Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:43   #631
BHPian

the rear suspension is very good i must tell you its the drumming sound that spoils the mood and the sound is only on bad patchy roads not on smooth roads so yes a very welcome addition at least this shows that GM's is hearing. My next car will definitely be Cruze LTZ
GM appears to be well prepared when it comes to customer service and this is the way they will change GM fortune in India and challenge others with their quality products and quality service.
but I didn't get the teddy ...bu hu hu

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2010 at 12:57. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS / Slang language on this forum. Corrected
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:09   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
The service was prompt. The service chap mentioed they have added a coller in the damper to axel(?) joint to reduce/ remove the sound and squeaks that come with driving on a patchy road. It seems that a circular from GM was issued in this order. Any ways the car is quiter on patchy roads now.
Hey any pics of this part? There is really no axle in the rear since its FWD.
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:52   #633
BHPian

hey guyz,
just checked the chey beat site, they have updated the accessories page...

Chevrolet Beat
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:59   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
hey guyz,
just checked the chey beat site, they have updated the accessories page...

Chevrolet Beat
Nice find pal. I found the following interesting:

1. "Body kit" in the styling section.

2. "Body side molding" in the same section.

Wonder how the Beat would look like with these in place!
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:28   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
Would you please share your experiences regarding the following:
Q: Sluggishness, if any, in the 2nd gear.
A: I did not find much sluggishness. Only once when I am climbing up a little more than 30 deg slope, I was in 3rd gear and felt that with full accelerator it is struggling hard but managed to finished the climb.

Q: Handling and the ride quality.
A: Ride quality is excellent. I felt handling good too.

Q: Seat comfort of the seats.
A: Another excellent feel.

Q: Driving ease or discomfort due to the low set seats.
A: I did not find any problem at all. BTW, I am 5'11.

Q: And yes, awaiting for the pics..
A: I have lot of pics to share. I'll post them in my ownership thread once I create it, by the weekend after more driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Nice find pal. I found the following interesting:
1. "Body kit" in the styling section.
2. "Body side molding" in the same section.
Wonder how the Beat would look like with these in place!
According to the accessory price list (Page1 )(Page2) that I got from dealer Body Kit is around Rs.26k and Body side molding is Rs.900.
I am planning on Body Side molding. If it is of the same body color as shown in the accessory page, they will look great. Otherwise if they are normal black colored moldings, they may spoil the 2-door look and also will not look good on LT, may be they will match with LS black mirrors and black door handles. I found the same body colored side moldings in the korean Beat site, somewhere inside Link.

And initially I thought of adding parking sensors, but now just in 2 days of ownership I feel I dont need them and parking is manageable. Actually this is my first car and I am very new to driving with just 2 months of driving school experience.

The mud flaps and floor mats that the dealer gave me look exactly like the ones shown in the accessory page. The floor mats had BEAT label on them.

And I have tested the music system with USB and it was excellent. I used a one piece usb converter I bought on ebay Link. It shows the file name too. And there are lot of controls in the head unit, equilizers, fade etc. I even liked the Bass effect. I initially though I need to replace the speakers but not I feel they are great after listening to them.

Will post pics soon, I am currently very busy with my work.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:28   #636

I just ICE'd my Beat LS. I put in DLS 269 6x9 ovals in the rear and B6A 6 inch components after making holes in the front door. The speakers are powered by sony 4 way amp and run from pioneer 6850 HU. The sound is really good Will update pics of mods done to the front door soon.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:11   #637
BHPian

redlaw : And I have tested the music system with USB and it was excellent. I used a one piece usb converter I bought on ebay Link.

Please tell me how did you make it work? I have a connector too (image below) and tried it on many BEAT models, even replaced this connector with another one, but still no go. When I connect my pen drive, the audio console doesn't recognize it, even after pressing USB button on the audio console, neither does the pen drive light turns on. I tried an MP3 player instead of pen drive, but still no go. Kindly help. Thanks.

Old 25th March 2010, 19:14   #638
Senior - BHPian

This is a chevrolet beat LS, which was fully customised by me for a friend of mine.

All accessories are dealer fitted, delivery will be done tomorrow. Hope you like my individual taste.

The dealer guys were so impressed with my taste that they are preparing another red car with the same combination for display in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02533.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02534.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02535.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02536.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02537.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02538.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02539.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02540.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02541.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02542.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-dsc02543.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 25th March 2010 at 19:15.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:00   #639
BHPian

Whoa, those alloys are HOT! Excellent choice Sid.

I'm planning to put alloys on my Beat LT. Due to budget constraints, I wanted to do them only next year or so.. but it's getting harder after seeing all this

What was the price for the alloys?

Also, what's that textured thing in the interiors? I didn't know that was even possible in LS .

Overall, looks super!
Old 26th March 2010, 08:26   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Please tell me how did you make it work? I have a connector too (image below) and tried it on many BEAT models, even replaced this connector with another one, but still no go. When I connect my pen drive, the audio console doesn't recognize it, even after pressing USB button on the audio console, neither does the pen drive light turns on. I tried an MP3 player instead of pen drive, but still no go. Kindly help. Thanks.
Hi Max, It must be a problem with the cable you have chosen.
I just plugin the pen drive and automatically get the USB menu even without pressing usb button, it detects all the folders no matter if they are one inside other. The seek up/down buttons will change folder and tune up/down will change song. keep pressing tune up/down will ff/rewind the song.
Mine costed Rs.100. But initially I booked on ebay to India address but never got the product, I cancelled the purchase and got full refund. Again I tried n ebay with US address and got it through my wife. It is worth it.

In your case try getting the one like mine. The problem is with the connector. It should be 5 pin USB male to USB A female. Good Luck. PM me if more details required.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:22   #641
BHPian

Looking nice there, sid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post

Also, what's that textured thing in the interiors? I didn't know that was even possible in LS .
Faux carbon fiber.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:37   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharace View Post
I just ICE'd my Beat LS. I put in DLS 269 6x9 ovals in the rear and B6A 6 inch components after making holes in the front door. The speakers are powered by sony 4 way amp and run from pioneer 6850 HU. The sound is really good Will update pics of mods done to the front door soon.
Hey pal, where did u do those?? and whats the cost of overall setup.. Any pics
Old 26th March 2010, 09:59   #643
BHPian

Took four test drives, and let five different people drive the vehicle.

My Dad(owns Captiva) - Says its cramped up inside and pick up of the vehicle is below par.

My Uncle(Hyundai Verna MT, X-Trail, Landcruiser etc. ) - Pickup is pathetic in 2nd gear, go for another vehicle.

My Friend(Verna AT) - Car is spacious for hatchbacks, looks good, pick up sluggish (not at par of i10 or Swift), speakers are bad.

My In-Law(Wagon-R) - Car is good, steering is not free like wagon-R, spacious front seat than his car. Then started talking about all the Freebies that should be given.

My another In-Law(Alto) - car is good, better than alto. But still he'll upgrade to swift.

I have booked it anyhow. But surprised to see every one judging the car, with what they already own and give suggestions. 2nd gear acceleration is slow, but my in-laws driving a hatchbacks, never complained of that. So many perspective spoils your mind..
Old 26th March 2010, 10:37   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
Took four test drives, and let five different people drive the vehicle.

My Dad(owns Captiva) - Says its cramped up inside and pick up of the vehicle is below par.

My Uncle(Hyundai Verna MT, X-Trail, Landcruiser etc. ) - Pickup is pathetic in 2nd gear, go for another vehicle.

My Friend(Verna AT) - Car is spacious for hatchbacks, looks good, pick up sluggish (not at par of i10 or Swift), speakers are bad.

My In-Law(Wagon-R) - Car is good, steering is not free like wagon-R, spacious front seat than his car. Then started talking about all the Freebies that should be given.

My another In-Law(Alto) - car is good, better than alto. But still he'll upgrade to swift.

I have booked it anyhow. But surprised to see every one judging the car, with what they already own and give suggestions. 2nd gear acceleration is slow, but my in-laws driving a hatchbacks, never complained of that. So many perspective spoils your mind..

I too used to feel that 'pick up is sluggish on 2nd gear'. In fact there is a knack to encounter this. Open the throttle and do not release the clutch fully, work up a good torque, then gradually release the clutch, and lo the car will pickup with ease. I do this all the time and have found no problem at all.

Just practise it a few times and you will get used to it.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:54   #645
BHPian

Good luck with the premature wear and hot spots on the flywheel that accompanies it due to riding the clutch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks