Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 13:06   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
How many Kms your car has done and what they did in the first service.
I am sorry I am not much technical in the car. I have done 1100+ Kms.

Surprisingly they have told my driver to use normal petrol and not the special petrol in the car. They say it will help in the pickup and average both.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:20   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I am sorry I am not much technical in the car. I have done 1100+ Kms.

Surprisingly they have told my driver to use normal petrol and not the special petrol in the car. They say it will help in the pickup and average both.
I have driven some 3600km and used both the premium petrol initially and now use the normal petrol and i do not see the pickup improving its the way it was so not sure how is it improved in you case other than if you are keeping in high rev band. High rev is the only way you can get a good pull from Beat. Else we'll have to wait till the 2nd and 3rd service and I'm not hopeful even after that.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:43   #1038
BHPian

In my case, I got a considerable amount of increase in FE while using IOC Xtrapremium. Performance wise, there was no difference. I got close to 17kmpl last time with Xtrapremium. Will be checking it next time.

Here is a whole new world of Beat specific accessories(Source-Korean website):
SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
I would like to see them in India as well .
Old 10th June 2010, 20:47   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
In my case, I got a considerable amount of increase in FE while using IOC Xtrapremium. Performance wise, there was no difference. I got close to 17kmpl last time with Xtrapremium. Will be checking it next time.

Here is a whole new world of Beat specific accessories(Source-Korean website):
I would like to see them in India as well .
Amazing range Salbin, I wish we can get some of them in India :(
Thanks for posting this wonderful link Salbin
Old 11th June 2010, 04:45   #1040
BHPian

you know what I think would be a very useful accessory? A button/switch that allows you to lock/unlock the doors. I'm sick and tired of having to turn my body to unlock the door just because someone wants to get out. Does anyone have a solution?
Old 11th June 2010, 08:52   #1041
BHPian

@Salbin, really nice set of accessories!

@bbyf16: You can get the remote lock by GM. I've bought this along with the car (at some 2.9k) and it includes a button for locking/unlocking doors. Is that what you're asking.. or did I misunderstand your problem?
Old 11th June 2010, 13:24   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyf16 View Post
you know what I think would be a very useful accessory? A button/switch that allows you to lock/unlock the doors. I'm sick and tired of having to turn my body to unlock the door just because someone wants to get out. Does anyone have a solution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
@bbyf16: You can get the remote lock by GM. I've bought this along with the car (at some 2.9k) and it includes a button for locking/unlocking doors. Is that what you're asking.. or did I misunderstand your problem?
It is possible with any of the remote locking systems available in the market.
The remote can be used to open the doors when you are inside the vehicle also.

Otherwise wait for any of the TBHPians to come up with a DIY stuff taking inputs from the illustration given in this link:
Old 11th June 2010, 14:33   #1043
BHPian

Chevy has a huge list of accessories themselves. Just checked their website now. They have everything from sunroofs and door sill plates to indicators on the ORVMs!
Chevrolet Beat
Old 11th June 2010, 16:12   #1044
BHPian

Chevrolet is now offering Chevrolet promise for Beat too. They are commiting if the total maintenance for 3 years exceeds Rs. 16499, owners can claim for the refund of difference amount. Click the link below for more details.
Chevrolet India

Just now I got an e-mail from Chevrolet. They are also offering CPCOO (Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership Offer) for Beat for Rs 13499 till 30th June . It covers all Periodic Maintenance and all Running repairs for next 3 years or 45000 kms whichever is earlier.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:36   #1045
BHPian

Do you think this is worth going for? My showroom also told me about this, but I didn't go for it yet.
Old 11th June 2010, 18:37   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think this is worth going for? My showroom also told me about this, but I didn't go for it yet.
You can expect 5000Rs for maintainance in any car per year. Engine oil, oil filter, air filter etc. So 13500 is quite reasonable. Worth looking into. Also you can get complete peace of mind.
Old 11th June 2010, 19:19   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
A button/switch that allows you to lock/unlock the doors. I'm sick and tired of having to turn my body to unlock the door just because someone wants to get out. Does anyone have a solution?
Why can't the person who wants to get out just unlock whichever door he is using to get out?
Old 11th June 2010, 21:16   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
@Salbin, really nice set of accessories!

I got Autocop Guardian for 3000/- Rs. I got the price list from the dealer and in that one, the GM remote lock costs
3525/- Rs for 2170 CDL
and 3875/- Rs for 2170 NCDL.
I don't know the difference between them.

How did you get it for 2.9 ?
Old 11th June 2010, 21:42   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
use your right hand else let others unlock themselves!!! Each door can be individually unlocked and opened so i'm not sure why do you want to do that for everyone.
Old 12th June 2010, 09:10   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirubhai View Post
I got Autocop Guardian for 3000/- Rs. I got the price list from the dealer and in that one, the GM remote lock costs
3525/- Rs for 2170 CDL
and 3875/- Rs for 2170 NCDL.
I don't know the difference between them.
How did you get it for 2.9 ?
I got Autocop remote lock for Rs.2700/- from Reliance AutoZone.
The only difference you can find in the GM remote lock is the Beat specific wiring harness connectors. So if you go for GM remote lock, the wires need not be cut during the installation.
I came to know from the dealer that GM accessory is also made by Autocop.
Since the price difference between 2170CDL and 2170NCDL is only Rs.350/-, I think the first one may be for the vehicles with central locking and the other for non-central locking models.
I dont think we can get the shock sensor version for additional 350 rupees.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Most Viewed