Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 12:09   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
hey guyz,
just checked the chey beat site, they have updated the accessories page...

Chevrolet Beat

COOL!!! Some of the accessories are very required!! I was lookg at installing a few of them any way!
Old 26th March 2010, 13:46   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is a chevrolet beat LS, which was fully customised by me for a friend of mine.
Looks nice. However I did not like the body graphics and alloys. Chrome does not go well with this car. The carbon fibre looks good. Where did you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithleshsridhar View Post
Took four test drives, and let five different people drive the vehicle.
My In-Law(Wagon-R) - Car is good, steering is not free like wagon-R, spacious front seat than his car. Then started talking about all the Freebies that should be given.

My another In-Law(Alto) - car is good, better than alto. But still he'll upgrade to swift.

I have booked it anyhow. But surprised to see every one judging the car, with what they already own and give suggestions. 2nd gear acceleration is slow, but my in-laws driving a hatchbacks, never complained of that. So many perspective spoils your mind..
Since they drive Maruti's (Alto and Wagon R), they won't notice the lack of acceleration. And they will recomend a Maruti over everything else. Just me me, always a Maruti guy (800, Alto, Swift Vdi) and I thought that Maruti was the best and nothing can Beat (pun unintended) it. However a few months in an OHC changed all that. You have made an excellent choice. Don't get influenced by what your in laws say. Your Dad & uncle despite driving much better cars were still very positive about the Beat. It truly Beat's the competition.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:07   #648
BHPian

strictly , but one of the many reasons why i try and avoid buying used cars. you never know what the previous user / driver thought and rode like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Good luck with the premature wear and hot spots on the flywheel that accompanies it due to riding the clutch.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:20   #649
BHPian

Hi, Whats the waiting time from booking to delivery for the LT ? If anyone knows about Mumbai then that would be great.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:40   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaw View Post
Hi Max, It must be a problem with the cable you have chosen.
I just plugin the pen drive and automatically get the USB menu even without pressing usb button, it detects all the folders no matter if they are one inside other. The seek up/down buttons will change folder and tune up/down will change song. keep pressing tune up/down will ff/rewind the song.
Mine costed Rs.100. But initially I booked on ebay to India address but never got the product, I cancelled the purchase and got full refund. Again I tried n ebay with US address and got it through my wife. It is worth it.

In your case try getting the one like mine. The problem is with the connector. It should be 5 pin USB male to USB A female. Good Luck. PM me if more details required.

Thanks Buddy, I guess you are right - the problem would be with the connector. Will order the one like you did.
Cheers
Old 27th March 2010, 18:18   #651
BHPian

Just came back after test driving the Hyundai i10 (1.1) and then the Chevy Beat. I must say I was very disappointed by the poor pick up of the beat vis-a-vis the i10. Something badly wrong with it. Also, the engine felt very coarse at higher rpms. :-( Disappointed to say the least.
Old 28th March 2010, 00:27   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Just came back after test driving the Hyundai i10 (1.1) and then the Chevy Beat. I must say I was very disappointed by the poor pick up of the beat vis-a-vis the i10. Something badly wrong with it. Also, the engine felt very coarse at higher rpms. :-( Disappointed to say the least.
You are right. I10 (1.1) is a very torquey engine. At low RPMs it is even better than Swift / Ritz / 1.2 Kappa. Beat's Engine is of no match to it. However the I10 (1.1) runs out of breath very easily on highways.

I10 (1.1 IRDE) is the best engine for city driving.
But for Beat 0-100 is a second quicker than the Hyundai.
Also beat is more refined at low RPMs.
Old 4th April 2010, 16:55   #653
BHPian

Anyone notice that the Beat has a hydraulic power steering as against an EPS which is almost the norm these days? Despite this they still managed to top the ARAI fuel efficiency charts. I guess the costs cut from the EPS were used in providing climate control. What would you guys have preferred? I think its a good thing , I can live with the hydraulic PS if thats what it takes to have climate control at this price. I do wish they hadnt skimped on the tires though.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:16   #654
BHPian

Completed One month of waiting..
Yet to be billed by GM. Sundaram Motors, Chennai says Red and Blue LT are in High Demand.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:19   #655
BHPian

I too checked the Beat land my heart at last has started beating to it. The car looks very good and on the inside it is spacious than when you see it from outside.

But don't know whether it can comfortably accommodate three people at the rear. The interior is far better than the Maruti and Hyundai. Safety features are also more compared to Hyundai and Maruti.

So currently confused between Figo and Beat. Since Beat is not as loaded as Figo. Hope soon I too will finalize on something.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:37   #656
BHPian

If the 3 people at rear really matters then definitely take the Beat out of the reckoning. Even 2 at the back is a claustrophobic dungeon. I'd pick this car if its a 2 seater you are looking for. The 2 door effect is there for a good reason! However it beats the Figo hands down in styling.
Old 4th April 2010, 17:41   #657
BHPian

a great car but god alone knows what GM is upto ???i have heard that GM India has sold it 51 % stake to a Chinese company . Who the hell is going to wait for 60 days after booking the car , as far as i know in Cochin there has been lots of bookings and cancellations are much more, they are losing the bookings to figo , Ford is promised delivery within 2 weeks or maybe earlier , they are holding a huge inventory of figos unlike GM guess they have built a few beats just to show around , looks like GM themselves were not really sure about their product .
Old 4th April 2010, 18:07   #658
BHPian

60 days eh? That sounds ridiculous. Well, they are the only ones to blame if they are loosing sales in that case. A friend in Mumbai mentioned a fortnight as the waiting period which didnt sound too bad.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:36   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
Ford is promised delivery within 2 weeks or maybe earlier , they are holding a huge inventory of figos unlike GM guess they have built a few beats just to show around
I dont think this is true. Have a look at the Ford Figo thread and you'll see many frustrated people waiting for their delivery of the Figo.

Having said that, 2 months is too much. I think LT(O) has the biggest wait time. LT and especially LS require lesser wait times
Old 4th April 2010, 20:31   #660
BHPian

Is the BEAT losing its customers to the Figo?Consider this --
The Figo offers better space, has no pick up issues,plus has a diesel option.And yes,it is priced competitively.
I would be disappointed to see some one beat the BEAT.
( No offence to any one/ car/ company)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks