Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:14   #781
BHPian

according to the service center, average FE for the beat is 10 city and 14 highway.
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:59   #782
BHPian

my last FE for my Beat in city was 15 kmpl with 100% AC on and average 60 kmph. I got my car serviced a few days ago and have been asked to get next service at 6 months or 5000 km.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:14   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
according to the service center, average FE for the beat is 10 city and 14 highway.
Expect you every one is saying that FE is 15. I think there can be two reason's for this: -
1. Your car has some problem. Get it checked from the service center.
2. Your driving style: - Get it checked from some other driver who is getting better FE while driving.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:55   #784
BHPian

I think 10 is too less. I'm a rank newbie driver (read: stalls at every slight upward slope ) and even I get around 11-12.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:53   #785
BHPian

rjvora, did u remap the ECU or something for performance?I've heard from someone that Chevy is doing that for performance.Between got My Beat LT last friday.

Brownie Points

1.Chevrolet Guys have done a good job in looking after their customers.They have treated me well when i went for the delivery.
2.The car is super silent when not Revved.I seriously had doubts whether the engine is running on idling
3.Automatic climate contol is really a charm and it cools the cabin really quick.
4.Car is a great looker.I became so proud when people stare at my car.
5.Gear change felt very smooth and nice
6. I was planning to change the speakers but the speakers seems to be good atleast for the type of songs i play especially country music.

On the downside

1.2nd gear is a little sluggish especially when you are on a climb.
2.There's a Thud sound from the back when going through poth holes..I think its the parcel tray which is the culprit.

Overall the car had done around 200km and i think the FE i got was around 15km/Liter.I'll say its Ultimate VFM Car in the segment.

Last edited by kphilip : 3rd May 2010 at 14:58. Reason: Grammatic
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:59   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
rjvora, did u remap the ECU or something for performance?I've heard from someone that Chevy is doing that for performance. Between got My Beat LT last friday.
Buddy congratulations on your car !!!

I am sorry my friend will you re-type those short forms again as I did not understood those and your sentence.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:09   #787
BHPian

Last week I got an sms from chevrolet promising confirmed delivery of Beat within a week, not sure whay they want me to buy another one. Did anyone else got such message from Chevy??
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:22   #788
BHPian

rjvora,ECU is the Engine Control Unit.Its like a computer on your car.This manages the emissions and fuel efficiency of the car.Did u tell GM guys to tune it for performance?
Old 4th May 2010, 11:28   #789
BHPian

Quote:
rjvora, did u remap the ECU or something for performance?I've heard from someone that Chevy is doing that for performance.
Kphilip, could you please confirm this? Iam curious to know whether GM is listening to the customer feedback and sorting the pick up issue found in the 2nd gear.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:49   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Overall the car had done around 200km and i think the FE i got was around 15km/Liter.I'll say its Ultimate VFM Car in the segment.
Congrats kphilip! Which color is your Beat? Please post a full test drive report with pics once you get a chance!
Old 4th May 2010, 14:08   #791
BHPian

Thanx Quad, The colour for my car is white.. Detailed report will be done soon man..

auto-one: Will ask the guy who told me about the official GM remap.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:41   #792
BHPian

Ok, here's an update on the 2nd gear lag thing:

I had sent a mail to GM saying that Beat is suffering negative feedback from many owners, and if they're planning to do something about this.

They asked me for the service centre number number, and this is the response I got:

"Based on your e-mail, we are requesting our concern authorities to immediately get in touch with you and get the needful done at the soonest on your reported concern.
Please be assured that necessary action will be taken on the reported concern."

I think they'll instruct the service centre to do something.

However, if this results in a serious FE hit, I might not go for this. (Since the 2nd gear acceleration doesn't bother me except when on up-slopes).

Thoughts?
Old 4th May 2010, 18:39   #793
BHPian

I guess if it really does alter the FE figures by much,it's no use getting the remapping done.The second gear actually does bother only on slopes (as quadmaniac says) or when trying to pick up after a speed breaker.Somehow,when i start driving from idle (like at red lights) ,I've never felt that the pickup is poor.Just the timing of gear change matters.thats my personal opinion only.I guess many will disagree.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:30   #794
vihang15

hi friends ,

just completed 1000 kms on my baby beat . and would like to share some experiences of the same .

1. i am getting used to the machine now , and getting to know her better . sometimes it feels that the beat is listening and has its own mind . the response is now predictive and control is better .

2. the second gear lag is not felt now and i know when to rev the engine in time . engine idleness is superb in the beat and is unheard in the small car segment . no startup jerks ala some diesel engines .

3. felt really great when i was given respect by a chevrolet captiva owner and was allowed to pass first on the turn .

4. won a small mini race against the grande punto . usually i avoid races but this was a matter of pride .

5. had a tussle with a autorikshaw driver . the F1 drivers that the autowallahs are it is difficult to predict there driving patterns . had to brake the chevy hard and it did not dissapoint . the braking was intime and no wheel swerving was felt . saved me from banging the SCHUMACHER from UP

5. would be ICEing the car soon , i am thinking of a bluetooth enabled system .

6. also thinking of some funky decals like HMS , NOS ,Goreddy and aftermarket logos . i think it would look good on the chevy . And would give a sporty look .

do let me know if you know some car decal shop in andheri , powai areas .

Old 4th May 2010, 19:40   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Ok, here's an update on the 2nd gear lag thing:

I had sent a mail to GM saying that Beat is suffering negative feedback from many owners, and if they're planning to do something about this.

They asked me for the service centre number number, and this is the response I got:

"Based on your e-mail, we are requesting our concern authorities to immediately get in touch with you and get the needful done at the soonest on your reported concern.
Please be assured that necessary action will be taken on the reported concern."

I think they'll instruct the service centre to do something.

However, if this results in a serious FE hit, I might not go for this. (Since the 2nd gear acceleration doesn't bother me except when on up-slopes).

Thoughts?
I cant believe GM is taking up individual concerns. If such an ECU remapping is available it will definitely go for it. FE isnt that high a priority for me as my monthly usage is only arnd 700Km.
Please keep me posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks