Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 20:37   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
Ford is promised delivery within 2 weeks or maybe earlier , they are holding a huge inventory of figos unlike GM guess they have built a few beats just to show around , looks like GM themselves were not really sure about their product .
absolutely not true. Ford has just started delivering figos, and there are folks who have booked in Feb and have not yet received a confirm delivery date. just look at the Ford Figo thread.
Old 5th April 2010, 07:55   #662
BHPian

if you buy petrol then Beat is the best option you have in this segment and if you want to buy diesel then buy a figo else increase your budget and buy a Punto.

The rear seat is not that claustrophobic as everyones complaining and comfortably seats 3 normal size people and maybe two sumo's. The delivery time cannot be two months for LS/LT and if it's 2 months then its worth the wait.

My latest FE figures have gone up to 15 KMPL with 100% City driving and 100% AC ON. Also checked the 3rd row comfort on the weekend and my friends say its very comfortable in the rear with enough headroom and legroom and very effective air conditioning.

I prefer a hydraulic PS to a Electronic PS.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:15   #663
BHPian

Hey vprodigy,thanks for the clarifications. Thats a real nice fuel efficiency that you have managed to get. Any particular driving style that you can attribute this to?

Also 3rd row comfort? Didnt quite understand that.

Finally, havent noticed your ownership thread. Could you please PM me (if you have written it) or else let us know how long you had to wait for your Beat (model as well).

Personally, Id choose the Beat over the Figo any day.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:30   #664
BHPian

@Takumi - I normally drive at an average speeds of 60 kph and never exceed 80 kph even if the road is empty and use the accelerator most of the time instead of jumping on the brakes. I don't like over speeding and then applying brakes at every pothole and speed breaker. I'm a very calm driver.
I always give side to an over taking vehicle and turn to low beam and fog lams at night instead of annoying others with High Beam (not related to FE )
By 3rd row I meant rear seat (sorry for the typo). I don't agree when people call it claustrophobic and find it decently spacious and only drawback is the lesser headroom.
I have not created any ownership thread but you can check the ownership review on page 13 of this thread and pics on page 12.

I had to wait for 30 days to get my Beat LT delivered.

Last edited by vprodigy : 5th April 2010 at 12:32.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:30   #665
BHPian

@brijesh1977 we understand your anguish against GM but I think it has more to do with dealer than GM. My dealer experience in Gurgaon has been very nice and I would say that it's your fault as well. Why on earth or at least in India you would pay full down payment of your car when you haven't got it delivered. The dealer is just making a fool of you so its better you go and talk to GM.
Criticizing Beat and GM for your mistake and your experience does not make much sense to me. I hope you get the delivery of you Cruze AT ASAP...all the best.
Old 5th April 2010, 21:25   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@Takumi - I don't agree when people call it claustrophobic and find it decently spacious and only drawback is the lesser headroom.
I do agree with you on that.I checked out the BEAT and didn't find the rear seat to be claustrophobic.The seats though are not that comfortable.
How did you find the seats? Are they comfortable?
Old 5th April 2010, 22:30   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprodigy View Post
@brijesh1977 we understand your anguish against GM but I think it has more to do with dealer than GM. My dealer experience in Gurgaon has been very nice and I would say that it's your fault as well. Why on earth or at least in India you would pay full down payment of your car when you haven't got it delivered. The dealer is just making a fool of you so its better you go and talk to GM.
Criticizing Beat and GM for your mistake and your experience does not make much sense to me. I hope you get the delivery of you Cruze AT ASAP...all the best.
hi prodigy, in cochin there is just one dealer for GM , matter of fact except for 2 districts Geeyem Motors alone have dealership Of GM, and the delivery was promised on the first week of March ,but then things have been different now the dates have changed .Seems like the dealer themselves don,t know about he vehicle.

Anyways have taken the matter with GM , they say the usual stuff they are doing their best
Old 5th April 2010, 22:52   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I do agree with you on that.I checked out the BEAT and didn't find the rear seat to be claustrophobic.The seats though are not that comfortable.
How did you find the seats? Are they comfortable?

Front seats are excellent.
Rear seats lack thigh support. Can be very irritating for a big person. on a long drive.
Old 6th April 2010, 08:43   #669
BHPian

@auto-one
I and my friends found it comfortable and by comfortable I mean they are at par with other cars in this segment and this is the max you can expect. I agree that thigh support is missing a little bit but the leg room is good. My friends only complained about the head room which I also find a little less especially while getting in and out of the car its uncomfortable but I can live with that because I don't want Beat to look like the eye sore Ritz.
For long drives most of the cars in the segment have uncomfortable rear seats and I love Sumo Grande for long drives you feel like sitting on a sofa

Last edited by vprodigy : 6th April 2010 at 08:47.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:57   #670
Senior - BHPian

I haven't personally checked out the Figo, but judging by the feedback given by my family members, they think that the Figo is substantially roomier than the Beat.

In case you say that it is because of the larger rear windows, I would say, there you go, the Beat has tiny rear windows and it has to be claustrophobic. It has a smaller rear window than the Swift/Ritz duo. The only positive that comes out of that is the A/C doesn't have to work very hard.

The Beat has a good engine, no denying that. Probably one of the best after the Suzuki K-series engine on the Ritz and the Swift (beating them at refinement though).
Old 6th April 2010, 15:48   #671
BHPian

Anybody thought of integrating a Bluetooth to the dashboard and using your cellphone with the BEAT audio console. Is that possible anyhow but just adding any accessory?

Most new cars come with this feature to take calls from the car stereo, even the Figo comes with it, need to figure out if BEAT can comply with it....
Old 6th April 2010, 19:22   #672
BHPian

I prefer windows that are larger AND that open all the way. I used to hate sitting in the rear in dads Fiat (Padmini) simply because the windows would not roll down all the way. That makes me feel more claustrophobic then smaller windows. Guess to each his own.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:10   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX Overdrive View Post
Anybody thought of integrating a Bluetooth to the dashboard and using your cellphone with the BEAT audio console. Is that possible anyhow but just adding any accessory?

Most new cars come with this feature to take calls from the car stereo, even the Figo comes with it, need to figure out if BEAT can comply with it....
I guess you mean car bluetooth devices.Yes, such devices(mostly chinese) are available in the market with the accessories dealers. As far as I know, there is a bluetooth mirror which can be put on your current IRVM.The mirror displays the incoming name and number.It doesn't read the sms though.Also, it has a dark coated tint, so it is better to check out the rear visibility of the car, before going for this mirror.(My M800 has a sun-film installed on the hatch, and I found the dark tinged mirror to be affecting the rear visibility,esp. during night driving.)
There is another blue tooth device which is very compact and can be put on the steering. I found it to be more comfortable, since it is at the eye level.The features offered are more or less the same as with the mirror, except that there is no headset for private listening to calls.
Iam using this device since the last nearly one year and found the sound quality to be satisfactory.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:20   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I guess you mean car bluetooth devices.Yes, such devices(mostly chinese) are available in the market with the accessories dealers. As far as I know, there is a bluetooth mirror which can be put on your current IRVM.The mirror displays the incoming name and number.It doesn't read the sms though.Also, it has a dark coated tint, so it is better to check out the rear visibility of the car, before going for this mirror.(My M800 has a sun-film installed on the hatch, and I found the dark tinged mirror to be affecting the rear visibility,esp. during night driving.)
There is another blue tooth device which is very compact and can be put on the steering. I found it to be more comfortable, since it is at the eye level.The features offered are more or less the same as with the mirror, except that there is no headset for private listening to calls.
Iam using this device since the last nearly one year and found the sound quality to be satisfactory.

Thanks for the info. Would be keen to know how is this device powered, as its mounted on the steering wheel?

I was thinking that BEAT had one mini USB port available on the dash, if that bluetooth gadget could be directly plugged in there, and the audio console broadcasts the call on the car speaker....are you aware about any such gadget.
Old 7th April 2010, 16:43   #675
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking to book this car in a couple of day's. Just I thought let me inform every one a point, on this car Dealer have quoted me 14000+ insurance premium, which I have rejected from him and got a quote of 8668. from Chola and Bajaj both with 50% discount. full Un-name PA. No excess. I am still fighting on the discount for 55%. Chola has a product which will be a 0% depreciation product and that is costing me somewhere around 15000+

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks