Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 20:09   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Thanks for the info. Would be keen to know how is this device powered, as its mounted on the steering wheel?

I was thinking that BEAT had one mini USB port available on the dash, if that bluetooth gadget could be directly plugged in there, and the audio console broadcasts the call on the car speaker....are you aware about any such gadget.
It has an inbuilt battery and can be charged through the cigarette lighter socket.The charger is supplied with the unit.(Cost is approx.Rs.3,000 to 3,500 for the mirror as well as for the steering mounted device.)

Regarding your second query,sorrry, Iam not aware of such a device.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:20   #677
BHPian

@ everyone
I need advice as to when should I take my car for servicing. I have crossed 1100 KM's and running for around two months now. I do not want to take the car for service now as I do not think it needs a service so early and i'm planning to take it for service only after 3000 km's of running. I do not want the service guys to wash it and give it back in the first service. Do you think I should wait till 3000 km's or take it for service now??
Old 8th April 2010, 15:22   #678
BHPian

good news for all aspiring beat customers, the talegaon plant is supposed to be going in full swing and the expect to reduce the waiting period for beat .But not really sure if all variants will be available.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:09   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@ everyone
I need advice as to when should I take my car for servicing. I have crossed 1100 KM's and running for around two months now. I do not want to take the car for service now as I do not think it needs a service so early and i'm planning to take it for service only after 3000 km's of running. I do not want the service guys to wash it and give it back in the first service. Do you think I should wait till 3000 km's or take it for service now??
I suggest you go by the owners manual.Alternatively, you could ask the dealer and get things clarified.Btw what' the sevice interval mentioned in the manual? I believe modern cars have a wide interval, some where around 10k kms. or so.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:18   #680
Senior - BHPian

@VProdigy

Go get your oil changed.

Go for the first service whenever it is advised in the manual.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:00   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
good news for all aspiring beat customers, the talegaon plant is supposed to be going in full swing and the expect to reduce the waiting period for beat.
Ford Chennai plant (that makes the Figo) is also helping reduce the waiting list for the BEAT
Old 8th April 2010, 21:09   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Ford Chennai plant (that makes the Figo) is also helping reduce the waiting list for the BEAT
.. ( Sigh). Wish the BEAT had a diesel heart.Well we have to wait till end 2010. Btw Iam curious to know how the proposed 1.0 L small diesel engine that will power the BEAT would fare.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:59   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
good one.. the cancellation that is for beat is actually quite bad ( NO supply ) , that is the scene in kerala , how is it elsewhere ???
Old 8th April 2010, 22:32   #684
BHPian

Hey, guys i too booked a Beat LT optional white.Any of you ppl changed the tyres?.Any idea which tyre suits it best?.I hate the skinny tyre on Beat..I am planning to change it.Please do throw in some light on this.

Last edited by kphilip : 8th April 2010 at 22:32. Reason: expression missing
Old 9th April 2010, 09:33   #685
Senior - BHPian

Now I will pay higher premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I am thinking to book this car in a couple of day's. Just I thought let me inform every one a point, on this car Dealer have quoted me 14000+ insurance premium, which I have rejected from him and got a quote of 8668. from Chola and Bajaj both with 50% discount. full Un-name PA. No excess. I am still fighting on the discount for 55%. Chola has a product which will be a 0% depreciation product and that is costing me somewhere around 15000+
Change of plans on insurance.

I will be taking a policy from Cholamandalam Elite plan which has many extra benefit then normal plans.

Two benefit which attracted me a lot, one was Depreciation waiver, I will not have to pay anything as a part of 50% of plastic part and no depreciation on metal parts as well. Second part which I like the most was of Daily allowance will be paid to me Rs. 1000 per day for maximum 5 days. There are few more benefit as well.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:39   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Change of plans on insurance.

I will be taking a policy from Cholamandalam Elite plan which has many extra benefit then normal plans.

Two benefit which attracted me a lot, one was Depreciation waiver, I will not have to pay anything as a part of 50% of plastic part and no depreciation on metal parts as well. Second part which I like the most was of Daily allowance will be paid to me Rs. 1000 per day for maximum 5 days. There are few more benefit as well.

That is a good move. I wish I had know about it when I got my beat. I would have saved a bundle.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:43   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@ everyone

The free service is a part of the process which keeps the warranty alive. The manual says 30 days or 1000kms which ever is first. If the dealer so chooses, can void the warranty. Just follow what is prescribed in the manual for the first year.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:45   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
good one.. the cancellation that is for beat is actually quite bad ( NO supply ) , that is the scene in kerala , how is it elsewhere ???

CEO of GM had mentioned that GM aims to sell around 5000 beats a month. I suppose the demand is much more than anticipated and hence a slower rate of supply. I am sure GM will up production soon enough
Old 9th April 2010, 09:48   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Hey, guys i too booked a Beat LT optional white.Any of you ppl changed the tyres?.Any idea which tyre suits it best?.I hate the skinny tyre on Beat..I am planning to change it.Please do throw in some light on this.
There are a few guys who have put in alloys on the beat. I am sure you will find some if you do a search..

sid's mods are here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1803359
Old 9th April 2010, 10:29   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
That is a good move. I wish I had know about it when I got my beat. I would have saved a bundle.
On first renewal you can still change to this plan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks