drive? The chevy guy said to make sure I rev thru the first 3 gears, so I only shift into 2nd once I reach 4k rpm (feels very nice to hear the engine and its quite smooth) and I don't notice a lag in 2nd at all. Although its important to know that I use IOC xtrapremium. I've noticed a difference with this more than other premium fuels from say bp and hp.

2) I was reading the posts in this thread and was certain that my windshield would crack into pieces as soon as I turned on the a/c. Nope! I got in (car was baking inside, what else would I expect @ noon after leaving my car out for 2 weeks?) and started the car and turned on the auto a/c and was started driving. No shaking or windshield cracking. My a/c vent position is always direct blowing, never at the windshield (perhaps that's why it cracked for other people?). The a/c cools quite brilliantly

3) The rear suspension collars have really made a difference, no noise at all when going over bumps or holes.

4) The only thing that pisses me off about this car is the lack of a button to lock/unlock the doors. Sometimes you need to open the door without turning off the ignition, its such a pain to put ur hand around to lift the drivers side lock. Argh!

Help needed:
1) I'd like to put a multi information display in that center recess above the hazard switch. Does anyone have any clues or suggestions?
2) I'd love to mod the car a bit (don't want to spend too much). I'd like functional improvement, I'm not a fan of those underbody lights or strobes or whatever people put these days. It shouldn't void the warranty however. I'd love to hear some suggestions as well as the price involved. As of now, I have 130/100 lights (relay), roots horn (relay), yoko tires (175) and illusion audio speakers (coax + comp).

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 15th May 2010, 23:39   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Check out this dedicated thread for more info on Beat tyre upgrades:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-upgrades.html
I hope the following link will be useful for you:
Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 1 of 4
Thanks a lot Salbin! The links were really helpful!
Old 16th May 2010, 08:34   #894
BHPian

Ground Clearance issues

Has anyone faced problems with Beats ground clearance?

There are some really bad roads I came across with high speed breakers and bumps which made my car's under-body to scratch the ground even going at a lowest possible speed. This happened to me 5 times as of now. I am worried that it would damage the car.

Is it because of sensitive suspension or low ground clearance or show I drive even slower (< 10kmph)?

Please share your experiences if any?
Old 16th May 2010, 09:56   #895
BHPian

Redlaw, Beat's ground clearance is anyway not the best. However I've managed to not scratch the ground yet... although I haven't been on any really bad roads.

Are these roads in Hyd.. if so which ones?

Folks on the Figo forum are also complaining of the same thing. Looks like new age hatches aren't getting this basic thing quite right for Indian conditions!
Old 16th May 2010, 13:17   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
Has anyone faced problems with Beats ground clearance?

There are some really bad roads I came across with high speed breakers and bumps which made my car's under-body to scratch the ground even going at a lowest possible speed. This happened to me 5 times as of now. I am worried that it would damage the car.

Is it because of sensitive suspension or low ground clearance or show I drive even slower (< 10kmph)?

Please share your experiences if any?
Gurgaon has one of the worst speed breakers in the universe but luckily they have never been lucky enough to kiss the under body of my car till date...the only place i faced GC issues was Rohtang and that was the front bumper that caused it. Yes you have to be very slow with bad SB's but i'm not sure of the exact speed that you should be driving. Yes GC in Beat is not the best but then you have to take care as you cant do much now.
Old 16th May 2010, 20:52   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post

The rear suspension collars have really made a difference, no noise at all when going over bumps or holes.

Where will we get the rear suspension collars?Will chevrolet guys do it for free? Am off for the 1000 km service tomorrow.
Old 16th May 2010, 21:08   #898
BANNED

hey guys, what is the waiting period of beat LT in gurgaon, planning to go in for green. Is it still in months or i can get one in a weeks time on complete down payment.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:56   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vihang15 View Post
hi friends ,

just completed 1000 kms on my baby beat . and would like to share some experiences of the same .

1. i am getting used to the machine now , and getting to know her better . sometimes it feels that the beat is listening and has its own mind . the response is now predictive and control is better .

2. the second gear lag is not felt now and i know when to rev the engine in time . engine idleness is superb in the beat and is unheard in the small car segment . no startup jerks ala some diesel engines .

3. felt really great when i was given respect by a chevrolet captiva owner and was allowed to pass first on the turn .

4. won a small mini race against the grande punto . usually i avoid races but this was a matter of pride .

5. had a tussle with a autorikshaw driver . the F1 drivers that the autowallahs are it is difficult to predict there driving patterns . had to brake the chevy hard and it did not dissapoint . the braking was intime and no wheel swerving was felt . saved me from banging the SCHUMACHER from UP

5. would be ICEing the car soon , i am thinking of a bluetooth enabled system .

6. also thinking of some funky decals like HMS , NOS ,Goreddy and aftermarket logos . i think it would look good on the chevy . And would give a sporty look .

do let me know if you know some car decal shop in andheri , powai areas .

Hi Vihang,

COngrats on your BEat. I am also about to get my Beat LS delivered this week from Ashtavinayak, how is the owner experience so far?

Anything i should keep in mind while taking the delivery and the initial few days.

N.B.: I am a newbie driver
Old 17th May 2010, 08:07   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer87 View Post
hey guys, what is the waiting period of beat LT in gurgaon, planning to go in for green. Is it still in months or i can get one in a weeks time on complete down payment.
Slayer, its likely to be in weeks, not in months..the supply chain has improved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks