Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 22:13   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I see that Hyd price for LT (Ex showroom): Rs. 418743/-
Hi Beat owners and prospective owners, I have a point to share. Please share your opinion and also if you noticed something similar.

While checking out the BEAT, noticed few things -

a. The ex. showroom prices of other cars are the same as mentioned in company website and the showroom, but in Pune, BEAT prices ex. showroom are (at least when I noticed in feb/mar) was different (more in dealer by approx. 8K). When checked with dealer was told Octroi charges and when checked with GM - call centre no. --> was told that due to logistics charges etc, not once but thrice. When dropped an email to GM, got the reply cc to the General mgr. of the showroom request the general mgr. to explain the difference in price. Not sure who is correct but Hyundai, Maruti, Ford have the same ex. showroom prices in website and dealers.
Funny part is there was a 150/- difference in 2 dealers in Pune for the ex. showroom price on LT. I know 150/- is a very small amount, but the charges/taxes etc are same for all dealers in a city.

b. In Pune the prices are categorized in broadly 2 parts - 1 for colors - white, black and misty lake and 2nd one (~5K more) for red, biege, blue etc.
Now in Calcutta the categorization is different - white, black and the rest are in the other category (~5K more because of metallic colour).

For the same car why it is so. Who is charging more? GM should have made it clear in their website, at least it would have been more transparent.
Old 17th July 2010, 10:37   #1202
BHPian

@Avon... here's what I've noticed:

a. Ex showroom prices are often not updated by GM as soon as there's a hike in Octroi etc. So for example, when I bought LT, ex showroom on the website was 3.99, but at the showroom was 4.07. Logistics charges were separate for me :-( (on top of ex showroom, I think some 5k). AFAIK, both dealers in Hyd had similar stategies.

b. Really! I thought the definition of metallic and non metallic was the same everywhere! I dont know too much in detail about this, cause the color I went for (Morocco Blue) was metallic anyway.
Old 17th July 2010, 12:34   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
@Avon... here's what I've noticed:

a. Ex showroom prices are often not updated by GM as soon as there's a hike in Octroi etc. So for example, when I bought LT, ex showroom on the website was 3.99, but at the showroom was 4.07. Logistics charges were separate for me :-( (on top of ex showroom, I think some 5k). AFAIK, both dealers in Hyd had similar stategies.

b. Really! I thought the definition of metallic and non metallic was the same everywhere! I dont know too much in detail about this, cause the color I went for (Morocco Blue) was metallic anyway.
Almost all manufacturer sites are not updated promptly, so your explanation justifies. But there are incidents that the dealers charging extra by listing some other reasons.

Avon is correct, in Cochin also there is classification on the colour and it’s like this: Black, White and the misty lake will be considered at no extra cost but for other colours 5600/- extra. I was looking for a golden (forgot its name) but only black was available and being a lover of black cars I jumped for it as there was huge demand for Beat at that time.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:10   #1204

Keyless Entry

To all Fellow beat owners - I was considering fitting keyless entry(remote locking) in my approx - 6000km 4 month old beat.

I checked the dealers OEM remote locking system and didnt quite like the stuff (the remotes are very shabby and the buttons wear out after minimal use) so thought of going for an aftermarket kit. However, the chevy folks claim that if you use non GM accessories it could void the warranty. Ofcourse, i would not want to risk the warranty on my 4.5L car for a 5k product, but whats the truth behind this? Anyone fitted keyless entry on their beat and if yes which one?

I would like one which has most features and is reliable with good service. Any comments on this.

If it means that i can only use the GM one. I would give it a miss for now, but i am sure you would agree that this is extremely pointless and we should not allow GM to boss around and try to act monopolistic.

Your views please.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:56   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaprime1509 View Post
To all Fellow beat owners - I was considering fitting keyless entry(remote locking) in my approx - 6000km 4 month old beat.

I checked the dealers OEM remote locking system and didnt quite like the stuff (the remotes are very shabby and the buttons wear out after minimal use) so thought of going for an aftermarket kit. However, the chevy folks claim that if you use non GM accessories it could void the warranty. Ofcourse, i would not want to risk the warranty on my 4.5L car for a 5k product, but whats the truth behind this? Anyone fitted keyless entry on their beat and if yes which one?

I would like one which has most features and is reliable with good service. Any comments on this.

If it means that i can only use the GM one. I would give it a miss for now, but i am sure you would agree that this is extremely pointless and we should not allow GM to boss around and try to act monopolistic.

Your views please.
I have already fitted AutocopXS remote locking system along with power window auto roll-up system. More details in my thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1883340-post68.html
Old 19th July 2010, 12:24   #1206
vihang15

Quote:

Anyone fitted keyless entry on their beat and if yes which one?

Your views please.

hi aplhaprime ,

i got a terminator brand remote locking from the showroom itself . @ 2800/- , they gave me a extra remote incase the primary gets damaged . its simple gadget with 2 button remote and solves the purpose of remote locking . i would recommed not to go with much bells and whistles like engine lock and touch buzzer etc ; as it becomes a hassle later on . keep it simple and enjoy your drive .

Old 19th July 2010, 12:25   #1207
BHPian

Quote:

Your views please.
Hey GM is giving this key-less entry option as an accessory at a cost of 3200/ in Cochin. It’s from Autocop but without any wire cutting and splicing.

I have got it installed from Autocop itself for 3K with B&W for 3 years which is standard for every Autocop. But I think there is a chance of risking warranty if anything pops up in future related to electricals. Same is applicable to any mod other than from GM.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:37   #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Hey GM is giving this key-less entry option as an accessory at a cost of 3200/ in Cochin. It’s from Autocop but without any wire cutting and splicing.

I have got it installed from Autocop itself for 3K with B&W for 3 years which is standard for every Autocop. But I think there is a chance of risking warranty if anything pops up in future related to electricals. Same is applicable to any mod other than from GM.
@Salbin , @vihang and all. Thanks for your replies. As i Infer you folks have actually gone ahead with the aftermarket stuff. I am not sure if risking the warranty is a good thing to do as i plan to use this car for a while. Nevertheless, I think i will keep it simple and probably just go for the GM one which is an unaesthetically designed product for a good looking car, but theres no choice as i dont want to fight for validating my warranty later on.
Old 19th July 2010, 15:46   #1209
BHPian

I would agree with vihang here. The basic Rs 2.8k one given by your dealer isn't bad at all. It's durable (I know since my friend who owns a Chevy Spark has the exact same remote, and is using it for 3 yrs), and they give a spare.

It's not that bad looking too, IMHO.
Old 19th July 2010, 17:13   #1210
BHPian

Quote:

Your views please.

Got the Autocop manufactured OEM GM central remote locking system installed on my beat during my 5000 kms service. It cost me 4500 rs at Nagpur. Has 3 keys.. Arm/Disarm/Find car.
Otherwise a pretty basic model.Functionwise
Old 19th July 2010, 17:14   #1211

Point taken Quadmaniac and others. Will get the GM kit fitted during the weekend. Thanks for all your advice.
Old 20th July 2010, 11:27   #1212

I wanted to enquire how are you beat owners managing the USB port on the car deck? I hope we are not falling for the 750/- cable that the GM folks are selling? It is easily available over the internet for less than 60/- so one can buy a small adapter instead of using a cable dangling all over the dashboard. Just my 2 cents.

Additionally, has anyone noticed that the OEM deck has an iPod solution when you look at the display in bright light. Does this mean that it is iPod compatible? if Yes then this would be a huge advantage. Any comments?
Old 20th July 2010, 14:45   #1213
BHPian

Hey Guyz,

Me too in Beat Club now . Went for a Linen Biege LS variant.

Car looks amazingly cool. I did not find many of Linen Biege Beats in this forum, so just thought of adding the pics along with this thread.

Have clocked just 500 kms in this new bea(s)t and found my drive to be a pleasurable one. I totally enjoyed driving this new machine.

Have only clicked some pics , will upload some more in the near future.

Thanks,
Rajan.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1673.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1675.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1693.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1697.jpg  

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-img_1698.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th July 2010 at 04:17. Reason: Images restored
Old 20th July 2010, 15:52   #1214
BHPian

Congrats! However I'm not able to see the pics!
Old 20th July 2010, 17:12   #1215
BHPian

@informmaha: Congratulations.
Welcome to Beat club.
BTW the pics are not properly attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks