Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 10:42   #1186
BHPian

Ah, thanks for the explanation Salbin and Topolino. So for my purpose (which is turning all functions off), I'm apparently doing the right thing.

Somehow I was expecting even the display to switch off, like the HU does when I turn it off.
Old 15th July 2010, 11:05   #1187

Audio

I have been having quite a few problems with the mini USB port in Beat LT. I have mini USB converters (wires) in which I attach the usual USB, with all the music. But within 5-7 minutes it stops and shows an error. I have 4 wires and in all I have been getting problems. Also at times when my phone rings in the car and the USB music will stop. I then have to restart the system. Its all very annoying.
Anybody who can throw some light on this?
Old 15th July 2010, 11:55   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Beat Query!

Dear Beat riders,

In terrible B2B traffic after some times, I can feel a very little vibration inside the cabin (steering, pedals and gearbox cover)while idling. Is this normal or anything to worry.

Now about the engine noise. At idle it is pin-drop silent. But over 1000rpm there is some sound (not harsh-but I love that revving sound) intrude into cabin. Is this normal?

There is a small kidu-kidu sound from left rear while going thorough rough patches.

Guys please help.

Regards

Vinu
Old 15th July 2010, 11:58   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Salbin, I am not a technical person like you to know what they have done at the time of service. I just deliver what I learned from the service people, may be its not correct, but the gear torque is changed anyway as it’s very much noticeable. I got a test drive with the service person but that time 1st gear torque loss was noticeable as we were only two people. I noticed this once we have 4 persons in the car and it was bit straining to pull in 1st gear. I am planning to get it corrected as soon as possible once I get some free time.
As mentioned by Oxyzen, ECU re-map has nothing to do with the transmission. Once you change the settings/correction values for the ECU, there will be change in the engine performance across all the gears. But the change cannot be gear specific.
May be you are feeling the difference because you may be comparing different RPM ranges in different gears(lower rpm range in the 1st gear).
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Somehow I was expecting even the display to switch off, like the HU does when I turn it off.
That doesn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
I have mini USB converters (wires) in which I attach the usual USB, with all the music. But within 5-7 minutes it stops and shows an error. I have 4 wires and in all I have been getting problems. Also at times when my phone rings in the car and the USB music will stop. I then have to restart the system. Its all very annoying.
Anybody who can throw some light on this?
May be due to loose connection in the USB port.
Just try shaking the connections while the system is working in USB to have a cross check (try shaking between HU & cable as well as between adaptor & pen drive).
What is the capacity of your pen drive?
Is it happening only with the bigger capacity pen drives?
It has happened 2-3 times with me. I removed and re-connected the USB and then restarted the system - it worked. In my case, this happened only when I was using an 8GB drive. Never happened with 1GB & 4GB ones. (may be a coincidence)
Old 15th July 2010, 13:17   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
As mentioned by Oxyzen, ECU re-map has nothing to do with the transmission. Once you change the settings/correction values for the ECU, there will be change in the engine performance across all the gears. But the change cannot be gear specific.
May be you are feeling the difference because you may be comparing different RPM ranges in different gears(lower rpm range in the 1st gear).

That doesn't happen.
In that case would you say that the 2nd gear stock setting torque is just like that? Just an illusion? It’s very much noticeable once you rev the engine in 1st gear, it’s very sluggish and hesitating to rev up just like the same lag experienced in the 2nd gear. But I must say one thing, after this tweak, 2nd gear has become smarter than the earlier condition. As I said earlier, I don’t know what they have done earlier except what they told me. The Service Manager admitted the same and asked me to come over for the same. If it was just my mistake then why should they ask me to bring the car? Yesterday I had to stop the car while climbing a steep bridge. It was really struggling to pull in 1st gear with only 2 persons in the car. Anyways next week only I will get some free time to get it serviced and will update the same.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:38   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
In that case would you say that the 2nd gear stock setting torque is just like that? Just an illusion? It’s very much noticeable once you rev the engine in 1st gear, it’s very sluggish and hesitating to rev up just like the same lag experienced in the 2nd gear. But I must say one thing, after this tweak, 2nd gear has become smarter than the earlier condition. As I said earlier, I don’t know what they have done earlier except what they told me. The Service Manager admitted the same and asked me to come over for the same. If it was just my mistake then why should they ask me to bring the car? Yesterday I had to stop the car while climbing a steep bridge. It was really struggling to pull in 1st gear with only 2 persons in the car. Anyways next week only I will get some free time to get it serviced and will update the same.
Not able to guess the reason behind this. Please ask the service manager when you go there next week. (and share with us)
BTW did you notice any change in FE after tweaking the ECU?
Old 15th July 2010, 14:55   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Not able to guess the reason behind this. Please ask the service manager when you go there next week. (and share with us)
BTW did you notice any change in FE after tweaking the ECU?
OK, I will ask and share it here. BTW, the grin icon doesn’t seems to be appropriate
I haven’t checked the FE since that, so unable to comment.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:11   #1193
BHPian

Found this interesting video about the Beat's launch in Europe (as the Spark):

Worth a watch. I like the front bottom part of this version of the Beat. The interiors look the same.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:51   #1194
Senior - BHPian

+ I like the rear bottom part too. How nicely they had integrated the silencer to the rear bumper!
Old 16th July 2010, 12:15   #1195
BHPian

Beat is launched as Spark in Europe with 1.0 and 1.2 litre engines, 5 variants viz. Spark, Spark+, Spark LS, Spark LS+ and Spark LT and lots of addition features. Please visit the site The new Chevrolet Spark 5-door city car ? Chevrolet UK for more details.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:22   #1196
BHPian

Seems Chevy had already launched the Beat in 2009. The film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, uses one green Beat. Yesterday my son pointed this to me.

Here's it:
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-transformers.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-transformers_2_spy_shots_chevy_trax_beat_camaro_2.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-skids2009carpicture.jpg
Old 16th July 2010, 12:53   #1197
BHPian

@Sajjit: The Beat will be launched in the US in 2011, not before. What your son has showed you are clips/shooting of the film "Transformers 3" - where the BEAT actually made its screen debut :-)
Old 16th July 2010, 17:36   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Beat is launched as Spark in Europe with 1.0 and 1.2 litre engines, 5 variants viz. Spark, Spark+, Spark LS, Spark LS+ and Spark LT and lots of addition features. Please visit the site The new Chevrolet Spark 5-door city car ? Chevrolet UK for more details.
Found this interesting item - "paint sticks" in the GM-UK Accessories page.
I am wondering why GM is not bringing this to India.
I feel this is a must for all cars running under Indian conditions.
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-paint-stick.jpg
Old 16th July 2010, 18:59   #1199
BHPian

Yeah, that would help in Indian conditions a lot. I wouldn't mind ordering from the UK if possible (7 GBP seems reasonable.. what do you say?)

BTW, did GM increase prices for BEAT?

I see that Hyd price for LT (Ex showroom): Rs. 418743/-

Car Price: Chevrolet Aveo, Tavera, Optra Magnum, Spark, Captiva in India
Old 16th July 2010, 21:06   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Seems Chevy had already launched the Beat in 2009. The film Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, uses one green Beat. Yesterday my son pointed this to me.

Here's it:
Attachment 388536

Attachment 388537

Attachment 388538
Yes Sajjt, you can check out this on my review thread i have posted a video clip of some cool footage of Beat model from Transformers movie

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks